Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:43 pm
Burning Aces Wing
N'var of Brown Soreth
HP: 35
Status Effect: N/A
XP: (+6 to base. +5 as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 8
Luck: 6

N'var ran his hands over the last few of his straps slowly, checking for any tiny imperfections. Even the slightest nick could be fatal once in the air. Satisfied that everything was in order the man rocked back on his heels to look around himself, ready to offer an hand to any of his wing who might need it. Soreth shifted his weight, putting stress on the straps trying to prove N'var's inspections as flawed. After a moment he let out a huff that couldn't be mistaken as anything but what it was. Displeasure. N'var on the other hand laughed. You won't catch me that way Soreth. Not today of all days.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:04 pm
BURNING ACES WING

Aly'on of Brown Ihiannsith
HP:37
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP:Base Stat: +6 to everything; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy:6
General Stamina:6
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 6+3 = 9
Luck: 6+2 =8

Heat rose up in his cheeks, Aly'on gave a weak smile at his fellow wing rider and gave Ihiannsith one last pet. He fidget a bit more, fingers worrying the edge of a sleeve instead of pacing about.

"I know, just worried," and he did worry, a lot. He would feel so much better when they were finally down on the ground and he didn't have to worry about Shyn'ar... his younger siblings would be safe in the weyr and it just...

He sighed, finger nails biting into the leather.

Ihiannsith nudged Aly'on, shifting him a bit and breaking him out of his worriment if just to keep his feet. He soothed. They would have this.

'I do I really do.'Aly'on trusted Ihiannsith completely and his team mates and that everyone wanted the best but this was dangerous.

SilverLutz

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:05 pm
Queen's Wing
Sylfie of Gold Hesperith
HP: 45
XP: (+2 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 4

They'd done this a few times now, and neither one of them liked it any better than they had the first time, or the second, or the third: pretty much every last part of this was awful. Still, in spite of her overall distaste for the indelicate task of fighting Thread, Hesperith was resigned to it, and calm. Sylfie, on the other hand, was anything but. While she didn't object to the task itself, it remained a terrifying prospect. She didn't worry about herself or Hesperith getting hurt, as the likelihood of sustaining a truly terrible injury in the Queen's Wing was low, but the responsibility was enormous. To be there to catch a falling dragon if someone from one of the higher wings was injured, to be what might make the difference between life and death...

That was sharding terrifying. And this shaffing flamethrower, she just...she just didn't trust it. Oh, if only golds could flame! She trusted Hesperith a lot more than some piece of equipment. She checked, and double-checked, and triple-checked everything, from the flamethrower to every last one of Hesperith's straps, while they waited. Soon now. Too soon.

Hesperith crooned reassurance, and bumped gently at Hers with her nose. All will be well. And if it is not, we will be where we are needed.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:26 pm
Harbingers Wing
M'yk of Brown Dobrokhoth
HP: 37
XP: (+6 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 7
Luck: 7

You should have talked to her, Dobrokhoth chided as his rider methodically checked over their straps. When he was very pointedly ignored, he pushed, My straps are fine! You should have checked hers instead, I heard that when they were blooded-

Stop nagging me! M'yk cut him off sharply, causing his brown to huff and turn his head to hide the slip of blue that entered his eyes. He had clearly hit a nerve, and was quite pleased with himself for doing so. He was very rarely one to push at his rider this way, but in this particular case he was getting very annoyed with His' stubbornness! If she's made it this far, she can check her own straps, but no amount of checking is going to Threadproof them.

You could have checked anyway! Or at least-

I said stop. We've got more important things to focus on!

Dobrokhoth rumbled and shifted his weight, tail snaking back and forth behind him. Then you should check after. You know, if she's still-

Enough! Shaff it all, would you just shut up already?! M'yk thunked him (gently-ish) on the leg, and fixed him with a glare that brooked no more of that nonsense. They were done talking about this!

Hmph.  

Meepfur
Crew

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:38 pm
Trespassers Wing
R'mis of Blue Houth
HP: 29
XP: (+6 to base. +5 as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: 8
Pain Resilience: 8
Instinct: 7

[*Will fly first wave]

R'mis lovingly rubbed at Houth's neck as the two waited patiently for the rest of his wing to finish with their preparations. The pair had volunteered to fly the first wave. They always had been -and always would be- the first to jump to action. They had long since moved on from the need to be in the spotlight, at this age the pair were driven by a desire to protect their family. The Weyr.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:46 pm
Tsunami Wing
Herg'r of Bronze Hyglath
HP: 44
XP: (+6 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 6
General Stamina: 8
Instinct: 6
Luck: 7

Winds! A low from the Northern Wastelands! Herg'r had a good feeling about this one, a good feeling! He grinned and thumped Hyglath on the side, sharing a wordless delight with him about the prospects for the day. He almost envied the wings who'd be starting out at high altitude, but mid wasn't so bad, and they'd get to high soon enough! Thread to fight in every direction, danger all around - what could be better? He was already chuckling to himself as he finished checking over their straps one last time, and thunked his large hand against his dragon several times more. This was going to be a good day!

Never one to keep such a mood to himself, he sauntered over to clap Tsunami's newest addition on the back, his booming voice entirely too cheerful as he asked, "Ready for your blooding, M'nr?"

Hyglath turned blue-green eyes to his fellow bronze and gave a deep thrum that paired well with his rider's voice. It is a good day for it.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 pm
Tornado Wing
Nimueh of Brown Mharlith (Wingsecond)
HP:41
XP: 41
General Stamina: 8
Pain Resilience: 8

Nimueh peeled off into her own space in the weyr bowl once the big speech was done. It was had said nothing they all didn't already know but she appreciated the attempt at boosted morale. For some it jut might work but she was an older rider, she knew the realities of the situation. Chances were thread would claim lives this day. Selfishly she just hoped that it would not be anyone from her wing or anyone she knew personally. It would be easier to remain detached then, and keep on focus.

Seeing Mharlith, her beautiful big brown waiting for her lifted her spirits again. The great wherry never failed to pull a smile from the mind healer even on her worst days. He looked so dapper, his hide scrubbed and oiled to pristine condition, he could almost be mistaken for a bronze. He certainly had the size of one. He loomed over several of his metallic brothers.

Nimueh also looked striking in her riding gear which was stark contrast to her casual flowing skirts and loose cotton blouses. The wher hide leather clung to every inch leaving little to the imagination, even her middle aged love handles were squished and strapped into the skin tight outfit. Her shoulder length curls had also been scraped back and pinned into submission so there was no chance that the lose strands would obscure her sight. The knot of a wingsecond attached to her shoulder.

Mharlith.

She called to her dragon and he instantly lowered his great head to greet her where she embraced him.

Big day to day my beloved, but I could never put my trust in anyone more worthy. I need you to reach out to the other dragons in the wing, touch base with them, see how they and their riders are feeling, report back. Also I need you to hold contact as much as you can during thread fall, we need to monitor them for injuries and those pushing to hard.

Mharlith rumbled enjoying the contact he shared with his rider.

Understood Nimueh. We must look after those in our care, I fear this could strain many in their mind and body.

I fear you are right.

Mharlith did as his rider asked, reaching out to gently investigate the status of each rider in Tornado Wing while Nimueh moved around to recheck his riding straps. Then check them again.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:16 pm
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith
HP: 22
XP: (+1 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 1
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 1
Between Accuracy: 1
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 2
Luck: 1

Nadry hadn't been afraid enough when they'd gone up into their first Threadfall. She'd been nervous, she'd been worried, but she hadn't been afraid. She was now. It was real this time, the risks experienced firsthand, witnessed. There were fewer Ashlings now than there had been, one gone forever and more than one either temporarily grounded or flying with the Queen's Wing. Would what was left of them make it to graduation, or would there be another loss today? No matter how hard she tried not to think of it, her mind kept going back to the keening, that horrible wrenching feeling. And what if it was Ichta next time, or G'ran, or C'lusi, or Dr'stan, or C'ryn, or any of them? The thought made her sick to her stomach.

Menankith made a low sound and nosed at her, trying to offer comfort. He'd been well-scarred that day, too, and she brushed a gloved hand over the edge of the healing score, some of it hidden under the new straps he wore. How does it feel? It's not too uncomfortable, is it? It's- I think it's going to rub a little no matter what we do. I'm sorry.

It will be fine. I can bear it if you can. Another encouraging, affectionate nuzzle, and she nodded in answer. The score on her back was fairly large, but the damage overall was minor. Wearing a flight jacket over it wasn't exactly comfortable, but once they were in the air, she'd have plenty to take her mind off of it. Then it's settled. We'll bear it.

As His leaned against him, he reached for the minds of the classmates to whom they were closest, offering not words but simple, deep affection. Even if they were not all in the same wing today, they were all Ashlings, and all together.

demon_pachabel
<3 to Aurinkoth!

Tsunake
and Elzebuth!

Uta
and Macuith!

Mx Cherie
and Cynosuth!

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:40 pm
HURRICANE WING
Efrideet of White Asuracath [second wave]
HP: 15
Status Effect:
XP:
Pain Resilience: 9

Efrideet was singing. Not to any audience in particular beyond herself and her dragon, but sang she did, a lively melody that didn't fit the somber atmosphere at the weyr bowl. The beat kept her movements light but precise as she checked her riding gear, tightening this or loosening that as Asuracath dictated. The white was, as usual, brimming with righteous fury at the thought of their ancient enemy, but she saved her commentary for when Hers was finished with the straps.

WHY MUST WE WAIT? boomed Asuracath, eyes tinged with red. Well, more red than usual. Her voice seemed to project to nearby riders, and they turned and winced. Most knew already how this little one could get. I AM READY TO DESTROY IT ALL NOW, EFRIMINE. YOU KNOW I COULD DO THIS.

"Of course you could," Efrideet agreed amicably, running her hand down the dragon's knobs in a soothing gesture as she turned to do the other side. "The point is that we let others have some fun first."

I AM NOT HERE TO PLAY. I AM HERE TO WIN. Asuracath shifted restlessly, teeth poking from her maw. Thread was the rare enemy that could not be cowed or killed so easily, and the frustration made her want to tear the walls down.

"Shh, now. We'll show them what's what when it's our turn, I promise."

This didn't satisfy the white. She turned to some of the nearby Wingriders, eyes blazing. DO YOUR DUTY OR I WILL DROWN YOU IN THE ASHES OF THE FALLEN. AND SAVE SOME FOR ME OR I WILL MAKE YOU JOIN THEM.

There was, of course, no true threat in it. It was just nerves. Maybe. Actually, given how intense Asuracath was, maybe she wasn't kidding...Efrideet sighed.

demon_pachabel
BastetAmun
Shaddaling
DarkHikari

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:39 pm
TORNADO WING
V’kenti of bronze Takarath [Wingleader]

HP: 41/41
XP: --
Target Accuracy: 6 + 1 = 7
General Stamina: 6 + 1 = 7
Between Accuracy: 6 + 1 = 7
Pain Resilience: 6 + 1 = 7
Instinct: 6 + 1 = 7

V’kenti wasn’t really sure what about today’s threadfall had him feeling so worried. Perhaps it was that D’mon also felt it. Perhaps it was the winds that shifted slightly even as they were grounded. His lips were pursed in a thin line as he thought and triple checked everything. Everything is fine. Straps are properly secured as always. Takarath told him in a tone that was completely different from his body language. He had an almost lazy…whimsical tone about him meanwhile his body was tense and on alert. ”Hmm.” V replied as he checked things one more time. UridithMe and mine want you to be safe.

It was all that needed to be said to his gold lover and her rider. After D’mon was finished speaking, he knew it was time to get his wing in order. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed A’dras of bronze Gareth, wingleader of Hurricane wing. As their wings had run some drills together, it was easy to say that V’kenti had a slightly increased interest in that wing’s well being (though only slightly more). ”A’dras. I wish your wing well today. We won’t be flying the same altitude today, but I know your wing is prepared. Don’t hesitate do call upon Tornado if you need something.” He hesitated a moment to chat before moving on.

Takarath lumbered on beside him as they moved around the various wings that were beginning to assemble. Neiveth and Lireloth are together with theirs over here. I’ll call over Mharlith and Alucarth. Takarath called over the TORNADO WINGSECONDS and ANY TORNADO WINGRIDERS as V’kenti neared the pair that were already together. ”G’lin, Thella.” He nodded to each in turn. Takarath eyed Neiveth and Lireloth. Just remember to stay focused, he told the two, though not too sternly. The bronze knew his wing well. ”Al’ndru, Nimueh. You both know what you need to do. As D’mon said,” He addressed everyone. ”If you need to land, tell us and do so. Don’t endanger anyone: yourself, your rider, or another pair.” Of course he knew they would but sometimes it was easy to get into the heat of the fight and not pay enough attention. But that’s what his wingseconds were for. ”We’ll be flying low altitude first. This wind will make it difficult. I expect everyone to know their limits. Any questions?” V’kenti eyed his wing, looking for any unsure faces.

OOC: WING SPECIFIC DISCORD LINK if any other Tornado wingriders would like to join <3

”BastetAmun”
Al'ndru of bronze Alucarth :: Wingsecond | A'dras of bronze Gareth :: Wingleader

”SilverLutz”
Thella of brown Lireloth

”demon_pachabel”
G'lin of green Neiveth

”Shinosbee”
Lestenna of gold Uridith

Sinders Path
Nimueh of brown Mharlith :: Wingsecond

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:48 pm
HARBINGERS WING
Sam’kel of Blue Kinitarth
HP: 23
Status Effect: None
XP: 0
General Agility: 9
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 7

Sam’kel and Kinitarth will be flying First Wave

The hurried, rhythmic scratches of quill to parchment filled the air of the personal weyr, the last scratched words on a letter. Sam’kel is near shaking as he folds the letter, securing it firmly to the courier firelizard’s saddle. With some gentle mental nudges from Kinitarth, the flitter jumps and disappears. Sam’kel’s letter is on its way to his.. on its way to F’ell. His heart. In some odd chance this might be worse than projected, best to get some good last words in.

You worry. Kinitarth’s voice is soft but blunt.

“It’s thread, of course I worry.” Sam’kel starts in to double check his straps he had secured before penning his letter. Things are tight and secure, oiled and cared for meticulously. “How do those feel?”

Perfectly secure, as they did earlier. Kinitarth finally looks away from his sand table, stick dangling gently from his mouth. We will be fine. Our next free day we will visit F’ell and Teth, and you will play for us. You worry too much.

“You’re feeling confident today.” Yet the ruddy color rose in the harper’s neck at the mention of his friend.

Oh, no. But you are not, and we will not do well if you are overtly distracted. The wind is high, but so is my mood. The blue dragon snorts, dropping the stick into the sand. But we will be fine, and tonight we will enjoy a celebration with our wing.

Deep breath, slow from the pit of his stomach and releases it slow as he dresses in his thick gear for threadfall. Sam’kel approaches Kinitarth who had moved to his ledge, both sets of eyes looking at the array of colors as the rest of the Weyr gets ready to fight.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:09 pm
TSUNAMI WING
M'nr of Bronze Cordrath
HP: 46
Status Effect: --
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +2
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +3
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +4
Instinct: +4
Luck: +2

Cordrath was eagerly enjoying some sweet sentiment he'd been returned by his dear golden dame when the approach of a somewhat familiar man drew his attention down to his rider - who seemed to find the greeting all in good humor. He didn't flinch as the larger and stockier man slapped his back, just squaring up his shoulders to laugh right along with him.

"It seems like a good day for it! I hear I missed the blooding of our Senior Weyrlings not too long ago, so I may get to spotlight on this occasion!" though he'd heard the stories of how the young one's had fared. He did expect to do marginally better, and Cordrath rumbled along with M'nr's thoughts on the matter. Of course they'd do better. If only because the bond between rider and dragon was more established.

I will carry mine and the honor of our wing well, Cordrath seemed to share the sentiment of his rider, to his fellow bronze. Though like M'nr, he didn't expect this would be entirely smooth sailing for their first flight with the wing. But at least they were in good company.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:14 pm
HURRICANE WING
W'dre of Bronze Dormith
HP:46
XP: (+6 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +6
General Stamina: +9
General Agility: +6
Between Accuracy: +6
Pain Resilience: +7
Instinct: +6
Luck: +7

How much do you desire I make sure to leave for you? Dormith asked amicably, completely unphased by the violent mood of Asuracath. She, like many, were chomping at the bit after all. And really, a large lumbering bronze like him wasn't about to be catching everything. That's why they had delicate and dexterous blues and greens (and whites!) to dart about.

No, he would never be able to keep up with such acrobatic feats.

W'dre offered a casual shrug at the loud outburst of the white. He and Dormith flew for cover fire and not precision markmanship, after all. There will be plenty to fight for a long time. I will await you coming to show me how it is done.

Medigel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:33 pm
ASHLINGS WING
Ichta of Blue Aurinkoth
HP: 18
XP: (Base Stat - +1 to everything)(+5 to distribute to whatever I want)
Target Accuracy: +1
Flame Length: +3
General Stamina: +1
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +1
Instinct: +1
Luck: +2

Aurinkoth cheeped in a way that would have seemed adorable in any other situation, but it was his optimism that this time would be better that kept Ichta's spirits high, at least. Of course. I'll deliver both of us right to your ledge if that's what is needed. Then again, Elzebuth could also bring his G'ran to their ledge!

Oh! So many options! But of course, they could also both go to Menankith's... which on the thought of the brown, Aurinkoth returned his wave of affection with one of his own, almost overly bright and sunny in tone. Mine sends yours her best - and I to you. We shed enough blood already! We will keep the skies clear so you can be safe! Aurinkoth assured, though it was likely unneeded.

He was in just a good mood lately. And on such notes, the blue reached out to gently tap another mind with another solid wave of affection and support. Cynosuth! I'll be watching your back! Stay safe, okay?

Tsunake

Meepfur

Mx Cherie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:08 pm
BURNING ACES WING
A'ye of Green Oyath
HP: 20
Status Effect: None
XP: -
General Agility: 10

This was it. A'ye had been considered too frail and in recovery after his literal months in the infirmary to actually fly Thread, and as such had spent the last few falls assisting as though he were a grounded rider. A clean bill of health and discharge from the healers had the greenrider adjusting the last of his straps, checking and rechecking the same things in over and over. His dragon had given a bored yawn over his antics, which prompted a stern reply. "We're flying low altitude this Fall, Oyath." He knew the green was aware, and her yawn...was perhaps an attempt to calm A'ye down. It had been a long time since he was this unsettled about flying Thread - perhaps he hadn't been this anxious since the first time they went up. High Reaches had made them beyond prepared to fight, not to mention it'd been two Turns, but A'ye was....anxious.

He'll be fine too. Almost as if reading his thoughts (which she was, because mental link, duh), Oyath chimed in with another bored hum. His is strong and large, and not as dim as I think. Her remarks got a raised eyebrow, but mostly did the trick. The green could feel some of the nerves lessen, though her rider was still on alert. He had to be, because he wanted to make it through this Fall with as little injury to himself and Oyath as possible. The green thrummed again. He should be around here somewhere, why not go see him and wish him luck? Make a promise or something to meet after, or whatever it is humans do. Just so long as you get it out of your system and stop acting like a fool.

A'ye's face flushed six shades of red and his head filled with six different levels of cursing. Oyath had a point, and he had to begrudgingly hand it to her that talking before the Fall might clear the air and clear his mind. He needed to be focused solely on himself, not thinking 'what ifs' about someone far away. If he allowed himself to be distracted it would be the same as just shaking hands with Thread. "Fine. I'll go wish him luck if it'll shut you up."

It will shut you up. Came the reply as A'ye tugged a strap one last time and made his way out towards where he felt a certain bronzerider's wing would be. Wrong way.

He turned and walked the other direction.

Uta
for s'del

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas