Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
Naruto... what do you think of it in english? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

favorite out of the three
  naruto
  sakura
  sasuke
View Results

Icha Icha Kakashi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:43 pm
Limjoko
They should put back the violence, and the character voices need to be changed, they don't sound like they really should

AGREE.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:33 pm
Eh, Naruto doesn't say "Believe it" (aka dattebayo, the thing he said in Japanese) as much as he gets older and more mature. (ie, show goes on)

And, there really wasn't much they could do with translating dattebayo. It's simply a made up word, so there was nothing they could have translated it to in English.

What I'm worried about is how they'll handle Jiraiya. I LOVE HIM SO crying  

Windmill Of Your Mind

x.X.Innocent Passion.X.x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:16 pm
I'm glad that I don't have to read the subtitles, but it's...........weird. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:54 pm
... do you really need to ask me. Look at my post in the other naruto topic. I HATE ENGLISH DUB!!! *rips Cartoon Network apart*  

babydoog2

Adventuring Duck

10,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

babydoog2

Adventuring Duck

10,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:57 pm
Oh and one more thing. Whats with CN editing out the SasuNaru kiss in the... what, 3rd episode? Jeez... are they just thinking to themselves right now 'We're going to butcher the japanese anime version and turn it into some crap that will sell out because it doesn't have two guys kissing it it?' And whats with the no nose bleed things? I mean... well yeah, it's a sign for perverted, but really. No need to be rash.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:59 pm
atsumaru
Cartoon Network DESTROYED Naruto. They censored out the nose bleed, wth.
I liked the non-dubbed one so much more.

moonlight shadow124

JadedLies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:07 pm
Urrgh! Don't even get me started!
Usually, I'm okay with dubbed versions 'cause some aren't all that bad. But this one...!!
It was so frustrating watching the few episodes that I did! They pronounce practically all the names wrong! And in my opinion, the voice actors really need to die! I don't think they go with the characters at all (But that's probably because I've only watched the Japanese versions). Also, all the genin's voices sound too mature! They're pubescent twelve-year-olds for god's sake! And yes, Naruto does say "Believe it!" way too many times. It gets really, really, really annoying. He does say "Dattebayo" a lot in the Japanese version, and they did probably have to think of something to take it's place in the dubbed version. But still!
And yeah, they did cut out a lot of blood! That's also an important factor in the anime! They're ninjas, ninjas get into vicious fights, so there's bound to be bloodshed! If Toonami didn't think that bloodshed was apporpriate for children to see, they shouldn't have put it on Toonami in the first place! And the nose bleeds! Okay, yeah, it did hint some things. But it's not like little children are gonna figure that out! I'm surprised they just didn't cut all the "Sexy Jutsu" scenes out!
But they did cut out the scene with Naruto's and Sasuke's kiss! Argh!! That was the best scene in the entire series! Ah! The prettiful yaoi~ness! I understand why they did that, but it still really upset me! Urrggh! I'll never forgive them!

...Okay, the fan-girl rant is over. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:48 pm
JadedLies
Usually, I'm okay with dubbed versions 'cause some aren't all that bad. But this one...!!
It was so frustrating watching the few episodes that I did! They pronounce practically all the names wrong! And in my opinion, the voice actors really need to die! I don't think they go with the characters at all (But that's probably because I've only watched the Japanese versions). Also, all the genin's voices sound too mature! They're pubescent twelve-year-olds for god's sake! And yes, Naruto does say "Believe it!" way too many times. It gets really, really, really annoying. He does say "Dattebayo" a lot in the Japanese version, and they did probably have to think of something to take it's place in the dubbed version. But still!
And yeah, they did cut out a lot of blood! That's also an important factor in the anime! They're ninjas, ninjas get into vicious fights, so there's bound to be bloodshed! If Toonami didn't think that bloodshed was apporpriate for children to see, they shouldn't have put it on Toonami in the first place! And the nose bleeds! Okay, yeah, it did hint some things. But it's not like little children are gonna figure that out! I'm surprised they just didn't cut all the "Sexy Jutsu" scenes out!
But they did cut out the scene with Naruto's and Sasuke's kiss! Argh!! That was the best scene in the entire series! Ah! The prettiful yaoi~ness! I understand why they did that, but it still really upset me! Urrggh! I'll never forgive them!

...you are my sister. XD I think exactly the same thing!!  

babydoog2

Adventuring Duck

10,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

JadedLies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:40 am
babydoog2
JadedLies

Wow...you actually read all that? But yay! I have a sister! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:50 pm
god. if i hear "believe it" one more time. i swear i'll go rape the voice actor of naruto scream the manga is better than the anime. i rather watch naruto in subtitles instead of hearing his really annoying voice in english on tv.  

lorinasrose

Dedicated Citizen

35,840 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500

Inugab44

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:06 pm
naruto in english is the most gayest voice they could ever give him.they make him sound like such a f**. they messed up the show because of that stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:38 pm
I do like the manga better (yay blood) but at least on toonami kids can get a feel of real japanese anime (except they understand it) Although I do wish they made the show closer to the book the pertvertedness was funny. lol  

redrebel225

babydoog2

Adventuring Duck

10,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:57 pm
JadedLies
babydoog2
JadedLies

Wow...you actually read all that? But yay! I have a sister! xd
yeah I read it. I like reading long posteths. ^^ *gigglegrin* YAY SISSY! *glomp*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:35 am
... Uhh...

... Well...

I live in Canada and we don't get Cartoon Network... but Naruto comes on YTV. >.< Fridays are like anime nights on YTV, though, there's a specific programming block for anime. The rest of the night is crap like... Mew Mew Power... D.I.C.E.... Transformers... and Naruto. Maybe it's the s**t-tastic theme song and ending. I don't know for sure. But, I think it should be up there after 9:00PM with Inuyasha, FMA, Gundam SEED, and all the others. You know?
Another thing that makes me mad is the voices. I'm not going to b***h; it's not the voice actors I hate. It's the people who dubbed it. Have you noticed one of their other HUGE dubbing failures? --CoughInuyashaCough-- They also recently wrecked another show, one of my FAVOURITES. --CoughFullMoonWoSagashiteCough-- ...If you were my best friend, you would be used to me flipping off the VIZ symbol whenever I see it. I thought that VIZ wasn't as horrible as 4Kids. It's like... barely better. Why not tell the voice actors they are pronouncing the voices wrong.
Or do they want it to be pronounced like that?
...I rest my case.

Wow. That was nice to get out. --Nodnod--

Wendehbird

human_remains

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:52 pm
Icha Icha Kakashi
Limjoko
They should put back the violence, and the character voices need to be changed, they don't sound like they really should

AGREE.

i seconds that. narutos voice gets on my nerves and it realy should be on late night afultswim, all its oraginal bloody goodness intact.  
JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games