Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Fairway Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:32 pm
User Image
I don't wanna be told to grow up
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

The fairway was busy, and Jer found himself in his element. He'd been separated from the rest, but it didn't bother the young wizard. On the contrary, he felt he could probably work the crowd well here. Smirking, he swept off his hat and set a bag down. He'd chosen this spot because it seemed to be a good enough place for people to see him. He then grinned broadly. "Ladies and gen's, boys an' girls, I am Jeremy th' Magnificen'. I shall amaze an' astound ya with my skill o' sleigh' o' han'. Now, if ya wanna gather 'roun', I'll star' th' show."

-------------------------------------------
State: Performing
OOC:
-------------------------------------------

I don't wanna be told to grow up
and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
cause I'm not gonna change
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:06 pm
User Image

Ⓓⓞⓛⓞⓡ
Fortune Teller

A mischievous twinkle marveled in her stony eyes of blackened coal, charred and rotten. The young boy was unversed in the affairs of might and magic, so it seemed, and yet she smiled nonetheless, ever curious of what his future might hold. One long and bony finger protruded from a freckled arm upon the silver coin that lingered in his hand, and her greedy eyes traced the lines etched in his palm. Just then, a pair of children strode forth diligently and one promptly spoke forth. An ambitious tongue she had, Dolor noted in haste, though untamed, of course.

It was best that way anyway.

"Cradle the earth as an unborn children, and sing like the fire of the mockingbird birthed in ash. Come closer child, drop sickles five. Come closer child, drop sickles five if you'd have your fortune told." Her smile leeched upon her flesh as she waited with twinkling eyes upon the three.

[ooc:// if anyone wants any specific idea or theme for their fortune, feel free to pm me]

User Image

Translations:// //

Xistund
murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kenny nodded and pulled out four more of the silver coins and gave it to the woman. "Here you go"He said with a smile as he looked up at her to hear his fortune.

User Image
OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:46 pm
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Age Ten

Mira Ani Mitchell
Age Seven

User ImageUser Image Location: Circus Maisc

“You’re welcome. I’m Grace by the way. Most just call me Gracie.” Grace told Kenny with a big smile. At least she wasn’t bothering anyone. Leonette found it hard to believe but she went along with it anyways. Leonette took out the five sickles needed for her sister to have her fortune read. She didn’t need to know the future and personally Mira probably had no interest. Handing it to Grace she knew she’d be happy to get her fortune read. “And I’m up next.” Grace stated happily holding out the money.

Neither girl noticed that Mira had disappeared and wandered off somewhere. She was told not to but like any trouble making kid she didn’t listen and was off doing who knows what. Hopefully she too was having fun.

User Image

Grace Nicola Mitchell
Age Five

With: Grace, a boy (Kenny), and a fortune teller
With: People
With: Leo, a boy (Kenny), and a fortune teller

OOC: ---

Essy ze Ninja
Xistund

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 pm
User Image

User Image Location: Circus Maisc

Mira was walking down the fairway looking around as she went by things. She had a small amount of money on hand which she held close to her. For the first time in a while she was glad to be out and about. She knew when her sister found her she wouldn't be able to avoid her wrath however she wouldn't let that bother her now. She stopped at the sound of a boy apparently named 'Jeremy the Magnificent'. 'Yeah right... this I have to see.' Mira thought. Walking over to see his show she just had to see how magnificent he really was.

With: People... Jeremy

OOC: ---

Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 pm
User Image

Looking down on the crowd the White Fox looked for his opportunity to show himself and mingle amongst the people more. If he played his cards right and worked his angle well enough no one would suspect he always wore the mask even when he was away from the circus, or a masked vigilante who roamed the streets looking for wrongs to right.

Mainly the first one though.

Looking down at a young man ready to begin a show of prestidigitation the White Fox could only grin under that fox mask. This he had to see and if he could help the boy out in his presentation, after all without presentation you just had parlor tricks.

With a quick turn and a back flip the white clad wizard sailed throw the air and then vanished in mid air, well in sight of any who would look up. He appeared again holding on to a center pole from one of the large tents. He straightened himself out while holding the pole going completely horizontal and displaying more feats of grace and this time strength. He let go and allowed himself to fall to the tent but vanished with a pop once again this time to appear in the air by the young boy gathering his crowd. A spin and a flip had the masked wizard landing on his feet next to the young man his arms up as any acrobatic performer would do after a great performance.

"Come ladies and gentlemen you heard the young lad. Follow the dancing fox to a show you will remember long after the tents have gone. Parents bring your kids to be awed even in this world of awes, boy's grab your girl and score a few points in the fun department," His voice sounded odd as if many people were speaking at once but in harmony, and with an exaggerated motion the White Fox put his hand beside were his mouth should be mimicking someone trying to keep a secret, "Cash those points in later tonight at the masked ball if you so dare," His hand quickly formed the sign for O.K. and then made a dramatic sweep as he stepped aside giving the young boy his time in the spotlight.

User Image

User Image  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:16 am
When you came in the air went out,
And every shadow there filled up with doubt,

I don’t know who you think you are but before the night is through

𝕺cclumens 𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the Third
𝕳eir of 𝕯uke of 𝖂ales, 𝕾lytherin 𝕬lumni

User Image

Bold colors on bold skin, the performers danced and the children sang with joy on their lips and ecstasy in their hearts. He spat on the ground. A lone cigarette was pressed to his lips and without a source of fire to be found it still sparked to burning life. Dragon hide boots strode diligent in silence, without the threat of the echoing walls of the dungeons he had once grown so accustomed too, he’d never truly be heard—not really. Not by anything human, he was surely quick to correct himself. But the sun crawled high in the sky, and anyway, all he really had was his paranoia, right?

That’s all he really ever had.

Still, a part of his mind couldn’t help but wonder what it was that had happened to Zane all of those years ago. He was a boy once, when he ran away and murdered his sister. And after that? Tay had hoped to assume he was dead…. Until the Family had grasped the attention of the wizards, and, he’d never seen Zane so different—it was curiosity at best—right?

None of that truly compared to the shred of light that had ripped through the darkness with the revelation that Phinelia was alive. Did that mean Colton was as well? He sighed, that demon had still left so much of him inside of Tay, and he hadn’t fought to rid himself of it. Actually, he rather liked it. The memories of Egypt, the slaves, and their world, but it was all so confusing, wasn’t it?

It never really mattered, though. No, nothing did. Not really. He needed to know what had happened to his mother, and in turn, whatever the hell it was that had scarred him so.

Lingering eyes found idle curiosities, though none so intriguing as Michelle and Adalaide.

Now what were they up to?

╔══════════════╗
Height: 6’2” ♜ Weight: 189 ♜ Age: 18
Fairway
╚══════════════╝

User Image

I wanna do bad things with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:48 am
User Image

Ⓓⓞⓛⓞⓡ
Fortune Teller

A humble nod was greedily offered, and her patched, discolored robes bundled together as she bent low over her crystal ball, hunched and crooked, her spine seemed broken as it protruded here and there in the shadows of her robes. The wind swam and the bells chimed that hung on the rich fabric that surrounded her booth. The air teased her hair, and the butterfly wings seemed to burst to life, each one glistening in the sun as the wings begged to fly away. But they were stuck in the red crystals of blood in her hair.

Dark eyes glowed, white and omniscient, and her fingers cusped the crystal ball. All at once, smoke exploded from the crystalline reflection, billowing clouds of smoke in greens, and red, and blues and gold, muddled in the ties of darkness and tormented in the wing of light. Her lips parted as though to a speak and a low, carnal hummmmmm swirled into the air. Her irises faded into the blinding white light, she could see them not. Not anymore.

She saw broken bones, and ripped ant’s legs. She saw the wisp of fire and the clasp of iron melded to a close. She saw the bricks of walls and the breaths that moved them. She saw buttons and zippers, threads and strings, broken and mended through rust, grit, and grime. Swaying in place, softly at first, until she almost thrashed in convulsions.
”Secrets, secrets, they cloud your soul. Secrets, they have them, they have them all! Trusted love bound in secrecy, you know not what they do.

“Secrets riddled in castles and dungeons, in towers and below the portcullis. These secrets devour you whole.

“But not long, not long, not long. These secrets like the martyr. But not long. Ambition in you, I see, my child. They hear you, they see you, they are you; bound and gagged. Like ringed toys on strings, these secrets, they devour you. But not long, not long, not long. You’re destined for more and you’ll see, you’ll see. You’ll join them and their secrets,

“You’ll make them yours! But not long, not long. You’ll use them, wield them, break them, these secrets. But they are yours to break, they are yours to make.

“They left you with these secrets, but you’ll not be lost. Not long, not long… You’ll fight these chains, tooth and nail, and you, my child, will taste freedom so sweet like the blood of the unicorn. You’ll never be trapped again, not for long, not for long…..”
She gasped, fingers clutching her neck as her eyes went wide and slowly leaked with the color of her life in grays, swaying still. But a slow smile spread eager on her flesh.

”An interesting life thou shalt heed when freed from wools of sheep, my child.”

[ooc:// if anyone wants any specific idea or theme for their fortune, feel free to pm me]

User Image

Translations:// //

Xistund
murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 pm
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle stared her best friend, a small ammount of shock registering on her face. She had expected Ada to be against going to see a dragon tamer because it meant live dragons. Ada was always telling Michelle she should 'stay away from danger' and 'be a little safer once in awhile' and yet the Hufflepuff was bouncing around in total agreement to the idea of a dragon. If dragons didn't scream danger then Michelle didn't know what did. She chuckled quietly and shook her head, a small smile crawling onto her lips at her best friend.

"Always full of surprises Miss Blythe." She said with a smile as they continued their way down towards where the dragon tamer was. It had obviously been decided mutually that they were going to see a real live dragon. At Adalaide's enthusiastic questions, Michelle couldn't help but laugh quietly again. "If it's not a a full grown, big, huge one, I say we complain." The Slytherin was expecting a full grown dragon. What fun would it be if the 'tamer' was only taming a baby dragon. Those would be easy to take care of! They were small and slightly less harmful. She wanted to see a full grown, fire-breathing, clawing, biting, dangerous dragon. What more could you ask for from a magical carnival?

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:19 pm
User Image

Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Michellespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, this is going to be so much fun!' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide clapped and bounced a bit when Michelle mentioned complaining if the dragon was less than spectacular. She'd never actually complain, but she would be incredibly disappointed. She smiled widely and turned so she was skipping backwards, a few glances over her shoulder to ensure she didn't run into anyone, but her eyes were mostly on Michelle. "Dragons are amazing. I mean, they're supposed to be impossible to tame, but really I think that people just are too scared of them to really try. I mean, they're huge, and incredibly aggressive. But a lot of really aggressive plants can be trained to be friendly, so I don't see how an animal with an actual brain can be impossible to tame. I mean, I figure they'll always be wild, but you can at least make it so that they are less aggressive towards humans. Muggles do it with zoos. Why can't wizards do it?" Ada felt like, if a muggle with no magic could manage to protect themselves from a lion or tiger and manage to make it act friendly towards humans, or at least act in a non-aggressive manner, there should be a way for a wizard to do it. Even if dragons were much larger than lions and tigers... and they breathed fire.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 pm
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle ran her hand through her hair and watched Ada bounce around and skip backwards, smiling so brightly it could rival the sun. Michelle slid her pale arms around herself and watched her best friend silently as she went on an on about dragons. The tiny girl was hilarious when she was excited. She shook her head, a small smile toying with her lips. "Dragons are a lot bigger than zoo animals..... and they breathe fire." She paused her small smile turning into a playful smirk. A large, dangerous animal that breathed fire.... how much more perfect could it get? She squeezed her arms around her ribs and looked at the ground. She dug her toe into the ground and followed Ada. Her best friend was absolute crazy when she got excited and Michelle thought it was adorable and sweet. Finally Michelle chuckled and caught up to her friend, spinning her around to face forward and draping an arm over her shoulder."Crazy but adorable Adalaide Blythe."

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:20 pm
User Image

Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Michellespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, this is going to be so much fun!' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

Adalaide shrugged. "So what? Muggles manage to tame them without magic, I'm sure we can figure it out with magic. I mean, yeah, Dragons have more going on, but so do we, right?" She paused. "Not that I think we're better than them, of course. But you have to admit, we have distinct advantages. I mean, my mum can't fly away if the dragon starts after her." Ada giggled as Michelle spun her around and put her arm over her shoulder. She still had no idea how the two of them worked as friends, but in moments like these, it made perfect sense. "I am not crazy. You're crazy. I'm the normal one." she said, her tone teasing. She didn't really think she was normal, or that Michelle was honestly crazy, but it was hard to say what exactly they both were. And being interested in dragons didn't make a girl crazy. Pretty much everyone was interested in dragons, weren't they? Even muggles had stories about them, tales of brave knights who attempted to slay them. Now that was crazy. But a cursory interest in them was hardly proof of insanity.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:29 pm
User Image
Can't help if I space in a daze,
My eyes tune out the other way,
I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image

Rose blinked before looking at Nell. She couldn't be sure if the Scot was being serious or not. "Wait, dragon tamers? Isn't that supposed to be like impossible? I mean, they're uber aggresive and everything. They would be one of those things that would be impossible, right?" Rose looked over to Nell as the other girl talked about going to carnivals. "Kind of. They're more rides and attractions, while circuses are more shows and such. Not quite sure though."

----------------------------------
State: Curious
Taken with: Nell Ellis
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

In this head my thoughts are deep,
But sometimes I can't even speak,
Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wearing | Where: The Circus! | With: Rose | Thinking: Candy!!!| OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell giggled at Rose's confusion before pulling her over to the attraction. "It's not impossible, it's just really, really, really hard. But not impossible! Tamers usually get to do really cool tricks and aerial rides with their dragons from what I've read!" she replied still bouncing excitedly. She agreed with her when she spoke of carnivals having more rides and shrugged at her comment. "Who knows? Maybe it's just one of those mysteri-oo! They have candy floss!" Her short attention span struck as she bounded after a candy seller.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25