Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
it pisses me off when people joke about abortions. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 pm
Nancy_KisaChan
Abortions are one of the worst things in this world!!!
even for stem cell research.. I really do not agree with that either.
I have a lil baby brother, and he is the most gorgeous thing I have seen!
I shall never ever abort.
Every life is precious and we need to protect everyones life.
And agree it is not funny about making jokes like that, ever child has a right to live. and it is unfair to make that decious.
In effect it is a though the mother is becoming like God, deciding whether her baby lives or dies.
Just no.
sad

While I agree that it is wrong to have an abortion, and that it is, in effect, murdering a person that cannot defend themselves, I don't agree that it should be illegal. Every case is different, but, as said earlier, if you were raped then there should be room to make a choice. I wouldn't want to force someone to live with somebody else's child, and sometimes giving birth would present complications for the mother, so maybe an abortion would be the most safe choice to make. Still an awful option to even consider, but so would having to risk serious injury in labor from somebody else's wrong. I also don't agree with the 'becoming like God'. Yes god has power to choose whether we draw our next breath, but a mother deciding to abort an unwanted pregnancy is not like God at all. Sending someone to war to kill other people doesn't mean we wind up with 40,000 soldiers becoming like God....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:57 am
Kyramud
Nancy_KisaChan
Abortions are one of the worst things in this world!!!
even for stem cell research.. I really do not agree with that either.
I have a lil baby brother, and he is the most gorgeous thing I have seen!
I shall never ever abort.
Every life is precious and we need to protect everyones life.
And agree it is not funny about making jokes like that, ever child has a right to live. and it is unfair to make that decious.
In effect it is a though the mother is becoming like God, deciding whether her baby lives or dies.
Just no.
sad

While I agree that it is wrong to have an abortion, and that it is, in effect, murdering a person that cannot defend themselves, I don't agree that it should be illegal. Every case is different, but, as said earlier, if you were raped then there should be room to make a choice. I wouldn't want to force someone to live with somebody else's child, and sometimes giving birth would present complications for the mother, so maybe an abortion would be the most safe choice to make. Still an awful option to even consider, but so would having to risk serious injury in labor from somebody else's wrong. I also don't agree with the 'becoming like God'. Yes god has power to choose whether we draw our next breath, but a mother deciding to abort an unwanted pregnancy is not like God at all. Sending someone to war to kill other people doesn't mean we wind up with 40,000 soldiers becoming like God....

You wouldn't be forcing. The birth mother would give up the child then another couple who WANTS that child will take the child with them home. If they ask nicely (the birth mom) she could vist the family. And the child.  

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:52 am
I have a friend that is paralyized. He said one day that he would rather keep his morals and faith in God than be able to walk if it took the life of a baby to make it happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm
Stem Cell Research isn't even an issue because the scientists don't even need new stem cells for their research because they have plenty of samples on hand to work with for years to come and they NOW can convert adult stem cells to embryonic cells and also use cells from umbilical chords.  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:07 pm
I have no real feelings towards abortions. I kinda think that God doesn't put the soul into the baby's body until it is out of the mother...when it takes its first breath of air.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:25 pm
Royal Crayon
I have no real feelings towards abortions. I kinda think that God doesn't put the soul into the baby's body until it is out of the mother...when it takes its first breath of air.

There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

What about the fact that the child has a heart beat, and is actually breathing while still in the womb? It's a living child inside your body, as it says in one of the banners for this forum: It's it not a baby you're not pregnant.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 pm
Royal Crayon

This is what the Bible says about conception...this is what God says about conception and birth...

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.

Isaiah 49:1
Yahweh [God] called me when I was in the womb, before my birth He had pronounced my name.

Galatians 1:15
But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessings), saw fit and was pleased...

Psalms 139:13-16
For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

God sees us a complete beings while still in the womb...we have souls in the womb. Babies that die in the womb ...those souls go to heaven to be with Him. Make no mistake about it! THEY HAVE SOULS IN THE WOMB!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Oh okay sweatdrop I mean, I don't want to get yelled at for what I believed.

But Thimbalina makes a good point. The verses are really good thanks! :3 heart  

Royal Crayon

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:47 pm
Royal Crayon
Oh okay sweatdrop I mean, I don't want to get yelled at for what I believed.

But Thimbalina makes a good point. The verses are really good thanks! :3 heart

no body yelled at you. But it was more about questioning what you said.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:58 pm
Sorry if I seemed like I was yelling...
I really wasn't, I think I just got a bit over excited. xp  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:50 am
It was helpful what you guys said though :3
It made my views change. so thats good! biggrin
Thanks~  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 am
Royal Crayon
Thanks~

That is so great! We all learn and grow in God's word. He is so wonderful! heart Hugs!  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm
Thimbalina
Royal Crayon
Thanks~

That is so great! We all learn and grow in God's word. He is so wonderful! heart Hugs!

Yup yup! Besides, I shouldn't worry about this stuff because I don't plan on having sex till after Im married...but then I don't plan on marrying so no sex XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Angel of Epic
Quote:
O.O ARE YOU JOKING?!

Dude. It makes the girls want to kill themselfs for doing it. Because they see its not just a blob. Its a baby. Abortions are NEVER good. 'Good cause' or not. There is not a 'good cause' to kill a little human being. Killing is killing. They just suger coat it. Make it sound as if it doesn't hurt (when it does) and its the BEST thing. If you can't keep the baby then have it and make sure the child goes to a couple who maybe can't have kids because well they can't. No killing the child. And there is NO 'good cause'.

I heard that the abortion makes the girls who have it well lets see want to kill themselfs, do drugs, hurt themselfs (like cutting) and so on. Dude...I can't belive you said that...i'm sorry but there is no good cause for killing a un-born human being.

This. Best post on the thread.

Oh please.
I had an abortion when I was a teenager and I'm fine.
I didn't try to kill myself or hurt myself, and I didn't do drugs because of it.

X_astri_X_kyrstantin_X
neutral ...I wouldn't want to subject a rape/incest victim to either birthing a child who will be rejected, or a dangerous termination involving a coat hanger and a kitchen table.
Just saying.

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am
colon bracket
Angel of Epic
Quote:
O.O ARE YOU JOKING?!

Dude. It makes the girls want to kill themselfs for doing it. Because they see its not just a blob. Its a baby. Abortions are NEVER good. 'Good cause' or not. There is not a 'good cause' to kill a little human being. Killing is killing. They just suger coat it. Make it sound as if it doesn't hurt (when it does) and its the BEST thing. If you can't keep the baby then have it and make sure the child goes to a couple who maybe can't have kids because well they can't. No killing the child. And there is NO 'good cause'.

I heard that the abortion makes the girls who have it well lets see want to kill themselfs, do drugs, hurt themselfs (like cutting) and so on. Dude...I can't belive you said that...i'm sorry but there is no good cause for killing a un-born human being.

This. Best post on the thread.

Oh please.
I had an abortion when I was a teenager and I'm fine.
I didn't try to kill myself or hurt myself, and I didn't do drugs because of it.

X_astri_X_kyrstantin_X
neutral ...I wouldn't want to subject a rape/incest victim to either birthing a child who will be rejected, or a dangerous termination involving a coat hanger and a kitchen table.
Just saying.

So it doesn't bother you at all that you killed an innocent person for your own selfish reasons?

And the last part... there is such a thing as adoption no matter how you got pregnant. People are willing to take care of the child and there are even couples who are willing to take children with disabilities like down syndrome and autism.

Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces