Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice ~ Open! [Feb-April 2024] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 259 260 261 262 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:11 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Pumped
What I am doing: Focusing myself
What I want to be doing: Soaring through the air on a broomstick

Jayden trodded onto the Pitch, ready as ever to try to take the one Chaser spot by storm. He felt comfortable on that pitch, knowing that he was brought up to feel this way. All his brother Josh, international superstar Quidditch player for England, led up to this point. It was now or never, and he definitely needed this, for he probably wouldn't have another chance to make the team until he was a third year. He couldn't possibly wait that long; so he would have to beat out everyone, including the older years. He needed to perform under pressure, and this tryout was the perfect test. He walked up to the sixth year Tyler Dean, whom was the captain and seeker of Gryffindor. He was going to introduce himself with a confidence that would be almost lovable.

"Hello Mr. Dean, I am Jayden Cloud, first year Gryffindor," he told the sixth year, shaking his hand and showing his utmost respect to his superiors. He really hoped he would make the team, but he wasn't too sure, for they always look for the older students. Although, as first year, his brother Devin beat out an older student. So, to be accepted, he was going to have to work twice as hard as anyone there. He was going to have to put out one-hundred fifty percent everytime he gets the chance. He made sure he was focused for the task at hand, knowing that if he did not achieve his goal, he would be a failure. To himself, to Devin, to his whole family. He was going to make his parents proud to have him as a son. He just had to.

He looked over and saw Evando, who had gotten here just a little bit before him. He had no idea how good the kid really way, but he was not prepared to take it easy on the boy. He did not doubt that he may have been good, but he wasn't prepared to lay down and let the boy win. The boy was a friend of his, but when on the Pitch, competing for jobs, no one is friends. He always kept this serious mentality about competition. But he did not prepare to be a sore loser either. But he did not like to think about what would happen to him if he lost.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Firebolt 2 in hand, Colton swept onto the quidditch pitch, a revitalizing feeling coursing through his veins. His thoughts and behavior had already been renewed with the re-connection of he and his friends, but another year of flying, competition, and hopefully success only bettered the boy's mood.

He approached the team captain with a smile, optimism radiating from every inch of his body.
"Hey, Tyler. Long time, no see. Excited to decide the fate of this year's roster?" He asked casually, glancing around at the surrounding students, all seemingly trying out for the only open chaser position.

Suddenly, his eyes of gray realized who it was he was standing next to, and they darkened substantially, a frown touching his lips for an inconceivable fraction of a second. Vigorously building his smile back up, he threw an encouraging arm around Jayden's shoulder.
"I hear Jayden here wouldn't be a bad candidate. Coming from a family of quidditch players, he's bound to have talent pumping through his blood." Though his words were thick with truth, Colton knew what his real goal was, and it didn't involve helping Jayden make the quidditch team. Instead, he sought protection for his younger sister - protection only he himself could supply.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Why she was doing this the young blond wasn't entirely sure. Charon didn't like the concept of her playing Quidditch but he simple worried about her getting hurt. That was just a part of life though wasn't it? If she didn't get injured she wasn't living properly. Daisy liked to fly actually she loved it. Without her brother's knowledge she often found secluded spots and borrowed a broom to practice on. Sadly though she didn't have a broom of her own. The small blond had talked to Soren, her brother's boyfriend, about joining Quidditch and was supporting her on this. He had told her if she succeeded in joining to come to the shop and they'd go broom shopping. An easy feat now that she was a third year and could go to Hogsmead.

Refusing to let her nerves get to her she walked as calmly out onto the field as she could. Her growing hair was braided and pinned back to keep it out of her face and her normal school uniform was replaced by simple jeans and an old long sleeved sweater. She could do this, she just had to keep focused. Gently she reached down to where her bag opened and pet the tiny head poking form it. Spade went with her everywhere and here was no exception. Some people had lucky rabbit's feet she had a lucky rabbit. As she got closer she spotted Colton, a fellow third year. That was right he was on the team. Oh that was going to make a wonderful impression she barely remembered who was on the team. Though that was probably her nerves pipping up.

Coming to a stop with the other two try outs she smiled lightly and did a little half bow. "I hope I'm not too late. My name's Daisy. Are tryouts going on still?" Daisy asked keeping her nerves form her voice. A slender hand gripped her bag's strap as she waited patiently. Please let tryouts not be over. Please, please, please! That would be so embarrassing to discover that they were already closed and she had showed up late. Sure wouldn't make a good impression for next years tryouts.

Lost in the flower field: Spade, Tyler, Colton, some first years
He loves me, he loves me not: A tad nervous
A flower crown upon my head:Charon is going to kill me

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:55 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Melancholy
What I am doing: Looking over competition
What I want to be doing: At home, playing my piano

Jayden had lost focus of everything for a brief moment there, that is, before a muscular arm decided to wrap itself around his shoulders. He looked up to see none other then Colton Raines, who was attempting to be nice to him. But...Jayden was skeptical about the whole idea of Colton being nice to him. It really confused him, even though the kid tried to be nice him once before. However, this time was different, like it was sort of forced out. It seemed to good to be true honestly. What are you playing at Colton?, he asked himself, truly wondering what it was the boy wanted from him. He knew that the boy wanted him away from Tristain, but Tristain wanted to be around Jayden. It wasn't his choice on who she hangs out with. Of course, he thoroughly enjoyed her company and she made him happy, but he wasn't controlling Tristain. Colton was acting as if Jayden has her brainwashed, lost completely, never to return, but that wasn't the case.

Why does he want to be nice to me all of a sudden? I tell him to get away from me and he all of a sudden decides to be friendly. This can't be real; I know it. One doesn't have a change of heart that quickly. This thought kept him skeptical of Colton's newfound kindness. This skepticism literally made him very uncomfortable while Colton's arm was around him. He wanted away. He wanted to be left alone. He wanted to be focused like he was before, but his mind was only on that one fact.

That's when Jayden looked over, only to see a blond third year take the Pitch. As soon as he saw the third year, his heart stopped. He would have virtually no chance of making this team while she was here, knowing that even though he has been flying since he was 9, he doesn't have a flying certificate. This didn't stop his brother, but it could stop him, speaking that there was only one spot even open. He would have to beat out a third year who probably thought that she was better than him in every aspect. His brother's legacy could not save him here. Times have changed and expectations have dropped. By the time this ended, he was probably not going to make the team, and he knew it. He soon had shown a very melancholy expression on his face, sorrow really enveloping his body. He would use this third year coming as a motivation, but he wouldn't be able to keep off the back of his mind the fact that he probably wouldn't make the team. He would have to wait for his third year to even try again. If this happens, he was probably going to give up on Quidditch, for his dream was shattered, broken by the constant ridicule he would get for not making the team from his brothers. Failure was not an option, but failure was inevitable. How could he face that? He decided that he would try his best and see where the tryout goes from there, hoping fate would choose him.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:32 pm
User Image

Amelia walked on to the towards the practice caring her new broom that her mother had sent her. She was excited for Quidditch season to be beginning. Quidditch was the greatest. She smiled at the other lions of her house. She recognized most of them and knew most of their names. Memorizing names was definitely a skill of hers. "Hello Gentlemen" She said then turned slightly. "And lady" she added with an inaudible laugh.

ooc; outfit in top pic
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Second Year Hogwarts Student
Gryffindor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:10 pm
User Image
User Image

Tyler looked over the new hopefuls and smiled "Hello Everyone! For those of you whop don't know I am Tyler Dean, Captain of the Quiddicth team. Now We are looking for new members, as you are all aware. At the moment the current number is unknown." he said as he looked over the members. Well quite a turnout he thought. "First off please fill out this form and hand it to me. After that do some laps." he said before pointing his wand at a stack of parchment which then floated to each person on the field.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Position 1:[/b]
[b]Position 2:[/b]

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:26 pm
User Image
User Image

The blond girl couldn't help but notice one of the two boys tryout out looking at her. He was one of the first years she had see at the feast though he didn't look at happy now as he had back then. Smiling she waved at him trying to be friendly. No matter who got the open spaces it didn't matter. They were housemates and would remain as such. Daisy had come out here to join on a whim. Well not entirely on a whim as she was hopeful to join and make new friends. Though apparently she wasn't late by the looks of it as the oldest boy stepped forward and began to address them.

Tyler...she thought that was the older boy's name. Daisy was silently happy she had remembered it. Quietly she listened as he spoke making certain to note what instructions he gave. Catching the paper he had floated towards her Daisy smiled again. Time to get going. Plucking a quill from her bag she crouched down to use her leg as a firm surface to write on. Finished she smiled and put the quill back away. "Thank you." Daisy said as she turned the paper back into Tyler. Ok now to do the laps he had said. Going over to the broom barrel Daisy took a moment to pick her mount for this tryout. Silently she wished she already had her own broom but patience was a virtue and Daisy knew Soren would hold up his end of the deal.

Taking her bag off she left it, and Spade, sitting quietly in the grass. She knew that this time the mischievous rabbit wouldn't get loose. With a smile she let the broom float a moment before climbing on. Pushing of the small blond half darted into the air thrilled to be up off the ground. Wind pushed again her face and she smiled more. Flying was such a wonderful thing, no wonder birds never seemed to like to come down. Doing a lazy loop de loop Daisy speed off to do her laps the whole while playing around just a bit to warm up. It had been a little bit since she had been on a broom.

Name: Daisy Gaunt
Year: 3rd
Position 1: Chaser
Position 2: Keeper

Lost in the flower field: Spade, Tyler, Colton, some first years
He loves me, he loves me not: Glad to be in the air
A flower crown upon my head:Charon is going to kill me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 am
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood:
What I am doing:
What I want to be doing:

Jayden watched as the third year waved at him, for even though they were battling for an open position, she wanted them to know that they were still housemates and they could still be friends. He waved back at her timidly, not knowing how to react to the wave. He released Colton's arms from his shoulder and walked to the barrel of brooms, taking one of the worn brooms from it. He had his own broom at home, but he was not allowed to bring it, unlike his brother being able to sneak his broom in. He didn't know how he managed to sneak it in and use it, but he wished he was able to do that.

Jayden looked down at the sign up form and looked at it with enthusiasm. This would decide what he was going for, even though he probably wouldn't make the team. He looked at the form and thought over the second position he might of been able to have...beater maybe. He took the form and wrote on it, his neat handwriting legible to almost everyone.

Name: Jayden Cloud
Year: 1st
Position 1: Chaser
Position 2: Beater

He finished writing and handed the paper to Tyler Dean, the sixth year seeker. Seeker is his real position, but he was almost equally as good with chaser...but that just came from learning from his big brother. He always loved when his big brother took time out of his life to teach him. Josh always did this for Jayden a lot more than for Devin. But Devin needed less work at chaser. Devin was already good at it, scoring on a lot of people, including the head boy Nevin. He just hoped that he could be as good as Devin here, and he might of had a faint chance to make it on this team.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

FlamingHeart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 pm
Evando Rivera Junior
User Image
First Year -
Gryffindor

Evando felt his dream get further and further away as more, older students graced their graced the quidditch pitch. How was he going to make the team when priority was given to the older players? This may be a set back, but Evando was not ready to just stand down to them. Skill would propel him forward and if not, then a never die attitude mixed with dumb luck would get him through. He greeted each new person with a small nod before taking the form from their team captain.

Name: Evando Rivera Junior
Year: First
Position 1: Beater
Position 2: Keeper

Evando wanted a position that protected the team, but he also wanted the thrill of denying a goal from the other team. The only thing that kept the keeper position from the first slot was that he wanted to be more mobile. He already knew his way around a bat from playing the muggle sport baseball and his hand eye coordination was really good. That and he knew he would work even harder since he knew that if he missed, one of his teammates would be hurt.

Evando handed the form back to Tyler, then hopped on his broom to take off for their laps. He didn't know if he was allowed to be out flying, seeing as he didn't have a certificate. But the first years were allowed to try out so, he didn't see the harm in borrowing a broom to participate. He'd been on a broom every since his father came home with one of the little toy ones they gave to children, so it wasn't like he didn't know what he was doing. How else was he going to be a part of things if he wasn't in the air anyway?

It had been a while since Evando been back on a broom, but instinct took over as soon as he left the ground and felt the cool air rush against his skin. He let out a playful laugh, unable to hold back his joy of finally being in the air again. Yes, this was the sport that he would make his namesake, hard work and dedication would see to it.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:29 pm
User Image
User Image

Tyler pushed up on his broom and smiled. He was soaring through the air once again. He watched as the new and old quidditch team members flee laps. The black haired boy pulled out his whistle and blew it. "Alright everyone! Chasers to the center. Beaters to the ground. " he said. Be himself glided to the ground. Let's see how they can do this. he thought with a smirk before taking out the quaffle. "Ok so let's see who can get the most points. I will be releasing the bludgers later." he called as he throw the quaffle into the center of the hovering crowd.

(( Remember to follow the directions on how to play quidditch ))

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

FlamingHeart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:49 pm
Evando Rivera Junior
User Image
First Year -
Gryffindor

Evando whirled his broom around and made a beeline to Tyler when he head the whistle blow. To his dismay, he ordered the team to the ground with the exception of the chasers. He spiralled down to a soft landing and looked up at the students still in the air wondering which one of them would be the most impressive. After hearing what one of the older students said about Jayden made Evando put his money on the young Gryffindor. That and he hoped a first year making the team would better his chances for one of the two positions that he wanted.

For now he would just watch the other students until he would get his shot to show them all he was ready to play. As he watched the chasers go back and forth he began to wonder who would be stopping them for scoring. Throwing the quaffle into an unguarded goal seemed like an easy task, but maybe there was something more to it. He'd find out soon enough though and all he could do now was standby and watch.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:18 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton followed Tyler's directions along with the other students, mounting his broom and taking a few laps in the steadily warming air. It felt good to be on the pitch again, much more quidditch-like than practicing on his farm. He did a few special moves as he weaved in and out of the other students, but mostly kept his warm up simple, not wanting to show off or appear overly-confident.

When he heard the whistle blow, Colt dove quickly to the ground, landing with such grace that almost looked awkward paired with such a giant teenager. Leaning his weight against his broom, he watched in the sky as the students competed for the open chaser position, his eyes particularly focused on Jayden.

Name: Colton Raines
Year: Third
Position 1: Beater
Position 2: Chaser

[[OOC: Wasn't sure if I needed to post this or not, but here it is. xD]]
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Focused
What I am doing: Flying
What I want to be doing: Flying

Jayden looked down at the worn school broom and sighed. He didn't like the feel of this broom, but he would have to deal with it for a little while. He loved his own broom Yoru, which laid in a case at home, ever since he found out he could not bring it from his father. He was mad about that, but he should not have to worry about that. It was his time to shine in front of the captains and show what he could do. He took on deep breath and took off into the air at high speeds. He loved the air and it felt positively riveting to be in the air once again. He had not been in the air since the day before the train left the station, which was rather long for him. He spent most of his summer on Yoru and he really finally got the hang of flying it, but now he had to get used to the shakiness of the bloody school broom. If he made the team, he may be able to get permission from the captain to have his own sent to him. But first, was the task at hand, make the team, and go one-hundred fifty percent doing it. He started to become majorly focused. He took his position in the air, ready to start his trials.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:04 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Sixth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

►The man... The mystery... The legend...◄

Striding down to the pitch with his new broom, the Firebolt 3, he strode onto the field. Smiling at the fresh faces, he put on his Quidditch goggles and walked over to Tyler. "Hello old friend," he said to Tyler and filled out the little form. Without waiting for any provocation, he leapt onto his broom and raised skywards. "Good luck scoring!" Will shouted and flew over to the goalposts.

Name: William Radcliffe
Year: Sixth
Position 1: Keeper
Position 2: Chaser

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Firefly_Wanderer rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 1, 6, 10, 9, 8, 6, 10, 8 Total: 70 (10-100)

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:50 pm
User Image
User Image

Looked like it was time to begin. The current keeper arrived and took his post at their target goals. As soon as Tyler released the Quaffle Daisy stopped her loop and took off after it. She wanted to show that she knew what she was doing. Once upon a time the speed she could go made her nauseous but no longer was that a problem for the thirteen year old. It was amazing what some summer practice on the da Vinci back lawn did for a girl. Come to think of it Charon hadn't been happy to hear about that time either. Feeling the smooth leather on her fingers the blond girl smiled and pulled the Quaffle in tucking it under her arm as she pulled out of the dive with one hand. That she didn't like steering with one hand that is but she knew she would get used to it with a bit more practice.

Leveling off once she regained her altitude, Daisy zipped towards the other end of the field. As she moved though she didn't just do a straight line. Practicing in the back yard of friend Rose's current home came with the benefit of having a Quidditch coach. Xenos had taught her a few evading tricks and general fun maneuvers. William seemed totally at ease on his broom there and she tried not to let that intimidate her. The 6th year had been on the team for years of course he was probably confidant against a bunch a newbies trying out for the first time. Silently she wondered what Levana and Rose would think about her trying out. She hadn't told the girls yet and hadn't wanted to until she had either got the position or had tried her hardest regardless. Would Rose think this unladylike of her? the young blond had a hard time picturing her proper friend up on a broom like this. Levana on the other hand she had no trouble picturing.

The goal loomed close and it was now or never. Rolling out of the last move she had done, silently hoping she didn't look like a show off. Deciding quickly she wanted to go for the goal on the right, the blond moved towards the left in a hopefully feint. Quickly correcting her path, she pulled back her arm and tossed the ball as fast as she could towards the shiny golden post. "Please!" Daisy whispered to herself as she felt the last bit of leather brush past her fingers. Ball was in the air and she no longer had a decision on it's fate. That now rested in William's hands.

{spaz said to just do it in one post for try outs so here's my one}

Lost in the flower field: Spade, Tyler, Colton, William, and some first years
He loves me, he loves me not: Excited
A flower crown upon my head:Oh please!

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 259 260 261 262 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items