Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
We shouldn't persecute Christians of different denominations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 am
^Wise words. . .  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:21 pm
Azkeel
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I personally don't really know the difference in all of the many denominations, and really I didn't think that it did matter as long as you are serving God.

If you are saved then your are saved aren't you? I think that people will believe what they are taught and well no matter of persuasions will change it, some people are just set in their ways.

Anyway doesn't the Bible say that if you believe and you serve him or something like that he will spare you from the fire?

User Image
Well we have to define what belive is. Remember Satan belives in the Father and Messiah as well.

James 2:19

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder.

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I personally don't really know the difference in all of the many denominations, and really I didn't think that it did matter as long as you are serving God.

If you are saved then your are saved aren't you? I think that people will believe what they are taught and well no matter of persuasions will change it, some people are just set in their ways.

Anyway doesn't the Bible say that if you believe and you serve him or something like that he will spare you from the fire?

User Image

In reference to your first comment, it does matter. Some people believe that it is by works that we can save ourselves and get into the Kingdom of Heaven. This is wrong, as the Bible teaches.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and not this from yoursleves, it is the gift of God - not by works so that no man can boast.

In reference to...your last 2 comments, I think.

If you're saved than you're saved, yes. But not everyone believes what is necessary. Some believe that there is a God, but they don't believe Jesus is God. These peoples do not get into the Kingdom of Heaven either. The Bible teaches us this (though it would make since. It's like believing God is God yet not believing God is God at the same time).

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You must also take into consideration if someone is really saved. Romans 10:9-10 tells us how to get saved. If we don't follow it, no getting saved. And still, from the I Corinthians passage, we need to be united. Denominations add division, not unity. But I have Catholic and Protestant friends and don't bother them about it. I'm just not sure that the whole denomination thing is vaild.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff