mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 am
Personally I'd like to see more than one skinwalker captured biggrin Cursed walkers are less likely to SURVIVE the long term of being captured compared to a purewalker since they're not 'as useful' to the Northspring harpies, but for entertainment purposes, training purposes, and as a method of executing prisoners, they could keep them in inward arching pens and still bring them in alive and keep them captive as a sign of their power.

Goodness knows my girl Bloodclaw would commission a 'zoo' of Gladiators to connect to the 'Bloodslash arena' (or "The Pit" as she lovingly calls it) and for training purposes of other Walkerwards. Failed and successful capture roleplays would certainly be entertaining, as would being one of the caretakers of it since then a skinwalker and a non-skinwalker can have snarly hate rp and play with each others heads without either of them being physically in danger at the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 pm
mindsend
Personally I'd like to see more than one skinwalker captured biggrin Cursed walkers are less likely to SURVIVE the long term of being captured compared to a purewalker since they're not 'as useful' to the Northspring harpies, but for entertainment purposes, training purposes, and as a method of executing prisoners, they could keep them in inward arching pens and still bring them in alive and keep them captive as a sign of their power.

Goodness knows my girl Bloodclaw would commission a 'zoo' of Gladiators to connect to the 'Bloodslash arena' (or "The Pit" as she lovingly calls it) and for training purposes of other Walkerwards. Failed and successful capture roleplays would certainly be entertaining, as would being one of the caretakers of it since then a skinwalker and a non-skinwalker can have snarly hate rp and play with each others heads without either of them being physically in danger at the time.

I'd be up for this! biggrin  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 am
Mind and I have been brewing up possible backstory ideas.

Post feedback or read about it here!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:00 pm
I hope nobody minds, I got sort of absentminded and just went and did it, but I replaced the old image of the WoW Harpy lineart with something a bit more reflective of the Herd itself o3o

User Image

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 am
That looks wicked cool. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:10 am
NICE work mind!  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 am
mindsend

If I get a walker or a breed mixed with walker I will be all over this.
It would be kind of a cool concept to actually have a pure walker/harpy hybrid who starts off in the zoo because of her heritage and earns her place within the talons.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 pm
AllSummedUpNJazz

It would be kind of a cool concept to actually have a pure walker/harpy hybrid who starts off in the zoo because of her heritage and earns her place within the talons.

That is an interesting idea, however walker's cannot hybrid. A breeding with a purewalker has about a 90% chance of the non-walker's breed, 5% chance of animalistic traits from them (If the walker is a cat, cat feet/tails etc, if a bird could have the wings of the walker parent etc) but not get the purewalker personality (So would be counted as a full member from the get go I would think), and a 5% chance of producing a Pure. And if it was just a curse walker it couldnt be an actual member (and hippogryphs cant be cursed)

But if you got a purewalker they'd be more than welcome to be part of the arena 'zoo' and then any of their kids if they're megamutants or Non-walkers would be considered part of the herd and any pure offspring would be included into the Zoo (or if you got a non-walker offspring of a walker at any point regardless of breed).. Or if the zoo is too crowded/at risk of inbreeding, they might set traps for others with the young walkers in them to kill and eat whomever falls in/eventually escape.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 pm
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz

That is an interesting idea, however walker's cannot hybrid. A breeding with a purewalker has about a 90% chance of the non-walker's breed, 5% chance of animalistic traits from them (If the walker is a cat, cat feet/tails etc, if a bird could have the wings of the walker parent etc) but not get the purewalker personality (So would be counted as a full member from the get go I would think), and a 5% chance of producing a Pure. And if it was just a curse walker it couldnt be an actual member (and hippogryphs cant be cursed)

But if you got a purewalker they'd be more than welcome to be part of the arena 'zoo' and then any of their kids if they're megamutants or Non-walkers would be considered part of the herd and any pure offspring would be included into the Zoo (or if you got a non-walker offspring of a walker at any point regardless of breed).. Or if the zoo is too crowded/at risk of inbreeding, they might set traps for others with the young walkers in them to kill and eat whomever falls in/eventually escape.

I was just imagining if it did manage to get animalistic traits that it would be regarded with suspicion.
Unless soq know those facts and statistics in cannon. It's conceivable at least to me that perhaps with walker traits the herd might go. "Uhhhhh we don't know about you you might take more after your father sooo you stay in a cage until we know for sure."

Or maybe I'm just putting my cautionary nature into soq to much.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 pm
AllSummedUpNJazz
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz

I was just imagining if it did manage to get animalistic traits that it would be regarded with suspicion.
Unless soq know those facts and statistics in cannon. It's conceivable at least to me that perhaps with walker traits the herd might go. "Uhhhhh we don't know about you you might take more after your father sooo you stay in a cage until we know for sure."

I suppose it depends on the herd/individual: the hatetalons WANT purewalker 'strength and ferocity' and have apparently been, as a culture, breeding with/observing walker breedings for a while and likely have a decent idea of how it works due to experience with the subject other herds and cultures might not know due to the avoidance of them rather than the study of them in a captive setting.

They're sort of like scientists.. Very... Aggressive, might is right, "Don't do things to be evil but do them because they think it is in their right and their duty to do so that end up hurting a lot of people outside their own community and sometimes causing a lot of infighting and aggression within the group if you dont agree with our methods or even if you do we may very well kill you because its what we do" Scientists.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:28 pm
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz

I suppose it depends on the herd/individual: the hatetalons WANT purewalker 'strength and ferocity' and have apparently been, as a culture, breeding with/observing walker breedings for a while and likely have a decent idea of how it works due to experience with the subject other herds and cultures might not know due to the avoidance of them rather than the study of them in a captive setting.

They're sort of like scientists.. Very... Aggressive, might is right, "Don't do things to be evil but do them because they think it is in their right and their duty to do so that end up hurting a lot of people outside their own community and sometimes causing a lot of infighting and aggression within the group if you dont agree with our methods or even if you do we may very well kill you because its what we do" Scientists.

Ah okay I just didn't know they knew that stuff. I understand now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:36 am
AllSummedUpNJazz
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz

It'd still be pretty neat though: Perhaps it could be an aggressive mare that wears a hooded outfit that gets mistaken for a walker. So when she loses the skin they'd be... Confused and cautious at first since walkers cant remove their skins and yet 'this one' did. Then eventually things would make more sense because. "....oh wait, she's not a walker she's just aggressive." and then she would be kept in the zoo as an outsider who attacked them but could work to eventually join them as a sister-in-arms.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:11 am
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz
mindsend
AllSummedUpNJazz

It'd still be pretty neat though: Perhaps it could be an aggressive mare that wears a hooded outfit that gets mistaken for a walker. So when she loses the skin they'd be... Confused and cautious at first since walkers cant remove their skins and yet 'this one' did. Then eventually things would make more sense because. "....oh wait, she's not a walker she's just aggressive." and then she would be kept in the zoo as an outsider who attacked them but could work to eventually join them as a sister-in-arms.

Yes that all of that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:26 am
Lunadriel
AllSummedUpNJazz
I'd love to rp her being discovered. Maybe while she's inspecting an animals insides. XD

How did I miss this. Yes please lets do this.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:41 pm
AllSummedUpNJazz
Lunadriel
AllSummedUpNJazz
I'd love to rp her being discovered. Maybe while she's inspecting an animals insides. XD

How did I miss this. Yes please lets do this.
Excellent! Want to start it up and shoot me a pm with the link? =)  
Herds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff