E
  None of the above
View Results

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:43 pm
Perks...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:44 pm
Alarias
Alright...so, it can have some advantages. Though, from what I've seen...classrooms don't generally resemble a Van Halen music video so...yeah.

Then you need to sign up for the right classes  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:45 pm
Aw naw fool. I already lost some cool points by getting my diploma instead of a GED. No way I'm going to college and losing more. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:51 pm
VIDEO CLASS! Or...Info tech. See?  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:38 pm
I was absent almost all of last week so I didn't learn anything about the test tomorrow. I emailed the teacher asking me to be able to take it on Tuesday, but since it'll be a half day and then vacation she'll probably say no.

Do you think I'll:

A) be able to take it on Tuesday
B) Fail
C) Not fail technically but still epic fail (in the 70s)
D) Do decently (80s)
E) Do well (90s/100) but get minus cool points

?

My bet is on C. Sigh... darned teachers. Darned school that didn't acknowledge finals for outside classes. Blarh.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:41 pm
I went with E biggrin  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:42 pm
geez Turtle that major sucks... see this is why I really always hated high school. The American education system is highly flawed one of my favorite examples is the testing they do (in Cali its called STAR testing I don't know what its called in other states) and those schools who score highest get more funding and the schools with the lowest scores get funding cut. That doesn't make sense! Lower scoring schools need the funding more. But yeah that's one of my biggest gripes with american schooling.

Busy work annoyed me too. I just hated the high school experience over all.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:14 am
My school kept placing me in the advanced math courses each semester, despite the fact that I barely passed the regular math courses. confused I had to fight them to get it changed each time.

Their rationale was, "You have excellent grades in other courses. Like English. " rolleyes  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Identification Denied

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:15 am
Yeah, i've come across my own fair share of idiocy from teachers. What also irks me is the fact that i have three of my teachers getting to the classroom three to five minutes after the bell rang. Now normally i wouldn't care, but then on the rare occasion when they do get there on time and some student gets there after the bell they mark them tardy. Sad really when the whole class was a bit shocked the first time they were there on time. Hell first day of school they were late by five minutes and half the students already left thinking the teacher wasn't there.

Along with that another thing that irks me is that amount of pure trash and gum i'm finding everywhere i put my hand, i found a huge amount of gum on top of my desk several times, this just gets ridiculous along with the fact that the teacher then thinks I did it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 am
that does suck Turtle, I'm guessing A and D since they'd be failing you otherwise due to things out of your control

Hopefully you pass

I've had this done to me too, not on a final but a test.

For my driver's ed we had a handbook test that i missed a question on that cause me to have to take the test again after school. So I take the test after school and the next day i never get it back. I'm a bit confused so i asked my teacher about it and he goes and has the nerve to say "Oh, you were there yesterday?" Seriously? With like ten other people in there after school he thinks i wasn't there, then i find out he lost it and i have to take i over again. Harsh part was that it was finals in two days and the day after i took the test was my last chance to get my pink slip. Luckily i was able to pass, though he almost cost me a pink slip because of it.  

Identification Denied

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:46 pm
Well, thank god my teacher is letting me take it tomorrow. T^T But a grammar packet and a spanish test were still due today. Grammar packet: didn't finish. Spanish test: effectively failed (probably)

But those are really easy classes so I'm still happy. biggrin

Kind of irrelevant to the rest of this post but still relevant to this thread, this girl in my group who claimed that the stuff I did was actually hers (I was absent, she claimed I didn't do it so she did over the weekend, but it's mine, which I sent to her) isn't getting in any trouble. Kind of makes me want to punch her. I could rant about that too... but I have complained to so many of my friends already. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:58 pm
Um, no opinion...my A2 teacher refused to give me a make-up test except for afterschool ,but I can't come after school. Idiot teacher...she can't even spell right!  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:46 pm
Blu_the_werecat
Um, no opinion...my A2 teacher refused to give me a make-up test except for afterschool ,but I can't come after school. Idiot teacher
That's when the teacher has time. Deal with it.

Quote:
...she can't even spell right!
Neither can you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:00 pm
Well, I do feel kind of bad for teachers, especially when parents blame their kids' stupidity on them.

But there are still a lot of teachers that I truly believe shouldn't be able to be teachers. I mean honestly, you'd think the seven continents were basic stuff. (then again, there are claims you can be a vice president without knowing em, why not a teacher?)  

TurtIe Tracks

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:04 pm
I honestly think teachers get a bad break a lot of the time. I mean I'm sure there are some really crappy teachers out there, statistically it has to happen but I also think there are a lot of GOOD teachers who end up with shitty resources and they can't teach as well as they could, or can't pay enough attention to their students. That's why it pisses me off so much when they cut funding to schools, as if teachers didn't have it bad enough already  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff