View Results

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:53 am
Sanzoskitsune

Ok while I don't fully agree that these shows were BETTER than Japanese Anime, or the voice actors for that matter I will agree on one thing. America fails in making more cartoons as awesome and kick a** as these. These shows happen to be some of my favorites ever and the voices for Batman and Joker were absolutely amazing. I find it very disappointing that there is the talent and skill out there to make these kinds of shows and instead they come out with crap like "The Batman" which is a sucky a** version of Batman and god knows what other atrocities (I haven't been paying attention)

There are just as many shitty Japanese animes. For every Trigun there are at least 10 Claymores., and yes Claymore was bad, the anime sucked so severely.

Look at the new stuff DC and Marvel are putting out, they are high quality (Avengers, Doomsday vs Superman, etc).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:55 pm
There are huge differences. Powerpuff Girls, and some other shows are okay. but Johnny Test, the american Sonic X, The "Marvelous" Misadventures of Flapjack, are pretty bad, my opinion is that if you want to, ya know, hear the voices play video Games or something. anime is better than cartoons, my opinion.  

UniversallyUnstable

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 pm
Saverio C.
Sanzoskitsune

Ok while I don't fully agree that these shows were BETTER than Japanese Anime, or the voice actors for that matter I will agree on one thing. America fails in making more cartoons as awesome and kick a** as these. These shows happen to be some of my favorites ever and the voices for Batman and Joker were absolutely amazing. I find it very disappointing that there is the talent and skill out there to make these kinds of shows and instead they come out with crap like "The Batman" which is a sucky a** version of Batman and god knows what other atrocities (I haven't been paying attention)

There are just as many shitty Japanese animes. For every Trigun there are at least 10 Claymores., and yes Claymore was bad, the anime sucked so severely.

Look at the new stuff DC and Marvel are putting out, they are high quality (Avengers, Doomsday vs Superman, etc).
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ALL anime is good, I'm just saying that they're at least coming out with good stuff now and I don't really see that much current American cartoons that I like. I'm not entirely convinced by Avengers, and so far the only thing that's come out recently that I've liked was Batman: The Brave and the Bold, while on the other hand I've seen quite a few animes that I've liked. Of course this is all personal preference so it can be easily brushed aside if you don't agree, since well what I prefer is obviously not going to be what you prefer.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:29 pm
Kyla_Ewens
Sanzoskitsune

@Kyla ...when did they do that to Bugs and who must I kill for it?

The horror...the horror: Oh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvdMz4KJIt8
Oh my gosh... that has just scarred me for life...

On another note, Avatar is actually good? I've never bothered to watch it because I just assumed it would be really stupid, but I guess I'll give it a shot. :] Yeah, in general American cartoons are really failing now, they used to actually be pretty entertaining. But I guess instead of cartoons we have pixar movies...  

TurtIe Tracks

Namikaze Kaiyoko

Tipsy Kitten

9,475 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:58 pm
ninja Ninja Kyuubi Strikes! ninja
Most "American" animes are actually poorly translated Japanimation. Take Sailor Moon. Most people in America believe her human name is "Serena"(shudders at mentioning this... burning_eyes ...) IT'S NOT! The translators changed it (And a whole lot more) so that it was more understandable to us. Her real name is "Usagi" which means "Bunny" in Japanese and is a common name for a girl. Why did Americans change it... Well, for one thing, Japanese culture is a whole lot different. And they were advertising it to young elementary school kids (another thing I have against the American Sailor Moon... It was meant for middle and high school students...).
As for the "New age" American Anime, it's more about following the art style. Which is actually very good. It makes the show more realistic while keeping a cartoonish look.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:05 pm
Sanzo: You should check out some of the new DC direct stuff; DC: New Frontier was fantastic, and I've heard some very good things about the new Wonder Woman dvd, which also has a very promising Green Lantern preview on it. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers