Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Movies, TV, Music, and more
Does anyone here NOT like Greenday? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green Day?
  Don't even get me started on those frelling pieces of dren.
  Hate them.
  Don't like em.
  Meh. Neutrality.
  Like em.
  Love them.
  OMG U DONT LIKE GREENDAY!!!WTF IS WRONG WIT U< U NAZI!!!
View Results

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:11 pm
ChaosNecromancerSorcerer
green day sucks major a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could say so many things about them right niw but it would be inappropriate.

I especially hate this song(dont know the name) "I walk a lonely road", what kind of s**t is that!!??? theres like 2 guys behind him...that f**

It's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Know thy enemy, my friend.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:21 am
There are alright but not the best  

TOY_GRL_FACTORY

I am The Compendium

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:36 am
Never heard 'em  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:30 pm
Just thought I'd point out that Dookie is not their first "stuff" as was alluded to in an early post (that was too long to quote). Before that they released Kerplunk and 39/Smooth... not to mention EPs (Sweet Children... 1987?? I was two...)

All this said, I'm not a fan. I don't particulary hate them; just apathetic.

Like I said, I thought this should be noted.

CiciPickPick

Karpoozi2ali

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:26 pm
I think they suck.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:24 pm
A Frozen Soul
Because I, for one, hate them. Hear me out.

Their entire career is based around riding on the bleeding heart, liberal tidal wave that's been inundating America. They act like such rebels, as they sit back and watch pre-teens brainwashed by MTV shell out millions of dollars for their music. What do they do with all that money? Surely, such virtuous guys must donate most of it to a charity. Could someone tell me how much they give, and to where?

Jesus, they're so anti-war, it's sickening. People have been fighting since they evolved to the point where they could wield clubs and spears. They act like they want what's best for the country, yet they seem to forget that if it were not for war, America would probably still be dominated by England. If it were not for America's getting involved in both World Wars, chances are, things would be far different. About a third of Europe would probably be under Germany's control. If America had stayed out of World War II, Hitler would have gained power to the point where Germany would crush America after dominating Europe.

Whew. This rant was inspired by seeing two Greenday threads right next to each other. Forgive me if I don't agree with your views.

HELL YAH!
they totally base theirselves and band after the current "emo i'm a rebel and totally emo cuz i pretend to cut myself" fad
all their songs are repeaditive, and degrade bands who actually have talent. i guess you can tell that i hate them..
ninja  

Suna Tama

Dapper Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Garaa Mule

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 am
They might have had potential, but not down the path that they're walking (and I wish it was a lonely road) xp

What I can't stand is that they hold nothing sacred.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but "Wake Me Up When September Ends..."

That song is cruel. It completely insults everything that happened on September 11th. And that. Is. Wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:06 pm
I used to like them but the American Idiot cd completly ruined them. They have become so scene. If you thought American Idiot was their first cd YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE EARS!  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:58 pm
Soul_Reaver08
I used to like them but the American Idiot cd completly ruined them. They have become so scene. If you thought American Idiot was their first cd YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE EARS!

Aye. It's not really the "old Greenday" that I have a problem with. It's the more recent, MTV one. They're really riding the rebel bit, but they've lost much of their indie appeal. Notice how they dropped out of sight once they collected their paychecks from American Idiot. It's all about the money now, even though that's what they claim to be fighting.

Also, to say something about the kind of people they appeal to. Look at the amount of votes that disagree with me. Now look at the amount of coherent posts that disagree with me. There's a major discrepancy there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:43 am
I don't like greenday either, not because they are anti-war (i really think the fighting should stop) but because of how ignorant they are.

Punk music is based off a violent culture, if you look at music like Naked Raygun, Circle Jerks, The Exploited, etc. Most of those songs are violent, heavy songs. Green Day started as punk and while they still claim to be punk they are so sold out that there is nothing punk left in them.

Not that the whole anti-war thing isn't an issue in punk music, *cough*TheDeadKennedys*cough* but the way other punk bands adress it isn't with stupid similes/metaphors or recurring lyrics, but with true feeling and intelligence. Green Day has left the punk out of their music and because of that I hate them.  

QuantumOverload

rockinXchica33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:49 pm
I can agree with what you're saying. But I'm sort of neutral. They're a band, I listen to them sometimes, sometimes I don't. It doesn't really bother me too much because I don't completely agree with everything they're "for". So yeah. That's my stand on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:31 am
Preach! heart  

Muzical_Angel

Muzical_Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:33 am
If you ask me... they're just sort of like music zombies. They change their look, style, and music for money. Pathetic.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:15 am
Green day isnt the best band but they are pretty good....They may be anti war but i know that if you asked them they would say they support our troops..My father was in iraq for two years and i dont support the war but i support the men fighting over there. So dont turn this around into they are so anti war and thats awful look at it from another perspective. Judge them by their music not by their beliefs. Sorry thats juss my opnion  

xhockeygrl

Uchiha_Ichigo_dta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:57 pm
sorry i love green day  
Movies, TV, Music, and more

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items