Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Holt Family Estate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:49 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Home
                                                                Who am I with? Himself
                                                                What am I doing? Leaving.
                                                                What am I thinking? Not letting Elliott do this. I can leave instead...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Running away

Jesse was almost to the walk when he heard the cry from the porch. He froze, then winced mentally as he realized the area was now bathed in light and all the dark clothing in the world wouldn't hide him now. Mentally he cursed himself for not using a disillusionment charm when he could have, and cursed out loud when he heard Kenneth's voice pierce the night. Great, just who he didn't want to run into. He knew Kenneth well enough to know that every attempt for him to leave when he was younger had been thwarted by the older man. At first it was the irrational fear that Paul could somehow track him down. Then it was the fact that his running tally in his head for what he owed Kenneth was getting to the point that he'd never be able to pay the man back if he stayed for too long. He'd given up on the idea of moving out back in fifth year, especially since it seemed like the older man could almost smell when Jesse had been about to leave.

He tensed when Kenneth wrapped an arm around his shoulders as the man asked him where he was going and Jesse ground his teeth together as his lips pressed together. Kenneth knew (he knew!) that Elli wanted to move out, and hadn't said a word to him. No one had. He'd only found out because he'd been stupid enough to eavesdrop in a conversation that he probably wasn't supposed to hear. "I'm not. And you can't lock me in the basement. You won't. You're not Paul." His eyes narrowed as he tried to shove Kenneth's arm off him. Then he had an armful of Sawyer shoved at him and he froze.

He'd gone rock-still the moment Sawyer had been handed off, and wide, terrified eyes turned to stare at Kenneth. He blamed his own childhood for his inability to deal with young children. Too much abuse made him adverse to ever having kids of his own, and his own fears that he'd do the same to any child left in his care, and it meant that any time Sawyer found an opportunity to bother him, he'd freeze solid until she left him alone. Now, he was being forced to hold the young girl as Kenneth scolded him for what? Doing what Elliott wanted? Part of him wanted to yell that he'd never gotten a say in anything in his life, and he was making his own decision about his life. It'd been how he escaped Paul all those years ago, and how he'd managed to get away from the Strudwicks. "What if it doesn't? What if he decides that's it and...?" Merlin, he didn't sound that pathetic, did he? Except it was true. He was so scared that what he had right now, it would all disappear and he'd be worse off. His mental health aside, he knew that no matter what he'd gotten too attached and he didn't want to have his life shatter apart.

"My plan was leaving. This whole place is his home, and I can't stay if... I want to make my own decisions about my life and not have other people make them for me. Every time someone makes a decision for me, I always end up hurt. This time it's Elli and I just can't let him make that decision for me." He was hoping that Kenneth could understand. Feeling powerless for so long, he couldn't just go back to that. To letting someone else hurt him, especially the person that he thought would never hurt him. It was like he was merely a puppet, and Paul had been right about him all along and he merely was just someone to be used.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:16 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxFront Porch
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnnoyed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι ғeel n o ѕ н a м e, ι'м p r o υ d oғ wнere ι c a мe ғ r o м xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι waѕ в o r n and r a ι ѕ e d ιn тнe в o o n d o c ĸ ѕ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          o n e тнιng ι ĸ n o w, no мaттer w н e r e ι g o xxxxxx
                                                          ι ĸeep мy н e a r т and ѕ o υ l ιn тнe в o o n d o c ĸ ѕ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKenneth huffed indignantly when Jesse declared that he wouldn't lock him in the basement. Because he wasn't Paul. Damn right, he ******** wasn't, but that made the threat a little less threatening, now, didn't it? He glared at the boy. "Nah, I won't, but damn if I won't come up with an alternative," he shot back, shooting the boy a look. Seriously, between the two of them, he was going to lose his mind. He had a baby and a wife to worry about, why was he also up to his ears in teen drama?

spaceAnd goddamn, could the pair of them be any more insecure? "Jesse, you've lived with us for how many damn years now? Elli don't just let go of s**t. Ever. Not unless he thinks he's gotta, an' he ain't gonna think he's gotta let go of you until you tell him that's what you damn well want. He just ain't got any damn sense in his head, an' you know that. Wait it out." The idea of Elliott deciding they were over was laughable. Or, it would've been, if the situation hadn't been so aggravating and he hadn't been losing sleep just by being out here dealing with it. Ken didn't even know why he was getting involved. They were technically adults, if they wanted to be stupid he should just let them be stupid. But Elliott was his brother, and Jesse was... well, basically his brother, too, but Elliott always got annoyed when he said as much. But he got annoyed when Ken called them married, too, or said Jesse was his in-law, so he wasn't really sure what the boy wanted from him. He couldn't just keep his nose out of this, watching the pair of them make stupid decisions was going to drive him insane. Especially if he had to deal with Elli going into some ridiculous downward spiral of depression over a problem he'd created himself.

spaceKen visibly twitched at Jesse's declaration that he wanted to make his own decision for once. He got that, he did, but this wasn't him doing it. He was acting out of fear and insecurity, and he was going to make himself miserable doing it. "You can make your own decisions," the American declared. "When ya think about 'em, instead of just sneakin' off into the night as a knee-jerk reaction to somethin' that scares ya. An' did ya even think about maybe tryin' to talk the idiot out of this? Or did ya just throw in the towel." The last bit, contrary to it's wording, wasn't a question. He swore, neither of them knew the meaning of the word 'communication.' "He ain't gonna talk about it unless ya make 'im, because he thinks it ain't fair to ya. An' that's not an assumption, those're the stupid damn words I heard come outta his stupid damn mouth. If yer really hellbent on just givin' up, fine, ain't my place to force ya not to. But ya could at least make an effort to work it out first." He frowned. "An' slap Elli upside the head, because he's bein' ********' stupid, an' if I do it, he'll hex me."

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx and ι can ғ e e l тнaт мυddy w a т e r
                                                          xxxxxx rυnnιng т н r o υ g н мy v e ι n ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι can н e a r тнaт l υ l l a в y oғ a мιdnιgнт т r a ι n
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx and ιт ѕ e e м ѕ тo мe тнaт ιт ѕ o υ n d ѕ ғ a м ι l ι a r

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:27 am
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? Home
                                                                Who am I with? Himself
                                                                What am I doing? Leaving.
                                                                What am I thinking? Not letting Elliott do this. I can leave instead...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Running away

Jesse gave Kenneth a look, knowing that both of them knew the answer to that question. He shifted Sawyer a bit, still feeling awkward with a toddler in his arms, but trying to get a better grip on the girl before he accidentally dropped her. And give him something else to blame himself for. "Seven years. That's how many I lived with my parents. That didn't mean that I knew them well enough that my mum wouldn't turn a blind eye to my dad when he was beating me to try and get me to perform magic, or that he'd just erase every memory I had and leave me to die. Four years with Paul, and I learned enough not to disobey him or he'd beat me, but that didn't mean that I'd know he'd mistake me for a girl when he was high or drunk. Six years doesn't mean much when something can happen that someone can't cope with and they do something that you don't realize they'll do. I've tried waiting it out before. It just made it worse."

Jesse tensed when Kenneth mentioned talking Elliott out of it. How? He didn't even know what he'd done wrong this time. Always before when he was younger, there was always that moment when he did something he wasn't supposed to, and he'd know about it instantly. With Kenneth, Ver, and Elli, there was nothing to tell him when he'd crossed a line. That was the most frustrating part about living with the Holts. He could have made a million mistakes, and he'd never know it. He probably had, but they were too good of people to tell him he had. "But what did I do? I don't even know. How am I supposed to talk him out of anything when I don't know what I did wrong? I can fix it if I knew! Please?" He was trying to keep calm, but god was that hard right now. He could feel the tendrils of panic already creeping up on him, and holding Sawyer wasn't helping. If nothing else, holding her was hastening his panic because he was struggling and failing to contain the emotions that were causing it.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 pm
User Image

xxx⋙⋙⋙ ℓєιℓαиι נα¢кѕσиxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxx Former Chameleon Owner of J. Pippin's Potions Hogsmeade Branch American
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx WHO Kitty
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx WHERE the front door of Kenneth's house
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx WHY moving in

Kitty was fiddling with her thumbs, Leilani can really tell that Kitty is nervous. She wondered what she could do to put Kitty to ease. She said "Kitty quit fiddling your thumbs. Kenneth has been one of my best friends forever it is not like he is going to Pied Piper you. This is a new start for you get to meet new people and experience a whole lot more about yourself. I will be here to help you too. It will be fun" Leilani was nervous too she did not know exactly what to expect now that she has done all of the paperwork and the background check for the shop. She was wondering if the shop was going to do any good. Would people want to come? Would her new potions become popular, would they flop. She realized all she has to do was follow Kenneth wise advise, which was to get out of her own head, be herself and show people your passion and positivity and people will ride off her wave. Speaking of Kenneth, they arrived at his place. They got to the front of the house. Leilani obviously not used to this lavish bullshit lifestyle, was wondering if she was at the right address because this does not seem like her stingy a** redneck best friends kind of pad. Leilani knocked on the door and when Kenneth answers. They walked into the house and see all of this luxurious furniture. "What the ******** Kenneth?! All this expensive furniture? You?!"

type username here

LauAoibheal

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:33 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHolt Estate - Front Porch
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAunt Lei, Kenneth
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnxious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

αяє уσυ нιgн єиσυgн ωιтнσυт тнє мαяу נαиє ℓιкє мє؟xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ∂σ уσυ тєαя уσυяѕєℓf αραят тσ єитєятαιи ℓιкє мє؟xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ∂σ тнє ρєσρℓє ωнιѕρєя 'вσυт уσυ σи тнє тяαιи ℓιкє мє؟xxxxxx
                                                          ѕαуιиg тнαт уσυ ѕнσυℓ∂и'т ωαѕтє уσυя ρяєтту fα¢є ℓιкє мє؟xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKitty glared daggers at her aunt, half of her wanting to exaggerate the fidgeting just to spite her for calling it out. But, that would look super weird, so instead, she crossed her arms and intensified the glare to an almost comical extent. "I've never met these people," she replied, sounding exasperated. "And you haven't seen this guy in literal years! What if he's gone totally nutso and become a serial killer? And you didn't tell me the dude was richer than Jesus and Bill Gates combined, what the ********> Truth be told, Kitty was equal parts in awe and annoyed at the state of the home they found themselves standing in front of. Where they were supposed to be living. It was huge, with one of those movie-immaculate lawns, and she could see the expensive furniture through the windows. She'd been to nice houses before, she'd done the pageant circle after all, but holy ******** was this place intense. She couldn't live in a place like this! She'd be thrown in the dungeon for spilling cheap whiskey on the couch, for chrissakes!

spaceThe door opened to reveal a guy, obviously about her aunt's age, who she could only assume was the infamous Kenneth Holt. He had a good-natured smile on his face, and leaned back against the doorframe, thumbs tucked through the belt loops of his worn jeans like any other good ole boy from back home in Louisiana. Unconsciously, she straightened, arms uncrossing and hands clasping behind her back. After a moment, she scowled at the behavior; she wasn't going to cow down because some rich a** white boy opened the door to his giant a** house. When he gestured for them to go inside, she followed her aunt, nose wrinkling in obvious distaste. It was damn snooty, is what it was. She was never leaving her damn room.

spaceShe turned back to see the man giving her an odd look, an amused smile on his face. She barely resisted the urge to hiss at him. When her aunt echoed her own statement concerning the hoity-toity-ness of the home, directly to its owner, she didn't know if she should laugh, or run like hell. Apparently, she should've laughed, since that's what he did. "Ain't really my furniture," he said, and she arched a brow. This was his house, why wouldn't the furniture be his? "My stepmom picked it all out, back when her and Dad first got hitched. Wasn't gonna waste money on a new couch when there was a perfectly good one right there. House-elves keep 'em clean enough, I guess." Kitty blinked. What the hell was a house-elf?

spaceBefore she could ask, a small creature appeared, and the muggle girl's eyes bugged out of her head. Another one was close behind, small odd creatures with large bat ears and the largest eyes she'd ever seen. And what were they wearing? The clothes, if they could even be called that, were frayed and old. The creatures curtsied, leaving Kitty to wonder if she was supposed to as well. Before she could stop herself, she asked,
                                                          "Are you like, the maids or some s**t?"

spaceKen chuckled, and the first creature nodded, not making eye contact as she answered. "I am Libby, and this is Mitzy, ma'am. We are to help you with your things." Kitty's mouth fell open. Maids. Tiny, weird, not-human maids. She snapped it shut, realizing she was probably being rude as hell, but she couldn't help it! She knew about magic, obviously, her aunt and sister were both witches. But this was too damn weird! Internally, all she could think was a stream of 'what the ********' over and over, like a skipping record. Eventually the words were going to lose all meaning in her mind.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxуσυ ¢αи'т ωαкє υρ, тнιѕ ιѕ иσт α ∂яєαм
                                                          xxxxxxуσυ'яє ραят σf α мα¢нιиє, уσυ αяє иσт α нυмαи вєιиg
                                                          xxxxxxxxxωιтн уσυя fα¢є αℓℓ мα∂є υρ, ℓινιиg σи α ѕ¢яєєи
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxℓσω σи ѕєℓf-єѕтєєм, ѕσ уσυ яυи σи gαѕσℓιиє

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

LauAoibheal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:14 pm
User Image

xxx⋙⋙⋙ ℓєιℓαиι נα¢кѕσиxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxx Former Chameleon Owner of J. Pippin's Potions Hogsmeade Branch American
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx WHO Kenneth, Kitty
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx WHERE Inside the Holt Family Estate
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx WHY Getting Leilani's room together

Leilani was still in shock at the house... the furniture... Did he... did he says house elves? Right then Leilani saw two house elves walk in the room. She heard one the house elves, Libby introduce herself and the other one Mitzy. "Really dude, house elves too...?!" Looking at her even more shocked niece's face she looked about ready to pass out. So to keep her niece's head above water because she looked like she was drowning in the sea of magic. Knowing exactly what that that felt like back when she was learning about the wizarding world.

She decided she would not talk about the house elves knowing how the house elves and Kenneth are they probably cried when Kenneth tried to free them. If you know Ken you know he hates to see anyone cry, so seeing them cry Kenneth offered to pay them instead making them cry even harder. Talk about brain washing. Leilani decided that if Kitty wanted to know about the hosue elves she could ask Kenneth herself. Leilani knows the Kitty will open up to Kenneth soon, Kitty is so much like Leilani sometimes it bring back such funny memories. Leilani just hopes that Kitty takes this opportunity to find herself and some direction faster than she did.

Leilani decided now would be a good time to get unpacking. "Hey Ken, mind showing me and Kitty Kat here where are rooms are." Kenneth showed the girls to their room. And Kenneth being the best friend he was, knew exactly how Leilani wanted her room so he had it set up for her. Getting into her room she did not know what to do but jump around and laughing like a hyena with such joy, because it was her dream room. As a potioneer her room was one fit for a swampy witch such as herself, and she could not be any happier. But she had to get some kind of composure and get the rest of her stuff put away and then tomorrow she would have Kenneth show her and Kitty Kat the house tour to get acquainted with the place. She is excited to have a new start in this country and to see her two beautiful nieces bloom. " Oooo cher, would you just look at this room." She jumps back on her bed and revels in the newness of the place.

type username here

LauAoibheal

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas