Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Edgeworth Family Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:35 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Engaged to Marina Aldred
                                                          Looking Casual at Home with Nell
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ What on Earth has she got...? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

When you came in, the air went out ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          And every shadow filled up with doubt ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          I don't know who you think you are, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          But before the night is through ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          I wanna do bad things with you. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien blinked oddly at Nell when she said that they could finally hang out. Wait, seriously? Not that he had any issue hanging out with Nell per say, he just... seriously, he didn't even know what that would entail. Maybe he should've known her better since she was Mari's best friend, but he couldn't think of a damn thing he actually knew about her, other than a general idea of her personality and the fact that she liked animals. Still... okay, yeah, he could hang out with Nell, right? Sure. "Uh... do, um, you want something to drink?" Already, he could hear Brownie in the kitchen, putting a kettle on. It was the elf's default reaction whenever there was company. "Uh, you can sit, you know," he told her, and then, following his own advice, he dropped into a chair, glancing briefly at the papers she'd sat down on the table. It looked like wedding stuff... he smiled faintly at that. If Nell wanted to talk about the wedding, she was barking up the wrong tree. "You do know Mari's basically washed her hands of the wedding planning, don't you? I mean, if you really want to talk to someone about it, I can get you in touch with my dad's fiancee. Or her mum. Though, I figure you probably could get in touch with Bernadette yourself," he said wit a small chuckle. "... Actually, you could get in touch with Siobhan, too. Didn't you work for her before we graduated?" Damien had no idea if Nell knew that his dad was engaged to the owner of the Magical Menagerie, but he swore he remembered mention of her having a Summer job there one year. Her question as to how he was doing had him shrugging faintly. "Uh, I'm fine? Nothing really going on with me... other than the usual, I mean. You?" Honestly, Damien couldn't think of a single thing to tell her about anything going on in his life. He'd just told her that neither he, nor Marina, was really involved in the wedding planning. It was mostly so that Mari didn't have to worry about planning on top of her job, and so that he wasn't left making all the wrong decisions, which Siobhan was fairly confident he would have done. He didn't necessarily disagree. And there was pretty much nothing else going on in his life. He went to work, came home, spent time with Mari... Occasionally had to babysit the twins for Ada (though that'd been happening less since Chris' uncle had given the pair a House-Elf for a wedding gift). Occasionally had to go out with Dominic or Rick just to keep from going stir-crazy, or to keep either one of them from doing the same. But, all in all, his life was pretty boring... which he was totally okay with.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ I don't know what you've done to me,
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ But I know this much is true
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I wanna do bad things with you.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I wanna do real bad things with you.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:07 pm
Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

User ImageUser Image
XXXPurebloodXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXⓂⓨ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ

〖Nell grinned at the offering of tea before she heard someone already put a kettle on and giggled. "It sounds like Brownie beat you to the punch!" she said waving to the lovable house elf. She had only met the elf a handful of times but each time was better than the last, mainly because she made these scones that were pretty much the greatest thing ever created but also because she had some seriously entertaining facts and stories about little Damien. Like, baby faced and actual baby Damien. They were all so adorable! When he told her she could sit her smile turned sheepish before she lowered herself onto the couch putting her hands beneath her thighs so she didn't clasp them in her lap like a little old socialite. Not that there was anything wrong with socialites! She just didn't want to seem old until she was, well, old. The Scot laughed as he told her attempted to wean her off from talking to him about the wedding and she just waved him off with a flick of one of her hands. "Oh I know; I'm pretty sure she was done right after she said 'oh, by the way, you're my maid of honor.' Right after she told me about the engagement and everything!" she shook her head with fond amusement at her best friend. Sometimes she figured that if it wasn't a danger to herself, a danger to society, or a danger to hr friends that the redhead simply wasn't interested. "And there's no way I'm getting between those two women and their plans. I only jump in when I think they're trying to do something Mari wouldn't like. Last time there was something about dozens of doves or butterflies...or was it doves and butterflies? Either way, I only bring by papers for when her Mum drops by to make it at least appear that her daughter's trying to plan the wedding." Nell said with an easy grin. It could be viewed as dishonest, but it helped everyone in the long run. Bernadette thought Marina was trying to help and kept mostly off her daughter's back, Marina was free work or read or whatever Marina things she got up to (she never asked because as long as she was happy, so was she!), and Nell was allowed to try cake samples from Rose before she brought them over for the couple. Multiple wins all around! At the question about Siobhan she nodded fondly thinking about the older woman and her cute niece and nephew. "I did! Mainly during the summer break but sometimes I volunteered if I was around before then. She's suuuper nice and those puppies she has running around are the cutest little things! I'm always tempted to sneak one back home and see whether Rose would notice or not." Nell said with a giggle. Her girlfriend truly had patience with her, especially with her tiny menagerie that she had brought with her when she moved in. She cocked her head to the side at Damien's rather awkward response to an otherwise open ended question but wasn't all that surprised. Despite his choice in friends (Dominic) he was a rather quiet but blunt kind of guy, which she supposed their little group needed every once in a while. "Same ol' same ol' I suppose. Oh! I'm getting closer to finishing my training and becoming a full fledged Magizoologist, but I'm having a bit of trouble narrowing down my field. I sorta love everything I've been taught! The only thing I have figured out is that I don't want to work with unicorns or dragons." she said with certainty. Unicorns were lovely and all and were great specimens to study, but that was just it. She didn't want to spend her life studying! And as magnificent and awesome dragons were, she'd have to live on a preserve or actually portkey back and forth to be able to do so and she would hate to leave Rose and Clair for months on end and despite doing so for several years she still hated the feeling of a portkey. 】
Cara MiaKitty

Wearing: Clothes | Where: Damina Flat | With: Damien time! | Thoughts: Wedding! | OOC:

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:44 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Engaged to Marina Aldred
                                                          Looking Casual at Home with Nell
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ What on Earth has she got...? ❞

When you came in, the air went out ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          And every shadow filled up with doubt ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          I don't know who you think you are, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          But before the night is through ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          I wanna do bad things with you. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceDamien chuckled faintly and shrugged at her assessment of the situation. The House-Elf waved in response to Nell's gesture, and Damien shook his head faintly. "Well, just because she's making the tea doesn't mean I shouldn't offer it to you. Pretty sure she'd hit me upside my head if I didn't. Manners and all," he said, ignoring the faint huff he head from the kitchen. Her comment on Mari's involvement in the wedding planning made him laugh, leaning back in the chair. So, that was why Bernadette thought that Mari was actually working... he'd wondered about it. Because, as far as he'd been able to tell, if their respective mothers weren't around (perhaps it was odd to refer to Siobhan as such, but the woman was certainly more of a mother to him than Dahlia had ever been), Mari wasn't thinking about it. She had way too much on her mind to worry about it. That was sort of why they'd given Bernadette and Siobhan as much rope as they had, though the pair didn't exactly have carte blanche. The thing with the doves and/or butterflies being a perfect example of why. "Pretty sure that the doves were Siobhan's idea... she also wanted there to be a horse at some point, I think. She also asked, if we didn't have a ring bearer, if maybe we'd like for her to tie the rings onto one of her dog's collars. I swear, the woman knows every single way to get an animal involved in a wedding ceremony, and has tried to talk us into all of them." He was fairly certain that Siobhan was getting far too enthusiastic about this whole ordeal, actually. He'd jokingly told her that she needed to save some of her ideas for her own kids wedding's, and she'd rolled her eyes and say she doubted if any of her kids would let her have nearly as much say. He didn't really know her kids all that well, if at all, given that they were usually off at Hogwarts. He'd pretty much met them once over the holidays last year, and hadn't interacted with them overmuch simply because of the age gap. So, he had no idea if she was right. But, if she wanted to plan his wedding, he was fine with that... as long as she didn't make any decisions that were going to drive Mari insane.

spaceNell's comment on Siobhan and her dogs made him roll his eyes a bit. "Apparently, it's infectious," he told her. "The dogs, I mean. My dad's nuts about the things now. He didn't care remotely about dogs. Got it in his head that he wanted one because he was lonely, that's how the two of them met. Now he spends all his free time at the shop playing with them, I swear. I'm surprised he hasn't taken more home. If not for Jet, I'm pretty sure she'd have tried it with us, too." Actually, she had. It had only been the reminder of how very, very small their flat was, and the presence of Tobias and their ill-tempered cat, that had put her off the idea that they should take home a puppy. Nell's description of what was going on with her lately brought a small, faint smile to his face. "That's good! That you're almost done, I mean. Dunno what to say about the field of study, though. Don't know much about animals." He shrugged. He barely knew how to handle non-magical creatures, after all. He could take care of owls no problem, and cats were pretty self-sufficient, so he didn't have much to worry about there. But beyond that? No clue. "Still, I'd say having too many choices is better than having none, right?"

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ I don't know what you've done to me,
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ But I know this much is true
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I wanna do bad things with you.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I wanna do real bad things with you.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:59 am
Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

User ImageUser Image
XXXPurebloodXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXⓂⓨ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ

〖Nell was happily surprised to see that she had made Damien laugh and grinned smugly to herself as she sat back into the sofa. It wasn't exactly like she had never heard him laugh before, she had just never heard him laugh because of her. Well, if he had laughed because of her she was never around to hear it and she hoped it was because of something quirky she had done and not anything horribly embarrassing that she knew Marina kept cataloged somewhere about them all. Hearing about Siobhan's ideas for the wedding including a slue of animals she giggled and aww'd actually liking the one that included the dogs. "The dog idea has merit even if the others seem a bit far-fetched. I don't even want to know what she had planned for the horse." she said shaking her head. She hadn't met someone who was just as enthusiastic about animals as she was before her and it was nice knowing she wasn't the craziest person this side of the ocean. When he told her about how his own father had caught their apparent puppy fever she just rolled her eyes and tried to contain her laughter. However when he mentioned the ornery black cat she couldn't hold it in any longer and began to chuckle. "I'm pretty sure the only reason I've never been scratched by that blasted cat is because I was never dumb enough to get within two feet of it." Nell said with a slight shiver as she looked around for Jet as if the cat would randomly step out from the shadows to steal her soul. It was a theory she had yet to share with her best friend and also one she'd rather not test. Seeing him smile and actually congratulate her, the Scot felt like she had accomplished something major and was saddened that she was the only who saw it. She had made Damien laugh and smile all within one conversation, it was a miracle! She was still celebrating in her mind when she realized that he wasn't speaking any longer and tried to catch what he had just said. "Yeah, you're right about that, but there's so many choices! Ugh, at least I have another few months before I have to choose for good." she told him with a slight pout. It shouldn't be so hard to choose which animals you wanted to study for the rest of your life (basically) but it was! At least she had Rose to sometimes push her back into reality when she started to fray. "But what about your work? It's so cool that you're making wands!" Nell told him exuberantly. 】
Cara MiaKitty

Wearing: Clothes | Where: Damina Flat | With: Damien time! | Thoughts: Wedding! | OOC:

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Mαяıиα Ałđяeđ
                                                          Looking Casual at Home, Living Room with Mari
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I hope everything is actually okay... ❞

If тıмe ¢øυłđ š т ø ρ, ħøω ¢αи I мακe тħıš м ø я e ρ ø e т ı ¢ ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Wħeи тħeяe'š и ø т ħ ı и g мøяe ρ α т ħ e т ı ¢ тø вe šαıđ? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ вяıиg мe ø υ т, šħøω мe ł ı g ħ т ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          I'м š ø я я ч ıf I ħ ı đ e, I'м тøø α f я α ı đ тø łøøκ ı и š ı đ e ✥ ✥ ✥xxx

spaceDamien didn't think he'd ever moved so slowly in his life as he trudged up the stairs and to his flat after dropping Ada off at her own. The last few hours had been absolute hell, and his nerves were shot. Finding out about what had happened in the alleyway, having to wait at the hospital for some word on how Adalaide was doing, dealing with a very upset Natasha... And all the while, something had seemed exceptionally... off, about Marina. He knew that she'd been more than a little shaken up by what had transpired, but there seemed to be something else in her eyes. It wasn't as though she hadn't handled similar situations before, but then again, he didn't think any of the previous occasions, certainly not the ones in recent memory, had involved anyone they were particularly close to. He supposed that might be it, that it had been Ada specifically this time, but that still didn't feel quite right.

spaceHe sighed, stepping inside the flat to find his wife already home. The Slytherin felt some of the tension leave him as soon as he stepped over the threshold. He was home. Adalaide was home with Chris, she was fine. The man who'd attacked her was off to Azkaban. Everything was fine... except that he still couldn't shake the niggling fear that something was wrong with Mari. He glanced over at her, frowning. "Well, that's behind us," he said, tone weary, and then walked to the couch and sat down, a little less gently than usual. He rubbed his forehead a bit, then called, "Brownie, could you please put the kettle on?" The House-Elf appeared, running to the kitchen. The sound of her digging through the cabinets for the tea and kettle calmed him further, a familiar sound to ease his nerves. Then, he sighed again. "Mari, love, are you alright?" he asked gently, looking up to her worriedly. He was sure she would brush it off, tell him she'd just been freaked out over the whole ordeal, but it was still his job to ask. He was supposed to help her through these sorts of things, after all. A hand reached up and grabbed hers, pulling her towards him on the couch, and his thumb brushed gently over the back of her hand. She probably needed a strong cup of tea, a long, hot bath, and to sleep or a day or two. She wasn't going to get the last one, unfortunately, not with having to go to work the next day, and be satisfied with a shower in lieu of a bath, but the tea would be easy enough, at least. And maybe a back rub to release a bit of her own tension. His back was knotted all to hell, and he'd only dealt with the hospital, she was the one who'd actually found Ada dying in the alley and had to subdue her attacker. It was probably a miracle she was even upright, quite frankly.

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ Yøυ ¢αяяч т я υ т ħ αиđ мακe мe š м ı ł e
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ If ıт ωeяe ч ø υ α и đ м e тøиıgħт
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I ωøυłđ т α м e тħe š т α я š
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ αиđ šανe тħe в я ı g ħ т e š т øиe føя ч ø υ

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:47 pm
Something’s happening to me and you;
Lighting up the night brighter than the moon...
I couldn't stop it even if we wanted to!
Tell me I’m not dreaming-
Uh oh, I’m out of my depth-
Struggling to breathe, got to catch my breath!
A little voice saying yes yes yes...
I can hear the sirens screaming,
When you touch me, when you hold me.

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

FORMER SLYTHERINPROUD HALFBLOODAUROREXPECTING

Marina was exhausted and on edge. She hadn't gotten home very long ago herself, and all she'd done was change her bloody clothes and wash her hands and face. Between getting Ada to the hospital, having to sit and wait to hear if she was going to be alright or not, seeing her distraught parents... She still couldn't relax now, because she still had the whole big secret weighing down on her like a ton of bricks. She'd hardly been about to tell Damien when they were at St. Mungo's, though before he'd gotten there she had, silently panicking, managed to talk a healer into just 'checking something real quick'. All her suspicions were confirmed beyond a doubt. She was a few weeks into her first trimester, and she still felt selfish angsting about it when Ada, a mother of two children herself, had just almost died at the hands of some lunatic. At least Ada was home and safe now, Damien having dropped her off.

She went rigid as Damien frowned at her. Could he possibly know? Had he been wondering himself? Then he opened his mouth and it was all she could do to not sigh in relief. He was completely clueless... though he did seem aware that something was up with her. She'd never been the best at masking her moods. But he probably just thought she was still stressed from Ada. That was the least of her worries at the moment, unfortunately. Tea sounded very necessary right now. She let him pull her onto the couch beside him, her grip somewhat limp as she fought with her own mind over what to say. She was most certainly not alright. But these were not the circumstances she had imagined revealing that she was pregnant to him under. She didn't know if a worse time was even possible. She felt like she was going to explode if she didn't, though. She'd only had herself to worry and rant to about it for the past couple days, and it was driving her mad. Still, she was very sure he was not going to be happy when he realized his pregnant auror wife had been involved in fighting neo Death Eaters in Hogsmeade just a week or two ago, and had confronted a deranged man with a knife a few hours ago.

Well, what right did Damien have to be happy anyways? She was the one pregnant here! The next nine months would probably be hell; she was highly suspicious of all that 'pregnant bliss' people seemed fond of going on about. Marina could hardly imagine herself humming softly while loving stroking a massive bump. Vehemently cursing it out because she was trapped at a desk, possibly. Great. Just great. She was going to be a terrible mother, and Damien would end up divorcing her and suing for full custody of their child, who would grow up referring to her as something horrid like 'The Shrew'. She realized she had still said nothing in response to his simple question, and jerked her hand away from him just so she could bury her face in her hands and mutter, "No. No, this is not how I wanted this to go..." half to herself, half to him. "I'm-," she choked on the words and cringed to herself before getting it out in a hushed whisper. "Damien, I'm pregnant." Well. She could almost hear the metaphorical bomb dropping.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

I don’t care, I’m in too deep,
You’re like a riptide dragging me away!
Adrenaline kicking and my heartbeat thumping...
Riptide underneath the waves-
Hold on tight, 'cause it’s the start of something-
Gotta love this riptide!
Nothing's ever gonna feel so fine.
I finally found a little piece of paradise;
It’s like I’m living in a different life.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:51 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Mαяıиα Ałđяeđ
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

If тıмe ¢øυłđ š т ø ρ, ħøω ¢αи I мακe тħıš м ø я e ρ ø e т ı ¢ ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceDamien's frown deepened when she held his hand limply, settling next to him on the couch. Oh, something was bothering her, alright. He told himself it was probably nothing, that it was just the events of the last month. It hadn't been easy on her, after all. First the events at Hogsmeade, having to face the man who'd very nearly killed the both of them when they were twelve, and now this? She had every right to not be okay. But he still hated seeing her so obviously worked up over it. He released her hand and slid his own up her arm and to her shoulder, thumb digging in to try and massage out some of the tension.

space'Wanted what to go?' he wondered. Was there something else? Had something happened at work that she'd not told him about for fear he'd worry? Had she glossed over the events at Hogsmeade or in the alley? Tried to make it sound like it'd been better than the reality? If so, she hadn't done a very good job; he swore the woman was going to give him grey hair before the year was out. When she finally confessed, his hand stilled very suddenly, tightening on her shoulder, and he stared at her. She... She was...!

spaceA thousand different emotions were clamoring for dominance inside of him, worry and fear and joy and frustration. He closed his eyes, jaw tightening as he fought down the negativity. It wasn't as though he could be angry with her for endangering herself tonight, the alternative would have been to let Ada die, he would never expect her to do that. And she was fine, hadn't had a scratch on her (much to his relief, after seeing the blood soaking her clothes), so she'd clearly handled the situation well. He was more frustrated than anything else, because dammit, he wanted to be angry with her for doing it, for endangering their child, but he couldn't. He had all this pent up aggression and nowhere reasonable to channel it. He pushed it away, hard, forcefully, and took a very slow, very deep breath, trying to think. "... Exactly how long have you known?" he asked, trying not to sound accusatory. Part of him was praying that she'd say it was recent, that she hadn't known when the attack at Hogsmeade had happened... The other part of him was hoping she had known, because then he'd be at least somewhat justified in his anger. But that part was being ridiculous, because dammit, he hoped to Merlin his wife had the good sense not to blindly throw herself into harm's way while she was pregnant with their child.

spaceOkay, he was probably being grossly unfair. Surely... He swallowed. Mari loved her job, he knew, and she would hate to be stuck behind a desk rather than out in the field, but she wasn't so in love with field work that she'd do something stupid. She wasn't. He looked over at her, again forcing down the negativity. She was shaken, she had just been through something very stressful for her, and he liked to think that part of why it'd been so stressful for her was that she'd been worried about the baby. Their baby. He swallowed. She was pregnant. They... they were going to have a baby. How had that even- not that it was all that unexpected, really, but, it just... The Slytherin took another deep breath. Okay. She was pregnant. They could handle that. It wouldn't be so hard to manage. They... It wasn't like they were going in this blind. They had Brownie to help, she'd raised both him and his father, and they'd come out more or less alright, sketchy past attitudes notwithstanding. And they had plenty of experience babysitting Chris and Ada's twins for the past three years. Not the same as parenting, but, a good start, he figured. "... This... isn't a bad thing. We can handle this. It's..." That little glimmer of joy he'd felt initially sparked again, and he managed a small, hopefully encouraging smile, squeezing her shoulder affectionately. Damien rested his head over on hers, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:54 pm

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina down on the inside of her lip when he didn't immediately say anything to her confession. Instead his grip on her shoulder tightened as he stared, before closing his eyes. She followed the way his jaw tightened with a hard gaze. She almost hoped he was angry with her; she'd been holding what now seemed like a tidal wave back for the past few days. But he didn't snap at her, just inhaled slowly before speaking after a slight pause. She bridled under what she felt was an unspoken accusation that she had been hiding this for as long as possible from him and was just running around rushing into danger left and right simply to spite him and their unborn child. "A few days," she said tightly, eyes daring him to disbelieve her. "I took the first test a few days ago, after I knew I wasn't getting my monthly and it wasn't just late."

She watched him swallow and looked away with a quiet huff. "You think I just charged into the battle back at Hogsmeade knowing I was pregnant to what? Not miss out on a good fight? Take my dramatic revenge at the possible cost of our child? We both know you're the far more rational one of the two of us, but I'd hope my own husband would know me better." She exhaled through her nostrils, then glanced back at him, cheeks red. "Sorry. I'm jumping to conclusions. That wasn't.... nice." Marina relaxed some at his next words, a bit of tension flooding out of her, and while she didn't quite smile she wrapped an arm around him in a one armed hug for a moment, closing her eyes. "I'm going to have to tell my boss, of course, and I'm sure the whole office will know by the end of the week. That should be fun. Not to mention when Nell and Dominic find out..."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Gotta love this riptide!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:51 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Mαяıиα Ałđяeđ
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceDamien facepalmed at his wife, shaking his head, hand dragging down his face in exasperation. "Do I think you would 'charge into battle' in spite of your pregnancy? No. But do I think that you might, in a state of concern, forget that you were pregnant and do something reckless? Yes, Mari, I absolutely do," he told her with a frown. He never thought that she would actively risk the life of their child, at least not at Hogsmeade. In the alley, well, that was a different story, she hadn't had a choice then, except to let Ada die. But there were plenty of other law enforcement officers to handle the Hogsmeade situation. She hadn't had to be there. One extra hand was always good in those situations, but no one would have blamed her if she'd had to sit it out. Still, if she was only a few weeks, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that she might not be thinking clearly when they got the call. It could have slipped her mind. But, it hadn't, because she hadn't known at the time, which was a relief.

spaceHe felt a little guilty when she apologized, though, and it showed on his face. "I know you wouldn't have done it purposefully. Just... I also know that you take your job very seriously and would have done anything to protect those kids. And that maybe you just didn't think about it. Details can slip your mind... anyone's mind, in a situation like that." He swallowed, supposing that being pregnant wasn't really a small sort of detail, but unless she'd been obsessing about it.. Which, that actually sounded like something she'd do, he realized. Alright, so maybe his irrational overprotective-ness was acting up. In a very bad way. And she was pregnant... Were her hormones already out of whack? He remembered how easily Ada had flown off the handle when she was pregnant, and added that to how easily Mari did so normally in comparison...

spaceSheesh, he wasn't going to survive this pregnancy, was he?

spaceThe Slytherin frowned at her mention of telling Nell and Dominic. That... that'd be fun, he thought sarcastically. "You think that Ada had the right idea, waiting until she was already halfway through it before she told anyone?" he asked, voice tired. He knew that Ada had mostly held off because she'd wanted to wait until they were past the danger zone for complications and the like due to Chris' being a vampire, but that didn't mean she hadn't been smart to wait. "I'd say we should do the same, wait at least until you're past the first trimester, but I'm pretty sure Dom still has the flat bugged. I wouldn't be surprised if he overheard us now and came bursting in." Actually, right now they were probably relatively safe. Gracie would've just woken up, right, so the two of them were probably... busy. Of course, that didn't mean that their little partner in crime wasn't listening in, he thought wryly. Eve was becoming a regular little spy.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:41 pm

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina gave Damien a bit of a look and assured herself that he was lucky she was so tired, because otherwise she'd be saying much, much more on the matter. "Of course, you know us pregnant women, always forgetting our condition," she said dryly. "Maybe I should have a little bracelet to wear to remind me whenever I glance down, in case I inadvertently fall into a state of concern." Honestly. Yes, she was reckless, but not with her kid. At least, she didn't plan to be. This didn't mean she was going to let everyone, her husband and coworkers included, treat her like she was suddenly made out of glass or couldn't be trusted to not let 'pregnancy hormones cloud her judgement'. Just let some moron accuse her some nonsense like 'letting her maternal instincts control her'. She'd 'maternal instincts' their arse out a second story window.

"Damien, I haven't stopped thinking about this since I took the first bloody test," she said flatly. "Trust me, I tried a few times to let it 'slip my mind'. Don't worry; I don't think you have to be concerned about that in the future." She sighed and slumped down a little on the couch. "I think Ada was a genius to wait. Actually, I have no idea how Ada got through any of this. She's a saint. I'm... I'm probably going to manage to muck up everything," she muttered dismally. "I already am." Why couldn't she just be happy? Granted, the last few weeks had been very stressful, but wasn't she supposed to be transcending it all into some sort of pregnant bliss at some point? In between the morning sickness and God knew what else? The next nine months were going to be an absolute b***h, and she was probably going to be an absolute b***h, and she felt like maybe she should apologize to all her friends ahead of time if she was screaming and crying at the same time during her baby shower. Oh, crap. A baby shower. Baby things. They'd have to buy them. Clothes and diapers and formula- wait, was she supposed to breast feed? For how long? No one had told her about any of this beforehand!

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Gotta love this riptide!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:14 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Mαяıиα Ałđяeđ
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceDamien bit back a retort, knowing that it was useless arguing with her. She hadn't known about the baby when the attack had happened, so what did it matter? There was no sense getting into it with her over something that hadn't happened. He hated to say it, but he was sort of glad to hear that she hadn't been able to stop thinking about it, because she was exactly the sort to get wrapped up in something at work and forget it. Apparently, though, she was getting wrapped up in the fact that she was pregnant instead, for which he was insanely grateful. He didn't like that she was obviously stressed over it, but still, he'd rather she be preoccupied with her condition than forget about it and risk something happening. Suddenly, he was all the more worried about her, because it wasn't just his wife now, it was his wife and his child. He swallowed.

space"You're not going to muck everything up," he told her in a low voice, leaning his head over to hers. "We'll muddle through it together until we figure it out. And annoy Ada and Chris for advice when we get lost. And our parents, if we get really desperate." He shuddered at the thought. Well, the Whitethorne's memories of how to handle a baby were much more recent than any of their parents were, they were probably the better choice anyway. And they wouldn't drive them utterly insane with it like everyone else would... Oh, Ada would coo and smile and squeal, but she'd take it seriously. The grandparents, on the other hand... To say nothing of their friends. One would think that Dom having a daughter of his own to worry about would've slowed him down, but oh, no, not him. And Nell was still living vicariously through Ada with the twins, she'd probably be ecstatic to hear that Mari was pregnant... ugh. "Okay, plan: We tell Ada and Chris, swear them to secrecy, and wait to tell everyone else until... I dunno. Four months. I think we can get away with that," he said, only half joking.

spaceBrownie appeared then, tea tray in hand, and set it on the coffee table before smoothing down her skirt, eyeing the couple with interest. "The Brownie is hearing correctly? Mistress Marina is to have a baby?" she asked. Damien noted with no small amount of amusement that, while she was calm on the outside, there was a fairly obvious air of excitement brimming just below the surface. Damien pursed his lips, glancing to his wife, figuring that she could confirm for Brownie. The elf was staring at her mistress expectantly, eyes wide and hopeful.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:11 pm

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina knew he was probably stopping himself from furthering the argument, and was caught between relief and annoyance, which further confused her as to what she actually wanted right now. She wanted to fight with him but she also wanted him to comfort her, she wanted to talk and talk but she also wanted to sleep. "I hope so." She cringed at the mention of parents. "I can't even think about telling Mum and Dad right now, or yours. We're definitely waiting on that one." She was sure they'd be thrilled, and that was the problem. She didn't think she could handle an excited grandparents mob right now. "Sounds like an excellent plan to me," she murmured, though she wasn't entirely sure it would work and he was partly joking anyways. Chris and Grace were vampire; would they somehow be able to immediately sense or even smell it on her? But if she could prolong the Dom and Nell onslaught for as long as possible, she would. She turned when Brownie appeared to thank her- she wasn't entirely comfortable being called 'Mistress' but knew better than to argue it at this point- and was left with her mouth hanging open. The elf was quite calm, but her eyes looked hopeful to Marina. She nodded after a moment's pause, managing a small smile that finally stuck. "Ah- yes. I am."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Gotta love this riptide!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:42 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Mαяıиα Ałđяeđ
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Exhausted
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceDamien pressed another kiss to the top of Mari's head, squeezing her shoulder reassuringly. "We don't have to tell them yet. Or anyone. No reason for anyone else to know..." He trailed off, frowning. "Well, certain people will probably know anyway," he muttered, realizing that they weren't going to be able to keep it a secret from Gracie and Chris unless they avoided them like the plague. Which, Chris knowing, he didn't mind so much. The vampire wasn't exactly prone to dramatics, and while he'd tell Ada, Damien didn't mind the two of them knowing. While he'd been partially joking before about keeping it secret from everyone but the couple for four months, it had only been the length of time that had been a joke. The plan, all in all, was probably a good one... Except that it would be rather hard to stick to, given that Gracie would be able to tell Mari was pregnant. And she'd tell Dom. He frowned. "... New new plan. We move," the Slytherin stated, deadly serious this time. Dom had been bad enough when Ada had been pregnant; he still hadn't forgotten his best friend's reaction when he'd overheard the conversation and thought it was Marina. 'Godfather,' he'd said.

spaceReally, though... They were going to have a baby. His wife was pregnant. They would, in fact, need a bigger place to accommodate a child. Magic could be done to make their current home larger, but honestly, Damien would rather avoid that. It was a pain in the arse, a lot of complicated magic, required permits from the Ministry, and they would never be able to let a muggle who wasn't aware of the magical world step foot in the flat. While this last issue wasn't that big of a deal, Damien still disliked the inconvenience. Sometimes muggles happened by, it happened. Besides, he figured it was about time Brownie had a bedroom of her own, as well, so that they didn't have to keep shrinking her bed during the day to get it out of the living room.

spaceThe wandmaker filed this train of thought away for another night, though. That they were having a baby was a big enough bombshell on top of the rest of the night's events, no need to add to it. Besides, he had a feeling Mari would argue with him. She liked their flat, and the issue of money would come up... Best to talk about on a night when she wasn't emotionally and physically drained. Preferably soon, though, before she was full-on into the irrationality of pregnancy hormones. How long did that take? Maybe he should ask Chris.

spaceMeanwhile, Brownie's expression had changed from tentatively hopeful to one of awe, staring at Marina like she was some heavenly, ethereal being. "Oh! The Brownie is so very, very good with the babies, Mistress! There will not be a thing you are to be worrying about, the Brownie can help!" Damien grinned in amusement when the House-Elf clapped her hands excitedly, seeming to've grown more youthful at the announcement. He hadn't seen her so excited in... ever, he didn't think. Not even when he'd told her that he and Marina were getting married. He knew that she loved babies, but he hadn't really ever thought about it too much. Now that he did, though, he recalled how, when she'd found out Ada was pregnant, she'd gotten very quiet... And the look on her face had been very similar to the one she'd worn when she'd asked if Mari were pregnant. She'd been trying to contain her excitement, he realized, because the baby wasn't one she was supposed to raise, wasn't her baby. But, she had been able to help Ada and Chris out for a while with the twins. Less after they'd been given ownership of Pumpkin. Hell, no wonder she was excited about them having a baby... she hadn't gotten to raise one since him.

spaceDamien yawned then, and remembered how tired he was. The excitement of finding out Marina was pregnant was wearing off to some extent, and the lethargy was settling back in... When he'd climbed the stairs from Ada's flat to his own, he'd felt like he was lifting a thousand tons each time he'd picked up a foot. Hadn't been able to wait to get into bed when he'd walked through the door... And Mari was even more exhausted than he was. "We'll have to t-alk about this in the morning," he said, yawning again mid-sentence. "It's been... an eventful couple of hours. I say we have our tea, and all go to bed."

User Image

Brownie #AA6600

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:35 am

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina grimaced at the mention of moving. He sounded completely serious. A million arguments were on the tip of her tongue, but she bit them back. They had the morning to fight about it. She liked this apartment, though she doubted she'd ever be able to walk by the alley beside it without carefully scanning her surroundings ever again. As irritating as they could be, she liked knowing an unusual amount of her neighbors. Besides, it wasn't as if a baby even took up that much space. Wouldn't it be better to just move when they started getting more mobile. Where would they move, anyways? Out of the city? Marina knew objectively that money wasn't really that much of an issue for them, but she didn't want to think about that. Great, another concern, making sure their kid wasn't a spoiled brat. On the other hand, she wasn't sure if she wanted to have to move with a toddler... Jesus, suddenly everything was changing.

Marina wanted to bury her head in her hands again, but resisted. She focused on the way Brownie was looking at her instead, which was like one might stare at a statue of a goddess. Oh no. She'd known Brownie had raised Damien, but she'd had no idea she had such a fondness for infants. Then again, she had helped Ada and Chris when the twins had been born before they had Pumpkin... "Thank you," Marina said, not wanting to crush the elf's bubble of excitement. At least one person was beyond thrilled about this whole thing. "I think I'm going to need all the help I can get." She didn't intend on pulling a Dahlia and letting a house elf basically raise her kid, but she was probably going to be forever grateful for the house elf when there was a screaming infant and it was two in the morning. Damien's yawning set off her own and she tiredly sipped her tea, eyes heavy. "Agreed," she muttered.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Gotta love this riptide!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:29 pm

User Image
M A R I N A
E U G E N I E
E D G E W O R T H

Marina was more than a bit fed up. The bloody false contractions could go bloody eff themselves, for all she cared. She wanted this baby out, now. For the past three bloody weeks, effing false contractions, which, despite knowing about them beforehand, had still scared the sh*t out of her when she'd first felt what she assumed to be labor pains. Now, she almost welcomed them, or, she would if they would just be actual contractions. Today, they'd been especially frequent, and especially strong. She hoped that meant this show was about to get on the road, because she didn't know how much more of being nine months pregnant she could take. She felt big as a house. Marina had spent what felt like all day alternating between pacing around the flat and 'resting', which was more like lying down trying to read and occasionally cursing somewhat horrendously. They still hadn't really relented much at all, and it was about dusk now.

She'd just come out of the bath, actually. That was supposed to help. It hadn't really. She was now miserable and wet, which sort of reminded her of the weather outside lately, but then again, it was March. Marina snatched a battered old watch she'd been using to try to time the contractions off the counter and sank down on the bath mat, gritting her teeth. She stared at the watch, trying to place how many minutes ago the last contraction had occurred. ...Five minutes ago, then. Another wave of pain seemed to rip through her and she bit her tongue to hold in a sharp gasp. Ohhhhhohohoho, this had better be the beginning of labor. When it passed, she struggled to get back to her feet, using the edge of the tub as support. Marina padded out of the master bathroom on bare feet, grimacing. Please be labor, please be labor, please be labor. She sat on the edge of the bed, toweling off her matted curls and counting down seconds, then minutes, in her head. Another strong contraction, roughly five minutes after the last one, maybe 50 seconds long. Five minutes after that, another one, this one edging towards sixty seconds. Then a shorter one, than one that had to be a minute in length, and by the time she'd changed into loose pajamas she was convinced the show was, in fact, on the road. It'd been a half hour since she'd been in the bath, now. She didn't want to alarm Damien, but it was hard to just sit around quietly waiting to see.

She impulsively decided she might as well let him know, and lurched to her feet, walking towards the bedroom door when she jerked to a halt, feeling something extremely peculiar, almost as if she'd just.... wet herself. Oh, bollocks. The water. It was the bloody water breaking. At least she'd been standing on the hardwood floor, and not the rug, or'd been on the bed. Which they'd probably have to burn later, given what was going to take place on it. Marina grabbed her wand off the night table, cleaned up her mess, and then had to sit down on the bed. "Damien," she called towards the open doorway, hopefully loud enough for him to hear, and was proud of herself for not screaming. "My water just broke." See? She was practically a pinnacle of serenity and strength, if she focused on her relief that things were moving alone, and not on the coming torture. Maybe she'd get lucky and it would be quick. ...Then again, when had this child ever made anything easy for her?

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Gotta love this riptide!

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff