Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

Devin Cloud

Third YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Devin walked into the class, fully aware what he was getting himself into. He heard that Alchemy was indeed a very hard class, but it was definitely a subject he wanted to learn. He also heard the teacher was great however, which was good for him. He needs a teacher that will help Devin reach his maximum potential and Devin firmly believed that this was the teacher to do it. Devin turned to his new teacher, completely knowing this one's name due to him being told by Phinelia.

"Hello Professor Amorocho, I'm Devin Cloud," he said properly, making sure to give that famous smile he was known for. He then took a seat in the class, glad to see that not many people were in the actual class. That means that Devin will have more one on one, rather than the usual time when the classroom was too over populated. That's when the Professor started his lecture.

By the end of the lecture, Devin was completely lost in the words of the teacher. This subject most definitely interested him to an eccentric degree as well. He then rose his hand and waited upon the teacher to call on him. He then asked a brief question.

"So, could the Philosopher's Stone indeed be recreated by a very successful alchemist?" Devin asked the teacher, hoping that he could give him an answer. He knew he would, for the man was quite the genius. He wondered if one could recreate it.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Third Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

When Annabelle had arrived at the Alchemy classroom, it was not without an unusual conversation with a very profound and ancient spirit absorbed within the confines of a suit of armor. The voice that emanated was brusque, and harsh, but held a metallic sincerity and softness that she felt compelled to listen to converse with the suit of armor on the sixth floor corridor. That conversation still rung clear in her mind as she abruptly took a seat and fished out a quill and parchment.

Her thoughts travelled to dark recesses she hadn’t ventured through since the summer past. Roi Antiguo had bid her to take one of the Frostmourne children, to take one, and be rid of the other. She never knew when, or why, or why, but she waited—waited for the order to be bid.

She didn’t want to do it, she had no desire too, nor any ill will against the Frostmournes. They were Tay’s cousins, and even now, she couldn’t begin to understand the hidden depths behind the frail little boys and their purpose in this. Being associated with the outer rim of the circle, she knew less than most—but she knew one thing. She had befriended the enemy. More often than not, Belle would fantasize the demise of Roi—or the rise in power he could bring to her. She swayed, every morning and every night, never sure who she would promise herself too or why. She had often wondered what Devin and his brother would think, or Tristain and Colton Raines, or even Phinelia and Ronyo. She had had the past summer to engage, and befriend them, and the more she had gotten to know them—the harder it would be for her to decide. And she knew it, too.

Jostling down her notes absentmindedly, Annabelle weighed her options and outcomes. What would Devin think?

Desires: Perfection
Troubles:

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?.....
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you.....
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:30 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

”A pleasure to meet you, Devin.” He nodded in greeting, and as the young blonde had retreated to a seat, the young professor of Hispanic descent could barely contain himself as he heightened at the question. ”Cloud, is it? Any relation to Joshua Cloud?”

Only after his question, did he begin his lesson, and as he spoke his eyes of generous chocolate almonds sparkled with the magnificent hues of spectral life threatening to burst to life within his eyes. Though the professor himself was very soft natured, and warm hearted, he had had earned himself a bit of a reputation in his youth for stumbling into trouble. And stumbling into trouble was exactly how he had earned his seat within Hogwarts staff—more of a punishment than a reward, but he came to enjoy it all the same.

”Yes, why of course! Anyone is truly capable of creating a Philosopher’s Stone, but, only the tiniest percentage of which may ever come to realize their full potential, and then even a tinier fraction of that would ever even attempt such a feat. You see, alchemy is a dying branch of magic, and in certain schools, alchemy isn’t even held in curriculums, but assorted differently between all of the other branches. Less and less wizards are becoming interested in alchemy, and, there are less and less alchemists in the world because of it. Hopefully,” he paused, allowing his Spanish tongue to emphasize his point. ”That will change.”

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm
User Image
Devin Cloud

Devin looked up at the teacher as he asked the question. Devin was getting tired of the question, but the professor seems pretty cool; so he would let him slide. But...this question reminded him why he was pursuing a successful life. Maybe that moment was what he needed. Devin needed drive, something to push him to success. And the constant question that the professor just asked may be that force. Devin looked back up at the teacher, flashing a faint smile. He then answered him.

"Ahhh...a Quidditch fan I see and yes, that is my older brother," he said, looking over to Annabelle and meeting her gaze with a smirk. She knew how much he hated being so known for his brother, but he was sure she had found it just as amusing as he had.

That's when the professor had answered his question. He was glad to here that anyone coukd recreate such a substance. Previously, Devin believed that it took some kind of special wizard to replicate such a stone, but apparently, that was a common misconception. Devin was glad to here this, but he was not so happy to hear that alchemy was such a dying magic. It seemed as if Alchemy was a cool subject.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:30 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

As the students proceeded to file inside of his classroom, Professor Angel’s back was turned to them as he hurriedly jotted down the spell for the day’s lesson. It was fairly easy and more than useful at times if the imagination was put to the test. Only once he was sure that every student had entered, he spun on his heel to address the class. ”Welcome back, today you’ll begin your first spell for my class.

“The corrumpo spell is a nifty little charm, which, can cause iron to turn to rust. Essentially, iron steel bars, or chains, handcuffs, even certain vaults or safes. A quick and tight zig-zag line with your wand and then thrust the point at the object—but be wary, try to keep each exact zig and zag the same size, or the spell could backfire.

“Now, I’ve a collection of iron items up here, locks, chains, keypads, keys, doorknobs, scissors—all sorts. Come up here and collect one and give it a try. If you need any help, feel free to ask me.”

Quote:

Name of the spell Corrumpo
Pronunciation of the spell Corr-um-PEE-oh
Meaning behind the name Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
Effects of the spell This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
Wand movements required to perform properly With a swift wrist, form a zig-zag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
Is there a distance requirement? Item must be within sight
Are the effects lasting? The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

Juan Angel Amorocho

   
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:11 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

Devin walked into the classroom, glad to see Professor Amorocho again. Devin was most definitely glad to have this teacher, for the man was actually social. He hated when a teacher didn't really talk to their students, or maybe question them every now and again. Despite that hate, he still for some reason loved Rosier as a teacher, even though she is pretty much the strict antithesis of what I just said. Devin was hard to understand sometimes; actually, it seemed like the only one who truly understood him was the beautiful blonde with the radiant emerald eyes. Sounds great doesn't it? He was glad to have Annabelle in his life; no, glad is an understatement. He couldn't ask for anyone else to be his friend sounds more like it. All the times the two shared together was possibly great. But...oh yes...his thoughts were off topic.

"Hello Professor Amorocho, how has your day been treating you?' he asked, truly wondering. He wasn't just trying to be a kiss up. He just wanted his professors to like him, and the only way to do that was to have conversations with them.

After the professor answered, he started his lecture. The lecture was intriguing actually and knew the spell presented could indeed be useful at some point. He made sure to keep note of it for future purposes. Devin went up to the desk and took a lock, and a chain. He went back to his desk and got his wand out.

"Corr-um-PEE-oh!" he said aloud, actually getting the right result for once. The lock began to rust soon after the incantation was pronounced. He watched as th lock began to rust, and rust, and rust some more. It was quite amusing actually. He then performed the spell again, actually able to get it once again. This day was definitely going good for him.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:32 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

As Belle hurried to class, she couldn’t help but to contemplate over the reason why she was late. It was another letter from her mother again, this time; she was seemingly much more coherent. She had tasseled the words over in her mind and couldn’t begin to understand why her mother was so—so—emotional.

There were no other words to describe the letter that she had received that morning. Although the contents of which were random prattling of a mother, fussed over nutrition and health and welfare, she couldn’t help but note the sense of urgency riddled within. Still, she managed to mechanize her steps without an ushering thought and fell at a seat on her desk and began to write down the spell in her personal journal before admonishing her wand and trying her hand at the spell. After a quick levitation spell, a bronze knocker in the shape of a dragon had flown to her desk with elegant sways. ”Corrumpo,” Belle chimed with a British tongue, a quick zigzag formation of her wand had followed. The door knocker suffered from a minor dismay, the bare exterior shifted to a duller, copper red, though still intact.

”Corrum-PEE-oh!” She recited, again, and again, each spell had caused a sufficiently amount of damage until the knocker crumpled in upon it’s form and scattered into ashes of rust.

Troubles: Patience

User Image

Well, that's okay
is not okay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: 'Excellent,'
╚══════════════╝

"Now, for centuries, alchemists believed that any one and all thing could be created with one, or a combination, of the four elements: water, fire, wind, and earth. It was often speculated that the main intent of alchemy was to create the elixir of life, the resurrection stone, or what have you-

"But that's purely the avarice side. But in truth, the real destination was for the Quintessence, the fifth element: Ether. Consisted of the above, and the below, the mental, as well as material. It can be thought of as the ethereal embodiment of the life force that we encounter in dreams and altered states of consciousness-

"But, overall, it can be viewed as a divine truth. That nothing can exist without it, and everything exists for it, and with it."
He explained and occasionally gestured with pantomimed waves as he spoke.

"But I'll follow up on that before class is over, for now, on to the next spell for the day, the counter charm: inveteratus. Essentially does the opposite of your last spell, if you come across iron that’s rusted, this will do the trick to reverse the effects." Juan stepped forward to demonstrate the wandwork, and the etymology behind the spell and then offered for the students to have a go on the rusted instruments on his desk. ”Do be careful, this is rust, I’d advise you all to wear your gloves if you have them, if not, I have a box right here you can use.”

Quote:
Inveteratus: Reverses the effects of rust on iron based objects.
Etymology: Invertatus, meaning, hardened-by-age, of long-lasting.
Wandwork: Exact opposite of its counterpart, a thrust, concluded with a zigzag motion.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 pm
My life is so cold
User Image

Hovering within, Belle glided on air as she swept past the professors desk offering a kind and sincere smile and nod before she slid dutifully into her seat and began to retrieve her belongings. Textbooks, quills, and an inkwell, she hummed a soft tone in her mind as she began her precise and cursive script. The spell was simple enough, but her mind was far too preoccupied on the whereabouts of her friend. Ever since their reckless escape from Blood Murdochs, Hildegard had vanished immediately after classes and would either be sleeping in her bed in her dorms, or gone.

Troubles: Patience

User Image

Well, that's okay
is not okay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:45 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

Devin walked into the class and greeted Professor Amorocho with a hello before sitting down next to Annabelle, who seemed as if she was in her own little world. Well, in her world enough not to dignify him with the slightest flick of the eyes, which was funny because she always did show some kind of acknowledgement. He wondered what was on her mind, but he didn't want to nose dive into her personal life like that, even if it was Annabelle, the person closest to him.

After Amorocho finished his small little lecture, Devin's slightly larger than average hand flew up into the air and when was called he asked a question. "Uhm...when you say life force in altered states of consciousness, do you mean the life force when someone is in a coma and they claim to be able to see themselves, or near-death experiences where they say they are out of their body? he asked, wondering if this was the life force that he was referring to. He read about a near-death experience someone had, but it seemed so...fictional. It was hard to believe, but he was forced to, due to the fact that many people had this feeling. He wondered if that sort of force could be founded. The one that takes someone out of their own body.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:06 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:14 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Hovering over the foliage that thrived across the back circular wall of the classroom, Professor Angel had held his long wand of thirteen inch oak wood generously over each plant—no two were the same. It was a difficult feat, if herbologists pondered, to harbor such separate individual species that, in any other world, would never flourish. But Juan Angel Amorocho would always smile, the secrets of alchemy he would always tell them. Students would begin to rush within, finding seats and falling into a chatter with ease, and he would wait until each and every plant had had the exact amount of moisture needed before swirling around on his heel and garbed in a muggle suit and tie.

”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish for a fault, and continued in English. ”Welcome to alchemy class, I’m Professor Amorocho, I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, you may call me Professor Angel if you like.

“Now, today we are going to begin the year by briefly learning about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. The Philosopher’s Stone can be used to create the Elixir of Life, to transform base metals into pure gold, and, power, but, only one stone created has ever been recorded into existence. created by the hands of Nicholas Flamel, and, Albus Dumbledore....”
He paused, allowing the moment for students to settle in and retrieve parchment and quill; today, there would be no spell casting.

”The Philosopher’s Stone was a very crucial ingredient in the hopes to create an Elixer of Life, which, can grant an extended lifespan for as long as the user drinks it, and, it can also be used to restore a witch or wizards soul that may have been broken apart with the means of a horcrux.

“When the stone was set to be hidden in Hogwarts, it had been hidden within an enchanted item, the Mirror of Erised. Albus Dumbledore was a famed alchemist who truly believed in the pursuit of enlightenment and the magical importance of the pure of heart. The mirror, truly a brilliant stroke of genius, would always reflect what was desired most, because of that, it could drive men to madness, simply because, they wanted to see it come fruition—and the only place where it would, would be standing in it’s reflection.

“The Philosopher’s Stone was hidden inside of this mirror, and even though the possessed Quirinus Quirrell desired the stone more than anything else, he would never have been able to acclaim it. Mister Harry Potter desired the stone, utmost, for one and one only reason: to protect the lives of those he most cared about. Although at the time, he had been led to believe it was the previous Potions Master Professor Snape, his heart had always known that he was destined to keep it safe.

“The heart is a very powerful matter, delving as deep into mind magic, as well as wand lore, and heavily researched in the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic, for good reason… And no doubt, it took vigorous studying, and research for Dumbledore to have been able to safely hide the stone in such a precarious manner.

“Ah, I do believe that concludes the lesson for today, does anybody have any questions about what we’re you’re going to be learning in alchemy this year? I realize today’s first lesson wasn’t exactly an introductory course but next class you will begin your spell work, and, I will go over the fundamentals of alchemy in depth. ”
He concluded, and guided his gaze across his students to see if anyone had a question.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:17 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Manually guiding the chalk to his uniquely sprawling script, Angel copied down the spell for the day and the page it appeared in their alchemical textbooks. Wiping his hands of any fine white residue, he turned his attention to the head of the class, waving a hand through the air with simple ease which had caused the classroom door to swing open, and then, the curtains upon every high arched window pulled to the side to let the light spill through and douse its rays upon the foliage nestled along the back walls of the circular room. ”Good afternoon, class, today, we will be spell casting, so, take out your books, turn to the page, and retrieve your wands.

“This spell is a fairly simple charm, and, in this class, you’ll learn that alchemy is truly a branch of magic, that incorporates all other branches into one, the difference? Alchemical spells, potions, and transmutations are all deviations of spells to achieve enlightenment, and, quite possibly the more obvious, the spells always change something. Ideally, that’s what people believe alchemy to be, the study of the four basic elements, as well as the study of transmutation. Alchemy, above all, can almost be seen as a doctrine, or, a philosophy, even. But, we’ll get to all of that soon enough, for now, all you need to know, is that the difference between a normal spell, and an alchemical spell, is that, in the end, it changes an object, is a deviation of the four elements, or, enlightens the mind.

“Now, to begin, we will learn the Corrumpo spell, which, can cast any metal to tarnish to rust, thus, creating an ease of access to burst though iron bars, mar an opponent’s shield, or, simply, destroy your friends bicycle, which, I don’t at all condone.

“The wandwork is a bit difficult, so repeat after me, with a swift wrist, guide your wand in an even zigzag, absolutely make sure it is as even as possible going left, and then right, and left once again, failure to do so could cause the spell to to tarnish too much, then thrust the point of the wand at the target. Understand? Now, the incantation is fairly simple. If you’ll repeat after me, cor-um-PEE-oh.

“Excellent, now, give it a go on the metal chain link I’ve summoned to your desks, if you need any help, please, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Quote:

Name of the spell: Corrumpo
Pronunciation of the spell: Corr-um-PEE-oh
Meaning behind the name: Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
Effects of the spell: This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
Wand movements required to perform properly: With a swift wrist, form a zigzag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
Distance requirement: Item must be within sight
Lasting effects: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

[[All missed classes can be completed in his office.]]]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 pm
User Image
User Image

Tristain's smile was firmly in place as she made her way into the Alchemy classroom for the second lesson of the year. However, a bit of worry riddled her stomach with pain as she approached the professor. "H-hello, Professor. I'm Tristain Raines. I'm terribly sorry for missing the previous lesson, but is there any chance I might be able to stop by your office this evening to make up for my absence?"

After settling things with Professor Amorocho, the Ravenclaw was even more excited than originally prepared for once he announced that they would be using practical magic for their lesson today.

Eager to prove herself, Tris turned her attention towards the metal chain on her desk after taking a brief page of notes in her book. With the complex wand movement fresh in her mind, she easily defeated the task, chanting,
"Corr-um PEE-oh!" with enough heart to bring goosebumps to one's skin. The metal chain made a high-pitched screeching noise as it became oxidized, turning dark orange in color as her magic mimicked one of life's natural chemical reactions.

User Image
"Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined.
Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind."

- William Shakespeare
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:49 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

"Why of course you can dear, the last lesson was only a bit of an introductory, just some note taking is all.' The professor exclaimed with an affirmative nod and wide spread grin gracing his features.

*~*Next Class*~*

"Hopefully you've practiced your spell from last class; today, we will be going over the counter-charm to corrumpo, the inveteratus charm. Which, with proper technique and concentration, will reverse the effects of rust.

"Now, the wandwork is virtually the same as its counter, only, the steps have been reverse. So, begin with a stiff wrist and then thrust the tip of your wand towards the target, and conclude with a swift zig and zag. And remember to strongly pronounce the 'a' in the spell, like so, in-VET-er-A-tus.

"When your ready to begin, come up to my desk and gather one of these rusty utensils, careful now, I'd advise you wear the gloves also found on my desk, the objects tend to want to crumble sometimes..."

Quote:

Name of the spell: Inveratus
Pronunciation of the spell: In-VET-er-A-tus
Meaning behind the name: Inveteratus meaning: hardened by age, of long-lasting
Effects of the spell: Reverses the effecs of rust on any iron based object
Wand movements required to preform properly: With a stiff wrist, thrust the point of the wand towards the object, and conclude with a zig-zag motion
Is there a distance requirement?: Item must be within sight
Are the effects lasting?: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed, or, over time, and weather permitting, rust may again appear if unkempt.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas