Spread the message!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:47 pm
Party lover, she's not arguing about anything, it's just an explanation of the what the ignore function does.

You see, when you use the ignore function on someone several things happen:

-You stop seeing the person's posts throughout the entirety of Gaia.

-He/she can't post on your profile.

-He/she is taken off the friend's list.

However, that person can still:

-Post in your thread.

And no one but moderators and yourself can alter the posts you make. Threads are the things that contain people's posts.

@Sanzo: They say that about racism? o.o  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:47 pm
Sanzoskitsune
party-lover01
Sanzoskitsune
party-lover01
Sanzoskitsune
Well no one, except a mod, crew or yourself, can post on your own post so I don't see what announcing that achieves.

what are u saying
u keep asking and i keep replying!!
That wasn't really a question, more an observation. Unless I'm wrong in what I gathered, but I was observing that you kind of pointed out the obvious, she can not change your post.

no she cant reply like what we are doing and if ur going to argue about someone leaving and not about the topic then why are you still here??
You do not have the power to stop her from replying, I've said that time and time again. Just like you do not have the power to kick me out. And might I add, I am actually having a discussion with Jaft while you're acting like you have the power to do something that you DON'T.

yeah fighting with me is talkin bout racism, and sexism  

Nikki_Jaq

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:49 pm
Calm down, calm down. Read my previous post.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:49 pm
@Jaft you'd be surprised. I've heard that come out of quite a few people's mouths. It's... kind of disturbing to hear.

@Party I am not fighting with you, I am trying to clarify the difference between what you think you can do and what you CAN'T do. And I'm not talking with you about that I'm talking with Jaft, you can tell the difference can't you?  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 pm
Sanzoskitsune
@Jaft you'd be surprised. I've heard that come out of quite a few people's mouths. It's... kind of disturbing to hear.

Aha... AHAHAHA.... No way! Maybe as a joke. Oh man, that's ludicrous.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:54 pm
I think racism is more or less one bigass joke nowadays >.>(too lazy to explain why....oh yes and HAI GAIZ!)  

Blackie the Cow

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:56 pm
Maybe with Chris Rock's stand up comedy. Amirite?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:56 pm
Jaft
Sanzoskitsune

Aha... AHAHAHA.... No way! Maybe as a joke. Oh man, that's ludicrous.
They're actually completely serious. I think its because they come from a rather sheltered background. These are usually people who have never seen blatant acts of racism. And because of that they don't understand the kind of racism that is in the system.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:58 pm
Probably because of pricks like this, Jaft, are what make racism a joke.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:58 pm
I don't even remember the subtle ones... Too subtle. There's always the interesting number of police cars pulling over a black suspect for the broken tail light.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:01 am
My favorite personal example... having a woman at the checkout counter insist on talking to my mother in spanish despite her talking in English and refusing to acknowledge the fact that she could speak English.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 am
Sanzoskitsune
My favorite personal example... having a woman at the checkout counter insist on talking to my mother in spanish despite her talking in English and refusing to acknowledge the fact that she could speak English.

They do that in Japan. Wahahaha.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

124-C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:07 am
Sanzoskitsune

That's not necessarily racist. She may have been learning to speak Spanish and was trying to seize an opportunity to practice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:07 am
124-C
Sanzoskitsune

That's not necessarily racist. She may have been learning to speak Spanish and was trying to seize an opportunity to practice.

That would be incredibly unfortunate.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 am
124-C
Sanzoskitsune

Ignoring my mother and using a simple sentence of "no mas this thing there is no mas" sounds pretty freakin' racist to me.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff