Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Maybe I'm just growing old. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blah blah blah blah blah; blah blah?
  Blah blah!
  ni ni ni ni ni
  Why you filthy little
  Sweet and juicy, you're the best!
  Got any carrots, or apples? Anything to munch?
  Interior Crocodile Alligator, I drive a Chevorlet Movie Theatre
View Results

Dana Pixie Stix

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:23 am
I'm waiting for my xbox to die. It's on it's last leg.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:25 am
i think its cause people get there dream avi and are like finally and dont want to change again so they just get bored cause there is nothing to work for  

xXStr33tXx

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:34 am
Awiergan Retribution
angel_half82
Awiergan Retribution
angel_half82
jfm567
Well Trevor, I dont think I visited this site much at all in my first two semesters of college. (Although I was tearing up the RF:G forums)

I can see where your coming from though, this site was a very fun and enjoyable part of my young adulthood. Now I just look at it as, "There is people on here I know, lets talk to them." Everything has lost its luster!

Oh well, back to the Xbox.

At least your xbox hasn't red ringed...

I'm seriously thinking about doing that towel trick so I can play fable 2 until friday...

Also WHAT?!
They are remaking Neon Genesis Evangelion?!
OMFG!! When does it come out??

It's a series of four movies, called Rebuild of Evangelion. The first one is already out, and the second comes out this summer.

Frikkin sweet man.

By any chance have you heard if the towel thing actually DOES work on a XBOX360??

My hypothesis for why it works:
The three red rings of death is caused by the solder cracking when it gets hot, which severs connections on the motherboard. By using the towel; you're deliberately getting the XBOX even hotter, hoping to melt the solder and refuse it back into place. It's a risk; I suggest just sending the XBOX back to Microsoft.

I personally don't know; I have the October 08 updated xbox, and they supposedly are much less likely to mess up.

XBOX won't take it back because it is from 2005. I consider myself lucky it has worked this long. I think I might get a refurb from gamestop this weekend. They buy back XBOX360s for 40 bucks and send them back to XBOX.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:48 am
angel_half82
Awiergan Retribution
angel_half82
Awiergan Retribution
angel_half82
jfm567
Well Trevor, I dont think I visited this site much at all in my first two semesters of college. (Although I was tearing up the RF:G forums)

I can see where your coming from though, this site was a very fun and enjoyable part of my young adulthood. Now I just look at it as, "There is people on here I know, lets talk to them." Everything has lost its luster!

Oh well, back to the Xbox.

At least your xbox hasn't red ringed...

I'm seriously thinking about doing that towel trick so I can play fable 2 until friday...

Also WHAT?!
They are remaking Neon Genesis Evangelion?!
OMFG!! When does it come out??

It's a series of four movies, called Rebuild of Evangelion. The first one is already out, and the second comes out this summer.

Frikkin sweet man.

By any chance have you heard if the towel thing actually DOES work on a XBOX360??

My hypothesis for why it works:
The three red rings of death is caused by the solder cracking when it gets hot, which severs connections on the motherboard. By using the towel; you're deliberately getting the XBOX even hotter, hoping to melt the solder and refuse it back into place. It's a risk; I suggest just sending the XBOX back to Microsoft.

I personally don't know; I have the October 08 updated xbox, and they supposedly are much less likely to mess up.

XBOX won't take it back because it is from 2005. I consider myself lucky it has worked this long. I think I might get a refurb from gamestop this weekend. They buy back XBOX360s for 40 bucks and send them back to XBOX.

If you buy a used one make sure it has an HDMI on it, else it means its an older POS model and will die on you.  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:58 am
HDMI? Please elaborate.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 pm
angel_half82
HDMI? Please elaborate.

HDMI is a type of cable that allows for the use of 1080p high definition. Microsoft started building all the newer "models" of 360's with the ability to use HDMI, before it was only Elites. The newer models have a much lower defect rate. So even if you don't use HDMI cables, get a 360 that can, cuz its more likely that it won't break on you. And don't worry, its the same price as the other 360's. I bought one and it hasn't broken on me yet. I bought one before that didn't have it and it broke after 3 months, had that replaced with the same type and it wouldn't even turn on. D:  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:20 pm
TheBlueWarrior
angel_half82
HDMI? Please elaborate.

HDMI is a type of cable that allows for the use of 1080p high definition. Microsoft started building all the newer "models" of 360's with the ability to use HDMI, before it was only Elites. The newer models have a much lower defect rate. So even if you don't use HDMI cables, get a 360 that can, cuz its more likely that it won't break on you. And don't worry, its the same price as the other 360's. I bought one and it hasn't broken on me yet. I bought one before that didn't have it and it broke after 3 months, had that replaced with the same type and it wouldn't even turn on. D:

Even if it was factory refurbished??  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:26 pm
angel_half82
TheBlueWarrior
angel_half82
HDMI? Please elaborate.

Even if it was factory refurbished??

Dude, get "used" Stay the hell away from refurbished systems. The second one I got was refurbished, didn't even turn on. I've seen so many refurbished systems come back its not even funny. I doubt they really fix anything out there these days. -_-  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:15 pm
@Angel: What blue means to say is buy your used system with the Jasper chipset revision, this revision was made for 360's dating September 07' onward. The revision added an HDMI (High definition multimedia interface) port to the 360. (the picture is awesome)

I bought my 360 in December of 2007, and it has never had any problems. Even when it was dropped from 5 feet in the air. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:44 pm
Yeah, "dropped".  

Dana Pixie Stix

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:15 pm
Dana Pixie Stix
Yeah, "dropped".

Fine, fine. "gently released" from 5 feet in the air. razz  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:03 pm
ello new guildy members biggrin  

ll Rawr Asian ll

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:46 pm
I've also been really BORED with gaia. The biggest appeal was changing my avatar and browsing different threads, but now I hardly even bother with either. I've been logging on just to check up here and see if anything new has popped up in the announcements. Meh. >_> Maybe it's just a phase, maybe I'll be excited about gaia again at some point.

Ugh The anime forum threads: BLEACH, NARUTO, BLEACH, NARUTO VS. BLEACH!!!! gonk burning_eyes Now I like both of these, but it's just tiring discussing who Sakura is going to be fawning over in ten separate threads.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 pm
I don't really like bleach.... I can't get into it and I noticed that red hair girl in it. Her boobs keep changing sizes..... >.>

I prefer watching animes that aren't from cartoon network...they always butcher the hell out of animes. The great example Sailor Moon.... >.>  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:34 am
MMM- I found a favorite horror anime thread, it is my new list to see, the thread creator had already seen HNK.

Moo- Naruto doesn't say 'Believe it!' in the subbed. I find this funny. He does say the hokage shpeal a lot though, but doesn't that happen in the dubbed? Yes... I'm watching it, I'm trying to figure out why so many people like it so freaking much. So far I've found a few bad-guy-wins-then-does-something-dumb- and-good-guy-wins-but-still-only-by-a-small-margin. I also have two funny images. BTW, I'm on episode 100 something and have yet to read 'believe it'.
No I did not change the text on this one. [x]
I thought this was funny because of all the times I've read that Naruto is dumbed down for kiddies. [x]  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff