Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
She keeps bugging me... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zamandius

Swashbuckling Nerd

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:03 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

But having piercings isn't wrong.

Oh and she ate a pork chop today so I guess i should go tell her that it's a sin to eat pork. =/

User Image

i dunno if anybody's mentioned this already but, "...Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (in saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")" Mark 7:18-19 (NIV) there's more if you care to read the rest of Mark 7

but anyway, telling your Grandma she sinned 'cause she ate would be lying which is a sin...'cause according to Mark, all foods are clean (though there ARE some we shouldn't eat)

i'm not gonna say anything either way about the piercings (or tattoos, even though you don't have any), personally i'm not gonna get a piercing or anything like that but that's just me.

in my opinion, it's between you and God, if He says it's ok for you then it is, if He says it's not then, as your brother in Christ, i'd have to suggest that you remove them. simple as that smile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 pm
User Image

I have been praying about it.

God has basically told me to quit acting and dressing like trash.
Like my purse had the Playboy logo on it, he told me to get rid of it. (I did)
He also wants me to tone down on the piercings, as in I shouldn't get anymore. And I should get rid of a few. (currently working on it)

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zamandius

Swashbuckling Nerd

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:27 am
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

He also wants me to tone down on the piercings, as in I shouldn't get anymore. And I should get rid of a few. (currently working on it)

User Image

hey! this is kinda random and probably not really my business but, i was wondering how your relationship with your grandma's been since you posted on this topic last, and how taking some of your piercings off has gone so far  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:42 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

Also I think it's kinda stupid that y'all are saying that I'm choosing flesh over the spirit.

If this was the case then God would say that we shouldn't have any possessions whatsoever.

Granted we should be willing, but that doesn't mean that we have to actually give them up.

And if God is ok with piercings then how is that a sin?
If anything my grandma being judgmental is a sin. =/

User Image

I don't think the bible goes against piercings but I think too many is not right as well where you place it(it would depend). Vanity is vain and I don't think God like vanity which women who wear things to attract attention to their body instead of their face are conceited and immoral.
check out these videos on women they sure helped me when I was converted smile

Paul washer on the virtuous woman

Ladies, does how you dress cause men to lust?  

starry night-163

Official Sasuke Uchiha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:19 am
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

Then if it sends me to Hell so be it.

User Image

We've been saved by grace and forgiven by God. Blashpemy against Holy Spirit is unforgivable, but things like making others fall are sins that can be forgiven. I'm just saying be careful because you may be making someone fall. And if you are making someone fall then it is a sin. The piercing part isn't a sin, the making others fall is a sin. Simple as that.

It is a sin to have an opinion in other words.

Because an opinion can be offensive and cause people to be judgmental.

By that logic everything, EVER is a sin.

-_-  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:48 am
Official Sasuke Uchiha
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

Then if it sends me to Hell so be it.

User Image

We've been saved by grace and forgiven by God. Blashpemy against Holy Spirit is unforgivable, but things like making others fall are sins that can be forgiven. I'm just saying be careful because you may be making someone fall. And if you are making someone fall then it is a sin. The piercing part isn't a sin, the making others fall is a sin. Simple as that.

It is a sin to have an opinion in other words.

Because an opinion can be offensive and cause people to be judgmental.

By that logic everything, EVER is a sin.

-_-

I never said that. Don't be so ignorant and rash in your statements. It is in Corinthians somewhere that says that if you make someone fall with what you do, even if it is not a sin, it's sinning. And don't you remember Jesus saying "If anyone causes one of these little ones to fall, it would be better for him to have a millstone tied around his neck and to have him cast into the sea?" If what you do isn't a sin, it's fine. BUT if you do what is not a sin infront of another person, and they think it's wrong and therefore fall because of that non-sin you did, your making them fall is the sin. Got it? Be careful with your replies. For you may not only attract fire, but be wrong as well. Making you look even worse. Proverbs 12:1 - "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid." Don't be the stupid one in that verse.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

User Image
That's great. I'm glad you're listening to the Lord.

I've taken out my lips piercings as I've said a while back in this thread and it's been great. I've not missed them at all like I thought I would. I feel more free without those things as well.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff