Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:37 am
Goodness, what's this turning into a spectacular gathering! Hodari thought, looking on at the others that continued to approach her. She noticed with some concern that Galdric was starting to look notably bothered-maybe he hadn't expected such a crowd? She brushed her tail over his flank and gave him a reassuring smile, hoping to remind him that she was here for him, as much as the rest of the family there. Then there was Kasai, who was seemingly hitting it off with the Lord, Hivyo, loudly in fact, much to Liuhe's irritation. She smiled as she watched everyone interact with one another and she inclined her head politely to the Lords, before turning her gaze back onto her sister.

Kimondo went on to naming Meshach a knight of the Order of the Moon, so maybe that Order wasn't specifically for the departed? Great Lion, there were so many things she didn't know now! At least she wasn't alone in that regard. She slapped the ground lightly with her front paws by way of applause and then noticed as two more joined their group. The first was a lovely white lioness whom she recognized. She hadn't yet been introduced, but she knew the lioness to be Pueo, another Guard. She smiled at the other lioness and inclined her head towards her, as well. Noticing the pink lioness with her, whom she did not recognize, she just smiled.

Yoru was with them then and walking beside him was Amabala. Well, wasn't that a surprise! She thought as she looked over to where her familiar and son were speaking together, falling silent as Yoru took up a seat close to where Galdric sat, only to fix his eyes on Kimondo, suddenly greatly interested in the announcements that were being given and nothing else. Oh dear, what on earth could have happened? She glanced to Amabala with worried eyes and the maned wolf tilted his head to one side. Following the direction given, she spotted Miyako and another lion sitting close by one another. Ah...

Hodari grinned brightly at her daughter and patted the space beside her. If Miyako were to catch her eye, Hodari would be happy to receive her, as well as the growing crowd, on this evening. Keeping her ears perked to hear anything more her sister had to say, she eventually returned her gaze to Kimondo, though not before shooting Liuhe and apologetic glance. She had her paws full with her little ones when they were cubs and only more so now that they'd grown. She didn't mean to watchdog them, but sometimes... she just couldn't help it!

As Yoru stalked towards his family group, he paused uncertainly as he watched more lions and lionesses join the family. Since when were they that popular? Was that all his mother's doing? He suspected some of the pride knew of his mother, since she was the Queen's sister, but he hadn't realized that so many people would be sitting next to her! He started counting heads and then stopped walking altogether. There were six other lions sitting with his mother! No wonder Galdric had been giving him crazy eyes, Yoru thought, backing up a step.

He might be feeling a little more social, but there was no way he was going to approach that sizable group! If three was a crowd, what must seven be like? He dug his claws into the ground, suddenly frozen to the spot when a familiar scent brushed past him and he blinked as Amabala brushed past him.

"The meeting appears to be coming to an end. You won't have to stay there much longer and then you can excuse yourself as tired at the end." Said the maned wolf quietly. Yoru blinked again, surprised. Amabala was always close to the family growing up, he and his mother were a bonded companion pair after all, but Amabala had rarely spoken to the cubs growing up. Yoru wasn't even sure if he had heard the wolf's voice before now, aside from the soft murmurs that he spoke to Hodari.

"I..." Yoru was so caught off-guard that the wolf smiled a wry smile and nudged him towards his family again.

"Trust me when I say that your mother will understand if you decide to sit out speaking with the family if you are ill or cannot be around others at this time." Amabala went on. "You are her son, it's not like she hasn't been through at least some of what you have right now." And then suddenly, they had crossed the threshold together and Amabala was veering away from Yoru to go sit closer to Hodari. Yoru watched him for a moment, before going to sit beside Galdric. Amabala was right, he only had to get through the announcements and then he could leave before anyone else decided to join in with the group. Trying not to bristle with unease, he focused his attention on his aunt and perked his ears, trying his best to look the part of an attentive listener, even when he was more in tune to what was going on around him.

DavyJnah

Ecavi

Astro Risk Greenie
Yoru had actually excused himself from Belial and Miyako's company earlier, I wasn't sure if you'd seen that. sweatdrop

AstoriaFallen

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:52 am
User ImageJitu nodded solemly to Thula in thanks for the introduction. However, his attention was taken by the Queen. She explained how several lions that the male had known only by name, if that, had gone above and beyond the call of duty for the pride and so earned a new rank that was essentially equivalent to being in the High Class, despite whatever class they had come from. This was, of course, most notable in the case of Orion, the former Royal Guard.

He absently nuzzled his mate as she leaned against him. "I am well, Ukulwa," he answered, attention on the announcement while Kimondo spoke. After the Queen paused, he glanced down. "If I am sturdy, what does that make you?"

User ImageIki nodded silently at her sister's words. Now that she was looking, she could see their mother in the crowd, silently crying as she watched their father. Given all that had happened, she wasn't certain what those tears meant. Halili, she had learned courtesy Nyeusi, had always defined herself by her class. Now her mate was once again the equal of almost any lion in the High Class. Was Halili mourning the loss of Orion? Or was she happy? It was hard for the black lioness to judge her parents. Once she'd thought she knew everything there was to know about the two of them. Then her eldest sister had shown her otherwise, and Iki still hadn't managed to come to terms with that in every way.

User ImageSo...Orion and Meshach were the only living Knights in the pride, though her brother clearly took second to the former Prince in this case. It was clear to any member of the Mwezi'Johari that the Order of the Moon was the pinnacle, and the Order of the Stars a rank below. Still, it was somewhat amusing, the black lioness thought, that after all this time, her brother was back in the High Class, or near enough to it that it made no difference.

He had married into the Low Class for love, much the way their grandfather had, and it hadn't been easy in several ways, mostly thanks to Shangyue. However, now he'd been granted status equal to the High Class of their birth. Logically speaking, Caritas reasoned that Halili must therefore come with him, or the two would have to separate, for mates were always considered to be of the same class.

And whether or not Halili in particular could make that move was a fascinating question indeed.

User ImageShe really should have been watching the Queen. Or Meshach, as Kimondo honored him. But Halili simply couldn't focus on them. Nor was she remotely interested in watching the crowd around her, for none of them had any bearing on the events of this moment. After all, she'd already heard from her mate the bare bones of what would happen this night and made her decision.

Halili only had eyes for Orion. He looked...content. Happy, even, in a way she couldn't recall seeing him for so many years. It made him look younger, as young as he'd been when they first met, perhaps. The night was kind in terms of age and showing it. Of course, Orion's dark fur helped in that...

Still, she couldn't help understanding, somewhat, his joy.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:57 am
User Image

After giving an appropriate pause following Meshach's announcement, Kimondo turned to address the crowd again. It would have been lovely to end the ceremony there but that was ultimately impossible when she was certain there were still questions lingering.

"Lailah K'chol and I discussed this at length and we have agreed that this is indeed how our heroes should be recognized," she offered, making it clear that this was not only a political move but was fully supported by their religious leader, "Knights Meshach and Orion will become a part of the High Class, starting tonight, as will their mates. The Great Lion would not turn away from the beloved of any lion who has served Him and His pride so faithfully."

An exception to the longstanding tradition of males taking the ranks of their partners.. in any other circumstance, for any other reason, she would have expected a backlash. Considering what the situation was, though, it made sense.

"And this is just the beginning," she continued, steering the subject away from the knights a bit, "We are finally stable once more. It's time to start getting ourselves back in order! I will be working with our new High Priestesses, Head Guard Baba'nyota, and Head Huntress Hyousa to see what can be done about filling many positions that are now vacant. But that is a job for another night."

It was going to take a good while to get organized again, the pride was enormous.. but they would do it, and they would once again thrive.

Orion waited until the subject changed from the Knights and then worked his way around the crowd, avoiding eye contact with everybody he passed until he found Halili. Thank the Great Lion she had easily recognizable feet.

He smiled at her.

"I guess that's it, then," he murmured to her, "Want to be my Lady?"

He sincerely doubted she would opt for a life of lazy entitlement, even if that wasn't what most of the nobility were like.. but it felt like the most appropriately absurd thing to say in such a strange situation.

Hivyo managed to stay quiet for the rest of the announcements but turned right to Liuhe when Kimondo seemingly wrapped up her speech. He was making a face caught best described as confused, which earned him an eye roll from Liuhe.

"That's all great and everything," Hivyo said, "But that last bit sounded more interesting. Wanna be a priest? You could be an exceptional historian, I bet. Except Kin has a lot of recent events covered, doesn't he?"

Liuhe shook his head but smiled.

"Not interested," he said, "What about you?"

Hivyo shook his head as well, and looked at Hodari.

"What about you? You're a guard, right?" he asked, "You have connections, bet you could upgrade easily."

belloblossom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:46 pm
exclaim ORP is ending..!

My next post will be my last for this ORP. Get your wrap-up posts in now. I will be rolling for raffle prizes in a day or two, each post will get you one ticket! Our prizes have been kindly donated by nessiaing and DavyJnah: two of the very first cubs on the brand new Mwezi'Johari Lineart!!

User Image

User Image

Note: This male cub was provided via CC custom slot, he counts as your June slot if you win & accept him! Also, he is asymmetrical: his other cheek is bare & his other shoulder has two spots, like mum.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:45 pm
User Image

As Kimondo spoke his name, he looked up into her eyes. He remained rock steady and steadfast throughout her speech. After all he'd faced, surely he could handle this little thing. Meshach bowed his head as she named him to the Order of the Moon and high class.

"Thank you Queen Kimondo." He moved over to join the others with a nod to them. His eyes turned to look out over the pride that he'd given so much to restore. They were stronger for the trials they had suffered. He hoped everything had brought them closer together as a pride. As Kimondo had said there was still just a little bit of clean up work left. Now he felt he could relax. The purple male wended his way slowly through the crowd heading back toward his daughter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:32 pm
Pueo became slightly more aware of Galdric being surrounded by family. She hadn't noticed before but this must have been his family as the lot seemed pretty close. Her ears twitched nervously. What kind of social engagement had she signed her self up for and why was that pink lioness so persistent for her to mingle. She was regretting coming over.

Tatkret wasn't feeling awkward at all. She actually was happy to be apart of something. Very unaware of how awkward Pueo may have felt, the lioness crept closer to join the group.

"Exciting announcents," She added.

belloblossom

DavyJnah

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 pm
Thula grinned at the pair of them. Oh how she wished that Umgiyo were here. There was something she had wanted to tell him with his family. Another time perhaps. Especially with all the announcements going on from the Queen maybe springing this on would made the male's mane fall out. "You two are aboslutely lovely and I am glad at least that I have a mate who has a wonderful family." Though the smile on her maw was sincere, there was a small longing in her eyes for something that could never happen. Them meeting her family. All was well of course as she had a new family and how wonderful it was to at least meet part of them. Now if only she could meet that brother.

Galdric tried to smile but it turned to that awkward smile that he remembered Pueo gave him when they had first crossed paths. "Pueo." Saying her name like it was a fine silk meant to be praised for its beauty. Slightly trying to excuse himself from the lords with a bow of his head as well as his brother before going to stand by her. Best to let Kasai do whatever it was that she needed to while he, well tried to be a half decent male. "This is my family." Then in a lower voice so that she might hear and not draw the attention of his sister, "That's Kasai, the loud one. Miyako is over there talking to that male I have never seen, that's Yoru. Twins those two. And well that's my mother. Hodari."

Though he ended up trying to maneuver the female towards Yoru and his mother now. Break the ice. "Mother... Yoru." Looking from his mother to his brother, still keeping a close eye on Kasai, "This is Pueo. I met her when I was coming back from a day hunt." Honestly he hadn't really been listening to anything anyone was really saying after a while other than his aunt's announcements and just staring into the beauty that was Pueo.

"I'm sorry this is a lot isn't it?" Galdric asked Pueo, almost feeling like a cub at the moment. His body was almost a barrier between his family and her.

Alpaca Chobi

Asterisk Greenie

Ecavi

mouselet

[I would also like to say Thula isn't super showing or anything in this ORP and cubs won't be born just yet. But there will be an ORP when they are born.]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 pm
User Image"Thank you, Thula," Jitu answered for the both of them as he nuzzled his mate briefly and distractedly as he repeated to himself what the Queen had just said. The Knights were being recognized for their service by becoming part of the High Class...and their mates with them. This was particularly important in the case of Orion, who had been a member of the Low Class. Obviously, since he'd been a Royal Guard. Which mean his mate was from the Low Class.

Jitu was getting better at keeping track of these things, but the classes still threw him for a loop more often that he cared to let on. Still, this was Important! Also filling vacant positions, but as the male was not interested in being anyone special, he ignored that part of the announcement.

User ImageAh, there it was! She knew the mates had to be permitted to follow their Knights into the High Class, else some real problems would likely ensue. It was one thing for half a mated pair to hold a position of status, such as herself now being a High Priestess and Ukarimu nothing special, but it would be a very different issue if mated pairs were suddenly split between two classes. The Queen and Shaman had clearly thought things through before determining what course of action to take.

She considered going over to congratulate her brother, but he seemed to be making a beeline for Halili, which was only right. The black lioness had no need dto interrupt them at this time. After all, she'd soon be seeing a lot more of them.

User ImageShe watched as he came straight for her, through the swirling mass of lions in many different colors, avoiding well-wishers from all sides by looking at the ground. Finally he came up to her and raised his eyes to her face. And asked the stupidest question in the world for this moment in time.

Halili stared at Orion, mouth agape. Had he really just...? Did he seriously...?

"Absolutely not!" she replied hotly, indignant at the very thought of spending her days in lazy idleness. Then the lioness smiled again, softening. She couldn't ruin this night, of all nights, for him.

"But I'll be your Huntress." It was, after all, a job she knew well and was accustomed to doing, regardless of whether or not she got credit for it. They might be in the High Class now, but Halili wasn't going to let it go to her head. She'd had more than enough of that.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm
Hodari continued to watch the announcements, but once Meshach returned to the crowd, her eyes flitted over her brood once again. As she was glancing over everyone, she noticed that the pretty white lioness, her fellow Guard, was starting to look distinctly uncomfortable. She shot a pointed look at Galdric, why wasn't he going over to talk to his lady friend, only to notice he looked rather uncertain too. Well, she couldn't stand for this!

Luckily it seemed as though Galdric got the point when he began to introduce the family to the lioness. Smiling graciously, she stepped up, only to be blocked by her son and she snorted at him, narrowing her eyes at him before peering over his shoulder and smiling at the other lioness.

"Hello Pueo," She purred smoothly. "Pleasure to meet you." She said. "I've seen you around patrols; sorry for not introducing myself sooner." She flicked her tail towards where her sister stood, finishing the announcements as they spoke. "What did you think of the announcements? Pretty interesting stuff, right? Oh," Catching the Lords' questions behind her, she smiled politely and backed off. "Excuse me." And ducking her head, she excused herself and then turned to Liuhe and his companion, Hivyo.

"Head Guard?" She smiled at the idea, "That's an idea... Yes, I think that might be fun, though I would loathe to have others think Kimondo was showing favoritism to be because we're sisters." She added, but now she had a shine of ambition in her eyes, one she hadn't had since before the rebellion. "I guess I'll just have to prove to the pride that I'm an excellent guard without my connections."

Yoru nodded to the white lioness that his brother was introducing to him, but otherwise kept his gaze on Kimondo, his ears perked. Glancing briefly towards Amabala, the maned wolf caught his look and nodded his silent encouragement. Yoru stifled a sigh. It was almost over and then he could slip away. It was almost over... It was almost over... It was almost over...

Ecavi

DavyJnah

Alpaca Chobi

ABVirus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:23 pm
This was over whelming. The white lioness was doing her best to stay calm and keep her chin up but these feelings were overwhelming. It wasn't love but more not sure how to sort flirting. She'd never been put in a position where it was needed nor had she ever agreed to want to flirt but her emotions, that were usually under control, begged to differ. To make matters even more awkward , he was around his whole family and this was a critical moment where if she said the wrong thing what if they hated her for it?

But wait. He was apologizing. Wait, why was he? Oh, he could tell?

"Y-yeah I am not used to this kind of a thing." Her face had some how turned red during all of this. "I have to admit that I find you kind of intimidating in a weird way," She wasn't sure what she meant by that but it felt true.

Another voice? She was grateful to be pulled out of this head space she had entered.

"Oh. Oh yeah. Guard duty. I think I've seen you around as well. Uh..." Oh yeah the announcements. "I..." She hadn't been fully paying attention and now her brain was panicking.

"Yeah I find it exciting our new queen is so forgiving." Tatkret chirped up instead. She'd been ease dropping only the entire time. She was invested in this soap opera now.

"Haven't seen you before but my name is Tatkret and you have to excuse Pueo over here she's had a long day. Brain tired. Maybe she should get some rest. I'll take her to do that now," The lioness pulled on the Pueo's ear with her maw, "Lets get going now.

"Oh.. Uh." Pueo got up, "Y-yeah its been a long day. I.. Well it was nice to actually meet you and ye-yeah," With that the lioness followed after Tatkret. She barely knew this lioness but she was glad to have a guardian angel to pull her out of this awkward situation... even though it was her fault.

DavyJnah

belloblossom

((Thank you guys <3 TT v TT ))  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:06 pm
The purple dragon male was torn. He wanted to stay with his family but he also wanted to follow the female. He looked at his brother as if maybe he might help him. "I will be back for that hunt." He said loud enough for everyone in the gang to hear but not to be too loud to interrupt the announcements. "Liuhe, Hivyo, if mother allows maybe you can come with us. Also maybe if our lovely aunt could be talked into it." Probably a small chance, but what the heck he could dream. "I will speak to you later, I have a lady to chase." Before padding off after Pueo. He wanted to hear more of the announcements bu he might be able to catch them as he was leaving.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:30 am
User Image

With all things said and done, Kimondo took her leave of the spot front and center of the gathered crowd. Since they were all gathered together and the moon was full, it would likely remain something of a party for a few hours yet.. but the queen would happily keep to herself, for now at least. She didn't often get a chance to just watch so much of the pride at once.

Orion looked at Halili with plain amusement in his eyes, one look and she'd know he had been joking- or, at least, expecting that exact answer. With a chuckle, he gave her a gentle headbutt before nuzzling against her affectionately.

"Alright, deal," he said.

Hivyo beamed at Hodari and her family, thoroughly enjoying himself with this little group. He'd have to get more comfortable around the family, he guessed. Liuhe, at least, was close with Kimondo and Kimondo was close to her family. Liuhe, though somewhat uncomfortable because of his own issues, was reassured by Hodari's friendly attitude. She and her sister were quite alike, it was amazing he'd never really noticed before.

"You and Kimondo are related to most of the pride," Liuhe said, "It'd be hard to avoid accusations of nepotism, if any are the type to suggest it."

It might look like a problem if all of her brothers were as ambitious and hard-working as Hodari, but he simply couldn't imagine it being a problem for Kimondo. That would be something she'd handle easily.

This is my last post! Raffle incoming.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 37 ... 9!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:39 am
Raffle List - each post is 1 ticket

1. *Greenie
2. belloblossom
3. *Greenie
4. belloblossom
5. ABVirus
6. belloblossom
7. SilverLutz
8. mouselet
9. *Greenie
10. SilverLutz
11. mouselet
12. SilverLutz
13. belloblossom
14. magnadearel
15. ABVirus
16. mouselet
17. Safaia
18. magnadearel
19. SilverLutz
20. magnadearel
21. mouselet
22. Alpaca Chobi
23. AstoriaFallen
24. belloblossom
25. AstoriaFallen
26. DavyJnah
27. Alpaca Chobi
28. Alpaca Chobi
29. SilverLutz
30. *Greenie
31. belloblossom
32. mouselet
33. magnadearel
34. Alpaca Chobi
35. mouselet
36. belloblossom
37. Alpaca Chobi

Note: Double posts were counted as one, any two-in-a-row ticket sets had ineligible people between them (i.e. Ecavi, DavyJnah)

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 37 ... 23!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:40 am
Raffle List - each post is 1 ticket

1. *Greenie
2. belloblossom
3. *Greenie
4. belloblossom
5. ABVirus
6. belloblossom
7. SilverLutz
8. mouselet
9. *Greenie - First Choice
10. SilverLutz
11. mouselet
12. SilverLutz
13. belloblossom
14. magnadearel
15. ABVirus
16. mouselet
17. Safaia
18. magnadearel
19. SilverLutz
20. magnadearel
21. mouselet
22. Alpaca Chobi
23. AstoriaFallen - Second Choice
24. belloblossom
25. AstoriaFallen
26. DavyJnah
27. Alpaca Chobi
28. Alpaca Chobi
29. SilverLutz
30. *Greenie
31. belloblossom
32. mouselet
33. magnadearel
34. Alpaca Chobi
35. mouselet
36. belloblossom
37. Alpaca Chobi

Note: Double posts were counted as one, any two-in-a-row ticket sets had ineligible people between them (i.e. Ecavi, DavyJnah)

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:43 am
Ecavi
User Image User Image

Note: This male cub is asymmetrical: his other cheek is bare & his other shoulder has two spots, like mum.

Whatever Greenie calls herself today gets first choice of the two cubs, AstoriaFallen gets the other! If you take the boy, please remember that he will count as your June breeding custom slot!

If neither of you want to use your slot to keep the boy, I will reroll.

Ctrl F Greenie

AstoriaFallen

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas