YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:55 pm
I'm seemingly part of the majority here o.O
Pads, exclusively. I tried tampons, but.. I just didn't like them *shrug* I personally don't find pads uncomfortable at all, unless I have to wear them for a long time, like on car rides of epic length, and my flow is really heavy...
@Wong: I accually have that problem too sometimes... ussually (I think) from sleeping on one side too long. It's really bad right near the begining of my period when it's heaviest. But I find it happens most on the back... But I think that's just because I ussually sleep on my back anyways *shrug*
Though I have to say the most annoying thing about pads is the horrible ripping noises D: They rip when you open the package, when you take them off... It's embarassing, especially at school or in public washrooms D:  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:59 pm
Yeah, whenever I'm taking out a pad it's REALLY loud whenever I open one but it's ok because it's home...

and at school I usually either wear an overnight one (so I don't have to worry about changing it) or I wait until somebody flushes the toilet to disguise the loud ripping noise. biggrin  

JCWong

Phantom

The Chexed Nut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:19 pm
It's not healthy to wear a pad all day long, you can get an infection from the bacteria that's collected on the pad. I mean, you shouldn't get too crazy and change it every hour on the hour. I change mine every 3-4 hours, depending on if I can get to a bathroom or not.

Lmao, I do get a little self-conscious when I have to rip that plastic binding open. It's like, "Oh man, everyone knows I'm on period." I get over it though because there's always at least two girls in the bathroom every day who are needing to get their business taken care of.

I used a towel when I first started. What amused me was that when I did spot on my sheets, you wouldn't be able to tell the blood apart from the flower pattern that was on them. whee

@Dloc: Yes, bow down to us! You men'll never know the pain us women go through for those 40-45 years of our lives. xd

@GRM: I was told that you can bleed for up to 6 weeks after your pregnancy, is that true? D; I get annoyed when I have to bleed for a week, but do I need to handle all that for SIX WEEKS?!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:30 pm
I generally change my pad when it's full. :/ That happens every 3 or 4 hours usually when I use the huge super maxi pads. If i don't then I have to change it every half an hour. razz

I just don't care what other people think when I'm opening the pad covering. I'm like "Meh, all the other girls here have their period sometime... if they feel the need to freak out because I'm having my period, that's their problem." *shrugs*  

Kerrigan_dragon

monkeybite

5,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:31 am
i use both pads for i know im going to leak and when im going to bed and tampons well for swimming and sports  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 am
Chexednut
It's not healthy to wear a pad all day long, you can get an infection from the bacteria that's collected on the pad. I mean, you shouldn't get too crazy and change it every hour on the hour. I change mine every 3-4 hours, depending on if I can get to a bathroom or not.

Not to mention that you can develop infections from the lack of air to the... girlie stuff, especially if you're leaving the same pad on. You should take that thing out and let it breathe every now and then.

Chexednut
Lmao, I do get a little self-conscious when I have to rip that plastic binding open. It's like, "Oh man, everyone knows I'm on period." I get over it though because there's always at least two girls in the bathroom every day who are needing to get their business taken care of.

Me too. I always just open the little metal box and say, "I'm not the only one today." And if I am the only one, I eat a candy bar.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Florals

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 pm
Tampons. I hate the sound pads make when you have to take them off in a public bathroom, and tampons are so much more discrete to carry around. I would probably use pads at night if I was able to, but tampons are the only things that get purchased in my household.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:37 am
Chexednut, it can be anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks. With Lydia It was 9 weeks and with Guin it was about 6. I used to be like "Oh it's cool to be pregnant because at least you don't have to go through the s**t of periods." No. All that s**t is even worse! You get cramps during pregnancy as everything inside adjusts AND after birth as it tries to go back to normal. The more times you're pregnant the worse the "after birth cramps" are, so says my doc anyways. Last time they were crippling, I'm horrified of this time!

There is so much that no one tells you about being pregnant. Like after you give birth you pretty much pass out, that's fine and dandy, but when you wake up again you have to take such a wicked piss. After I had Lydia I was like "cool, I'ma go pee now and see what it's like walking around being 30lbs lighter" Well walking is no fun, everything is sore from being used and the blood..... OMG THE BLOOD! As soon as I stood up, it started running down my leg. I left a trail from the bed to the bathroom. Then you have the blood clots that fall out. I'm not talking about little ones that you sometimes get while on your period, I'm talking about ones the size of your fist or bigger. It's so violating when they come out because down there has already done so much work. It's super gross and lasts for a good week or two.

So if you plan on getting pregnant get ready to wear a diaper afterwards for about 2 weeks, then you can move down to super absorbent and so on.

Having the kid is totally worth it though! Oh and I suggest waiting the 6 weeks before having sex again. You have to wait at least 2 for medical reasons, and they say you should even wait 6. Do it, wait the weeks unless you want to set yourself back a week or two in the bleeding phase!  

God-Raped-Me

Champagne98

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:40 am
GRM, it depends, I've had four children, and the last one I barely had any cramps from after birth, but then again, I had a fully natural childbirth with no drugs, all because my ex didn't believe me until I almost gave birth at the jobsite.

Men, if your partner ever goes into labor, TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL!!! Don't be a jackass like my ex and say she's just trying to get attention.

I made it to the hospital to have my water break in the parking lot next to my car, and when I got into the delivery room, I just barely had enough time to get my pants off before I gave birth to my youngest daughter. I was home the next day, and my middle daughter took her first steps the day we brought her baby sister home from the hospital.

Even at home, I didn't get bedrest. Too many things for me to do. So I kept moving, and had no cramps what-so-ever ^^

~~~~~~~~~~

Topic wise: Tampons mostly, but both when I start cause it's so heavy for the first day

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Meet Passion Rose
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click on my eggs, help them hatch! Please!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:06 pm
I always use pads, even though it feels like a diaper to me.. o.o
I'm trying to avoid that awkward conversation with my mom about using tampons until I absolutely have to, heh. >.<

I usually get cramps the first day, usually just mild ones. I just take a Midol and they go away after a little bit.
I bloat really bad and gain about 5 pounds though. D:

KiBowie

Dapper Dabbler

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:27 am
Pads are best for me......the river runs thru...the first three days....after that it's a drip drip.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:30 am
Oh yes one more thing if you are really bitchy just before you start it is best to stay away from chocolate, caffeine and salt.....my doctors order was to have none of them at all. I drink decafe and no salt and have sweets but not chocolate.  

Topaz Citrine

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:08 am
User Image

I've never had the mood swings before my period. I'm the same before and after.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:43 pm
I always wore pads when I first started my period. They were so uncomfortable and horrible to wear with tight pants. I always felt like everybody could tell I was wearing one and then one day i decided to try a tampon and I never went back to pads. Tampons are the bomb!! xd and I'm pretty lucky I rarely get any cramps during my period.  

suki_suki_lore

Angeyja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:45 am
i am surprised to hear how many people are preferring pads over tampons. once i had discovered tampons i could not imagine going back to pads and thought everyone would feel that way.
the time after birth wasn't very nice, but not as dramatic as grm has experienced it either. so chex you shouldn't worry to much yet.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff