Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:04 pm
Quote:
User Image

Chunyue swallowed hard when he heard Neema call him out by name. If he had been trying to be subtle or not let it get back to Tyfu about him poking around, checking things out, that went out the window. Now it was all about what kind of stand he was taking for either side. He was visibly uncomfortable, and his anxiety kept him from coming or going.

Tyfu had always disciplined her children to follow her, and Shangyue, without question. Even though he wasn't the smartest of her offspring, he did want to think for himself. He just wasn't sure who would have his allegiance when it all came down to it.

He offered the lioness a smile, but it quickly disappeared from his face when he remembered the royal guard at his side.

Quote:
User Image

Lunik, ever still deep down the coward, wasn't going to be the first one to act, but his strong devotion to his King meant he would dive in to whatever kerfuffle may start at any time. He closely watched Chunyue and his reaction to Neema.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:28 am
He hadn't been around long enough to know what it was like without Shangyue, but it could certainly use some improvement. He shook his head, there wasn't much he could say about supporting his father, other than the fact that his father supported the king. All Fasbesa new was that he was curious on where things were going, and if it was for the better, he was all for the change.

"I can't say what it's like without Shangyue, but I can't say things are exactly perfect." He looked around the crowd. Obviously something wasn't perfect, or there wouldn't be a huge crowd of lions gathered wanting change. It was good to know what the lions of the pride wanted, rather than just go with what a king wanted. A pride can over throw someone fairly easy.

"I know, perhaps I'm an unlikely supporter, but it seems the more is better."

Ecavi

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 2!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:23 am
Raffle - Week 2
Eh, let's keep the list format going.

Week 1 Winner: Velveteen Angel, claimed Anaishi
Available Prizes: Tamaa, Isibongo

1. AstoriaFallen
2. Excited Apathy - winner!
3. Painted Moose
4. Saint Sergio
5. Saint Sergio
6. nessiaing
7. mouselet
8. I Lady Kiya I
9. Excited Apathy
10. AstoriaFallen
11. Saint Sergio
12. mouselet
13. I Lady Kiya I
14. Excited Apathy
15. AstoriaFallen
16. Excited Apathy
17. Puhterodactyl
18. I Lady Kiya I

Excited Apathy

You get your pick of Tamaa or Isibongo!

Personalities provided are a starting point, there is room to expand, grow and change. You may begin to RP whoever you pick right away. Both were born in the pride or joined young but have been in the background until now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:11 am
Umepatwa was beaming at Fasbesa, approval written all over his face- he had said some of those words himself, it was part of what his own little section of the rebellion was about. Faith that things could be better than Shangyue allowed, that another monarch would do them all good.

He didn't get to reply to the one unlikely ally who was willing to speak before Neema's voice called out the two others-- two more brothers he made a point of avoiding (not that he had any evidence about Tyfu and her children but if he dared stand side by side with Chunyue, he suspected it would undeniable). His first thought was not about how to handle if they were here to cause trouble- it was to wonder who had the bright idea to invite the lioness who engaged them.

He wasn't sure if he was impressed or annoyed. It likely depended on their answers-- but none came.

Whoever had invited Neema, whoever had given her the bright idea that she was to play an important part simply by being there and being a member of the high class.. she took whatever they told her very seriously. She smiled when Yueyun offered a polite, oblivious response and Chunyue only smiled.

Fair enough. Of course they wouldn't have been invited.. and though they were likely to have gathered some information about what the crowd was doing, it was still early to side against family.

"Of course, I've assumed too much!" she said, correcting herself and focusing her attention on Yueyun since he was the first willing to speak, "We hunters have gone on strike for the night as we are dissatisfied with our king."

I Lady Kiya I

Excited Apathy

Puhterodactyl

It was a simplification and ignored the 'take back the pride' feel to much of the discussions going on here tonight.. but it was a well condensed version to test the interest of two of the king's sons. Ota watched with interest, wondering especially at how the lady had drawn attention from Umepatwa and to herself.

"No way," she murmured to her friend, "Yueyun might join us, might even be useful.. but no way is Chunyue going to."

Kamia shook her head.

"You've got it backwards," she argued, "A mother like Tyfu begs for rebellion, a sheltered prince on the other hand.."

"I don't think so."

"Care to make it interesting?" Kamia shot back, glancing from the action to Ota.

"The usual?"

Ota glanced over to her friend with a smile.

Kamia nodded.

"You're on."

(They're being quiet but there's always the chance to be overheard xD Just some random background noise/fun.)  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:30 pm
User Image
The crazy would-be prophet had spotted an exchange that truly needed to be responded to. The young Prince seemedt o be completely unaware of far too much!

"Those here are supporting the Great Lion!" the black lioness declared, coming close to the adolescent. "He has turned His back on this pride because of Shangyue! We must dethrone the usurper to win back His favor! Have you not heard?" It seemed unlikely that anyone in the pride hadn't, but it was entirely possible that the killer King had prevented those close to him from hearing the Word.

User Image
"Yes, I do see," the brown lion answered, eyeing the purple Prince. He looked so like Shangyue at that age...

So many people had arrived, it was getting hard to keep track. Umepatwa seemed to be talking to Fasbesa, Ota and Kamia were keeping to themselves, Neema was being loud and somewhat obnoxious...which was fairly usual from what Uchanjaa knew.

He groaned softly as he saw his granddaughter moving to confront the young Prince. Trust Nyeusi to make a further mess of everything. Uchanjaa was tempted to drag her off, but that would probably make an even bigger mess.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:57 pm
User Image

His gaze shifted to the lioness as she approached the young prince and started to make a bit of a scene in his opinion. He just sat and watched, she was just speaking, she wasn't getting violent with him or anything, though he could hear the passion in her voice clear as day. Well, the young lion was definitely informed now, as was the rest of those gathering. He was fairly certain anyone could have heard what she was saying, so if there were any loyal to the king she had basically outed the entire group. He just watched on in mild amusement.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:07 pm
Oh. Oh. Yueyun knew that there were some lions that didn't like his father, of course. He'd just attributed it to the simple fact that nobody could be universally loved, and assumed that with the presence of the Royal Guards, nothing would come of a few malcontents. But he looked around, he realized that this was more than just a few disgruntled lions. This was a good chunk of the pride's hunters, and a few guards too. The gathering felt friendly enough, or he might have been frightened at that alone. He was just about to speak when a black lioness came close--too close!--and declared the Great Lion's dissatisfaction with the King and the pride. His eyes did widen with alarm at that invasion of his personal space. He knew she was no Shaman nor apprentice, but a run-of-the-mill pride member holding such an opinion? It was disturbing.

He needed to know more.

"I...don't think I want to cause trouble." For one thing, he was one (okay, two if you counted Lunik), and they were many. The last thing he wanted to do was instigate hostility. "But, I...is that a commonly held opinion here?" he asked of Neema, canting his head slightly toward Nyeusi as he took a step back from her. How deep did this run? Could it be fixed?

((Omg! I think...I think...yes, Tamaa!))

Ecavi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 am
nessiaing

Yue'shi's eyes traveled through the gathered members, memorizing faces as she went before finally settling on the male in question. Whether or not he looked like his father meant little to someone who had never actually seen Shangyue. Sure, she'd heard from him and had seen some of his offspring, but never the male himself.

"Probably a lot more than they realize," Yue'shi murmured. The atmosphere was light and pleasant now, but she knew it wouldn't last for long. How many of the lions gathered here would stand by him when the fair weather turned into a monsoon?

"Classified." She looked to him, and hope that Boinedal would understand. There were still a lot of things about her life that she couldn't tell him, especially with this latest contact. Deciding a change in subject was in order, Yue'shi cleared her throat, "You'll come find me if something bad happens, won't you? We can protect you." Of course, if he went to the rebels outright then he wouldn't be able to return home for a long time, if at all, depending on how things went.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:18 pm
Batu had also been distracted by the episode that Gwaihir had been. Shaking his head he moved his attention back to the other lion. "Gwaihir it is nice to meet you my name is Batu." he told him with a smile.

He studied the other guards demeanour, he had said that he was coming here to keep the peace but Batu wondered if perhaps a part of him was for the cause as well. Before he could talk himself out of it he decided to fish for more information from the other guard. "Oh so you don't support the cause?" he asked. It was a weighted question and the males answer would decided for Batu how much more he decided to share.

AstoriaFallen

Boinedal listened carefully to what Yue shared with him. He had long sincel learned to listen carefully to just about everything Yue told him. She never shared much about her life with him so he took each and every part he could get from her and stored it away in his mind for later.

"Something bad?" Boinedal said keeping his voice low so that anyone in their area wouldn't be able to easily pick up their conversation. "Do you think it will come to that here?" he asked. He had heard the whispers from around the pride since he was a cub, but he had never imagined anyone would step up and do anything. Though he realized that was exactly what Umepatwa was doing tonight. Until this moment Boinedal hadn't fully realized that this could mean the start of so much more.

"How would I find you though if you are not at our spot?" he asked. He was partially asking out of genuine concern about not being able to find her. Though he realized that his concern wasn't for himself he wanted to be sure that she was protected too. The other part of him was asking because he wanted to know more about the purple lioness who was stealing his heart away.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm
nessiaing

"Not here," she murmured in response. Boinedal was a smart lion, who was just as keen on keeping her thoughts hidden as much as she. It made her appreciate him all the more.

His question...stumped her. It was a good one, a really good one; one that she hadn't really thought out herself. Yue'shi was too much of a doer while her brother was usually the one with the plans. Eyes wide, and mouth slightly agape she thought on it before nodding her head. "If I'm not there go a little further into the rogue lands and stay there. I'll try to come to our spot every evening, and if I'm unable, I'll have one of the others come to get you."

She would defend him from anything! So long as it kept the smile on his face, and air in his lungs Yue'shi would do anything. Shangyue hadn't destroyed everything beautiful within the Mwezi, and even if he was just a small part of it, she would protect it with her life.

"Do you know anyone here? Like, as friends? Are any of your family here?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:42 pm
Neema had not forgotten the crazed lioness was present, but she was a tad put-off when Nyeusi scrambled up to offer her particular spin on the way things were. She was surprised, however, that it worked perfectly to get the prince's attention. She smiled at Yueyun when he said he was not looking to cause trouble. So, he wasn't going to throw in his support but he could still serve a very important function! Shangyue would hear about what happened tonight, of course, but the impression left on one of his sons could be especially important.

"Not in so many words, but yes," she said, her voice lowering from a confrontational tone meant to be overheard to a more conversational one, "Has your father told you the story of your grandparents and great grandparents? Khathelela was a good queen, we find it hard to believe that the Great Lion would approve of the vicious treason perpetrated by her own grandson, who then claimed the throne for himself."

Never mind that Shangyue himself had avoided the moon entirely on the nights he put his plan into action. Such careful consideration spoke volumes and Neema, at least, would not forget about that.

Her tone was stern but not angry, she believed what she said but she wasn't aiming to start a fight about it either.

Excited Apathy

Umepatwa watched the exchange between Yueyun and Neema, and glanced a few times towards Chunyue.. but ultimately decided there was no immediate threat of a fight so he moved on. If the mood changed, it would certainly become apparent quickly. Instead, he turned his attention back on Fasbesa. Going so far as to separate himself from his little group to approach the other lion.

"If you mean what you say, you're welcome here," he said, smiling.

I Lady Kiya I

User Image

Near the edge of the crowd, Kimondo finally made an appearance. If anybody stopped to really look at her, she was very clearly behaving suspiciously-- without notice, she had made a full circle around the group, trying to take in as much information as she could about who was there. She noticed the on-going confrontations, several distant family members and more than one unexpected guest. But the one that drew the most attention was actually Antara. As soon as she spotted the princess, her heart skipped a beat and she turned to head back the way she came.. but it was obviously too late.

"Where did you go?" she called under her breath.

It wasn't the end of the world, but she had to know.. right?

nessiaing

mouselet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:01 pm
((I would like a ticket for the Mti raffle please

edit: shoot sorry, forgot to mention I have no one in this pride.))

Ecavi

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:18 pm
User Image

Looking over towards Batu as he introduced himself and he gave him a warm smile in return. His ears kept a close watch on the young prince and the dark lioness just to be sure nothing happened from the situation and he kept his eyes on Batu. He cocked his head slightly and shook his head. "I never said that." He said looking around. He had pretty much summed up this was all, or mostly, supporters of making sure the king was dethroned. "I've been in this pride for a long time, longer than most here." He said noting all the younger lions who weren't here when the old king was ruler. "I do not support the current king by any means." he said looking at him.

Nessiaing
i forgot to quote you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:25 pm
User Image
There was, of course, no way that Nketa would have turned down Kimondo's invitation. To go anywhere beyond the Rebellion? To go within the pride's borders? Of course the purple lioness had been eager and willing!

But now that she was here, Nketa found herself nervous and shy. There were so many more lions than she'd ever seen in her whole entire life. She supposed that they were all supporters of the Rebellion, but there was nothing to distinguish them. Some of them looked as if they shared her father...

...and her mother. Well, she'd known that Umepatwa was organizing this, and she was pleased to see that Ndogo was also here. But Antara...!

Nketa missed her twin with a visceral ache and had longed to be with her once again. But, seeing how confidently and assuredly Antara stood here, Nketa wondered if her sister had missed her as much. If she'd want to see her at all.

Nervously and shyly, she edged up near Kimondo, one of the few other lions she recognized.

"I'm right here...okay?" she whispered. But was it? Was it truly okay?

User Image
"All trouble has been caused by Shangyue, whose actions have seen the Great Lion turn His back on us all!" Nyeusi declared, taking a step forward towards Yueyun, negating his step back.

Neema was mentioning the boy's ancestors, now deceased and the black lioness nodded firmly. "Yes, the Great Lion does not approve of regicides, patricides, or matricides on the throne and wishes us to overthrow the King-Killer!"

User Image
Iki'renkli groaned audibly and headed for her sister. Would she not shut up and leave this to people who actually understood the word "subtle"? The younger lioness extended her claws and gripped her sister's shoulder.

"Nyeusi. I think you've done enough for now," the Hunt Leader growled.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:50 pm
Ecavi
I would like a ticket for Mti please!! Also I am a pride newbie. X3

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash