where is my purple monkey?
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 53

lunaci

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 am
killafrog
Safire Waters
Someone please tell me. Am I going Crazy has the world turned upside down or what. I am currently in the process of a divorce we have been to court I got sole Physical custody of the Children and he Got Very Liberal visitation.
Divorce is final in January. This week he bounced the Support check. I am disabled with a heart condition and can't work. So now I am over drafted by over 1000 dollars. because the check he wrote was no good. I feel that he should be responsible for the overdraft fee's as well as for making sure I get the full amount of the support payment. I had over 100 dollars in my account until his check bounced. he claims the overdraft fees are my fault for living outside my means?? I am just wondering if any sane human being would buy this idiocy?

well u i had seen my mom divorce and her lawyer said when hes late or bounces yea he should pay so he learns. no i think its the check he gave fault he should pay. next time talk to ur banker about a safer way so if this happens again u ain't stuck with a over draft fee again. like go to his bank see if he has that much is an idea?

Can't you have his wages garnished by your state? Bring that up with your lawyer as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:24 am
lunaci
killafrog
Safire Waters
Someone please tell me. Am I going Crazy has the world turned upside down or what. I am currently in the process of a divorce we have been to court I got sole Physical custody of the Children and he Got Very Liberal visitation.
Divorce is final in January. This week he bounced the Support check. I am disabled with a heart condition and can't work. So now I am over drafted by over 1000 dollars. because the check he wrote was no good. I feel that he should be responsible for the overdraft fee's as well as for making sure I get the full amount of the support payment. I had over 100 dollars in my account until his check bounced. he claims the overdraft fees are my fault for living outside my means?? I am just wondering if any sane human being would buy this idiocy?

well u i had seen my mom divorce and her lawyer said when hes late or bounces yea he should pay so he learns. no i think its the check he gave fault he should pay. next time talk to ur banker about a safer way so if this happens again u ain't stuck with a over draft fee again. like go to his bank see if he has that much is an idea?

Can't you have his wages garnished by your state? Bring that up with your lawyer as well.

he was late paying the monthly payment and the lawyer said that u can make it like a gift cause he was late but i don't know about the draft part but he is to pay it
what i do is get proof of your payments u spent the month the over draft happened so u can say i didn't go over tell i used your check in case u have to bring in the big guns (lawyers) and show him the proof but make sure copy's to him so u have original in your hands u don't need to be ripped off, plus sucks if u have to go back to court when u can try possibly fix it on your own. i would do that so he ain't blaming u anything and u ain't got the proof it was him to back u up with.  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Angelicphrase

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:38 pm
lunaci
Angelicphrase
*Sigh* Ok everyone seams to be comfortable with this ranting area so I'm going to let some things out becuse I may scream otherwise.I'm not trying to outsob anyone or demand pity but I'm so miserable I just don't know what to do anymore. My mother has MS, she has since I was very little. Because of this I've taken care of her most of my life. When I was 12 I started doing the household choirs and all the legwork (she can not walk). Now it's to the point of total homecare. I feel like a nurse sometimes but however we can't afford one she's on disability and I work 2 jobs. (Again not saying this for pity) My friends all suggest I get homecare or put her in a home. SHE'S ONLY ^*%$ing 47! I WILL NOT DO THAT. I've thought of requesting assistance for a homecare but the professionals in my area are having funding and staffing issues. I wanted to go to school but I would not be able to leave her alone. Because of all this I have a LOT of resentment built up against my mother. I feel guilty as all sin for it because she's the one suffering and this certainly wasn't her idea. But I'm either soo angry or I shut off and feel nothing. (It's mildly frightening) The cherry on top is that she's in denial about her condition and so we never talk about "it". She doesn't take her meds, doesn't eat, doesn't try to help herself at all. I have to fight with her every step to try to just save her. Every day something new is wrong with her and I hate watching her waste away. I'm sorry if this was too weepy but I never tell these things to anybody here so I need to scream....lots.

I understand that you love your mom and I respect that you do take care of her. I'm not too sure how I could cope in your shoes, so I really do think you are a strong person.

As for your mom's denial, I don't know what to say to help. I actually had a different response to your rant, but I thought about it and how I would feel if I were your mom. Maybe she is in denial because deep down she really does not want to become over-reliant on other people. Maybe she wants to keep her independence or she does not want to be a burden. I don't know what her thought may be, but the denial could stem from and unwillingness to face something. I can only suggest having her attend a support group or seeing a counselor. If there are any activities that she feels she can do herself, then let her do it (a brief stint studying the whatnots of being a CNA taught me that a lot of patients prefer to be as independent as they can be. It's a good idea to not force your help, but to offer it). In the earlier post, another user suggested an adult day care. You could consider looking into it (if there is one in your state). Whatever you do, I wish you the best.

Thank you I really just even appreciate having someone hear that so thank you. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:21 am
twotees a pm is like email but on gaia.. that (Private message) you can send someone.  

ladyrose2

Safire Waters

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:24 am
Angelicphrase
@Safire: I agree with Killafrog that definitely sounds like your lawyer could nail his but for that one. If he continues that sort of action I think you can have a lean put on his income, but better ask the lawyer I'm not familiar with American law.

Oh I can have his wages Garnished there is a remedy It's just sometimes I feel like the world is upside down crazy that he can do these messed up things and then turn around and try to make it My fault...

Thanks for the positive feedback...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:42 am
Angelicphrase: it's no problem.

Safire Waters: Good luck and best wishes.  

lunaci

Angelicphrase

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:27 pm
@Safire waters: I hope he stops acting like a tool and you have our support that it's not your fault he's an idiot. Good luck dear ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:06 pm
Safire Waters
Angelicphrase
@Safire: I agree with Killafrog that definitely sounds like your lawyer could nail his but for that one. If he continues that sort of action I think you can have a lean put on his income, but better ask the lawyer I'm not familiar with American law.

Oh I can have his wages Garnished there is a remedy It's just sometimes I feel like the world is upside down crazy that he can do these messed up things and then turn around and try to make it My fault...

Thanks for the positive feedback...

your welcolm for all the good feedbacks  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
have a great day  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:48 pm
The other day, I read an article (in Essence Magazine) on the famous comedian/ actress Mo'Nique. It talked about an up-and-coming movie that she starred in, but also talked about a traumatizing experience she had during her childhood. She opened up to the world that she was molested by her brother at age 7 and has been molested a few more times. When she finally summoned enough courage to tell her parents, her mom said that if it was true, it would happen again. Her father wanted to do something, but was perplexed as to what to do.

She has held that secret for a long time and told very few people in her life about it. When she did open up to the journalist about it, she asked that parents listen to their children when the tell them that they do not feel comfortable. To this day, she is still learning to live her life.

This article inspired me to leave some information for anyone who has (or who knows someone who has) been sexually abused in any kind of way. It's the same information that was shared in the magazine:

Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
200 L Street, N.W., Ste. 406
Washington DC 20036
(202)544-3064 or (800)656-HOPE (4673)
rainn.org

National Children' Allience
516 C Street, N.E.
Washington DC 20002
(800)239-9950
nca-online.org

The National Crime Victim Bar Association
2000 M Street, N.W., Ste. 480
Washington DC 20036
(800)FYI-CALL (294-1155)
ncvc.org

Justice For Children
1155 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., 6th floor
(202)462-8753
jfcadcocacy.org

lunaci

Sugah Baby Neko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 pm
sweatdrop I like yaoi  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:28 pm
never good when people are abused sweatdrop  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:13 pm
happy halloween to all the gaians have a blast.
any body want to share feel free to do so...we help in ways we can  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:13 pm
All I have is a complaint about a crappy job that I wish I didn't have to work for the time being. The place is like a big violation.... at least where the food is concerned. Tell me if I'm wrong, but if a cucumber has one spec of mold on it, aren't you suppose to throw it out? I got fuss at for throwing out 5 cucumbers with multiple spots of mold. Two of them were soft, too. Can you believe that they expect me to cut out the bad parts and serve the good parts? What's worse is that everyone's telling me that I'm lucky to have a job because of the economy's recession. Right now, I could care less how lucky I am 'cause I'm compromising my standards. If every restaurant does this, I swear I would not even bother to eat out again.... thankfully, I know that's not the case.  

lunaci

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces