Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Christolaide's Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:32 pm
User Image
                                                And rain falls angry on the tin roof
                                                As we lie awake in my bed.
                                                You're my survival, you're my living proof.
                                                My love is alive and not dead.

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris looked up as Ada entered, his eyes going wide as he realized that he didn't want her to see this. His mouth tried to work as she asked what happened, her fingers trailing across him as she searched for an injury that wasn't there anymore. No, he had taken care of that and-. His throat closed for a bit, not wanting to think, before he was able to find his voice. "Ada, don't. You... really don't want to touch me. Not right now." The sick feeling returned and Chris closed his eyes, taking steadying breaths as he felt at his chest. No gaping wound, that had been taken care of by the blood he drank earlier. However, that did nothing for his peace of mind, and he finally looked down and realized how bad he really looked. "I... I think I'm just going to stay out here for the night. It's safer. I... I don't..."

He didn't want to hurt her, but how was that going to happen when no matter what he said or she said he would end up hurting her anyway? It was only a matter of time before he succumbed to the monster he really was. He wrapped his arms around himself, feeling the chill sink deeper into his body. "Just go to bed. Please. You don't want to be up. N-not with me. Please." He looked up at her beseechingly, not knowing how to tell her she was in danger just by being so close. He could hear her heart beat, smell her sweet scent, and he wanted to... His jaw snapped shut as he pulled himself away from her forcefully, not even realizing that he had gotten that close. He pulled his knees up to his chest, thinking that would make it harder to get any closer to her. It was one extra step he had to make, and gave her extra time. She could apparate, get to the kids' room, and take them away from him. Maybe he should get away, go somewhere else? They'd be safer then.

════════════════════════

Thinking: This is for the best...
                                                Taken By: Adalaide Blythe
                                                OOC:

Tell me that we belong together.
                                                Dress it up with the trappings of love.
                                                I'll be captivated,
                                                I'll hang from your lips,
                                                Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Married to Christopher Whitethorne
                                                          Looking Worried at Home with Chris
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Panicked
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Ohmygod what happened?!?!?! ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Whenever, wherever, ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          We're meant to be together ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          I'll be there and you'll be near ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          And that's the deal, my dear ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceA tic started in Ada's jaw as he spoke. Oh, no, he was not pushing her away, he was not going to send her off while he sat here hating himself! "Christopher Whitethorne, do not even try to tell me what I do or do not want! What I want is to know why my husband is coming home at midnight looking like...- Tell me what the bloody hell happened!" she demanded. When he pulled away, she barely resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Dammit, she was worried about him, she wanted to know what happened. They did not have time for this! After a second, it occurred to her what had almost just happened, and rather than that scaring her, which it probably should have, it just made her look harder at him. He was paler than normal, she noticed. A sick feeling settled in her stomach. He'd been hurt, dammit. Something had happened and he'd gotten hurt somehow and he wasn't bloody telling her! She let out a little huff, literally stomping over to a jar on the coffee table, pulling out one of his blood pops. She handed it to him without a word, and then went to the kitchen. Moments later, she'd returned, forcibly shoving the glass of blood at him. "Drink," she said, tone offering no room for argument.

spaceHer eye twitched. She realized then that he wasn't wearing his wedding band, and felt herself go cold. Why... she swallowed hard. This was bad, this was so bad. And honestly, however irrational it might be, she was hurt that he wasn't wearing it. Whatever had made him take it off... he wasn't supposed to take it off, dammit! Not until... well, she didn't expect him to wear it literally forever, not if... But, now was not the time to think about that, because there was a bigger issue at hand. She cleared her throat, eyes narrowed as she watched him. "I am only asking you one more time, Chris. And you are going to tell me. Now. What. Happened?" She crossed her arms and stared at him, hard. He was not going to sit there and brood about what he'd done, dammit, he was going to tell her and they were going to talk it out. There might not be any fixing it, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to do her damnedest to try. He was her husband, dammit, she was supposed to take care of him and she was not going to let him st there hating himself. She'd already decided it'd been an accident; there was no other explanation for it. So, fine. She could work with that. It wasn't perfect, but then, nothing ever was. They would figure this out. He just had to answer her bloody question.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ Think out loud, say it again
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ Tell me one more time
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ That you'll live lost in my eyes

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:57 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris blinked as Ada got that tone in her voice that she reserved for Damien when he annoyed her for some reason, or maybe it was the same tone she used for Dominic? Whatever it happened to be for, he'd never heard it used on him before. Before he'd realized what he was doing, he had stuck the pop in his mouth and taken the glass in one hand. However, he didn't drink it right away, moving his legs back down instead and waiting for the churning in his stomach to die down first. Besides the revulsion he suddenly felt at the sight of the blood in question. It had one time been inside of a person, and whether donated or not, Chris was hesitant to drink it. However, knowing that Ada was watching, he took a deep breath and took the pop out of his mouth before drinking the other down. Setting the empty glass down, he looked back to his hands, knowing he owed her an explanation, but where did he start? Could he explain that he'd basically killed a man because the guy was being a good Samaritan? Bloody hell, look where that got his mum, for crying out loud!

However, he did owe it to her, and he had to take another deep breath, no longer smelling her as sharply or hearing her beating heart as loudly as before. That had to be a good sign. Chris pinched the bridge of his nose and than grimaced as he realized he was still covered in dried blood. It was flaking off his hands and his clothes were stiff with the brownish liquid. At least it looked less red. That helped, maybe. "I... tripped. And fell on a pole, I think. I can't really remember, because well... When I came around, I was already latched onto some guy. I..." There it was. The queasy feeling was back, and personal revulsion as well. How could he come that close to actually... But he had already done that. And trying to convince his beautiful, wonderful wife that he was endangering her and the twins was something akin to convincing a hippogryff that it should accept insults. "I couldn't stop it, Bloody hell, I couldn't even tell I had even done it until I had sucked the guy practically dry. I..."

Here his voice faltered and Chris looked back to Ada helplessly. "What if something like that happened again? I can't... I don't even know if it would happen again, but I can't risk something like that happening again. I don't want to put you in a situation like that." There, it was out. He didn't know how Ada was going to react. He certainly didn't think it was good idea for him to be so close. Maybe if he didn't see the sun in the morning he would go somewhere else where he couldn't attack someone. Did a vampire die if they didn't have any blood?

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:33 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Panicked
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceShe barely listened after he said he'd fallen on a pole; after all, what else did she need to know? She felt sick to her stomach even contemplating the fact that he'd apparently literally impaled himself, paling considerably at the thought. She'd known it'd been bad, but she hadn't really considered just how bad. But, he'd almost died! She was reeling at that, fighting to stay as calm as she was, which admittedly wasn't very calm to begin with, and not start completely panicking on him. He was here, after all, it wouldn't do any good for her to start freaking out about the fact that she'd almost lost him, not when she in fact hadn't. And, she supposed it made her a pretty horrible person, but she couldn't help thinking that she'd rather Chris be here with her than... she pushed the thought away, not caring to dwell on exactly how selfish she apparently was. She hadn't quite thought she were capable of that, but, apparently she was.

spaceAdalaide took a deep breath at his last words to keep from going off on him. He wasn't being entirely irrational, she admitted. His concerns were somewhat valid. She didn't much care for the implications, though, particularly when paired with the fact that he wasn't wearing his ring. She exhaled slowly, fighting the part of her that wanted to scream at him, and the part that wanted to cry. It wouldn't help, it wouldn't do a damn bit of good. He was upset, he had good reason to be upset, and one of them had to be the calm, rational one. Considering how much time he'd spent doing just that, it was probably her turn, anyway. Once she'd leveled her mood out, she stepped closer, taking his hands again. "Chris, it was an accident," she said firmly. "And the odds of it happening again... I really doubt you need to worry about it. It's never been a problem before. And if you're specifically worried about me, don't be. I'm not an idiot, you know. I've known what you are the entire time we've been together. I knew... especially after you told me about Dragon. Okay? I'm not afraid of you, I trust you. This is... it was an accident. But it's in the past. It won't do you any good to dwell on it or worry about what may or may not happen."

spaceHer hands slid up from his hands, along his arms and to his shoulders. "I love you," she told him, spearing him with a gaze that she hoped looked like the warning it was. 'I love you,' she thought, 'and if you don't drop this ridiculous notion that you're going to leave me I swear I will make you regret it.' Five years ago, this entire situation would have utterly terrified her. Honestly, it still did, but for an entirely different reason. At fifteen, she would've been horrified that he'd killed someone. Now, she was too busy being glad that he was alive to really care much about the how of it. No, the thing that was twisting her gut was the idea that he was going to leave out of some misguided attempt to protect her. She didn't need to be protected, dammit. Especially not from him. If he'd ever doubted her faith in him, he damn well better not now. "Chris, I almost lost you," she choked out, voice growing quieter as she drew closer, the hands on his shoulders wrapping around him. "The only thing I care about right now is the fact that you're alive. So... so just don't, okay? Whatever's going on in your head, whatever you're thinking, don't. You almost died, and I wouldn't have known what happened to you. You... you almost didn't come home. And it is taking everything in me not to completely freak out over that fact because I didn't and you're here, and that's all that matters." She pressed a kiss to his cheek, not caring about the blood. There was too much going on in her head right now for it to bother her. She took another couple of deep breaths, pulling back a bit to look at him, expression wary. She waited for the argument. It wasn't going to be that easy, she knew. But, whatever it took, right?

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:24 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris listened to Ada, chewing his bottom lip as he considered her words. There was always going to be a danger, whether Ada admitted to it or not. He couldn't think that he was completely harmless, not when he was actually a bloodsucker for however long it was. And he was certain that most people would think that he was being completely pragmatic. Heck, he would consider himself pragmatic. He loved his wife, he couldn't deny that, especially when she was willing to forgive him for something so monstrous. However, that didn't mean he could forgive himself. Had he never been turned, he would have gone into medicine and would even now probably be working on his doctorate for the chance to help people. Funny how life decided for him what he was going to do with his life.

He took a deep breath, finding it ironic how much breathing he was doing this night. He didn't know if Ada could tell what he had been thinking, but he was certain she had an idea he was about to leave. Closing his eyes, he tried to find that center that he was certain that he had lost. Was he being an idiot? Of course he probably was. And Ada freaking out over it wasn't what he wanted, either. But when did he get what he wanted? Seriously, he had been extremely lucky lately, and suddenly life had to throw this at him. It was almost a rude reminder that he wasn't human anymore. Hell, it was a rude reminder. He pulled Ada close, burying his face in her shoulder and hoping that he couldn't dirty her with his monstrous nature. "I don't know. I can't keep doing this. I mean, seriously. I hate what I happen to be, and I can't undo what was done either. And I wish I could. I don't want you or the kids to be in danger of me every time I wake up. That's not right. I don't want to be the thing they fear because I come home covered in blood again and they see." He didn't know if he could convince Ada of what he was saying. She was stubborn like the animal that represented her school house. However that didn't mean that she had to be blind. He hoped she wasn't. He knew she wasn't. He just couldn't understand why.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Panicked
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAda wasn't sure when he pulled her close if she should relax, or worry more. When she spoke, she tensed up, that tic in her jaw starting up again. She tried to breathe deeply, to stay calm, but she couldn't for the life of her find a single thing in her that was calm. "Chris." she bit out, speaking through clenched teeth. "Stop it. Now." She pulled away from him, staring him down. "You don't want me to be in danger? Guess what. I am in absolutely no more danger now than I ever have been before. Nothing has changed. Nothing. Not a damn thing. And you are not... I refuse. Whatever you're thinking. I. Refuse." She cupped his face in her hands, staring into his eyes. She was not arguing with him about this. "Need I remind you, you married me. You don't get to make decisions without me. I don't care what they are or why. I'm your ******** wife and you are going to listen to me and stop this, right ******** now."

spaceThe blonde pulled back, pinching her brow like he had moments before, eye still twitching. She took a few deep breaths. "Get out of the ******** window. Put your ******** wedding ring back on. And go get in the ******** shower. Now." It was almost uncanny how easily the words came from her lips, but then, Ada couldn't recall a time she had ever been this angry in her life. If Chris was going to leave her, it damn well wasn't going to be because he thought he was dangerous. As if something had changed about that. No, he'd just been reminded. She visibly twitched. "If I catch even the slightest hint that you are thinking of doing something stupid, Chris, I will make you regret it. Heavily. So keep that in mind and do what I say." Honestly, she was trying to figure out how best to physically prevent him from leaving. She wasn't above calling his sister if she had to. The Hufflepuff hoped it wouldn't come to that, considering she was pretty sure Eretria would be furious with him, and Ada wouldn't wish that on anyone... except Chris, if he did something stupid.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:52 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris blanched as he heard Ada swear. He'd never in his life heard her say anything like that. He honestly didn't know how to respond to that, knowing she was beyond pissed at him. However, hetook his wedding ring out and held it out. He didn't want to look at it, considering how it too was covered in blood, just like him. He bit his lip and then held it out to Ada. "I... got blood all over it. And considering how much of it is really fine detail, I don't think a shower will get it clean again. I, I'm sorry. I'll go take a shower now."

Closing his eyes, he handed it to Ada and made his way to the shower. It wasn't like he could shut off his head. No matter what Ada might think. He just couldn't. But he couldn't hurt her like this either. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, he mused. He entered the bathroom and shut the door securely, turning away from the mirror so he couldn't look at himself. He quickly undressed and stepped into the shower, turning it as hot as he could. He really wanted to forget tonight, and he doubted he could. He went through the task of scrubbing every inch of him that he could, wincing a bit when he hit the place where the pole had gone through him. He glanced down and saw a faint scar, and he banged his head against the shower wall as he closed his eyes again. Yet another permanent reminder of how much of a screwup he was. However, the shower didn't remain hot for long, and he was forced to leave it. Towelling off, he wrapped the towel around himself and made his way to the living room. He didn't think he could sleep, not this early in the night. He simply leaned against the wall and stared at the window again, his mind elsewhere.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:34 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Panicked
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAda's eyes sparked as he handed her the ring, but she took it all the same. She watched through narrowed eyes as he made his way to the bathroom, letting out an aggravated breath when he closed the door behind him. She hadn't really meant for him to lock himself in there, she thought with a roll of her eyes. Pretty sure him being alone with his thoughts wasn't going to help anything. Actually, all it did was give him time to regroup and try to come up with more ridiculous reasons to justify leaving. 'For her own protection.' Hmph. Ridiculous. She stalked towards the bedroom, letting out an aggravated groan as she passed the bathroom door, exaggerating the noise so that he could hear it, grabbing her wand off the nightstand. Then, she returned to the living room, pausing to hear that he'd started the shower. She felt a slight twinge of guilt thinking of the look on his face before he'd gone to the shower, but shoved it down. He was being stupid, she was not going to feel guilty for correcting his misguided, idiotic attempts to protect her. As if she needed protecting from her husband, of all people. From him. She snorted again, a couple of charms cleaning the blood from his ring so it shined like new. She held it out in her palm, staring at it, hard. She would weld the damn thing to his finger if he didn't put it back on as soon as he was out.

spaceShe felt heard the shower go off, the door open. When he walked into the living room, she glanced up at him from the corner of her eye. Ada leaned back on the couch, pointing to the seat next to her. "Sit." Again, it wasn't a request. Honestly, she wasn't really requesting anything from him tonight. Requesting implied he had a choice in the matter. Which, as far as she was concerned, he didn't have a choice in much of anything until he got his head on straight. Maybe it was a bit hypocritical given that she'd just told him that they made their decisions together, but, this was different. Somehow. She wasn't exactly thinking clearly on the matter. She was too pissed off. Ada held her hand out then, his ring still sitting in the middle of her palm. "Funny thing about being married to a witch... if you'd waited about five seconds, it would've been clean before you walked off." She was actively fighting looking at him at this point. Mostly because he was in nothing but a towel. That was something she really didn't need to focus on right now. She couldn't let herself get distracted... and he was very, very distracting. Honestly, with how much she'd been worried about him, and finding out what'd happened, she would've loved nothing more than to- Yeah, except she couldn't, because he still had that look on his face. She swallowed hard, finally looking at him. Her eyes caught on the mark on his chest, and she felt her heart leap into her throat, a small, choked sound escaping before she could stop it. A fair bit of her anger dissipated at the sight of it, mostly because it was sort of hard to stay angry with him when she was too busy being upset that she'd almost lost him. "Chris..." She didn't have any words. She just wanted him to sit down and to climb in his lap and be with him because she could. Because he was alive. Maybe she shouldn't have been so happy about that, considering what he'd done, but hell, people did all sorts of insane things when their survival instincts kicked in. Fight or flight was a serious thing. Normal humans, muggles, had literally drawn straws to see which one of them the rest would get to eat in order to stay alive when they'd be stranded in the mountains. That wasn't even the same thing, she reasoned; those people had made a choice. Chris hadn't even done that, it was an accident. It wasn't his fault. On the scale of awfulness... it barely even mattered. At least, that was how she felt. She just hoped she could convince him of the same.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:18 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris looked over to Ada as she told him to sit. No question in her voice, just a simple command. A ghost of a smile flitted across his face as he thought that his brother used to do the same way back when. Then agai, Chalmes could always tell when something bad had happened. That's how they found out their father had been imperioused. Chalmes didn't even have to look at his face to know that their father had struck him. Though, the fact that it had been that apparent that he really wasn't okay troubled him. He was pretty sure that he could think of plenty of people that wouldn't be as troubled by it. Still, knowing he kind of didn't have a choice, he walked over and sat down next to Ada, the smile becoming a bit stronger as she told him off basically for walking off without waiting. He slipped the ring back on and squeezed her hand gently. He really ought to remember that no matter what, she did say that she would be with him through better or worse, and this did qualify for the latter. "Thanks. I... I'm sorry. I guess tonight wasn't such a good night for going for a walk. Probably should turn in my membership in the vampire club, huh? What vampire trips? Seriously."

His comment was of course full of self-depreciating humor, but it was better than the morose tones he had earlier. Maybe. When he saw her eyes alight upon his chest, he winced, knowing that it was pretty bad looking from what he saw in the bathroom. Her quiet utterance of his name made him bite his lip, and he reached out and hugged her. He took a shaky breath and hugged her as tightly as he dared before releasing her and looking at her. "Hey. I'm okay. You said so yourself. I... just have to work through this. I mean, at least I'm not thinking of staying up past dawn right now, that's a plus, right? I'll be fine, I think. Just need time." Was he convincing her or him? He wasn't sure. He could have been trying to talk himself into believing it.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:38 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Panicked
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAda was somewhat placated when he didn't argue and took the ring, sitting next to her on the couch. Honestly, she found the attempt at humor a bit obnoxious, considering the state she'd found him in, but it was better than the brooding. She tried for a smile, but it wouldn't quite come. Instead, she curled up against him as he embraced her, hand sliding over the scar on his chest. She drew a shaky breath, trying to focus on the fact that no, he wasn't dead. It wouldn't do any good for her to panic over something that had almost happened. "Please be more careful," she whispered. The idea of something actually happening to him... she couldn't even consider it. It was too awful.

spaceShe didn't buy it when he said he was okay, but she wasn't going to argue with him. He was at least trying to be, right? Unless it was an act. It wouldn't be that hard for him to wait until she went to sleep and... then, his next words registered, and she froze. The blonde literally felt her blood run cold, and the tic started in her jaw again. She twitched. "What." It wasn't even a question, because she didn't want him to repeat it. Actually, she'd like to pretend she'd never heard it. But she had. Woodenly, she extracted herself from his arms, staring at him like she didn't even recognize him. "You... you were going to..." She couldn't even finish the sentence. Ada stood, inhaling sharply. She'd known it was bad, but she hadn't known... She didn't even know how to process that. "... You. ********. Idiot." She could feel the rage clawing at her chest, and she tried to fight it down. She wanted to throw up. "You... you..." She couldn't even put into words how she felt. Adalaide turned then, not even able to look at him right now, because what the ******** was wrong with him?! He was so worried about hurting her that he'd... and he wasn't even going to tell her what happened, no, hed just been planning on... She felt sick and numb and a million other things she couldn't put a name to. Not knowing what else to do, how to even try to begin processing this bit of information, she simply walked to their bedroom and crawled into bed, curling into a ball. She didn't quite know when she'd started crying, but she was. She'd thought he was going to leave... apparently, she'd been right.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:59 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris nodded against her, knowing that he would try to be, and probably would have suggested that she get some sleep... up until she reacted to his last words. His brain was trying to register what exactly was wrong until his brain ran through what he had just said. Merlin's beard, did he just admit he had been thinking of seeing the sun again? Yeah, that was probably the worst move he could have made this night, considering everything that had happened. Except it didn't end. She stood, calling him an idiot, and considering what he just did, he couldn't blame her. He stared after her as she left, his brain in overdrive as he tried to think of what he could say or do to make this right. He could, right? He lurched to his feet, muttering under his breath about how he was a blithering idiot and that he should really think before he opened his mouth. Wasn't that one of the reasons his brother had decked him when he told him what happened years ago? Bloody hell, Chalmes had better social graces than he did! He followed right after her, knowing that he had to do something to make this right. "Ada, I'm sorry. I just... Look, I didn't know what the bloody hell I was thinking of. I just..."

He just what? Figured he was going to be a martyr and make sure he didn't have the issue ever again? He shook his head, trying to gather his thoughts about what he wanted to say. Which was difficult enough as it was. He sighed, settling on the bed beside Ada and reaching out to rub her shoulder. He just hoped that she wouldn't turn away from him. "Ada, look, I wasn't thinking straight. I... I would never want you to go through something like that. But I know that I would never want to do something like I did tonight. I'm sorry." He didn't know what else to say. He didn't know how to fix this, and he doubted he knew of anyone that had this kind of problem.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:31 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Panicked
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide had to give him credit, she thought wryly, wanting to snort at the thought. It hadn't taken him long to start trying to fix it. Except, she didn't quite know how he expected to fix that. She didn't show any sign that she registered his presence, didn't so much as blink at his touch. There was a long silence after he spoke while she tried to figure out what to say. Honestly, she wasn't sure she even wanted to talk to him right now. Her eye twitched again. Finally, she spoke, the words quiet and muffled. She didn't have the strength for anything else. "I almost lost you," she reiterated, doing as best she could to emphasize that, because she really, really wanted him to think about it. "You came home, covered in blood, most of which was your own, and you tell me you tripped and nearly died. And I had to shove down every single thing I felt about that, because you were upset because of what you did so that you could come home to me and I had to talk you through it. And then you tell me that... that if I hadn't been awake, if I'd gone to bed instead of staying up and worrying about you..." She inhaled sharply, chest pained at the thought of what she was about to put into words. She didn't want to put it into words. She didn't want to think about it. But she couldn't stop thinking about it. She didn't know if she ever would. "I would have gotten up in the morning for work, and you'd have just been gone. That's it. And I never would have known what happened or why." Her head turned then, looking up at him. The blonde swallowed, fighting to keep from letting her silent tears turn into the hacking sobs she could feel coming. "... How could you even think about doing that to me?" she asked brokenly. Really, she didn't want him to answer that question. She didn't want him to try and defend that. What she wanted was for him to say that it wouldn't have come to that, that a few minutes, maybe an hour, would've cleared his head. That he wouldn't have ever actually gone through with it. But... but what if he would have? She turned her head away again, curling up tighter, her arms sliding around her legs to hold them to her chest. She just wanted this behind them. She wanted to know that he would never, ever, ever do that to her, and that this whole thing was over and done with. Except, she didn't know how to do that... and honestly, she doubted if he knew any better than she did. Which wasn't particularly comforting.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:44 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris sat silently for a monent digesting what Ada had just said. He didn't have an answer, since he obviously wasn't thinking. And that was the problem. Had he actually been thinking, he might not have. However, he couldn't tell her that he might not have. That word alone, might, would confirm for her that he didn't care. Which wasn't true. He sighed, his arms crossing before himself before he decided no, he was overthinking this. Seriously overthinking it. He reached over and pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her and trying not to think. He wasn't going to let her go, not like this. He refused to. He stroked her hair, trying to calm her down. "I didn't. It doesn't matter what I was thinking earlier, I'm not thinking it now. I won't."

Taking a breath (seriously, he really needed to stop doing that, but it was reaffirming he could still do that), he took her hand and laid it against his chest. He then blinked as he realized that no, he hadn't had a heartbeat in years. He then facepalmed, realizing that this wasn't proving his point that he was still here. One thing he could do, he wasn't sure if she would appreciate. However, he couldn't think of anything else. Taking her chin with his free hand, he leaned over and kissed her, trying to pour everything he felt into it. That was something he could do to prove that he was still there. His arms wrapped around her and he pulled her closer. "I can't promise that I won't think of something like that again, but I can promise you this. I won't, not as long as you're here. I love you too much to do that. I hope you understand that." No, his issues weren't gone, but he refused to let them be the reason the one thing he did right in the world died.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll be captivated,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:35 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Panicked
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide didn't fight him when he drew her into his arms; part of her wanted to. Part of her didn't want him to touch her, to talk to her, to be anywhere near her, because she felt so utterly furious with what he'd almost done. But she loved him. She needed him. That was why it hurt so damn much. So, no, she couldn't bring herself to pull away. But she didn't move on her own, didn't return the embrace or make any move to touch him. It felt needy to do that. She was pretty sure she looked pathetic enough without the gesture. She certainly felt it. There was a small part of her that hated how comforting she found his touch. He was the one who'd hurt her like this, she shouldn't want him like this right now. But... she was hurt because she'd almost lost him. So didn't it make sense that his presence made it better? Even if it was just a little bit?

spaceAt least the conviction in his voice was appropriately convincing. Though, she had to admit, it wasn't his words that did it. The hand on his chest curled as he pressed his lips to hers, her eyes sliding closed as she centered her focus just on his kiss. When he kissed her like that, it was really hard not to believe that he knew just how badly he'd screwed up. And that he knew better than to make the same mistake again. His next words almost made her falter on that, but, honestly, she figured that was about as good as she was going to get from him while he was still dealing with what he'd done. She slid her hands around his neck, pulling his lips to hers this time, kissing him for all it was worth. "You scared me," she told him when she pulled away, lips barely an inch from his. "Don't scare me like that again." She laid her head on his shoulder, pressing a kiss there, then to his neck, wrapping herself around him like she could hold him down and keep him from ever leaving her, literally. "I love you." Ada was torn between a few things at this point. She was exhausted. She'd stayed up later than usual because she'd been worried about him, and everything that'd happened since he'd walked in the door had completely worn her out. But after all that... she didn't want to sleep. Not even remotely. She could think of a lot of things she'd like to do, actually, most of them involving him, her, their bed, and not much else. Not that she held out much hope on that front. The only things she knew for certain right now were that he was not leaving this room anytime soon, if she had to magically seal him in, and that she was not going in to work in the morning. Jason could make her work extra hours or skip a day off or whatever if he wanted, but no way was she getting up tomorrow and dealing with work. She'd spend all day in bed curled up to him if she had her way. Actually, that was exactly what she planned on doing, she thought. Pumpkin could come get her if she needed help with the twins, but other than that? She wasn't getting out of bed.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:39 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely in the Alley with Derek
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Terrified
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ . . . . . . . ! ❞

w h є n є v є r , w h є r є v є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wє'rє mєαnt tσ вє t σ g є t h є r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          í'll вє t h є r є αnd чσu'll вє n є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          αnd t h α t ' s thє dєαl, m ч d є α r ❀ ❀ ❀xxx

spaceAdalaide had stormed out of the building with an annoyed expression on her face, fists clenched in exasperation. Dammit, for having such short legs, Mina was a spry little thing sometimes! She'd opened the window for half a second and the cat had hopped her merry little self right up on the counter and out it, faster than Ada could even think of trying to catch her. The Hufflepuff had contemplated for all of a second just letting her go. The cat was smart enough, she'd have found her way back home. But there'd been a couple of rough looking dogs in the back alley a few nights ago, and there'd been this persistent dark cloud lurking about for a couple of weeks now that Ada hadn't been able to shake. Not wanting the creature to befall some ill fate simply because she was a foolish little thing with a sense of adventure, she'd muttered several insults under her breath as she'd made her way outside and around back.

spaceBrown eyes roamed the alley, thankful that there was still at least a little light out. Otherwise she'd have had to make Chris do this first thing after he'd fed. Actually, that might've been a better idea... Once he located the cat, he would've been able to simply levitate it back to himself. Her hand instinctively went to her hair, only to find that, dammit, it wasn't up in its usual bun, and her wand was no where to be found. Actually, that wasn't quite true. She knew it exactly where it was; sitting on the counter in the kitchen, where she'd set it down before trying to grab at Mina with both hands. She sighed, shaking her head at herself. She should've taken wandless, Ada thought wistfully. Then it wouldn't matter that she kept leaving the damn thing laying about. Of course, the one spell she did have down pat without it was the summoning spell, for that exact purpose, to be able to summon it when she forgot it somewhere, but she couldn't exactly do that right now; how would it get to her? Particularly without being seen by some muggle.

spaceHer musing was interrupted by the sound of footsteps behind her; Ada's back stiffened, the hair on the back of her neck standing on end, but she didn't change her course or her stance. It was probably nothing, she told herself, even as everything in her was screaming to run. She kept her pace even, still calling out for her cat, trying to act as if nothing were amiss. The steps grew closer, and she felt her heart speed up, fists clenching, but this was her only reaction. It wasn't until she heard someone call her name that she finally paid any mind to the footsteps, freezing in her tracks. Her face grew pale, eyes shutting closed. Derek.

spaceHer immediate thought was to apparate away, but she'd waited too long, and he was too close; his hand encircled her wrist and he pulled her to him. Ada let out a scream, loud, praying that one of the neighbors would overhear it. He yanked her against him, his free hand covering her mouth and smothering her screams. "Don't do that, Adalaide," he muttered, sounding almost sad. "I know, I know you think I'm gonna hurt you. But it's not like that, it's not. He's hurting you. He's got you all twisted up. It's not natural, what he is, what he did."

spaceAda twisted in his arms, teeth gnashing, but he was strong, and she was tiny. She tried to bite his hand, but he didn't eve flinch, not even when she dug her teeth so deep she tasted blood. "See?" Derek said sadly, "This is what he did to you. You're such a nice girl, Adalaide. So nice and sweet and soft, and he's got you all messed up. He's a monster, Adalaide. They all are. You don't even know what he's doing to you."

spaceShe was losing this fight, she thought hysterically, whatever Derek wanted to do to her, there was nothing she could do to stop it. She stopping biting, stopped thrashing, relaxing every part of her body until she was slumped in his arms. Maybe if he thought she'd given up, he'd let her go, or at least loosen his grip enough that she could get out, and she'd be able to run. Apparate as soon as he wasn't close enough to grab her. She wanted to feel bad about the prospect of splinching the guy, but she was so far beyond pity for him at this point. He was a lunatic, and for whatever reason, he'd seized on her, created this image in his head. She'd not seen him for weeks now, had thought she was safe, that he'd moved on... apparently not. The last time they'd spoken, through the door of Dogweed and Deathcap, she'd told him she'd call the authorities if he didn't leave, and he'd told her that he needed to save her. She hadn't understood it; still didn't, really. Obviously he was talking about- Wait.

spaceRealization suddenly dawned; he'd called Chris a monster, had blamed Chris when she'd bitten his hand. Somehow, he knew. She swallowed. He knew about Chris, what he was, and he was... what, trying to save her? ********, ********. No, okay. She could work with that. She could... she could do something, dammit! If ever there was a time in her life to spontaneous develop the ability to lie, this would be it, she thought hysterically. She didn't move for a long moment, still slumped in Derek's arms, waiting.

spaceDerek moved his hand off her mouth then, and it slid to her hair, petting it absently. She choked down the revulsion, thinking that if she lived through this - and she was absolutely going to live through this, dammit! - there was not enough soap in the world to wash this uck off of her. Derek had never had the best hygiene, but what little care he'd taken with himself before had all but vanished since the last time she'd seen him. The guy reeked, not that she should be concerned about that right now, but it was at least taking her mind off wondering what exactly he was planning on doing to her. She whimpered a little. "Derek. Derek. You're... you're hurting me. You're holding too tight," she said desperately, hoping he'd relax his grip, even just a little. She was small, spry. She could wiggle her way out if she had enough room to wiggle.

spaceInstead, he shook his head. "You'll run," he choked out, looking for all the world like the thought of it broke his heart. "You'll run and get away and go back to him, and he'll keep twisting you up. He'll make you a monster like he is." She whimpered again, closing her eyes.

space"You... you want to help me," she said, trying to moderate her voice, trying not to sound as terrified as she felt. "I... Thank you. For wanting to help me." Her mind was moving too quickly for her to even hope of managing to say anything else, coming up with and discarding ideas before she could even really consider them. Everything she wanted to say, she thought of some way it could set him off.

spaceDerek let out a sound, something like an animal caught in a trap, painful and inhuman. "You think you don't need it. But you do," he told her. "I tried, I tried to save you. But you ran away from me, you locked me out. I tried to help you, but he's got you, you're so ******** up, Adalaide. You don't even see it anymore. I... I tried and tried to think of what to do. But... But there's nothing to do. I didn't want it to be this way, I wanted to help. But... But I can't just let him have you, I can't let him hurt you anymore."

spaceAda's eyes went wide, the realization of what exactly his plan was hitting her. Oh, gods. His last statement was dripping with 'If I can't have you, no one can.' He'd twisted it up in his head so that he was a bloody hero, that he was saving her, but he... The hand petting her hair stopped then, and he reached down towards his pocket. The change in stance gave her the smallest of windows, and she took it, twisting herself in his arms to try and get away. She made it half a step before he'd grabbed her again, this time by the shoulder, and shoved her into the wall. "I knew you'd run," he cried, angry now, face turning red. "I knew you would! He's ruined you, you can't see... You don't think you need help. That's why... I can't help you. But... but I can save you!" he said, and then thrust his arm forward. She saw the flash of silver glinting in the light of the setting sun, felt a pain like nothing she'd ever felt in her gut, screaming out louder than the first time. He repeated the action four more times, five stab wounds to her stomach, tears forming in his eyes. Her own were as dry as a desert; everything felt wrong, everything was wrong. She was sliding down the wall, everything hurt so much, but everything was going numb, she couldn't feel anything but she felt too much, and there was hot liquid all over her. Her mouth moved like she would speak, but no sound came out, and he was crying, saying he'd had to do it, that she'd given him no choice. She should have listened to him.

xxx❀ ❀ ❀ thínk σut l σ u d , sαч ít α g α í n
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ tєll mє σ n є m σ r є t í m є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thαt чσu'll l í v є l σ s t ín mч є ч є s

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash