Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Walsh Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:49 am
User Image
xVeronica Kiss-Walshxxxxx
xxxx

Time: Summer 2032
Looking: to save the world
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Veronica Kiss was never the type of girl to spend time fantasizing and envisioning her wedding. For years she spent criticizing the whole establishment of marriage. It didn't work for her parents; why would it work for her? However once Gypsy and Jer got engaged and then Jess and Dori she slowly warmed up to the idea. The pregnancy had just been the proverbial straw on the camels back that broke her down to the idea. She loved Toby long before that but to actually confess she wanted to walk down the aisle to marry him was a far different thing. She knew that just because she was having a baby with him (in three short months) didn't guarantee they would have a happily ever after, but Toby wasn't her father and he wasn't her mother and she was sure she was neither too. She was especially not her mother.

Her mother of course had found out about the wedding, since her two brothers were attending, but Ronna had stressed (along with Toby) that the woman was not invited. She had sent a card and even a gift, which turned out to be a blender. A blender Ronna promptly set on fire and then vanished before the flames could spread. Andy had thought the display was "awesome". She felt a bit bad about Nate's reaction though. Nathan might know his sister was a witch but he was terrified of magic thinking it "unnatural". Furthermore Nate brought a date who was muggle-or at least Ronna never saw the girl at Hogwarts and Ronna couldn't imagine Nate dating or asking a girl out (even if he insisted it was just as friends they came).

The wedding was everything Ronna could dream it would be, minus the fact she hadn't exactly envisioned when she first started warming up to the idea to be six months pregnant. It worked though, it was far more traditional than Gypsy and Jer's, which made sense for her and Toby, but there was a twist to all the tradition. The rings were Batman themed, the invitations had been, and the cake was even a lovely split between a traditional cake with yellow ribbon and flower accents and Gotham with the Batman symbol prominently displayed. Colors were yellow, black, and white of course.

The reception began immediately after the wedding, all hosted in the Walsh's cottage's backyard, and Ronna couldn't envision anything more perfect or being happier at that moment as she stood next to her new husband in a simple white dress with a yellow ribbon belt tied above her very obviously pregnant stomach, and yellow flats (and at this point she wasn't even bemoaning not getting to wear heels, even though she was sure everyone was going to forever see her a good three inches at least shorter than she liked to appear. Thankfully she was taller than average). Smiling, she stood up on her tiptoes for a moment, using Toby's shoulder as support, to kiss him on the cheek and said quietly to him with a grin, "Thanks for going along with the Batman theme. It's amazing. Also shows how I lucked out on having the coolest husband to marry out of our group, just don't tell Gypsy or Jer I said that: it would hurt their egos."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                              The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:33 am
In the morning it comes; Heaven sent a hurricane.
Not a trace of the sun, but I don't even run from rain.
Beating out of my chest, my heart is holding on to you...
From the moment I knew you are the air in my breath;
Filling up my love soaked lungs, such a beautiful mess!
Intertwined and overrun, nothing better than this-
And then the storm can come; you feel just like the sun.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby had just turned twenty one a few weeks ago, and now he was married. So that was kind of weird. Not that he was complaining. Getting married, he was pretty sure, now that he'd done it, was highly underrated. He suspected this was the remnants of the wedding nerves talking- and he'd been half convinced Ronna would change her mind at the last minute- but okay, bear with him. He was someone's husband now. He had a wife. They were gonna have a kid. Last year everything had been different, but he was thinking he preferred this year immensely.

Anyways, the wedding had gone off without a hitch, not that his mum, who had been supervising everything like a military commander in heels, would have let there be any hitches. His doubts about her approval of the whole thing had waned seeing the uncommon enthusiasm she had displayed for organizing the whole thing- she wasn't one for debating color swatches or flower choices, but she genuinely enjoyed telling people what to do, something Toby had always suspected. His da had for the most part stayed out of the way, but had looked a bit teary when he saw Toby in his tux, though neither of them commented on it, in a silent father-son agreement.

Now that the ceremony was over and the reception had properly started, he could let himself relax a bit and not worry that he was going to forget his vows or mess up his vows or that he would start crying himself when he saw Ronna come down the aisle. He hadn't started crying; he'd been too stunned to do much but just look at her, because regardless of the fact that she was six months pregnant, she was still the most beautiful girl in white he'd ever seen. She was far too pregnant for heels now, which he thought probably annoyed her a bit, because she had to lean up to kiss him on the cheek.

"You're welcome," he said with a grin, surveying the fairy lights and lanterns set up everywhere, illuminating the dark backyard now that evening had well and truly set in. They could hardly have had a daytime wedding; Lea wouldn't have been able to come. And even if he and his younger brother weren't close, he wanted him here. Even if it was brooding in the corner. Like a vampire. "Alright," he snickered at her compliment. "We'll keep that to ourselves. I mean, I got the coolest wife."

OOC:
mc2

And if you say we'll be alright, I'm gonna trust you, babe.
I'm gonna look in your eyes, and I'll follow you into the light.
Never mind what I knew, nothing seems to matter now;
No one knows where it ends, how it may come tumbling down...
But I'm here with you now; let the world come rush in-
Come down hard, come crushing, all I need is right here beside me.
I'm not enough, I swear it, but take my love and wear it over your shoulders.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:00 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Mother ♫ Chalmes Whitethorne ♫

I can't remember ¢αяιиģ for an нøυя or so.
                                                        ṡταяτε∂ crying and I couldn't ṡτøρ myself.
                                                        I started яυииιиģ but there's иøωнεяεto run to.

Elliryanna had thought the wedding had been strange but very Toby like. Especially since he was now married to Ronna. She bounced Lilah up and down on her hip while her free hand was wrapped in Kory's. She really didn't want to lose her children on accident. That wouldn't go over well with her father or Chalmes. Chalmes was here with her as well and was currently attempting to keep Chance in line while also entertaining Lillith. 2 babies and 2 toddler/children was not an easy job.

She sighed and winced when Lilah yanked on her hair, before heading over to Toby and Ronna to congratulate them. She grinned and finally let go of Kory's hand to wrap her free arm around Toby's shoulders in a hug.
                                                        "Congrats Tobes." She chuckled. To her, he would always be her adorable little beater, but now he was all grown up and married. She supposed she had changed a lot too. She had 4 children and wasn't dating Cameron anymore.

Kory glanced up at the groom and grinned before hugging his legs excitedly.
                                                        "Congrats Uncle Toby!" He squealed. To him any of his mum's friends were uncles or aunts or grandpas and grandmas depending on their age. It didn't matter that he'd never met Toby in his life. He twirled around, showing off his pink skirt and grinned even wider. "Do you like my skirt??? Mummy says that it looks like something she would wear when she was a kid. I wanna be just like mummy when I grow up! Except I wanna be an auror and fight bad guys like Wolverine does with his cool claws. When I go to Hogwarts will they teach me how to get cool claws like Wolverine?" He continued to ramble on, and all Elli could do was smile apologetically at Toby for her son. He was a handful, and apparently loved skirts and dresses and the colour pink. She was just letting him do what he liked. She would rather he be happy and strange than unhappy and normal.

At that moment, Lilah chose to squeal loudly right in her ear, and she winced and started bouncing her on her hip again. She couldn't wait til the girls were older and less... squealy. According to her father though, they would only get squealier if they were anything like herself and Verily.

Well it ωαṡ cool cool, it was just all ¢øøℓ.
                                                        Now it's over for мε, and it's over for ÿøυ.
                                                        Let's see how ƒαя we've ¢øмε.
                                                        I believe the ωøяℓ∂ is вυяиιиģ to the ground.

The Forgotten Weasley
mc2
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:03 am
User Image
xVeronica Kiss-Walshxxxxx
xxxx

Looking: to save the world

Veronica grinned knowing very much that Gypsy and Jer would definitely disagree with Toby's assessment that she was the coolest as well. Jess would probably, too. Ronna never saw herself as particularly cool, if anything she was more likely to be seen as the responsible and boring of their group of friends. She supposed the responsible image sort of went out the door when the news of her pregnancy spread.

"Thanks," Ronna said to Toby as Elli came up to congratulate them both, or at least Toby. Elli had always liked Toby, adopting him much as Ronna had adopted Theo. As for herself, Ronna always had a sinking suspicion that Elli still saw her as the immature and argumentative second year who was too hardheaded for her own good. Granted things had changed very much so. Ronna was now married to Toby and pregnant with his child and Elli was a mother herself. Even when the toddler Kory pipped up with his congratulations and that he wanted to grow up just like his mum, Ronna only felt the slightest temptation to suggest he might not want to be exactly like his mother.

"What would you do with wolverine claws?" Ronna said with a bemused laugh. "Besides a wand is way more cool and Wolverine is only so awesome because of his healing powers." She was distracted from going in depth more about Marvel comics with the child when a squeal broke her attention. Elli seemed to be able to calm the babe fairly quickly and Ronna had a sudden feeling she should be taking notes from the former quidditch captain. After all in three months or less Ronna would likely have her own screaming infant to worry about.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:50 pm
In the morning it comes; Heaven sent a hurricane.
Not a trace of the sun, but I don't even run from rain.
Beating out of my chest, my heart is holding on to you...
From the moment I knew you are the air in my breath;
Filling up my love soaked lungs, such a beautiful mess!
Intertwined and overrun, nothing better than this-
And then the storm can come; you feel just like the sun.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby was a little surprised to see Elli, even though he had, after all, invited her. He hadn't actually seen the girl- woman, he guessed, she was about three years older, since her last year at Hogwarts. Seeing her with a little boy, two infants, and some guy he definitely knew had never been in Hogwarts while he was there, was still a bit jarring. The girl he remembered as a teenage Quidditch captain who'd treated him like a younger brother was now a mother of four.

But he was glad to see Elli, regardless, and hugged her back with a teasing, "Thanks, Captain,", before blinking a bit in surprise when the little boy charged him, hugging his legs. Toby had never seen this kid before, but he was certainly enthusiastic, and he grinned back when the boy did a twirl. He crouched down, not caring if he messed up his clothes. "Do I like it? Definitely. And I never heard of a spell for Wolverine claws when I was there, but if you can't transfigure them, I bet you could make up a spell yourself that could do it."

Ronna was taking a slightly more realistic (and very Ronna) approach to the question and Elli was smiling apologetically, but Toby was happy to indulge the kid. He'd genuinely enjoyed being a big brother when he was growing up, even if he hadn't always been the brother of the year, and he'd always liked kids. He was more excited than he'd expected about his impending fatherhood, now that he'd had six months to get used to the idea, and he honestly couldn't wait until the baby was born.

OOC:
mc2

Devlyn Maycry

And if you say we'll be alright, I'm gonna trust you, babe.
I'm gonna look in your eyes, and I'll follow you into the light.
Never mind what I knew, nothing seems to matter now;
No one knows where it ends, how it may come tumbling down...
But I'm here with you now; let the world come rush in-
Come down hard, come crushing, all I need is right here beside me.
I'm not enough, I swear it, but take my love and wear it over your shoulders.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:26 pm
User Image
xNathan Smithxxxxx
xxxx
Dressed: formerly

Nate had been sure to check at least three times with his sister to be assured that no magic was going to be at the wedding before he bothered to ask Beth to the wedding. He had half thought she might say no, but was relieved she said yes. It was far better hanging out with her then being along among a bunch of people who could turn him into toads with a wave of a stick. Well there was his brother, but Andy had some brilliant plan to try to win the affections of one of the bridesmaids who happened to be one of their sister's old schoolmates. Danielle or something, Nate thought the girl was named for the longest time till he actually met her and was introduced to her as Dani short for Danica. Nate had spent most of his time trying to tune out his brother's obnoxiousness. Andy also had some mad plan to do his 'brotherly duty' by keeping one of their sister's friends, some guy named Theo who Nate had yet to meet, as far away from Toby and Ronna as possible. At least Andy was too distracted to pester Nate about his date.

Nate looked to Beth who was looking particularly pretty in a dress, though it was a bit of an unusual look for her who was usually laid back (which was the look he honestly preferred for her, not that his opinion mattered), and said, "So, um what do you want to do, first? I mean we can dance or get snacks first before I stop by and congratulate my sister." Oh great, Nate thought, way to be awkward. He couldn't help but be distracted when he thought he heard the words 'charms' from a nearby group talking. Great, so much for not having Beth find out about magic. Maybe she'd just think everyone was mental and the night would go without a hitch.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:15 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxSome Wedding
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNate
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnnoyed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

løαḋ υρ øṉ ģ υ ṉ ṡ αṉḋ вɾïṉģ ÿøυɾ ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ ṡ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ïτ'ṡ ƒ υ ṉ τø l ø ṡ ε αṉḋ τø ρ ɾ ε τ ε ṉ ḋ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ṡhε'ṡ øṿεɾ в ø ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ ṡεlƒ α ṡ ṡ υ ɾ ε ḋ xxxxxx
                                                          øh ṉ ø , ï ќṉøώ α ḋ ï ɾ τ ÿ ώ ø ɾ ḋ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceBeth wasn't sure which thing was weirder, the fact that Nate had asked her to come to a wedding with him, or the fact that she'd said yes. Weddings, she thought, were not a 'normal' sort of thing to ask someone who was just your friend to. You were supposed to ask a girlfriend, or at least a girl you had a thing for. But Beth had yet to notice a girl in Nate's life he had a thing for, aside from possibly herself. But she wasn't sure if he actually did like her, or she was just reading too much into it because she wanted him to. Ever since New Year's, she hadn't been able to shake the feeling that he knew. He'd seemed much more at ease with her, something she wasn't used to boys being. Even Dom seemed uncomfortable with her sometimes, and he was her best friend. There was no reason for Nate to be so... comfortable. She liked to think that maybe it was just that the movie night had broken the ice, so to speak, but given what'd happened, she wasn't sure how to deal with the fact that he seemed more relaxed around her, not less. If he had a thing for her, he'd be less, right? Unless, of course, he knew that the feeling was mutual, but if that was the case, why the hell hadn't he made a move? Unless asking her to the bloody wedding had been a move, but if that was the case, she'd have liked it if he'd specified that.

spaceShe felt weird, being at the wedding of a couple she didn't know, surrounded by people she'd never met. Plus, she had this weird, almost impossible to ignore sensation that something was... off. Like she was missing something. Which was stupid, since she was missing a lot of things; Nate was literally the only person in attendance she knew, after all. But she felt like there was some important thing right under her nose that she couldn't seem to figure out, and it was driving her nuts. She kept trying to tell herself it was just that this whole situation was bizarre, but for some reason that wasn't very convincing. It was so annoying, she was almost grateful for the distraction provided when Nate finally spoke. It took her a moment to actually hear him, though when she did, she blushed. Dance? He was asking her if she wanted to dance? The brunette narrowed her eyes in a glare, hoping he hadn't noticed her cheeks turn ever so slightly pink. "Food," she said simply. "I'm starving. Hey, so, does your sister know you invited your bitchy friend to her wedding, or am I like, a surprise?" The question was meant to try and regain some of her composure, but she didn't think it'd worked very well. Her monotone had been somewhat not-monotonous, much to her annoyance. Ugh. She was going to have to meet his sister. And probably his infamous brother, who had put Ideas In His Head. At least his mother wasn't here, she thought wryly. She was pretty sure that was a little more than she wanted to deal with today. Plus, you know. She might ruin the wedding by punching the woman.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ώïτh τhε l ï ģ h τ ṡ ø υ τ , ïτ'ṡ lεṡṡ ḋ α ṉ ģ ε ɾ ø υ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxx hεɾε ώ ε α ɾ ε ṉøώ, ε ṉ τ ε ɾ τ α ï ṉ υṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ï ƒεεl ṡ τ υ ρ ï ḋ αṉḋ с ø ṉ τ α ģ ï ø υ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx hεɾε ώ ε α ɾ ε ṉøώ, ε ṉ τ ε ɾ τ α ï ṉ υṡ

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:41 pm
Merrily we fall out of line, out of line...
I’d fall anywhere with you; I’m by your side!
Swinging in the rain, humming melodies;
We're not going anywhere until we freeze.
I’m not afraid, anymore, I’m not afraid...

User Image
J E S S A M I N E
C A T H L I N
W A L S H

Spell InventorFormer HufflepuffHalfblood Twin

Jess didn't really feel like she needed to go over and congratulate her twin on his marriage; she was a bridesmaid, after all, and she wore than happy to stand here and admire the decorations her mum, da, and Vio had put together earlier this week. Now they were on full display, and for the backyard she'd spent many years running around in, it looked pretty damn good. The Walshes knew how to throw a party. She'd been happy to see Toby get married, anyways. When she was little, because they were twins, she'd always thought they'd get married on the same day, because it seemed like the rule for twins was to do everything together. Obviously, she knew that wasn't true now. She and Toby weren't little kids anymore, they were adults, and they deserved their own separate weddings. Besides, she'd never pretended to be a Batman fan. On the other hand, she was very much a Dr. Who fan, so if they just left these fairy lights and lanterns up and swapped some of the decorations- The brunette snorted to herself for a moment, and then was distracted by admiring the way the lights made her nails gleam. She'd worked hard on them this morning, when she wasn't making fun of Toby for his pre-wedding nerves.

OOC:
Username

Carefully we'll place our destiny...
You came and you took this heart, and set it free!
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me!
I’m torn, I’m torn to be right where you are...
You so know me, pinch me gently, I can hardly breathe.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 am
User Image
xNathan Smithxxxxx
xxxx
Dressed: formerly

Nate waited for her response, noting that Beth seemed distracted at the moment. Distracted by the decorations and people she didn't know (and he didn't really either) milling around. It was a lot to take in and his sister and her fiance-correction husband-had decided to go for a theme wedding of Batman. It wasn't his cup of tea but he wasn't the one getting married. He always felt that theme weddings were something that you'd look back at and groan at some phase you were going through. At least Batman was something that had been around since the 1940s or so and was still going strong. Maybe his sister was just one of those people who never grew out of comic books, which meant if he did luck out and hit it big for acting or writing ever she would probably insist for him to sign up for some comic book movie at one point or another. Or maybe he was getting his mother's pushiness confused with his sister, they did look similar and it wasn't like he had as much time to get to know his half sister. Andy knew her better than he did and Andy still wasn't all that close to her, he seemed to hit it off well with Toby, though. Probably bonding over their hatred of Ronna's friend Theo which seemed awfully petty to Nate. He was sure Beth would suggest if he brought up the matter that it was something to do with male egos wanting to show off and express dominance.

When Beth finally answered after a pause she met him with a slightly more stern glare than he thought was typical. Did he say something wrong? Maybe he shouldn't have suggested dancing. Was that too date like? Beth had made it clear that she wasn't interested in him like that. Or that is what she said. How she acted around him still confused him. She hadn't gotten nearly as mad during the incident at movie night as he thought she would. And she had even said yes to the wedding without much complaint. He couldn't, also, shake the feeling that she was acting different whenever he said an offhand compliment. She used to greet them with lectures or threats, now he could almost sense a pause before her glare. He had to be imagining things, right? Wishful thinking. Besides Nate was good with being considered just a friend by Beth, it meant she at least liked him in one fashion or another and he hated not being liked at all. He'd rather her like him more but wasn't an idiot he reasoned.

"You're not bitchy," Nate answered, "or I wouldn't describe you that way." Nate didn't tend to curse when describing someone so he figured Beth would believe him when he had amended the statement to say that isn't how he'd describe her. Maybe a bit of a shrew at times he'd describe her. Or prickly. But that was just a part of her personality and how she protected herself, Nate didn't exactly fault it. Bitchy was for girls who were just mean and catty for no reason.

Heading over to the buffet tables loaded with food and where the cake stood, half Batman themed and half traditional wedding cake, he said, "She knows I brought a friend, I mean I only asked her at least three times it was okay if I asked you before I asked you, so no surprise. Ronna was really cool about the whole thing, though." He shrugged, "She usually is, though. She might look a lot like Mum but she's definitely nothing like her. Probably why they hate each other so much."

He offered Beth a plate before he got his own and added, "You'll like her. Mum had sent me with a gift to give her and my sister set it on fire. Seems like your sort of thing." Except Beth would have used a lighter or matches (or a blow torch) instead of a wand. Ronna setting the gift on fire, while admirable and amusing (though Andy was at least ten times more amused than Nate had been), set Nate at unease as it reminded him of the freaky sort of things his sister could do because she was a witch.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:23 pm
Hold up, hold on, don't be scared.
You'll never change what's been and gone.
'Cause all of the stars are fading away...
Just try not to worry; you'll see them some day.
Take what you need, and be on your way-
And stop crying your heart out...

User Image
C O R A
M E R C Y
W A L S H

Former GryffindorSt. Mungo's HealerPurebloodMother

Cora had utterly no qualms about sitting now, seeing as she felt as if she had been on her feet for hours, and she hadn't even been the one getting married. She rested her head on her husband's shoulder, and was glad she had reached the age where she no longer cared what impression she gave off in public. Was her dress a bit too risque for mother-of-the-groom? Possibly. Did she care? No. This was her home; she'd wear whatever she damn well pleased, and besides that, she and Gare might just be the oldest people in attendance, aside from her parents.

It was hard not to think about your own wedding at your first married child's reception. She and Gare had been married for 23 years since this past spring, and while they'd had their ups and their downs, they were still very much in love. Cora hoped it would be the same for Toby and Ronna, especially since they were about to be parents. And she was about to be a grandmother, which she maintained she was far too young for.

"Toby looked just like you for a few moments there," she told Gare, and the Irish man snorted.

"Never heard that one before, Cor." She punched him in the arm, softly, and he winced. "Oi, come on now. I'm gettin' on in years. Be gentle."

"He did," the blonde woman insisted, ignoring his teasing. "When he was looking at Ronna while they were saying their vows. It was just what you looked like when we got married."

"Like I was about to piss myself?", he asked in a mutter, but his brown eyes were gleaming in amusement.

"More like you couldn't believe your luck," she retorted fondly, and squeezed his hand on the table under the fairy lights.

OOC:
Quote:

Get up, come on, why're you scared?
You'll never change what's been and gone.
We're all of us stars; we're fading away.
Just try not to worry, you'll see us some day.
Take what you need, and be on your way-
And stop crying your heart out...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:56 pm
User Image
User Image

Although Alexandria liked the idea of feeling like royalty, she was starting to get over this whole wedding idea. In just the last couple years, she has been to more weddings than she would have liked. However, Gypsy and Jer’s wedding was anything but boring, and she did enjoy the Batman theme that Ronna and Toby had decided to incorporate into their backyard wedding. “Don’t you think this whole Batman theme makes getting married less lame? I want something like this at my wedding,” Alex stated, nudging Crash lightly in the ribcage as she gazed at the half white, half black cake. The couple had never spoken about getting married – they only moved in together last summer and had had many commitment issues in the past – so Alex refrained from saying their wedding. Scaring her boyfriend off before he even proposed wasn’t her intention. Actually, if Crash did propose, it would probably only scare her off. The idea of getting married seemed so foreign. How was she supposed to know whether or not the man she had fallen in love with was the one she’d stay in love with forever?

Alexandria turned around and locked eyes on Ronna. She wasn’t that hard to see – her beautiful white gown and golden blonde hair practically glowed, even in the dark. As Alex stared at her, she wondered how the girl who had been so against marriage and weddings had turned into a woman who was getting married at twenty one years old? What was it that made her do a complete one eighty and settle down with Toby? Perhaps she had a feeling in her gut that told her he was the one. Or maybe he wanted to get married, and she took a leap of faith and said yes. Or maybe it was the fact that Ronna had gotten pregnant before getting married, but Alex refused to believe that was the only reason a hard headed, stubborn, argumentative witch would give in to marriage. She knew plenty of bastards, and that wasn’t as frowned upon now as it had been decades ago.

You can tap into the strength you never knew you had
...........................You can breathe into your faith no matter where you're at

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Just close your eyes and change your life........
Like the air

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:31 pm
User Image

Alarms will ring for eternity
                                                The waves will break every chain on me
                                                My bones will bleach
                                                My flesh will flee
                                                So help my lifeless frame to breathe

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴇᴄᴇɴᴛ Gʀᴀᴅᴜᴀᴛᴇ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Te

When Dani learned Veronica and Toby were getting married she was a bit surprised, as she knew her friend's views on marriage and what came with it, especially since she was focusing on her career at the Ministry as a Witch-Watcher. She was delighted when the invitation arrived, and she learned her friend asked her to be a bridesmaid. She, of course, accepted the honour without a second thought; how could she not, after all they all but sisters, and if nothing else, she would have this to keep her occupied rather than obsessing over when the owl bearing her grades and her fate would arrive. It wasn't a fear that she flunked so much as the fear her grades wouldn't be high enough to give her the chance at what she wanted.

Dani immediately took to the whole Batman meme, it was fun, and decidedly untraditional, which suited her friends well. Veronica was positively radiant in her white gown, and her covergirl looks were accentuated by her ... 'delicate condition', as her grandmother would phrase it. She was happy for her friends, and glad the event went off seemingly without a hitch. Now, it was the reception, and the chance for all concerned to relax a little.

Looking around, she saw Toby's mother, Cora, whom, if things worked out for her, Dani figured she might work under at St. Mungo's. She also saw Alex, her old Housemate and teammate, and her boyfriend Crash, though she hadn't seen Bella yet. Dani also hoped to see Veronica's cute brother, Andrew, though she did see her other brother, Nathan and his date, a girl whom Dani also didn't recognize from school, and so assumed she was of the Non-Wizarding sort as well. She also spotted Jess, Toby's twin sister, whom she knew more for her time on Hufflepuff's Quidditch team than anything else.

She approached Toby and Veronica as the subject of Wolverine's claws popped up. "Maybe some variant of Animal Transfiguration?" Dani offered. "I used that to turn the lower half of me into a mermaid for my NEWT. Given a choice, yeah, I'd take the Regeneration. A spell like that would be really handy at St. Mungo's." She hugged Toby, and then Veronica before adding, "Oh, this is so great; you two pulled this off so well today."

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════

OOC:

And God knows I'm not dying but I bleed now
                                                And God knows it's the only way to heal now
                                                With all the blood I lost with you
                                                It drowns the love I thought I knew

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:20 am
User ImagexAndrew Smithxxxxx
xxxx

Time: 2032-2033
Dressed: as one of the groomsmen

Andrew had gone to the buffet table first getting some cake and drinks, making sure to get two since he had saw Danica not go that way and figured he might as well make it so she didn't have to wait in line as well as he did. Though he was so flustered about not knowing what his sister's adopted sister might like he end up ordering water for himself and her, though he was curious about what seemed to be one of the more popular drinks: butterbeer. Even some of the kids (or prep school aged and secondary school aged) were drinking it. Obviously it wasn't regular beer or wizards had different laws about drinking. It wouldn't surprise him, they had different ages of being an adult, and they probably had some magic cure for a hangover and any negative effects of drinking.

Andy had planned to work to keep Theo away from his sister (and especially Danica who was single and pretty and obviously smart, but may have bad choices in guys considering she took after his sister in personality and Ronna did have an affection for Theo even if his sister married a pretty awesome guy), but it seemed the guy had yet to make his appearance. Maybe he figured out he wasn't that well liked by most of the people surrounding Veronica and decided not to come. It probably would make Ronna annoyed or upset if that was the case but Andy felt that the less Theo showed his face around polite company or Toby or himself the better.

Juggling two plates of cake and two drinks, Andy came over to where Toby and Veronica was along with Danica and some redhead with a young boy in a skirt (maybe drag wasn't drag for wizards) and a baby in her arms. Apparently they were talking about X-men, but unlike an ordinary conversation they were talking about how they could make something like Wolverine's claws into a reality. And Dani even mentioned how she was able to transform herself into a mermaid... or at least get a mermaid tail. "I'd like to see that," Andrew said with a grin to Dani. "NEWTs are like A-levels right? Sounds like the NEWTs are more awesome though... I mean magic right? Why can't I be magical like my sister is beyond me."

"It would probably kill your mother and your Dad would want to write some big expose and get a bit of the lime light again as a reporter,"
                                                      Ronna pointed out dryly.

"Nah Dad wouldn't do that if Mum told him not to, and if Mum keeled over from the shock, all the better for us, right sis?" Andy joked before looking a bit abashed at Ronna's narrowed eye look. Man pregnant women could be scary. "What? She's your mother too and you don't like her. You set her gift on fire..." He sighed and held out one of the plates of cake and water to Danica, "Anyways, care for some cake or a drink? I mean its only water since I didn't know what you like but at least you don't have to wait in a crazy line, right?" He added with a grin to Dani.

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:05 pm
Staring blindly through a blizzard,
Chasing after your restless heart.
Mind is buzzing like a helicopter...
Cutting quickly through the dark!
Smoke is pouring from my windows,
And I'm reaching out my hand...
Hoping someone's at my fingertips;
That can help me understand!

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Uriel sort of felt like half of the dates he and Lyv went on were weddings. Their first date had been to a wedding, after all, and here they were again, not even a year later, at his younger brother's. Not that he had any sort of beef with marriage or weddings, and he was obviously happy for Toby, even if he was pretty sure Ronna still thought of him as a teenaged git. He still hadn't expected Toby to be getting married before him, not that he expected to be getting married anytime soon himself. He and Lyv had only been dating since the past winter, which was really no time at all compared to other couples they knew, and while Uriel was pretty sure he might be in love, that didn't mean he wanted to rush anything.

Eldest sibling aside, he was still only twenty two. Though marrying young was pretty common, judging from all the marrying going on as of late, that didn't mean he was going to assume he was late to the party or anything. A lot of these people, like his brother and his new wife, had been together since Hogwarts. That said, the wedding had been perfectly suited to Ronna and Toby, and they were now doing the usual congratulations-receiving as the reception started. He didn't feel any need to rush over, because Toby was his little brother, even if he was taller and married, and also because, new husband or not, Toby would most certainly tease him and Lyv at the sight of them together. Uriel's family knew they were dating, but he generally preferred to not broadcast his relationship everywhere.

He glanced over at Lyv with a small smile. "Food, drinks, or dance? Or we could just sit." He didn't really mind either way; he was completely comfortable here. This was where he'd grown up, after all. Lots of memories of chasing around his siblings in this grass.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The stars are bound to change.
Hold on, hold on, wait for another day.
Hold on, hold on, the future's not that far away.
Yelling for the sun as the water rises-
Feeling like smoke, filling up your eyes!
Swinging at a ghost, go and lock that door,
Leave that wreckage, let it wash ashore.
Go save yourself up, it's a hell of a ride...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:55 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A C A T L I N B L Y T H E

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

User Image

If she was dating anyone but Uriel, she'd be thinking he was trying to hint at something by continually inviting her to weddings. But this was Uriel and he just happened to know a lot of people getting married. Hell she knew a lot of people getting married too. It wasn't like she was unfamiliar with Toby and Ronna. She had competed against them in Quidditch at school, and she knew that Elli would be getting married soon now that she wasn't pregnant. Michael wouldn't let it not happen. She would be a Whitethorne soon.

Beyond that she wasn't sure of anyone else that would be getting married soon, but she was sure they would appear. It seemed to be wedding fever recently or something. And it wasn't like she didn't want to get married. But she hadn't even been dating for a year yet, and she wasn't one for moving fast. She wasn't even sure she was in love or not yet. She definitely liked Uriel... a lot actually. She had even had a crush on him back in school before she dated West. And here they were years later dating. So maybe that was the universe telling them they were soul mates or something. She shrugged that thought away and glanced at Uriel when he asked what she wanted to do.

She glanced around and then shrugged awkwardly. It had only just hit her that this was indeed Uriel's home, or well his former home. He'd grown up here. She didn't know why, but that thought had suddenly made her feel rather awkward. Like she was stepping into his memories or something. "Um.... We could dance... I guess." She said, offering a small smile at him.

She had always considered him cute, of course, but he looked....rather handsome in the suit and tie. She was used to seeing him either in his healer uniform scrubs, or just normal clothes while he bothered her in Sugarplums. Not that he was a bother, but he did like to show up and eat all her sweets to "test" them. She didn't mind though. She enjoyed spending time with him, and her shop was mostly empty anyways. She made all her money through owl orders rather than actual people in the shop.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces