Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
Kitty's Bugs and InK for ArTsIe Quest! O.o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like bugs?
  Ew! No (squash)
  Yes (a believer O.U)
  indifferent....(...o.o)
  I eat bugs! (.....O.o)
View Results

Usa-chii

Romantic Cutie-Pie

10,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:21 pm
Bumpity. 'Ello Ni-chan. whee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:37 pm
Ello Mi-chan. See you've dropped in ^_^  

i_am_recyclable

Karunoshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:20 pm
Aha, cliche corny and very extremely true. Experimenting is the best way to learn things ^_^ oh though it also depends what your experimenting...you just shouldn't experiment some thing XD
But yeah I have a friend who's a grade higher than me and a technology junkie so he's going to teach me stuff.
We're both in journalism class and we have to stay after next week to learn photoshop CS3 since that's how we're going to be designing the newspaper and everything (I'm on the newspaper staff)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:43 pm
Newspaper staff? I guess it suits you if you like chatting ^_^. That's good that ur getting that photoshop thing. That's definately good experience. ^_^. (I wish my computer freinds would teach meh sweatdrop )  

i_am_recyclable

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:41 am
The newspaper will be a lot of fun. I'm sure of it. ^_^ Photoshop is a pain in the butt! I had to experiment and mess with it. I taught myself for the most part. It takes a lot of practice. I have fun making graphics though like the one that links to my quest thread. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:20 pm
Actually guys the newspaper staff is a lot of work.

The deadlines are mostly killer. You only get about three days or so to get your interviews with people done and you have to learn how to ignore grammar and just write as fast as you can and make sure you get good information and quotes.

Also when you write stories there are certain things you can't say and you have to do TONS of research. In news stories especially you can't put speculation, you have to put down facts but not cold hard facts, you have to make it interesting without putting what seems like your opinion in there.

We're learning how to do InDesign which we're going to use to write the story and I don't think we'll use photoshop much since that's for pictures but we're staying after for a couple of hours next Tuesday and my technology geeky crush is going to teach me how to work photoshop and InDesign.  

Karunoshi

i_am_recyclable

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:18 pm
I bet it is, but it sounds like a lot of fun. But controlled writing? O.o....Yeah that's hard alright? Where do you find inspiration like that in so little time.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:25 pm
i sent u a buggie trade smile  

meebeewee

Man-Lover

8,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50

i_am_recyclable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm
lol thank you. ^_^. You can expect art in about a day or so. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:50 pm
Well she makes a list of stories and you basically chose which one interests you the most for news stories.
For editorials you come up with something that's related to school or community but you have to make it good!

So in a way you write what you like but I feel bad for those who are writing for politics. They bore me to death!  

Karunoshi

i_am_recyclable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:12 pm
My God how do you survive crying  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:53 am
You're telling me! I spent about three hours last night (currently 5:40 in the morning where I'm at) from 6 to 9 without eating (I accidentally slept from 2 when I got home till 5:30 and I was hungry so I ate dinner and then started working at six) and I'm still not done!

I had to write something for Spanish which was easy but time consuming.

I had to rewrite the Constitution and it's Amendments (that was killer like blow me up now killer) I mean seriously. Ask an adult on the street and even they wouldn't know the Bill of Rights. Ask the President and he wouldn't know the Bill of Rights! It's there and it's important but we don't know it! It all boils down to common sense, goodness. American Government is pointless (the class).

Then I had a six paragraph essay to write which I didn't do since I could find everything I needed to write it crying and it was already nine o clock by then.

I was going to do Biology but I'm not completely sure if I had to do that or not...we have a weird school schedule and for his, class he makes the schedule even HARDER to understand. So yeah I didn't do that...and I'm nervous and wondering whether it's due today or not.

I can so go off on my classes XD Like in English class we had to write a speech as one of the animals in Animal Farm and it was OBVIOUS who I was even though I didn't say the name (and she said you didn't have to say the name if it was obvious) I said I gave birth to four foals and Boxer the other cart horse was a good friend of mine and it was OBVIOUS I was Clover the other cart horse but she was like "You didn't say who you were. You kept saying foals. Are you a winged creature?" I got a D on that assignment which was a major part of my grade and when I asked my friends they were like "What no way!? You did better than I did!" so yeah. Well whatever. I'll work harder next time.  

Karunoshi

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 am
Randomly breaks out in song

"I WILL SURVIVE!!!!!" La, la, la, la

I'd have a difficult time with controlled writing. Sounds like you're learning a lot though. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:29 pm
crying . I have no words to comfort your pain. My god I'm scared of going to college now. eek  

i_am_recyclable

"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces