Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Will you teach your kids about sex? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

umi505

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:34 pm
@Chex: lol, thaaaanks, but I think I'll be ok.

@Sanzo: the more factual things are the less uncomfortable things seem, I agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:40 pm
Which is really all the sex talk is... talking about facts. Which is why I don't fully understand why parents would be uncomfortable teaching their kids about sex. It's not like your gonna teach your kids how to do it and what positions are best or how often you do it or anything like that.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:51 pm
That irritates me when people giggle about the facts.

This goes here and that goes there. It's that easy. Whne immature little snot nosed brats get together and see the visual that goes with it, they have to open their mouths and laugh about it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:54 pm
That's one of my biggest pet peeves. Immature people who can't discuss sex because "giggle giggle you said p***s" Yes I said p***s because that's what its called. I swear one of these days I'm gonna b***h slap someone  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:32 pm
Sanzoskitsune
Which is really all the sex talk is... talking about facts. Which is why I don't fully understand why parents would be uncomfortable teaching their kids about sex. It's not like your gonna teach your kids how to do it and what positions are best or how often you do it or anything like that.

Although... that's kind of a shame, really; not *encouraging* them to have sex, per se, but saying, "If you're going to do it, lube is good, condoms are good, and one partner standing on their head just isn't really comfortable"... rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:22 pm
aretoo
Sanzoskitsune

Although... that's kind of a shame, really; not *encouraging* them to have sex, per se, but saying, "If you're going to do it, lube is good, condoms are good, and one partner standing on their head just isn't really comfortable"... rofl
....thank you I now have a very disturbing image of my parents trying to have this conversation with me.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 am
Well, yeah, but some people need it spelled out to them that way Sanzo. Your powers of discernment are much stronger than the average twenty-something's. biggrin
Besides, who doesn't want the opportunity to say things like, "what if the p***s breaks off inside me?!" without any consequences? Just me? Oh, okay.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:49 am
*Notices Steph's mumble/small print and chokes on her breakfast.* Steph! eek Watch your mouth! xd  

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:47 pm
4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:55 pm
....its sad that stupidity is a good argument as to WHY parent's even might need the discussion on the mechanics of sex  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

TaeminsLips

Divine Nymph

11,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 pm
Ahhh..
The sex talk on Oprah I saw that and all I have to say was wow..
I'll be very truthfull about this..
When I caught that and when they pulled out the pictures of the v****a and p***s i had to laugh..
it was something i couldnt laugh at..
and im 16 O.o i should be mature enough to see that and not laug but something erged me to but anyways back to why im really here

Soo anyways..
haveing the talk wouldnt be something I couldnt do..
If my child (If i have any) in my future ever asked I would tell them..
but in my opinion it really all depends on the age...
but if u also think about it they will find out about it anyways soo it wouldnt really matter..
but in the age department at the youngest 9 but i would say a normal time should be around at least 12 or 13..
the age around that time im mentioning because of the incident in Europe with the 13 year old boy who thought got his 15 year old girlfriend pregnent..
but anyways that should be around the correct age..
anywhere between 9 or up basically should be an alright time to talk about it..

I never had the talk..
my mom always said something about haveing the talk but she knew somewhere that i really didnt need it..

the "haveing sex when your married" thing is kinda thrown out the window for me soo.
that really dosnt matter in my opinion..
I think the "haveing sex till your married" thing is only said because even those who arent religouse who say it get it from the christains/cathlics because thats something they do to prove they are willing to wait and to show "God" that they are his followers..
(If wondering why i put god in "" is because im an aeithiest so i dont really believe in god)

but other then that if i really did have children and they asked id tell them strait out basically..
i mean they will find out about it later in life so they might as well learn something from a little bit of the basics..
but only if they ask about it first..

now to those who arent sure..
if you want just tell them something on the lines of
"I'll tell you when I think you're ready"
and think of what you would say and tell them within the next few day to a month if needed..
it should help..

but yeah...
basically i would just be strait forward with it..
remember they will find it out later anyways so might as well..

<333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 pm
I gotta disagree with you on one thing NNValo, sometimes waiting until you get married has NOTHING to do with belief in God. I mean I do believe in God but I doubt He gives a crap when I do the dirty deed ( xd sorry had to put it like that for hilarity sake) I see sex as a very intimate act between two people. Waiting for me, and a lot of people I know, is about making sure that its with the right person. That the person you're having sex with is someone you have the deepest possible connection with. Yes, maybe marriage isn't the best way to do that but for some people it is. And that has nothing to do with God but with respect for myself and the person I have the relationship with.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 am
@ NNValo: Your name is really snazzy, just saying. You know, HIM is really awesome, come to think of it... I should add them on my playlist...

Well anyway, I don't believe in waiting until marriage, but it has nothing to do with religious people. I think marriage is unrealistic and unnatural. No mammal in nature requires that partners mate for life, in fact I think that is a purely avian trait (anyone know for sure?). Because of this, I believe that waiting to get married before having sex is stupid. People shouldn't be raised with the expectation that they should someday be married.

Not to mention that sex and love are two very different things, and even if you love someone, you still may not want to have sex with them. I have felt this way about someone before, and I never once associated my feelings for him with sex. :shrug: Maybe I'm just a weirdo.

@ Sanzo: I used to hope that grown-ups were exaggerating how ******** stupid people can be. Hope that was dashed, obviously.

@ Chex: Also, I really enjoy the prospect of saying profane things in front of my parents/other people in front of whom it would be wise to bite my tongue.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:57 pm
I say, let them figure it out on their own. I never got 'the talk', and if I didn't understand something I looked it up in the dictionary.

Unless the child in question is particularly dense, they'll get the idea.

They'll also pick up on the idea that if their peers are laughing at something they don't understand, it's better to look it up later than to ask out loud for an explaination. sweatdrop  

Catalog Cats

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:07 pm
Oh, forget keeping my mouth shut on asking questions about the body. I see it as a way of giving the chickens who are too afraid to ask a chance to know what whatever it is they're laughing about is.

I mean, for heaven's sake, I piped up in 5th grade when the nurses gave their little schpiel on discharge. I never knew what it was, but I knew that I was getting this weird white stuff on my underwear. All the girls laughed at me, saying that I was weird, but you know what? I found out that it was completely natural because all it was my area cleaning itself.

Lol, also, if I ever got married, I would totally let my husband have a mistress or whatever. I believe sex is important and dealing with a sexually frustrated person is a little scary. I would rather he gets his satisfaction from anyone and come home a decent a man.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff