Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Prince Charles Cinema ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:50 pm
User Image
Persephone is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Precious at the Cinemaspace
CURRENTLY // a child!spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Avaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I never get to see movies!' spacespac

❦ ❦ ❦ 'I don't know where everyone goes; It's not like us to follow.
It seems that we are alone, and don't know where to go.'
❦ ❦ ❦
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════

spacePersephone Tempest had taken off like a cheetah the moment the movie theater had appeared in her line of vision. Her cousin Ava was taking advantage of the fact that no one was home today and thus no one was around to notice her taking her out. The rest of the family, aside from his own parents and her father, didn't really approve of him doing anything with her. After all, he was a Squib... whatever that meant. She had no idea; all she knew was that Ava was the only one who really ever played with her. Grandfather tried, of course, but he was sort of boring... she decided it was because he was old. And her Daddy, as much as she loved him, always seemed so sad when he played with her... she thought it was because she looked like her mother. He must've loved her a lot, Seph had decided. She understood that; she loved her Daddy a lot, after all. She'd be very sad if he went away like her mother had.

spaceIn her excitement, the seven-year-old was completely unaware of the fact that she'd essentially just taken off without Ava. He'd decided they were going to a movie, something she was very, very excited about. She never got to see movies, after all. They were for muggles, her family said. She didn't really know what muggles were, either, but she knew that she liked movies very, very much. She didn't know what they were seeing, but Ava was very excited about it, so she was, too. The blonde turned on her heel, looking behind her for the older boy, her expression petulant when she realized he wasn't right behind her. "Ava! Where did you go? We're gonna miss the film!" Actually, she had no idea what time the film was. She just wanted to get inside and get some popcorn. And candy! She liked the candy at the cinema, it was all normal. She wasn't fond of most of the treats her Grandfather brought her. The chocolate frogs moved, and the Jelly Beans tasted funny as often as they were good. She didn't like them. She much preferred the candy she got other places. No surprises; except sometimes there was a mystery flavor in the skittles. But those were always tasty!

❦ ❦ ❦ 'But I'm safe right here. We know we are.
                                                                      And it's kind of scary thinking of what is out there...'
                                                                      ❦ ❦ ❦

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Persie!" The young teen ducked madly through the crowd, trying to follow the miniature blonde through the swarm of people. Clutching his own bag closer to himself, Ava sighed in relief as he finally got into the building, striding quickly towards Persie. "Don't run off like that!" he reprimanded quietly, huffing slightly from the crowd-weaving. "I can't take care of you if I don't know where you are-- you know that, young lady," Ava continued, trying-- and maybe sort of failing-- to sound stern. Giving up, the blonde heaved yet another sigh of resignation and took his cousin's hand in his instead. Puffing out his cheeks, the Squib looked around, taking in the sight of their surroundings and the people milling about. They should really get some food before the lines got too long. "Welp, I suppose we should go inside then, instead of just standing around here," he mused, looking at the stands. "But food first. Popcorn? Candy? Which ones do you want, Seph?" he asked, looking down at the seven-year-old beside him.

Admittedly, he was pretty excited for the film himself. Firmly proud, Ava was a staunch believer in anything that came out of the halls of Disney and Dreamworks and Pixar and the like, adoring every single childhood-esque film that was ever produced. Tugging lightly on Speh's hand, he steered them toward the concession stands, tickets safely in one pocket so they he didn't have to dig around in his bag for them later on. Pulling out his wallet too, Ava wondered-- cheese or caramel popcorn?

CaraMiakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:32 pm
User Image

❦ ❦ ❦

spacePersephone rolled her eyes at her older cousin. Really? He was scolding her? "You should be able to keep up. Your legs are longer!" She told the elder Tempest pointedly, hands on her hips in her best imperial pose... which collapsed less than a second after her worse were said. The child's posture dissolved into hunched, silly little giggles, and she ran back to the boy, wrapping her arms around his legs and hugging tight. "I'm sorry. I won't run off again," she told him, although they both knew it was likely a lie. Not because she meant it to be one; she just tended to go a little crazy when it was just the two of them. He was the only member of their very proper and uptight family to ever seem to behave in a relaxed manner. So, when she was left alone with him, she tended to forget to behave like a lady in favor of behaving like a child. After all, she was, in fact, a child! Only seven years old, as a matter of fact, something no one else seemed to particularly care about. She was still expected to behave like a lady. Except with Ava. Even her dad expected her to behave, although that was mostly because he didn't want her to get into trouble with her great-grandparents or grandfather. She'd only been in trouble once, and it was not an experience she cared to repeat.

spaceShe followed the older boy, skipping to keep up with his long strides and slipping her little hand in his own when she caught up. As they approached the concessions, she put her free hand to her face, finger to her chin, expression completely serious and extremely thoughtful. One would think she was contemplating the meaning of life, but no, she merely wondered how many treats she could convince Ava to buy her before he said it was too much. "Candy AND Popcorn, Ava. I waaaaaant... I want the cheesy popcorn. The good cheesy kind, not the yucky one." She knew he'd know the difference. "Aaaaaand... and candy floss! And a chocolate bar! And maybe some gummies!" the child proclaimed excitedly, knowing she'd likely only get one. Maybe two, if Ava were feeling generous. Not that she'd eat it all here; no, the remainders would be stashed in a hidden secret shelf in her wardrobe, for her to snack on at her leisure. The Tempest household wasn't overly fond of sweets. So, she had to take what she could get. "And a lemonade! No, a slushy! A cherry one!" Now that, she certainly wasn't going to get. She was terrible about not knowing when to stop slurping, and always managed a brain freeze. Still, it didn't hurt to try!

❦ ❦ ❦

User Image

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hugging Seph back-- after a fair amount of crouching, since he was a good bit taller even with his average height-- Ava laughed, a wry smile on his face. He wasn't too mad at her. After all, when he was seven, he had had a pretty hard time staying put too. "Uh-huh. Don't make promises you can't keep, young lady," he said mock-sternly, tapping his cousin on the nose. "Just try to stay close, okay? There are a lot of people here," he mused, looking around them again. Hand in hand, the two cousins strode to the stands, Ava carefully listening to Persie's requests, raising an amused eyebrow at some of them. He was considering just sticking with the popcorn but it was a rare day out for the both of them and he was in a particularly good mood due to the film-- Disney and Dreamworks tended to have that effect on him. Mulling over Persie's choices, the teen quickly came to a compromise.

"Hmm, tell you what. We'll get a cheesy popcorn-- yes, the good kind-- each and a packet of gummies. No candy floss, that's too messy, but you can have an extra pack of gummies and a chocolate bar to bring home to last you until the next trip. Sound good?" Ava asked, holding on the ordering of the food for a little while until he got an answer. He was definitely going to take his own advice and stock up on junk food as well while he still could. Especially the popcorn. Popcorn was-- yeah, he really liked popcorn. He figured Persie would be more likely to finish the popcorn before she ate the gummies as opposed to if he got her the floss, which would distract her long enough from the popcorn that there would be leftovers. He was a bit meticulous about food. "And a lemonade," he added, upon hearing her choice of drinks. Ava would get one for himself, though. The mention of the cherry slushy had gotten his appetite rolling. "You know what happens when you get slushies," he told her.

CaraMiakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:36 pm
User Image

❦ ❦ ❦

spacePersephone squeezed him tighter when he lowered himself to hug her back, giggling. "Well, I didn't say the words 'I promise,' so technically I'm not making promises I can't keep!" she told him with a wide grin, quite pleased with herself. She'd just learned the meaning of the word technically that week, and was delighting in using it. It was by far her new favorite word... although she wasn't entirely sure why. When he asked her to stay close, her expression grew solemn, and she gave a firm nod. She wouldn't stray to far from him, ever. She'd been told horror stories about being kidnapped because she ran to far away... and Finding Nemo had scared her quite a bit! So no, she wasn't keen on getting too far from Ava.

spaceShe watched his expression as he considered her request for snacks. When she spoke, she gave a slight pout, but broke into to a smile a second later, clapping a bit. Honestly, she hadn't expected to make out half as well as she had... he was being unusually generous today. Typically he'd have said she had to choose between the gummies and the chocolate bar. "But what if we don't come back for a long time? Will you get me one of the big chocolate bars?" She knew that one of the average sized ones would barely last her a month, which was a long time, really, but it'd only last that long because she would be rationing it... and it wasn't possible to stretch it any thinner than that. And a month seemed like a long time, but there was a chance they wouldn't make it to the movies again for a long while. Such opportunities were few and far between, unfortunately. They had to wait until Great-Grandmother and Great-Grandfather were gone, which rarely happened because both were retired. She could do without the candy floss, honestly, but the candy bar needed to be a big one. Sh did pout a bit over him saying she couldn't have a slushy. "Nothing happens when I eat slushies!" Her tone was insistent, as if she couldn't imagine what he was talking about, but she knew... she did tend to make a bit of a mess. Last time, he'd had to wash the cherry syrup out of her hair, and her father'd positively panicked over someone catching her with red stains on her dress before he had a chance to remove them. But, that had been ages ago! She could be clean this time, she knew it! Except, it would be dark in the theater... hm. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to go with the lemonade, she admitted to herself. Not that she'd ever say it out loud! If she did, she'd never get another slushy, ever again! That would be awful. She shuddered at the thought.

❦ ❦ ❦

User Image

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:04 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane stood silently with Alasdair, looking around at the people in the line and glaring at each one for nine seconds each. Once the air had turned negative by his hands, just as he liked it, he turned back to his older nephew and offered a small quirk at the end of his lips. Lassie had been pretty busy lately, and as much as Thane hated to admit it, he liked having time to spend some sort of time with his nephew. Plus, popcorn and a crappy movie was always a bonus.
It was getting warmer now that it was on the cusp of summer, and after a few minutes Thane had to take off his sweatshirt.
"Why can't it be winter all year," he muttered under his breath.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
Eleven Years Old Unsorted Hogwarts Student Grecian/American Half-Blood

Kalin loved winter but he also loved when the cold receded and was replaced with the warmth of spring and summer. He especially loved it now since he had never experienced a winter like the one he and Wyatt had. He had gotten to play in real honest to goodness snow! California certainly didn't have that! But the best part of the winter holiday was at Christmas he had been gifted a fluffy white Akita puppy much to his surprise and excitement. He had been wanting a dog for as long as he could remember, far longer than the move, so he hadn't thought his brother would take his pleads seriously. Especially not as serious as to get not only one puppy but also a near full-grown English Bullmastiff! Moose, as he had been aptly named, was almost the size he was now but was as docile and sweet as his own little puppy. It was especially funny to see him go clamoring after his big brother for a ride in his motorcycle. He had many pictures of the pair with the large dog sitting in the side car with a helmet perched on his happy head. Of course, the worst part of the holidays had been when Wyatt had told him about Dhyl and what he had done. Kalin couldn't comprehend why the happy and clearly loved teen would do something so terrible, especially considering how close the three of them had gotten during the summer before. He had been out of sorts for a while but was slowly getting himself back together, especially with the help of his little Angel. His little bundle of fur was taking a short potty break allowing him to take a breather and look around, which was when he spotted a familiar buzz cut and grinned brightly. Waiting for his puppy to finish he jogged over to him with Angel running eagerly beside him until they reached Thane. "Thane! Wow, it's been so long since we've seen each other! How are you? Did you like the treats I sent you for the holidays?" For Christmas, since they hadn't exactly traded holiday lists, he had sent his temperamental friend a tin of his homemade Christmas cookies as well as a tin of fudge to share with his nephew. That thought made Kalin turn and look at the older male standing with him and smile somewhat shyly. "Hi, my name's Kalin Abrams. I'm Thane's friend." the American boy said definitively.
Kai Sparrowheart

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:37 pm
User Image

Alasdair Douglas Findlay
Twenty-One~Muggleborn

User Image

Alasdair turned around when he heard a little voice talking to Thane, and the man almost couldn't contain his excitement when he heard the word "friend."
Thane was standing awkardly, his face all red with his hands in his pockets. Once it became obvious all he was going to do was wave, Alasdair had to step in."Yes, he did. He ate all of it in one sitting while having a Star Wars marathon," he said with a grin, holding his hand out to Thane's acquaintance. Thane punched his arm, apparently frustrated at the mention of his secret nerd moment.
"I'm Alasdair, nice to meet you. I'm surprised you managed to befriend this kid. Normally he wouldn't let someone besides me within twenty feet of him."

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Kalin grinned brightly as Alasdair answered his question and was happy that Thane had enjoyed his treats. He cocked his head in confusion as he spoke of Star Wars before remembering what it was. "That's cool, I've never seen all of it before. Actually, I've never seen a full movie. Every time it came on TV back at home my Mom would pull me away for something or other." he shrugged trying not to let the sadness linger when he thought of his deceased mother. He chuckled as he brought up his friend's prickly nature and had to agree. "It wasn't easy, I sort of had to bribe him with handfuls of cookies." he admitted bashfully. Just then Angel, who had been running in and out of her master's legs noticed that there was another little boy in front of her and grew excited. What if gave good pets like her little master did?! She barked and wagged her tail excitedly before running over to Thane and sniffing him in greeting. Kalin noticed her excitement and giggled. "Despite his attitude it seems I'm not the only one who likes him." he said amused.

Kai Sparrowheart

Put an X on the floor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane gave both of them withering glares, until he heard Kalin talk about his mother. He sort of remembered hearing about her death when the two first spoke. It was going to kill him, but he had to be nice. About this. This he understood. Throwing a glare at Alasdair for getting him into this but knowing he would've been nagged into it by the elder anyway, he turned to Kalin and offered a diluted smile.
"If you wanted...you could come over and watch them with me. I mean...if you want to."
He actually just said that. Damn. There went any Kalinless future he had planned for himself. Thane was alone by choice; Kalin wasn't. As much as he disliked it, he felt a weird kind of empathy. Alasdair grinned behind them and stepped up closer to the counter. Thane was about to move too when he felt something at his feet. It was a puppy. Practically yelling, he jumped backwards into his nephew.
"What is that and why is it cute?"

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Kalin saw the glare being directed towards him and his nephew but since he knew the truth it didn't hurt as badly as it usually would. However he couldn't stop his jaw from dropping in shock when Thane asked if he would like to come over and watch the movies with him. He was tempted to ask if he was feeling alright but with his luck the boy would feel offended and take back the offer. "Th-that would be awesome! Thanks!" he exclaimed. He jumped at Alasdair's yell before laughing at his words while Angel thought they were playing a game and gave a yip before bounding after the man but tripped over her large feet and landed at the feet of Thane. She looked up at him with her large blue eyes and whined practically melting the hearts of any man, woman, and child within vicinity.
Kai Sparrowheart

Put an X on the floor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 pm
User Image

Alasdair Douglas Findlay
Twenty-One~Muggleborn

User Image

Alasdair rose both eyebrows when Thane did what he had been hoping the boy would do. Where had his little monster gone? The puppy also was pretty cute, even though Thane wasn't accustomed to animals.
Noticing they were basically at the ticket counter, he turned to Kalin and gave a small smile while Thane tried to hide from the puppy.
"So Thane's friend, would you like to come in with us or are you dog-sitting?"

Thane shot his uncle a look before returning his gaze back to the animal before him. He was an award-winning staring contest champion and he obviously wasn't going to let an ungodly-cute animal win. Thane was red-faced and Alasdair idly wondered why while he waited for the person in front of them to move on.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Kai Sparrowheart

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:35 pm
User Image
                                                  I had a dream the other night
                                                  About how we only get one life
                                                  Woke me up right after two
                                                  Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                  So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ||Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick appeared with a pop outside the theatre where he and Cait were going to. They had decided to take a night to themselves away from home to just do something. Considering the hours the both of them worked, it was a nice break. He leaned back and waited for Cait to appear, figuring she wasn't that far behind. He looked at the list of movies playing and wondered what Cait would be interested in. He wasn't sure, and figured he could survive through a romance flick if he had to. He just wasn't that big on them, to be honest. Besides, if it got too terrible, he could always watch his girlfriend instead.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: So, what are we watching tonight?
                                                  Taken By: Caitlin Engels
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                  And yes I know that you could tell
                                                  But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                  When I go flying off the edge
                                                  You go flying off as well

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:00 pm
User Image

User Image
You are the melody that plays thought my veins
Over and over, again and again
Your sweet affection, I know it won't change

╔════════════════════════════╗
𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 || 𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 𝔸𝕝𝕦𝕞𝕟𝕚 || 𝕄𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟
╚════════════════════════════╝

The was a slight pop! from outside of the theatre with Cait entering very shortly after. Blue eyes sifting around the building for Rick. When she spotted his red hair, she grinned happily. It was so nice to see each other somewhere other than his uncle's house. When Cait neared him, she followed his line of sight to the showing list. Caitlin was hoping for a horror film to be showing, which of course, if Rick didn't want to see, she wouldn't mind. She cleared her throat before switching her gaze back to her boyfriend, "What would you like to see?"

══════════════════════════════
OOC:

A song would last for ever
Further than the sky above
For ever on, cause this is love

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:12 pm
User Image
                                                  I had a dream the other night
                                                  About how we only get one life
                                                  Woke me up right after two
                                                  Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                  So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ||Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick looked over when he heard the pop and spied Cait approaching. He grinned, reaching out and grabbing her hand with his before he returned his gaze to the listing. "Not sure yet, I didn't think to look at the movies out until we got here. Should have though. You have any preferences?" Honestly he could watch anything, but he still wanted Cait's input. He gave her a bit of a grin before he looked back. "How about that new science fiction movie? I heard it's decent."

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: So, what are we watching tonight?
                                                  Taken By: Caitlin Engels
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                  And yes I know that you could tell
                                                  But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                  When I go flying off the edge
                                                  You go flying off as well

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas