Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Nott Castle and Estates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:01 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Roi smiled as he nodded, "Good. Now I can tell William seems to have strayed off, would you get him and remind him of what I ordered him to do?" He said looking away and glaring out of the doorless frame and into the corridor beyond.
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm
User Image

Zane Acacia

Second YearRavenclawTriplet

Zane had just realized that Roi had forgotten to give him a task. Something that could have been left well enough alone to throw Jasmine off his trail. The boy became curious as Roi mentioned a boy by the name of Lucas. There was something in his voice that had never been there before. Something that hardly anyone had likely heard from the boy. It was a tone that Zane did not wish to question.

Zane didn't realize that he had called Roi master until about five minutes after the fact. He would have wondered what had caused him to do that, but there was considerable evidence in his mind as to why he had. None of that bothered Zane. None of that at all.

"Of course," Zane said as he stood up and made his way out of the room in search of his target. The boy found him down the hall talking to a girl in his house and year. If this were the beginings of love, it seemed pretty awkward.

He wasn't sure if he should interupt, but he quickly came to the conclusion that he just didn't care. If Roi really were going to get rid of Tay, it wouldn't matter at all. Cat would just have to deal with his being a jerk. Quite frankly, he didn't know her well enough to care if she thought he were a jerk or not.

"Tay," Zane said, a bit loudly. "Aren't you supposed to be looking for somebody else?" His voice had a coldness to it that even Zane did not expect. He certainly didn't expect the urge to push down giggles.

What I see in the night
What I feel in your heart.
All your dreams, all your lies
Can you tell them apart?

Do you lie here awake
As the shadows look on?
Should they cry for your sake?
Should you sleep in their arms?

For the shadows see all
And they rarely forget
Every dream that you've had
Every act you regret!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 pm
Devin Anthony Cloud

Hufflepuff-2nd Year

User Image
"Everything is Possible"

"Experimentation is the best learning for me"

"Quidditch is my life, and always will be"

Devin stared at the castle in amazement. He knew the Nott's abode was huge, but not of this proportion. He couldn't imagine living in a place like this, always needing a map to find a room. It must've been outrageous having to find the bathroom. Well, someone could get used to the route after awhile; but nevertheless, the house was huge.

Devin walked up to the door with Annabelle by his side, happy to finally be at the summer ball. He especially loved whom he was with, but that was another story. He gave a loud knock on the castle door, hoping that someone would come to the door. It is disrespectful to just walk in someone's home; so he never did it. Still, he did not like waiting either, but he would just have to. Soon enough a man came to the door, probably some sort of butler or cleaning servicemen, and let them in. He motioned for Annabelle to go first because of the 'ladies first' rule.

"This place is amazing," he said, looking up at the designs of the castle. He lived fairly wealthy, but this was rediculous. He would probably be spoiled if he had a butler service, cleaning service, and everything else. The home was quite the spectacle itself, probably giving this boy Tay something to brag about. He had never met Tay before, but he might as well today. Besides, what does he have to lose?

Mood: Ecstatic Location: Front door of Nott's home Relationship Status: Single

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:11 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Blinking, Tay stood for a moment in disarray, and though there truly was a smile on his face, it was hard to maintain with the scene he had endured so suddenly, and his rage had already been bubbling since his father had awoken him that morning. His thoughts still wavering, he managed to humbly usher the young girl down a different corridor then he had come, the North Wing. But, not before he had heard the casual booming and familiar voice of the younger boy, but Tay hadn’t turned around to acknowledge him. He threw a casual glance over his shoulder, only golden peripherals spotted the blonde across the ways, and it was only with a silent nod that Zane would be met with. ”That would brilliant, it’s down this way.” Tay decided, reassured as his attention veered towards Cathryn and briskly began the walk across the portraits of famous figures of the past until the guest bedrooms would come to view.

”I need to get one of the guests from their rooms…” Tay had finally answered once they were down the hallway. ”It can get easy to get lost; the portraits are pretty helpful lot, most of the time.

“I’m not quite sure what all my father has told you, but, I look just like him, not sure if I’m quite like him.”
He had admitted, finding it difficult to balance his father, Roi, and the duties of being the only heir. ”Hm, O’Malley, huh? Your da’ or someone owns that quidditch shop, huh? My da’ got a broom from there, never really rode it though, not much of a flyer, heh.” He finished with a casual laugh and shrug of his shoulder as his eyes darted between each similar door expectantly. ”Are you?” He wondered, and tried to recall when the last time he had to make small talk was with a forlorn thought.

But soon enough, his knuckles came pounding on the door of Lucas Frostmourne. "

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None
Mood: Wavering
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 am
Please remember, this isn't how I hoped it would be
But I had to protect you from me

That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there

William Dante Nott the Second

User Image

”It’s what I’m counting on,” Will sniggered, the sly and mischievous smile on his face, fabricated from the lie of destruction, but, truly was as harmless as could be. In truth, the gallant man had only wanted to be sure his friend was well, and only one thing would shed truth to that- the man’s appetite. William didn’t need to say just as much as Alfons hadn’t needed to hear it. And like with every engagement, Will had spent the majority of his focus and attention across the vicinity. Many guests still lingered in the foyer as they crossed through the West Wing corridor into the State Dining Room, and Ballroom. Hands had to be shaken, greetings had to be made, and all the while, he couldn’t help but to wonder who among these people were his friends, and who were his enemies.

But there would always be that percentage of his attention focused entirely on the diluted mannerisms and language of his friend at his side, and when probed for the true intentions of this arrangement, William had only met Alfons with a proper smile and vague truths with that twinkle in his eye. ”Consider this my way of… Lending a hand…”

Luckily, his attention had been diverted to a young couple as they glided through the open doors, and though it was quite difficult to put names to the faces without the Hogwarts quidditch uniform on, he was sure he had one of his nieces or nephews around their age. ”Ah, that’s a shame, do send them my regards. I’m glad you and Miss Haude were able to attend, ah, and there’s food and refreshments down that corridor,” Will had insisted with a point of his finger, he, had always been the man that felt any manner of guest or patron in his home musn’t leave without a proper meal.

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Located: Nott Castle Foyer
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:02 am
Annabelle Emery Rich, Second Year Slytherin
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Glittering eyes of pale green glimmered in awe of the castle they had just been brought too, Belle take in a silent gasp as she blinked at her surroundings before she fell in step with Devin and entered through the doorway. Truly, she could never have imagined what it would be like to live inside a home that was so big; surely, it must have had its downfalls. But right now, all she saw was the glamour and glitz of the detail as they entered the foyer, and she immediately noticed the host, a friend of her fathers. ”Yes it is,” Belle replied with an airy breath as she gaze around transfixed and then shook herself back to reality.

”I wonder if we’ll find anyone we know? Or our year, here, I guess we should just follow the people?” She had suggested as she noticed only one hallway in particular seemed to have been in use. ”Hey, they’re in our year, aren’t they?” Belle pointed out two of triplets, which, made her wonder where the third had run off too. She had never truly met them, and glanced inquiringly at Devin wondering if he had met them before.

Desires: Ball
Troubles: Nervous

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm
User Image
___________________,,-'{ Arthur Zeek Doyle Findeler III }'-,,___________________
[ Slytherin-Alumni ; Unspeakable ]

As they usually were, the port-key was fairly indiscriminate. Arthur kept it upstairs in his attic, though it's placement and arrangement were not so inconspicuous. He hadn't placed so much a shrine for his late wife up there, but he kept everything she owned after her death, and never parted with an article; most notable was the vanity desk set near her other possessions, still set up as if she had used it that very day, and on the desk, catching the brilliant orange light of setting sun through the small air vent in the attic wall, was her hand-mirror. Silver-plated and ornate, the sort of thing she always liked, and the only object he'd ever consider using as a port-key.

"Come along, Thomas. I'm not going to say it again." Arthur belted as he threw the dusty old hatch to the attic open, released a light plume into the air. He climbed up and looked around with an air of nostalgia as he glanced at all he'd stored over the years. He wasn't going to let his son's festering attitude distract him from the moment. He walked over to the vanity, and let his hands glide over the tabletop and various objects, her combs, brushes, and the like. He smiled before he was broken from his daze by a dusty sneeze. Arthur turned about as Thomas climbed into the attic, dusting off his dress-robes.

"I can't breathe up here wearing this monkey suit." He complained.
"Well then -- you'd better hurry up so we can leave then." Arthur replied curtly before making way for Thomas to join him at the table.
"Don't let go until I say alright?"
Thomas didn't answer, but gave an annoyed nod before they both touched the hand-mirror and apparated in a flash.

Arthur never asked William just where his port-key put him on the Findeler Farm, but Arthur's put him in the Nott Estate's wine cellar, where he kept an old ruined desk as a keeper of the mirror until he had need to return home by it again. It wasn't far from the ballroom, if Arthur recalled, but he was certain that if he lost his way, any of the numerous portraits would point them in the right direction.
"Alright Thomas. Let's go, and do try to be happy about it." Arthur added as he began up the stairs leading out of the cellar.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
User Image
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:24 pm
User Image

Jasmine Acacia

Second Year Slytherin

Jasmine and Erianthe looked around to see if there were anyone that they knew. For a while, they appeared not to be having any luck, but then Jasmine saw a girl in her house and year point toward her and her sister. The Slytherin pulled on her sister and approached the girl. "Hello," Jazz said to the girl, not caring what her brother was up to.

User Image

Erianthe Acacia

Second Year Ravenclaw

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm
User Image

Zane Acacia

Second YearRavenclawTriplet

Zane watched as Tay walked out of sight, presumably to go retrieve Lucas. Glad to see that somebody was actually listening to him, he returned to the hearth room. "They should be here shortly," the Second Year said as he came back into the room, hoping that Tay would be back in a reasonable amount of time.

What I see in the night
What I feel in your heart.
All your dreams, all your lies
Can you tell them apart?

Do you lie here awake
As the shadows look on?
Should they cry for your sake?
Should you sleep in their arms?

For the shadows see all
And they rarely forget
Every dream that you've had
Every act you regret!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Roi had moved out of the chair upon the boys return and was looking out the window, the black box, decorated with jewels, was under his hosts arm. He smiled as he heard his servant return and didn't look away as he listened to the boy. He spoke, in a voice that seemed, impatient, happy, and sinister, all at once, "Very well, once William returns with the boy I will need you to depart with Lucas. I need to... Dispose... Of William. I shall summon you when I wish for your return." He turned his hosts head to look back at the boy. "Don't be surprised if I don't look the same." He said, laughing sinisterly at what he said.
User Image

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm
¯``•• .¸¸.•´Although me and my brother have the same face...

User Image
User Image

First Year☾ Unsorted ☾Seer

Lucas was laying next to his brother and staring at the ceiling. He never spoke much to begin with... But this time he wouldn't even talk to his brother, he was still mulling over the loss of his parents, the robed man, and the sinister boy.

He sat up as he heard the knock, he looked down at his brother and saw he was asleep and sighed. He got off the bed and went over to the door. He opened it a crack and saw it was the gold eyed boy, one of Roi's servants. He stared at him, not speaking, he had a bad feeling the second he opened the door.
"Y-Yes... W-We didn't do anything wrong... Did w-we?"

¯``•• .¸¸.•´We can never be more different...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:23 pm
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Tay was met with silence at once, the strength of his balled up fist subsided as he dropped his arm back to his side and waited. A casual glance of gold was cast in the direction to his right where Cat stood, and for the life of him, he couldn’t decipher what she may have been thinking, or how she may have felt at that moment. His thoughts were interrupted soon enough as the cowering figure of the young boy had appeared from behind the other side of the door. A brow rose at the question he was met with, and throwing a glance at Cat awkwardly, Tay shook his head quickly.

”No, ‘course not, now c’mon Lucas.” He had directed calmly with a simple wave of his hand and ushered Lucas out the door.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None
Mood: Wavering
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm
¯``•• .¸¸.•´Although me and my brother have the same face...

User Image

User Image

First Year☾ Unsorted ☾Seer

Lucas instantly froze as he realized he was being separated from his brother. He stared at Tay, his eyes full of fear as he attempted to close the door in Tay's face. Not now... He couldn't be pulled away from his brother! He just couldn't...

¯``•• .¸¸.•´We can never be more different...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:26 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
pre-thrid year - ravenclaw
hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

wearing: formal summer dress

╔══════════════════╗

Phi couldn't help but watch with a very slowly setting feeling of confusion. The sight of her friend's back, blatantly turning away from her had made her mind slip and slow. The redhead's smile was gone and her eyes had a glassyness to them - watching the other girl run off, obvious hatred imprinted in her features.
Phi's pace slowed and her previously welcomingly-opened arm hung limpy at her side. That deadened and confused posture of a small child did not last for long as soon she felt Ronyo tugging at her the same way she had been tugging on him. She followed, mouth opening slightly to ask a question before stopping the words form even having a chance to form. Ronyo wouldn't know the reason behind this behavior. He was most likely as unaware as she was, no use in wasting breath. Instead, her insight made her stop - pulling Ronyo into a sudden stagnation alongside her.
Her eyes momentarily lingered on the back of the girl's beautiful locks and dress before she disappeared into the crowd of chattering adults. Her eyes fell on Ronyo and she looked at him in silence, a mental message exchanging on the pathways of eye contact.
"It seems like she wants space. Lets leave her."

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image

alfons marcus flint
head potioneer of the most extraordinary society of potioneers

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

wearing: formal suit

- -
A knowing chuckle escaped him as he read the worn route f their shared tongue; a secret exchange hidden under a layer of decoy words to keep the outside ear from understanding without a shovel to find its way. The party was for William's son, also William. The boy was not unfamiliar to Alfons and the man had seen him grow up in the string of years. Seen the change in his striking golden eyes go from something that was never quite so innocent to a dead fire that was disturbingly similar to that light that shone in Remington's eyes. He was antisocial by nature, but wore his crafted mask well and blended to those not already aware to how out of place he really was. Alfons would never go to such lengths of disrespect towards Will and his late wife as to say the boy was carrying his own unshared demons, but he was definitely strange.
Sticking with his uncle Remmy was not helping his case, and whatever worries Al held for the boy, he knew that Will held them five-fold.

This party was a set-up, maybe even a surveillance of how the boy interacts or makes friends. If he has friends. William wanted to see how deeply rooting this strangeness was in his son. He was hoping the darkness had an end, not like it was with Remington. Alfons squeezed his friend's shoulder in a quick, invisible gesture of understanding. The Flint knew being a parent was an eternal change that evoked uncharted emotions. He had felt them himself, as he looked - for what seemed like only one minute in his life - into those mirror-reflected copies of his own eyes. Seen the swirling innocence and dependency that vessel of life held for him and he felt powerless. Powerless to rid himself of doing anything ever again besides holding that child close and loved and protected.
Alfons' blinked back the memory; a thing, an earth- and life-shattering thing that had kept him rooted in his offices, pouring over books and letters and memories ever since he saw those eyes once again. Saw them when he thought he had lost them completely from his life when he had hid them away.
A sudden thought occurred to him as he saw another group of young children running in the weaved spaces between adults. He turned to Will, "What exact company is this party keeping?"
A fearful and exhilarated chill ran a cold tongue down his spine as he urged his molten eyes not to look for fiery shots of red hair in the groups of people.
- -

User Image
yew || the flint estate || office

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image
pre-third year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
Allen had not recieved a formal invitiation from the party's host but instead from Jane. As a result, in his early arrival he had been sneaking around, attaching himself to other family to not look to conspiceous. Even though he was unsure, he did not want to reveal himself as an uninvited guest to the host (whom could be identified as the one shaking practically everyone's hand) who seemed busied by a thin, dark-haired and dark-eyed man. For the sake f not giving his presence a chance to bring trouble, he had attempted to act like a shadow. A white-haired shadow.
Observing around him, it seemed the first floor was rather packed by guests; past the detailed time of arrival by now. Straightening out his jacket nervously as he looked around for Jane. He had been on the verge of jumping with heightened emotions when he got her invitation to be his plus one.

He stepped from behind the column he had been pressing himself against and began looking in between the crowd; spying a moving subject not far from him. Craning his neck he noticed a familiar face and cried out for their attention.
"Jane?"
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:49 pm
User Image
Dress

Jane walked silently, unsure of what to do. She didn't feel at all comfortable in huge mansion. She wouldn't quite so far to say that she felt in danger but she wasn't far from that point when she suddenly heard her name again. This time a different but equally familiar voice.

She pivoted on the end of the heel of the silver sandal her beautiful brown hair matching her movement then falling on her stunning brown eyes. A large smile appeared and Jane's once stoic face as she wiped away the single tear and threw her pale arms around Allen.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out