Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
If you could know any piece of information Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Wait... what? Scientific debate tends to do WHAT to people Blu?

As for the issue of God, I think its one of those things that people already have their ideas most of the time and no amount of arguing or discussing is going to change it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:36 pm
Wow i didn't realise my comment on ufo's would be taken this far smile . Very interesting view on the little green guys. maybe i should start a topic on it  

palnoki

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:39 pm
xd What can I say Pal, I have an interesting combination of science and supernatural belief in my brain. No proof doesn't necessarily mean that things don't exist to me. I always think there are possibilities to EVERYTHING... well almost everything.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:09 pm
Erverain

That is answered quite easily. Think to the smallest particle you can imagine, back to the farthest reaches of space-time. Where did it come from? And where did those particles come from? And so on, and so on. No matter what you think, there are countless microcosms that we can't scientifically explain the creations of. It stands to reason, then, that some form of higher power (a god, or God, in this case) exists, and generated these particles.
A better question would be where did God come from? Is he the "unmoved mover" that philosophers have been hunting for? Or is/are he/she/it/they just one more stop on the chain.

So who created god? You don't apply your logic to god and that's why your idea has to be wrong. You cannot truly destroy or create anything, so everything has always existed. There was no creation with the beginning of time there was matter and energy. There is nothing before the start of time (the same way there is nothing farther south then the south pole). Your logic creates a being that acts outside of space/time or both (as if create everything then you were there when there was nothing and without space and time you cannot have action as their is no location for your actions to take place. If you act outside of time then you cannot have an action as there was no time slot for it to happen in)

This isn't the time to talk about the existence to gods (A. This is what is the most important question to ask!

Lotto numbers are pointless to ask for. If you want to make money as about investment tips, or better yet what the next big idea will be (like the car, computer, Fast food so on) they would give you a greater amount of money.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Identification Denied

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:35 am
Sounds interesting. I'd like to know how to unlokc all possibilities for the mind, you know like how we only use 10%, i want to know how to unlock the other 90.

As for the UFO thing and aliens, we can't really say we are the only ones in existence, that doesn't seem likely, so yeah aliens exist in my mind, even if we haven't seen them yet doesn't mean other life can't exist.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:32 am
Saverio C.
Erverain

That is answered quite easily. Think to the smallest particle you can imagine, back to the farthest reaches of space-time. Where did it come from? And where did those particles come from? And so on, and so on. No matter what you think, there are countless microcosms that we can't scientifically explain the creations of. It stands to reason, then, that some form of higher power (a god, or God, in this case) exists, and generated these particles.
A better question would be where did God come from? Is he the "unmoved mover" that philosophers have been hunting for? Or is/are he/she/it/they just one more stop on the chain.

So who created god? You don't apply your logic to god and that's why your idea has to be wrong. You cannot truly destroy or create anything, so everything has always existed. There was no creation with the beginning of time there was matter and energy. There is nothing before the start of time (the same way there is nothing farther south then the south pole). Your logic creates a being that acts outside of space/time or both (as if create everything then you were there when there was nothing and without space and time you cannot have action as their is no location for your actions to take place. If you act outside of time then you cannot have an action as there was no time slot for it to happen in)

This isn't the time to talk about the existence to gods (A. This is what is the most important question to ask!

Lotto numbers are pointless to ask for. If you want to make money as about investment tips, or better yet what the next big idea will be (like the car, computer, Fast food so on) they would give you a greater amount of money.

Saverio, I like you a lot, but please read a post of mine a few page sbnack. It gives an explanation that might very well make sense. As in- maybe God is energy? Get the picture?

@SAnzo- oh what a funny reaction! I have no clue...  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 am
Not to change the subject from such a riveting science debate, but how about the underwater coordinates to Atlantis? Or the whereabouts of Waldo and Carmen SanDiego? How about something important like that, eh?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:52 am
THey think Cuba is the ramins of Atlantis, because off its coasts are ruins underwater, an half of it is actually sunk, and Carmen's in Sandiego and Waldo's halfway to Egypt. rofl  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:29 pm
I don't think I agree with this "What if God is just energy?" thing...
God(s) is/are, from what I've gathered, supposed to be a higher being...hence the whole "intelligent" design theory/belief...thing. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:38 pm
Keep in mind that you only get to know ONE thing.

Although... you know... nevermind I change my answer. I'd want to know how to make a vaccine for AIDS. The problem is getting the money together to actually make it.  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:44 pm
Ohh that's a good one Omni...
Maybe you could just get a patent on it...then sell it for a butt load and help the world at the same time surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:47 pm
Don't you remember, omni? You cure AIDS with money. Injecting it directly into the bloodstream.

I'm positive.  

Sentama Lin

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:03 pm
Alarias
Ohh that's a good one Omni...
Maybe you could just get a patent on it...then sell it for a butt load and help the world at the same time surprised

I wouldn't trust the people who buy the parents. For 20 years after a product is released the patent owner has a virtual monopoly on their product meaning that third world countries, the ones who suffer most and have the least amount of resources to combat diseases, suffer greatly.

No, I would not want to sell my intellectual property.

Lin
Don't you remember, omni? You cure AIDS with money. Injecting it directly into the bloodstream.

I'm positive.

No.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:21 pm
vrgnBlu

Saverio, I like you a lot, but please read a post of mine a few page sbnack. It gives an explanation that might very well make sense. As in- maybe God is energy? Get the picture?

@SAnzo- oh what a funny reaction! I have no clue...

Gods would be living creatues of some kind. Energy doesn't have that quality. Energy doesn't have the ability to pick how it reacts, so it can't make choice, so it cannot be a god.

Even if it is a "god" there would be no point in believing in it as our ideas about it will not change anything about it.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:25 am
Energy cna react though, Sav. Light energy is actually something physical, believe it or not. Besides, if you think about it, it does react differently. And maybe it's jsut the darklight from dark matter......?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff