Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Crazy Picture (And Some Other Stuff, Too) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:37 pm
@Ala you mean a masochist? I'm sure that's quite interesting and fun probably for both parties if done right

@Steph I don't think hitting in itself is abuse, however, I think violence should be the last step someone takes in a fight. I don't approve of violence but sometimes it needs to be done. That's why I try to be as nice as possible, I am NOT giving someone a good reason to punch me.
As for blu... yeah she does seem to think she knows too much for someone of such limited life experience. I think she needs to learn to look at those with more life experience and see what they say and what they've learned and go from there, NOT attack them. She may not have to agree but at least not sound like a b***h about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:37 pm
Oh my.... This thread seems to have been impregnated with interesting ideas by our wonderful ATGers.

I hope nothing bad hap-- *FALCON PUNCHES the thread*  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:46 pm
******** you, Jaft. Just saying.
Sanzo, I agree with you, again only to an extent. Violence is a part of nature, and certain instincts are intended to be obeyed through violence. I don't think it's justification to run around ******** people up, but you can't also expect a world of total pacifism. Nature requires some degree of natural selection. I can't really go any further with this topic without letting you know that I have a very harsh view of nature and that I may share an opinion that offends you or sounds like an attack. If you don't mind a discussion, I'd be happy to continue, but I didn't want you to think I'm taking it personally.
Re: Blu, I think you're right, but unless it becomes your mission to correct her, then her dumbness is solely her problem. I'll just add her to my ignores.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm
oh no I don't take it as a personal attack. I am personally a pacifist, I don't expect others to be though. Hell my boyfriend gets into fights ALL the freakin' time.. and wins them. Doesn't mean I like it or I completely approve but hey tis his life he can live it how he wants, I'll live mine as peaceful as possible. I see violence as a necessary evil at times. Sort of like I don't approve of war but there are circumstances where I think its necessary, for example WWII.
and for blu... I'll let her be unless she starts flaming people or causing a ruckus in which case warnings may occur... or banning  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:55 pm
I agree with your personal policy myself. I don't seek trouble, and I do my best to avoid violence.

That said, I've been backed into a corner and put in danger a few times, and in those situations I felt that I had no choice but to defend myself by putting my opponent down. And I ******** a girl up for messing with my sister, but I've never actually injured anyone. Generally, by the time I get mad enough to become violent, I've scared the other person off.

I'm loud. stare

Also, I just wanted to let you know, in case I came off as pissy. I believe in Darwinism to an extreme, and I've been told that I'm aggressive and intimidating when I get into discussions about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:56 pm
Oh what the heck?

I'm playing off the Surprise Abortion and Falcon Punch pictures. D8<

Also: It's very off topic in here.

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:58 pm
xd I actually am a lot scarier vocally than physically. I am a weakling and would get my a** kicked in a fight, but I talk REALLY big. That seems to make people back off. I... really don't know what I'd do if backed into a corner, not because I wouldn't fight back but because I think my attacking would be ineffective. And don't worry, you don't sound pissy to me.

edit: Jaft tis not off topic, its where the topic evolved to...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:58 pm
The conversation evolved Jaft.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:59 pm
I know, but the randomness doesn't bother me... Anyone else?

I was only joking, but you came in so late that it almost didn't fly. So I was like, say something, self. And I just watched SLC Punk, so everything's ******** right now.

EDIT:
Sanzo, I never thought I'd be effective, either. I'm not that tough, but apparently I'm scrappy. :shrug: Count yourself lucky if you never have to find out.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:07 pm
I really hope to never get in a fight. I mean I'm not going to hide behind someone to avoid a fight but at the same time I am so gonna try to talk my way out of it.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:10 pm
That's how I approach violence for myself. As long as others don't bring harm to me, I don't care.

Besides, animals in nature kill each other like it's nothing, because they have no choice. I don't mean that humans should practice this doctrine (though I do believe that technology and social development has separated humans from the animals we are meant to be,) I just mean that it is a valid option, if not the most agreeable one.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:10 pm
I'd hide...and walk away at a very brisk pace too...would run if I had the lungs for it...
Owwies are not my cup of tea. sad  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:11 pm
I would either be the cause of a fight or running for my life.
I dislike fighting, very much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:13 pm
I think humans are just like animals in that we are violent by nature but unlike animals we have the ability to rise above that. I think if violence can be avoided it should be but that if it has to be done, let it be done. Some things are just necessary.

@Ala they are not my cup of tea either... they hurts lots crying and I am a HUGE wimp  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:16 pm
I disagree there. Humans are animals to me. I see no distinction other than our technological/social "advances." We are afforded by these circumstances the opportunity to choose to avoid violence, but I still don't think there's any valid difference between humans and animals.

I'm kind of a wimp, but mostly a hypochondriac. So, if I know where a booboo came from and am treating it daily, then I don't mind. I only flip out when mysterious owwies appear, 'cause then I'm like, "OMG where'd that come from and how long's it been there? INFECTION!!!"  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff