Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
Foxy Lady Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 pm
sdrawkcab

Aww thanks, I try. xD And now I'm looking forward to catching up. I haven't had much Gaia time since Friday. Tomorrow should be good, I think. c:
I love the ghostie avi. xD It's adorable.

There is no rush. I'll be around! cat_biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:35 pm
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab

Aww thanks, I try. xD And now I'm looking forward to catching up. I haven't had much Gaia time since Friday. Tomorrow should be good, I think. c:
I love the ghostie avi. xD It's adorable.

There is no rush. I'll be around! cat_biggrin

Woot. I've been slowly rambling away on a reply ... while checking out NSTG's Halloween event. ^^  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:07 pm
Phaedrina
I haven’t seen any items from Admin yet, but at least now I have an understanding of what it will mean. Perhaps tonight I will see something as I’m working on the response to you! There must be a lot of people both donating and diving in order for the dumpster to be empty. I just tried again, and I guess I won’t have to wait as long as I thought. I got some rocks for the Aquarium. Do you use your aquarium? What about your house? I got some items for the house with the chance today.

Ah~ yeah people usually keep it pretty stocked up with the philosopher's caches. I rarely see admin donations... but I've gotten nothing but items from the admin today.

I used my aquarium for a while when the feature was new. I don't remember how much gold I got per day, but I kept using it because the daily rewards from the overseer were worth it. Eventually, my fish ran out and I didn't want to pay to restock it, even though it didn't cost much to throw in a goldfish. That was before we had Dumpster Dive. Dumpster Dive slightly rekindled my love of the aquarium. I used some of the lite fish and I love all the decorations I get. o wo
Before that, the types of decorations that we got through the Daily Chance were just... ugly... That space satellite robot thing, an earth, a red phonograph that plays creepy music, and a handful of backgrounds. Now? I have so much pretty stuff. <3 I think if I had that stuff earlier, my interest wouldn't have waned so quickly.
Aquarium is an expensive hobby. Er, at first the good decorations all cost cash (how I remember it) and all of the good fish (cost cash. Heck, I bought quite a few fish with cash in my lifetime. XD But that's because they use to get the best cash to gold conversion in the marketplace.) It cost a lot to make a good tank, but Booty Grab was so popular that dedicated people could make their money back in droves (of gold). Gaia likes to say that Booty Grab is a set it and forget it type of thing, but it's not. x ---x; You shell out a lot of cash/gold to fill your tank. Then it was a lot of work to make sure that your tank is at the right place at the right time so that users will actually see and play it when it glows. Ugh. Never got into that side of it. I haven't wandered into the BG forum in a while. I do wonder how people are fairing... I can't imagine that tanks are as profitable now since (I think) less people are playing BG.

But, short answer, I used to use the aquarium. xD And sometimes I think about adding a fish into it... but I got tired of feeding fish every day.

>D I like my house. I don't use my house, but I like it. XD You see, back when Towns was first released, everyone rushed to plant their house on the first day. And then it actually filled up and people had to wait to place houses. But not me. I have a house in one of the neighborhoods on the first page of Towns. ;D Quite good real estate.
Not the best spot to have, actually. Twice, I walked into my home to find a user in it. :/ Never caught the users' names since they would disappear as soon as I entered. I mean, what are the odds of that? And, if I found people twice.... how often were people going in my home!? x .x;
I used Towns for a while. I collected trash and all that jazz. But, you know, I just don't fit in with the Towns/Towns2 crowd so I avoid it. (I avoid the flash spaces in general). I feel sorta bad. xD I'm giving such a jaded-sounding response so far. It's not that bad. I just don't have the free Gaia time that I used to...
I like my house though. I just took a screen shot... it'll probably stretch the page:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I change it from time to time. I've gotten hundreds of different housing items from the Daily Chance. I haven't spent a dime on my house. (Uh, a Gaia dime of ten gold?) And It shows. XD It's so random. I've seen a lot of gorgeous houses that people have made. I just like my randomness. @ 3@ Heck, housing items are relatively cheap in today's economy, but I've always preferred to spend my gold on items that I can wear. Houses can be fun though. In my house, the lights, TV and arcade game turn on and off. My mug of hot chocolate has animated steam. That creepy Diedrich (green bunny) walks in place...

Oh gosh, sorry. XD; I'm going to chop the post off right here. > <; Um, have you been feeding your fish each day? o: What do you think about having an aquarium of virtual fish. And towns.. Do you think you'll furnish your home? Have you started?

Oh wait! I did spend some gold on housing items. I believe that I bought a cardboard box and a couple of wooden boxes just so my home wasn't empty. It stayed that way for a long time. @ .@;

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:33 pm
Phaedrina
I’ll probably just see how the day feels with the Philosopher’s Caches. I opened the one I got earlier today, and randomly picked an item, but it looks like I may have to put a bit more thought into the process. I don’t think the item I got will be able to sell for as much as the bag could have. I think I will need to do some research before picking an item in the future! Any chance at getting heart charms is worth it, if I am going to collect them and try for an item.

I found the shop H&R Wesley and bought one of the bags! I think I couldn’t find the item in the MP because I just copied the whole name of the bag, rather than just Wesley. That will be a good reminder in the future to try different variations. I did manage to get a shirt, and the average price of the shirt would make up for the cost of the grab bag, but the lowest price is about half of the price. I might hold onto the shirt to see if it goes up later! Do they announce when they create a new item? Or did you have to watch the shop every day?

You know, I think I may have just been oblivious to the money portion because I didn’t have any to spend on something online. I probably won’t buy anything with real money any time soon, and just collect the cash through the videos like you do. Adds a challenge, rather than being able to buy whatever I would like. Hopefully that will keep me interested, and not frustrate me!

Oh. The one that's called "Philosopher's Cache" has a chance of granting a Heart Charm. If the bag has a color in the title (like gold, aquamarine, or ruby), they won't grant Heart Charms. You can only pick alchemy components from those colored caches. It's so tricky to talk about the caches. The names are too similar. > <
And, yeah, it's best to know which component to pick. I haven't sat down and figured this out for myself yet, so I won't be of much use here. However, I have seen other users talking about it. For example, there's a bag that sells on average for 2k.... yet it has a component with a sell back value of 10k. So, if you don't mind opening caches, you could buy up a bunch of those bags, sell the component, and profit 8k per bag.
Oh. Random fact. Another way of making gold on this site is to open bags for Alchemists. XD Seriously. They don't want to sit around and open bags all day. For example, I saw one guy offer that he'll send over a 1000 Philosopher Cache bundle to someone, then offer that person x amount of gold per bag they trade back. He was only looking for 2 or 3 colors and the person could keep the rest of the bags that they'd opened. .... I haven't checked out the alchemy forum in a couple months, but I'd imagine that there are still lazy Alchemists. xD;

Hmmm... The grab bag items used to raise in price. Grab Bags used to be removed from the shops. However, now they're just shifted over into Loyal's Bazaar. > <; There's a chance that it'll raise in price as the bag becomes less popular, but not by much.... unless it's one of the rarer items.
The Grab Bag won't be updated with new items, sadly. If you want to play for profit, the best time is to wait for another grab bag to appear for another shop. And that --- I don't know when that will happen. New grab bags don't appear often.

XD I can tell you that I went through a period of frustration since I don't spend money on this site. I'm okay with it now... but I'm still slightly frustrated. I see soooo many pretty items in the Cash Shop that I want. @ .@ Oh my gosh, I really really want all of these orange and black items that were released this month. I'm content with what I have. It's just not pretty like all of the new items with the gorgeous leg and arm mods. D; I also hope that you don't become frustrated, but you sound pretty okay with Gaia so far. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:44 pm
Phaedrina

Once I read the messages from the Welcoming Fairy, I deleted the ones I wasn’t interested in afterwards. Unfortunately that means I don’t have a lot of them, but I will keep the ones I have from now on. I have done a couple searches in the forum, but it looks mostly like people are complaining about The Welcoming Fairy targeting them after being members for years. I’ll keep checking, maybe ask in a couple different forums. If I don’t see anything in the next week or so, maybe it would be helpful to make an archive! It would be fun to make something that could be useful! It would be even better if we could work together!

Bedtime now – I will write back to the rest tomorrow. I’m sorry I wasn’t overly focused tonight. I was watching Survivor at the same time.

How many messages does the Fairy send? o: I know there are a lot of aspects to Gaia, but I can't imagine how many topics they talk about. @ .@;
And I like that idea. =D Sounds great. ^^
And o: you're better than I am. XD I wouldn't be able to write anything while watching survivor. I do usually multi-task somehow, but I don't think I'd be able to form words. ...And have said words make sense.

Phaedrina
I really appreciated all the feedback about the art, and the difficulty with pricing items. I think I like the idea you mentioned about doing a freebie shop. I would be happy to make items for people who can’t afford to buy anything, and if someone wanted to leave a tip, I would be happy to accept! I’ll have to wander over and take a peek. Any excuse to practice is always appreciated! I think I will enjoy this a lot more than playing some of the games, anyway!

What are the things you would want to do to make gold? I just love how every time I see your avatar you have something different on. I guess that is one of the joys of having a ton of items!

Well, it would be sad to miss out on zOMG, so hopefully the game does come back! What did they do for the special events on there? I couldn’t find anything about the game on the Gaia website, so took a chance and did a Google search. I found a link to zOMG from Google, so was able to read up a bit about the game. It looks like fun! It must have been quite something when the game first came out. The drawings and colors are so vivid, and the scenes look so cute.

And it's a good excuse to practice your art~ ^ ___^ My friend used to have an art shop. She'd also do freebies sometimes. I used to hang out in her threads. I know that communities/forums can change, but I loved hanging out in the art forums because people were so nice. I mean, of course, duh... If they're in a thread and trying to get art for free, they'd better act politely. XD; But I mean aside from that, the users really did come in to chat for a while and seemed genuinely nice.

Oh @ .@ I don't know. Ummm~ I'd like to post. I know it would be horrible for the economy to raise the gold earned per post, but it's paltry. u .u; Other than that, I don't know. OMG. Anything I start to type here makes me sound so crotchety. XDD; I think I'll finish this post, head to bed, and hopefully wake up on the less pessimistic side of the bed. Gee gosh.
And thanks~ that was my goal for the longest time. ^ ___^ I just wanted to be like the users who could change their avatar every day (heck, every hour!) and look different each time. * w* I pretty much have quantity over quality. I could (and should) sell off some of my lesser-used items to buy the new items that I want. However, I'm crazy and I actually do use my items. xD;

Playing zOMG is sort of like walking around Towns, except that monsters will attack you along the way. For Halloween, Jack would appear at random and users had to band together to take him down. (Jack is our Halloween mascot and has been around forever.) Also, a special instance was created where you could fight different monsters from the normal for some recipes and ingredients that appeared only during that event. The rings also had a pretty high drop rate. I completed my ring collection and leveled my first set of rings to the max level during that first Halloween. @ .@
For Christmas, the main town got a tree that blossomed into a bigger tree as the 25th approached. You could click on presents once an hour (OMG, or was it once a day?) for a chance at gold and other items. I believe that there were also special xmas-themed items, but I can't picture them right now.
Easter was fun. Eggs were hidden everywhere (in specific spots). The only problem was every user saw the same eggs so you literally had to click on and attack the egg first in order to get the prize. You could earn gold or recipes and ingredients related to Easter.
The neat part about zOMG is that the staff took a lot of what is canon to the Gaia storyline, embellished it, and made a game out of it. It was neat to be sent on quests by the NPC shopkeepers and stuff like that. .... But that's the inherent downside of the game, I think. It's made for those who already love Gaia (or know something about the site's humor).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 pm
Phaedrina

I’m really looking forward to my first event! How far in advance do these events normally take place? I imagine the stores allowing for ToTing will likely not be in advance, and only on Halloween itself? I checked out Barton Boutique, and now have a Halloween costume. It makes me giggle every time I look at it, so I will call it a success. I think I like being human so far, but what are the other options?

Which item did you craft with GoFusion? Which items are you looking forward to making? There is nothing wrong with being a hoarder. In a lot of ways, it makes me smile. When I go through my items right now, I have the memories of my previous encounter here years ago, and then I have some new items now. The combination is quite neat. I can’t imagine selling any more of my original items, even though some of them are listed for a moderate sum. I find I keep forgetting about the Dumpster Dive though. I will get caught up with writing back to someone, or browsing, or trying to find items, and I keep forgetting to click. I almost need to get a timer set up to remind me, lol!

So.. I’ve tried searching a few different ways, but couldn’t manage to see a thread with all the original Welcome Fairy messages. I put a request in the Questions and Assistance section, so if there is a thread that exists already, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. If not, maybe we can work on having the information available as a resource?

Copying everything into Word made it much easier to reply to the messages! It is good to learn the tips about opening in a new window, and using preview to go through the message. Now I just have to make sure I put aside enough time without distractions so I can finish what I start!

I so can't waaaaiiiittttt~ @ .@ Hahaha, I just want to know if the ToT items will be any good this year. Some years are rather... crappy. We usually get two weeks for events. I haven't been paying attention, but I think events have been lasting for about a week now. I'm really not sure, but I'm expecting the event to start at the end of this week.
...but but but, I just noticed that the pumpkin is gone from the header. That means that it can start any time now. 8D And, according to the GCD rumor mill, we've already seen one ad for the event go up (and get taken down). So now I'm hoping for today or tomorrow. <3
ToTing will last for the whole event. ^^ You'll have days to be able to complete it. And you might need it. @ .@ It usually takes me hours to collect a full set of the ToT items from the shops. > <

As far as the human base goes, you can buy potions from Skin Tyte that will turn you into an elf, orc, centaur, vampire, angelic imp, demonic imp or alien. I think that's all of them. XD; All of these changes use the human base and are permanent until you drink a potion to become human again. You also still equip the usual human clothing.
On the other hand, have you noticed the little heads above the Save button in the dress up screen? If you click them, you can turn into a cat, dog, wolf? or bunny. In that state, you can only wear items that have the [animal] tag in their name. The animal bases were just released this year. ^^ Many users even use those bases full time now and sold all of their human items to buy animal ones. You can also buy skins that will turn you into raccoons, spiders, sheep, mice... etc.

I made Warm Marionette Bangs. I wrote down what the cost was, but don't have it handy.
I currently have my eye on Bull King (for the nose) and Sleepy Time. I was saving for the Brown Panda Hat, but it's not worth the cost for me. Too many charms. I haven't gotten around to making the items yet since I want to double check whether it's better to fuse or buy from the marketplace.
Aww <3 that's so sweet, isn't it? I've sold many items over the years, but I've held onto the first items I originally wore. n .n Can't sell those even though I no longer wear them. > < I also have a few items from over the years that were gifts. I like to think of those users from time to time, even though they're no longer on Gaia. And, you know what? The ghostie item was my first ever Halloween costume. For that reason, I just love that item. XD So looking at your avatar makes me smile.

I've seen your thread in the forum, but haven't clicked on it yet. o: Yeah, hopefully there's a thread, but if not~ we definitely need to make a resource. :3

*laughs* Yeah that's my problem when I'm on Gaia, too. Just like how you said that you replied while watching Survivor (new one tomorrow, woot!), I like to try to multi-task. And often Gaia is my side task. > < .... It'll especially be my side task once Halloween starts. o wo I'll be clicking on a new shop every time I pass by my computer. XD;; But yeah... I do hope you can set aside some time. ^^ Have you been able to get into any RPing like you wanted?

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 pm
sdrawkcab

Ah~ yeah people usually keep it pretty stocked up with the philosopher's caches. I rarely see admin donations... but I've gotten nothing but items from the admin today.

I used my aquarium for a while when the feature was new. I don't remember how much gold I got per day, but I kept using it because the daily rewards from the overseer were worth it. Eventually, my fish ran out and I didn't want to pay to restock it, even though it didn't cost much to throw in a goldfish. That was before we had Dumpster Dive. Dumpster Dive slightly rekindled my love of the aquarium. I used some of the lite fish and I love all the decorations I get. o wo
Before that, the types of decorations that we got through the Daily Chance were just... ugly... That space satellite robot thing, an earth, a red phonograph that plays creepy music, and a handful of backgrounds. Now? I have so much pretty stuff. <3 I think if I had that stuff earlier, my interest wouldn't have waned so quickly.
Aquarium is an expensive hobby. Er, at first the good decorations all cost cash (how I remember it) and all of the good fish (cost cash. Heck, I bought quite a few fish with cash in my lifetime. XD But that's because they use to get the best cash to gold conversion in the marketplace.) It cost a lot to make a good tank, but Booty Grab was so popular that dedicated people could make their money back in droves (of gold). Gaia likes to say that Booty Grab is a set it and forget it type of thing, but it's not. x ---x; You shell out a lot of cash/gold to fill your tank. Then it was a lot of work to make sure that your tank is at the right place at the right time so that users will actually see and play it when it glows. Ugh. Never got into that side of it. I haven't wandered into the BG forum in a while. I do wonder how people are fairing... I can't imagine that tanks are as profitable now since (I think) less people are playing BG.

But, short answer, I used to use the aquarium. xD And sometimes I think about adding a fish into it... but I got tired of feeding fish every day.

>D I like my house. I don't use my house, but I like it. XD You see, back when Towns was first released, everyone rushed to plant their house on the first day. And then it actually filled up and people had to wait to place houses. But not me. I have a house in one of the neighborhoods on the first page of Towns. ;D Quite good real estate.
Not the best spot to have, actually. Twice, I walked into my home to find a user in it. :/ Never caught the users' names since they would disappear as soon as I entered. I mean, what are the odds of that? And, if I found people twice.... how often were people going in my home!? x .x;
I used Towns for a while. I collected trash and all that jazz. But, you know, I just don't fit in with the Towns/Towns2 crowd so I avoid it. (I avoid the flash spaces in general). I feel sorta bad. xD I'm giving such a jaded-sounding response so far. It's not that bad. I just don't have the free Gaia time that I used to...
I like my house though. I just took a screen shot... it'll probably stretch the page:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I change it from time to time. I've gotten hundreds of different housing items from the Daily Chance. I haven't spent a dime on my house. (Uh, a Gaia dime of ten gold?) And It shows. XD It's so random. I've seen a lot of gorgeous houses that people have made. I just like my randomness. @ 3@ Heck, housing items are relatively cheap in today's economy, but I've always preferred to spend my gold on items that I can wear. Houses can be fun though. In my house, the lights, TV and arcade game turn on and off. My mug of hot chocolate has animated steam. That creepy Diedrich (green bunny) walks in place...

Oh gosh, sorry. XD; I'm going to chop the post off right here. > <; Um, have you been feeding your fish each day? o: What do you think about having an aquarium of virtual fish. And towns.. Do you think you'll furnish your home? Have you started?

Oh wait! I did spend some gold on housing items. I believe that I bought a cardboard box and a couple of wooden boxes just so my home wasn't empty. It stayed that way for a long time. @ .@;

I took a peek at the NSTG’s Halloween event last night before bed and was really impressed! It looks like a lot of work was put into this event. So far I have explored some rooms in the Mansion of 100 Rooms, and collected 2 wishes. Have you tried anything yet?

There is a little clock on the top bar, and I clicked it. I guess this is the main event? I found a wing sticker on the first page. Do you know what those are for? Gosh, I am just barely getting used to the forums, and now there is a whole new area to explore. I don’t really know what I am doing, but I’m participating, so I guess that is good. I played Switchem and was in theory earning soul candies, but when I went to the Soul Candy Redemption it said I had zero candies. I have no clue what I’m doing.

I have been so busy with exploring I hadn’t used the aquarium yet! I have it all set up now, with cute little fish swimming around in it. I found a couple fish with the daily chance, so I was able to add them to my aquarium as well. I got to do the practice with Booty Grab as well, which runs pretty slow on my computer. I can say though, I haven’t seen anywhere else on Gaia where money just appears from nowhere! I’m not too sure if I will try to expand my tank, but I will at least feed the fish I have in it now. My tank won’t start glowing until 1:40am, so I won’t be able to play the actual Booty Grab. There is no way I am going to be up at that time. There probably won’t be many people around then to play anyway. I won’t be able to feed them every day, but hopefully they will be okay. I guess time will help determine what I think of the aquarium. Right now I am not too keen on the idea of having to log on every day. I have been choosing to log on almost daily, but when it’s my choice, I’m okay with it.

I like your house too! I have seen the link for Towns yet, but I haven’t been in there. Now I know where you live, I can go see your house! I think that would be a little disturbing to walk into you house, and see someone else there. I mean, it would never happen with a real house. Of course, I don’t really expect the virtual rules would be the same as the real ones. I promise not to linger in your house, but at least I have a destination to motivate me to try to figure it out! Although with all the new things happening, I might just wait until after this Halloween event to go exploring something else new. I’ll probably wait until then to set up my house as well. I have been getting some house items from the daily chance, but not many, so this will give me a chance to build up some items I can throw into my house. And don’t worry. I don’t view your response as jaded, more as you describing your experience with Gaia. I imagine pretty much everyone on here has different  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:06 pm
sdrawkcab

Oh. The one that's called "Philosopher's Cache" has a chance of granting a Heart Charm. If the bag has a color in the title (like gold, aquamarine, or ruby), they won't grant Heart Charms. You can only pick alchemy components from those colored caches. It's so tricky to talk about the caches. The names are too similar. > <
And, yeah, it's best to know which component to pick. I haven't sat down and figured this out for myself yet, so I won't be of much use here. However, I have seen other users talking about it. For example, there's a bag that sells on average for 2k.... yet it has a component with a sell back value of 10k. So, if you don't mind opening caches, you could buy up a bunch of those bags, sell the component, and profit 8k per bag.
Oh. Random fact. Another way of making gold on this site is to open bags for Alchemists. XD Seriously. They don't want to sit around and open bags all day. For example, I saw one guy offer that he'll send over a 1000 Philosopher Cache bundle to someone, then offer that person x amount of gold per bag they trade back. He was only looking for 2 or 3 colors and the person could keep the rest of the bags that they'd opened. .... I haven't checked out the alchemy forum in a couple months, but I'd imagine that there are still lazy Alchemists. xD;

Hmmm... The grab bag items used to raise in price. Grab Bags used to be removed from the shops. However, now they're just shifted over into Loyal's Bazaar. > <; There's a chance that it'll raise in price as the bag becomes less popular, but not by much.... unless it's one of the rarer items.
The Grab Bag won't be updated with new items, sadly. If you want to play for profit, the best time is to wait for another grab bag to appear for another shop. And that --- I don't know when that will happen. New grab bags don't appear often.

XD I can tell you that I went through a period of frustration since I don't spend money on this site. I'm okay with it now... but I'm still slightly frustrated. I see soooo many pretty items in the Cash Shop that I want. @ .@ Oh my gosh, I really really want all of these orange and black items that were released this month. I'm content with what I have. It's just not pretty like all of the new items with the gorgeous leg and arm mods. D; I also hope that you don't become frustrated, but you sound pretty okay with Gaia so far. ^^

I can see how talking about the different Caches would be difficult, and I get confused fairly easy under the best of circumstances. I will probably open the main bags, hope for a charm, and then hang on to the other bags for now. When I went into the alchemy section of the forum, there appeared to be some really great resources about components. I didn’t go into them farther, so I’m not sure if they discuss the more cost effective components to pick. It looked like some people have made pie charts, so I think it is just a matter of looking with this one. I am hoping to come across some lazy alchemists, and posted a thread asking if people wanted to hire me to open caches. It will be interesting to see if anyone responds.

I won’t worry too much about the Grab Bags, not until the next set of them comes out anyway. I did go back and buy a couple more, and of course the items in those bags don’t look like they will sell for much. Lesson learned!

I hope I don’t get frustrated either. I wasn’t sure how easy it would be to earn money, so when I was following the initial setup I didn’t give much thought to gold. Take my quest for instance. I thought the ears were cute, and thought it would be fun to quest for them, but I’m thinking it is going to be a long time before I can actually buy them. Maybe this will change a bit once I get into the artwork aspect, and have a job per say to earn gold. I would like to put some effort into making a thread for the artwork requests though, so maybe people will be more likely to tip. Maybe I’m just procrastinating and over thinking the whole process. Just like I put a thread in the alchemy section, maybe I should just start one in the freebie section. Yes, that is what I’ll do.  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:22 pm
That's all for today... Looking forward to finishing up next time! cat_blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:31 pm
Phaedrina
Pickled Cactus
                best of luck either way!! biggrin

Thank you very much, for the donation and the welcome!

aw np! it's not much but i'm glad it helped.

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:25 pm
Phaedrina

Events are commonly glitchy on the first day, but this one feels glitchier than most. XP
Anyway, just wanted to save ya some time.

You get the orange Jack items from ToTing.
If you're glitched like I am, the NPCs will tell you to "Not be greedy" as if you already collected candy. Start your ToTing at the last three shops on the list (Treehouse, Dernier Cri, Factory) and the rest of the shops should behave as normal. I have to repeat that process after each round.

You get the white Advocate items (at random) by trading in soul candies. You get soul candies from Switchem, the forum Battle (healing, attacking, killing) and you can find them at random while surfing the forums (click the candy that appears).
Currently, the white items are soulbound to accounts and cannot be traded or sold. They will be un-soulbound afterward.

There are also some achievements, some free [animal] items, a couple items to buy from the Treehouse Shop, and some items from killing bosses.

It's all explained in the thread below :3
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/halloween-2k14-discussion-item-list-new-paws-items/t.94555315/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:27 pm
sdrawkcab

How many messages does the Fairy send? o: I know there are a lot of aspects to Gaia, but I can't imagine how many topics they talk about. @ .@;
And I like that idea. =D Sounds great. ^^
And o: you're better than I am. XD I wouldn't be able to write anything while watching survivor. I do usually multi-task somehow, but I don't think I'd be able to form words. ...And have said words make sense.

And it's a good excuse to practice your art~ ^ ___^ My friend used to have an art shop. She'd also do freebies sometimes. I used to hang out in her threads. I know that communities/forums can change, but I loved hanging out in the art forums because people were so nice. I mean, of course, duh... If they're in a thread and trying to get art for free, they'd better act politely. XD; But I mean aside from that, the users really did come in to chat for a while and seemed genuinely nice.

Oh @ .@ I don't know. Ummm~ I'd like to post. I know it would be horrible for the economy to raise the gold earned per post, but it's paltry. u .u; Other than that, I don't know. OMG. Anything I start to type here makes me sound so crotchety. XDD; I think I'll finish this post, head to bed, and hopefully wake up on the less pessimistic side of the bed. Gee gosh.
And thanks~ that was my goal for the longest time. ^ ___^ I just wanted to be like the users who could change their avatar every day (heck, every hour!) and look different each time. * w* I pretty much have quantity over quality. I could (and should) sell off some of my lesser-used items to buy the new items that I want. However, I'm crazy and I actually do use my items. xD;

Playing zOMG is sort of like walking around Towns, except that monsters will attack you along the way. For Halloween, Jack would appear at random and users had to band together to take him down. (Jack is our Halloween mascot and has been around forever.) Also, a special instance was created where you could fight different monsters from the normal for some recipes and ingredients that appeared only during that event. The rings also had a pretty high drop rate. I completed my ring collection and leveled my first set of rings to the max level during that first Halloween. @ .@
For Christmas, the main town got a tree that blossomed into a bigger tree as the 25th approached. You could click on presents once an hour (OMG, or was it once a day?) for a chance at gold and other items. I believe that there were also special xmas-themed items, but I can't picture them right now.
Easter was fun. Eggs were hidden everywhere (in specific spots). The only problem was every user saw the same eggs so you literally had to click on and attack the egg first in order to get the prize. You could earn gold or recipes and ingredients related to Easter.
The neat part about zOMG is that the staff took a lot of what is canon to the Gaia storyline, embellished it, and made a game out of it. It was neat to be sent on quests by the NPC shopkeepers and stuff like that. .... But that's the inherent downside of the game, I think. It's made for those who already love Gaia (or know something about the site's humor).

So far I have received 29 messages from The Welcoming Fairy, and I have kept all the messages from 22 onward. I believe one of the first messages said how many were to be sent out, but I think I got rid of that one. Day 29 is Different Styles of Avatars. Basically, it starts as a brief overview of Gaia, and then focuses on some of the specific areas in the later ones.

I often don’t multi-task, which is why I didn’t multi-task well that day. I watch Survivor on the computer, so I have a week to watch the current episode after it is released. Once the new episode is released, the old episode is locked and I can’t watch it anymore. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but I was in the mood to see what happened. I don’t know if you watch the show, but I wasn’t enjoying the start of this season very much. I mostly watch for the puzzles they create, so I can see how people solve them. Or watch to see how far people push the limits of their body. The drama I could do without, but I guess that is what keeps the show around. How do you normally multitask?

I started a thread yesterday for art freebies, and I had no idea how quickly things would progress! I hung around for a little, and one person asked if I could draw them. I thought that was great, and left for the evening. I come back today, and there are like 10 other people asking if I would consider drawing their avatars. I’m not a fast drawing, so I think I’m going to be pretty busy for the next little while. Or I’ll learn to be quicker. Or sink and raise a white flag, lol. People seem to be nice so far, which is lovely! I hope someone decides to hang around. Even after I posted my complete list of people I will work on, some people are still asking for me to draw them. I’m not sure if it is because they aren’t reading the first post, or they saw my first drawing and are hoping I will draw them.

Hehe, I kind of thought you would say you like to post! biggrin It would be nice to get gold for posting, but for now, I guess we’ll just have to enjoy it.

The previous Halloween events sound like fun! To be honest, I am sort of turned off by the current event, because on the first page the first thing I see is they want me to use GC to buy things. I don’t have enough to buy items, so why would I buy a potion? There is my mini rant. Plus, I am jaded by how long I played the game, was told I earned lots of candy, and at the end I guess it glitched so I had nothing. I guess I will wait until they sort out some of the main glitches before I try again. As it is, I think I will be pretty busy with drawing anyway. Thanks for sharing the details on the zOMG special events. I may never get to see any events in there, but hopefully I will get to try the game soon!  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:42 pm
sdrawkcab

Events are commonly glitchy on the first day, but this one feels glitchier than most. XP
Anyway, just wanted to save ya some time.

You get the orange Jack items from ToTing.
If you're glitched like I am, the NPCs will tell you to "Not be greedy" as if you already collected candy. Start your ToTing at the last three shops on the list (Treehouse, Dernier Cri, Factory) and the rest of the shops should behave as normal. I have to repeat that process after each round.

You get the white Advocate items (at random) by trading in soul candies. You get soul candies from Switchem, the forum Battle (healing, attacking, killing) and you can find them at random while surfing the forums (click the candy that appears).
Currently, the white items are soulbound to accounts and cannot be traded or sold. They will be un-soulbound afterward.

There are also some achievements, some free [animal] items, a couple items to buy from the Treehouse Shop, and some items from killing bosses.

It's all explained in the thread below :3
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/halloween-2k14-discussion-item-list-new-paws-items/t.94555315/

I appreciate the tips on the ToTing. I tried to start with the last three, but I was getting the message regarding being too greedy as well. When I tried one of them, they said, “Relax, more candy will be available in 25 seconds.” I think maybe I was just clicking them too fast. Going slower seems to work now. There are a lot of things to remember about this event. I appreciate all the help you are giving, and the heads up from your experience! I’m looking forward to getting some items, too! The shop keepers look really cute, all dressed up!

Thanks for filling me in on the different potions. I haven’t noticed the little heads before! Since I don’t have many items, the last time I went into the dressing up screen was when I put on my Halloween costume. I’m excited to have the option of animals without buying a potion, and then buying another potion if I change my mind. I wonder if there is something to turn me into a fox?? Might be cheaper than the wolf ears.

I’m glad the ghost was your first Halloween costume! I am even more glad I picked it now. I spiced it up with the mask, but I was still pretty happy with how it looked originally.

I might wait until after Halloween and try again for asking about the Welcoming Fairy Thread. I think the other threads are so active, probably no one will see this one until everything is over.

I joined a guild so I could do some RPing, but since posting doesn’t make gold, the drawing sort of got pushed ahead. Plus, there are a lot of Read These First threads within the guild, so I feel like I really need to sit down with a pot of tea to go through them. Once I work through my list of freebies, I might take a look at the guild and see what is going on. I don’t think they’ll kick me out if I don’t post for a few weeks. Plus, everyone has such nice avatars they use for RPing, so I would like to have a good avatar together before I get too far into the whole RP experience.

For now, I think it is time to finish up my ToTing, perhaps see if I can get some more clues in the mansion, and then call it a night. Have you been having fun with the Halloween event?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:35 pm
Phaedrina

I took a peek at the NSTG’s Halloween event last night before bed and was really impressed! It looks like a lot of work was put into this event. So far I have explored some rooms in the Mansion of 100 Rooms, and collected 2 wishes. Have you tried anything yet?

There is a little clock on the top bar, and I clicked it. I guess this is the main event? I found a wing sticker on the first page. Do you know what those are for? Gosh, I am just barely getting used to the forums, and now there is a whole new area to explore. I don’t really know what I am doing, but I’m participating, so I guess that is good. I played Switchem and was in theory earning soul candies, but when I went to the Soul Candy Redemption it said I had zero candies. I have no clue what I’m doing.

I have been so busy with exploring I hadn’t used the aquarium yet! I have it all set up now, with cute little fish swimming around in it. I found a couple fish with the daily chance, so I was able to add them to my aquarium as well. I got to do the practice with Booty Grab as well, which runs pretty slow on my computer. I can say though, I haven’t seen anywhere else on Gaia where money just appears from nowhere! I’m not too sure if I will try to expand my tank, but I will at least feed the fish I have in it now. My tank won’t start glowing until 1:40am, so I won’t be able to play the actual Booty Grab. There is no way I am going to be up at that time. There probably won’t be many people around then to play anyway. I won’t be able to feed them every day, but hopefully they will be okay. I guess time will help determine what I think of the aquarium. Right now I am not too keen on the idea of having to log on every day. I have been choosing to log on almost daily, but when it’s my choice, I’m okay with it.

I like your house too! I have seen the link for Towns yet, but I haven’t been in there. Now I know where you live, I can go see your house! I think that would be a little disturbing to walk into you house, and see someone else there. I mean, it would never happen with a real house. Of course, I don’t really expect the virtual rules would be the same as the real ones. I promise not to linger in your house, but at least I have a destination to motivate me to try to figure it out! Although with all the new things happening, I might just wait until after this Halloween event to go exploring something else new. I’ll probably wait until then to set up my house as well. I have been getting some house items from the daily chance, but not many, so this will give me a chance to build up some items I can throw into my house. And don’t worry. I don’t view your response as jaded, more as you describing your experience with Gaia. I imagine pretty much everyone on here has different

I never participate in the guild's events because I never have the time. I've been making an effort to participate because I agree, they put a lot of effort into their events and they're rather fun. I've also explored the 100 room mansion and collected a few wishes. The seance thread is hilarious. Daypaw is doing an excellent job. XD There are some other games like decorate a ghost, write a six word story and such... have you gotten to those yet?

Yep, that's the main event. ^^ You can collect one Wing Sticker per day of the event. Wing stickers can be used at The Treehouse. That shop updates with little items during events and the only currency it accepts is wing stickers. (You can also buy items off the marketplace for gold.)

Hmm... I had the same issue, I think. When I was done with Switchem, the page said I had zero soul candies because I hadn't refreshed it. I was irked... before I refreshed the page. Maybe give it another shot? When you replay Switchem, any level that you've already beaten gives you 100k per level when you beat it again.

Aww, yeah n .n the aquariums are cute. Oh! That's for your own tank. Um, I hadn't explained BG yet because that's a whole 'nother can of worms. We'll get to that. XD For now, what you want to play are the tanks that are set up with the good fish. ;D You'll find those in the aquarium forum. Look for any thread that says "Glowing!" Click on it, then click on the tank in the user's signature on the first page. If the game is on, you'll see the words "Booty Grab" on their tank in their signature (if I remember correctly). You have to be quick because only 32 people get to play per glow (or a similar number).
Your fish be okay. When they die, you get an item drop that you can open for an equippable item (usually pretty cheap). I heard that unhappy fish might not give you the drop, XD; but I think it's a rumor. > < Not sure.
I understand what you mean about logging on being a choice. I'd like to keep it that way too. However, I've been pretty hooked on the Daily Chance now so I've been logging in each day to at least collect the carts. XD;

Aw thanks. :3 Yeah XD people use the houses as virtual hangouts. I just figure, you know, use your own house. There is an option to lock people out of it, but *shrugs* I got a story out of it being unlocked. xD And, like you said, this isn't the real world so it's not like visitors can alter my house in any way. So it's all good.
Ha yeah, figuring out Towns will be its own adventure, for sure. ^^ You'll want to plant your house and such. The flash spaces (Towns, Rally, Virtual Hollywood) have their own little subculture of users. Young. It's probably somewhere you won't want to spend hours hanging out on, however, that's some users whole Gaia experience. They don't post in the forums. They log on and go straight to their hangout and chat with other users. They even have their own distinctive way of dressing. XD; I find it amusing. (Because a lot of their popular items are stuck in the 2003-2005 era).
Ah, good good. XD I guess it ties in with what I said above, but there are so many different things to do on Gaia. I'm sure we've all gotten stuck in our little niches so you'll hear different stories about Gaia and what to do depending on where you are on this site. XD

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:54 pm
Phaedrina

I can see how talking about the different Caches would be difficult, and I get confused fairly easy under the best of circumstances. I will probably open the main bags, hope for a charm, and then hang on to the other bags for now. When I went into the alchemy section of the forum, there appeared to be some really great resources about components. I didn’t go into them farther, so I’m not sure if they discuss the more cost effective components to pick. It looked like some people have made pie charts, so I think it is just a matter of looking with this one. I am hoping to come across some lazy alchemists, and posted a thread asking if people wanted to hire me to open caches. It will be interesting to see if anyone responds.

I won’t worry too much about the Grab Bags, not until the next set of them comes out anyway. I did go back and buy a couple more, and of course the items in those bags don’t look like they will sell for much. Lesson learned!

I hope I don’t get frustrated either. I wasn’t sure how easy it would be to earn money, so when I was following the initial setup I didn’t give much thought to gold. Take my quest for instance. I thought the ears were cute, and thought it would be fun to quest for them, but I’m thinking it is going to be a long time before I can actually buy them. Maybe this will change a bit once I get into the artwork aspect, and have a job per say to earn gold. I would like to put some effort into making a thread for the artwork requests though, so maybe people will be more likely to tip. Maybe I’m just procrastinating and over thinking the whole process. Just like I put a thread in the alchemy section, maybe I should just start one in the freebie section. Yes, that is what I’ll do.

Yeah, there are some very good alchemy guides. I haven't really broken into alchemy yet, but I've done a little digging. When alchemy was first released, it was much harder to level and craft items because there was much less gold in the system. So the alchemists used to be a pretty tight knit forum that would all band together to help fellow alchemists. At least that's the sense I got. They're not unwelcoming to new alchemists and they'll answer questions without grumbling and griping. Of course, I'm generalizing so.. yeah~
I have a thread that I've been slowly rambling on in my downtime. I've listed some alchemy guides that seemed useful: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24499509#368261567. (The last one is especially useful because it's a guide that links to all the other guides). When you get into it, (or if you do) maybe you can let me know if there's another guide that would be good to add. ^^
:3 Haha that's pretty cool about making a thread. Hopefully that works out~~

Oh no. Sorry to hear about the lackluster luck on grab bags. > <

XD Yeah > < it'll take some investing of your gold into items in order to speed up the process. And that will take time to research which items. x .x; It would definitely change if you made gold from art too, yep. ^^ You've got the right ideas. XD Woot. Did you put up an art thread? o:

☆ Item Quests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff