Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:58 pm
Chains rattled loudly once more as a playful feeling tugged at her, dared her to play and cause some havok and turmoil. She smiled once more despite herself and shook free. Her inner child would not yet see the light of day, maybe if the right time or partner came she would think about it. Flying through the sky on the back of a dragon looked pretty fun.

"You're going to make someone a fantastic partner little one." Amra whispered to the egg before she let go of it's shell.

Casting a look around as she righted herself to her proper height once more, the girl caught sight of a brightly colored egg. Of course she'd seen it before, in the images that Whirlwind had sent to her the first day. Blurry though they'd been. Pulling the memory up quickly she approached it carefully, worried for the aura she felt from it but curious all the same.

What was that surrounding The Angel? Her hand touched it gently, not afraid but not completely secure about her choice on this one. "Your colors are stunning! I bet you'd love someone to shine you up once you're hatched so you glow just as bright."

Logging away the swirl of color for inspiration later, she tried her best not to let her fingers trace the pattern on the warm shell.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:01 pm
Joshala (W)
Ah, this one was the sort of egg that didn’t seem to understand humor. That was all right, because Joshie hadn’t been trying to be funny. She was being meta… meta-something. Eh. Her delayed education hadn’t quite caught up with a word that big yet, though she well understood the concept. She smiled and gave the egg a parting pat before moving on.

Those “tunnelsnakes” were banished from her physical life, though the memories did occasionally creep into her mind for a reminder of where she’d come from. But instead of thinking about the mines of Nabol, Joshala went further back, to the happiness of her youngest childhood filled with freedom and play – not for herself, but for the baby in the next egg she touched. Her thoughts were peaceful as she went to the Vampire Egg and pressed her hand against its warm shell.

That blond fellow from before was standing next to a nearby egg, a look of confusion on his face. Probably his first Touching, and didn’t expect the egg to talk back to him, she suspected. Of course you talk back, she said to the golden egg. You are far more than a mere shell. And who knows? You have more potential for greatness than most of us here, I’d wager.

Farinalgo (HR)
Farin was taken aback by such a negative response. What was so horrible about a common, “How are you feeling?” And of course he hadn’t Impressed yet – this was only his first Touching! Clearly, that egg was either some sort of snob or had some serious anxiety issues. Strange.

He noticed that girl again, the one who’d side-swiped him coming in. She looked at him and he awkwardly cleared his throat. Since when was Farinalgo ever awkward? He quickly moved on, crossing to touch the Demon Egg. Hello, he began, wondering if this egg would be similarly depressing. How are you today? Have you met many interesting Candidates thus far?  

Teiha

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Miach (HR)

Tears briefly sprang to Miach's eyes at the response from the Hunter Egg and the emotions that flooded her. She gently stroked the egg and took a brief moment to press both hands in a way that seemed like a hug. "Thank you for sharing with me." She softly spoke to the egg with a little more confidence then she had before. "I will go visit your other siblings and let others get to know you too." Miach added before briefly skimming each egg to figure out which one she should visit next. Miach rose and moved over to the Mummy Egg.

Miach got down onto her knees to create more space for hands to reach around her. "You're a beautiful red color." She thought, mostly to herself as her hands rubbed against the surface--her hands a little more steady than before but still shaky. "You d-on't seem as e-e--xcited to be touched today." She laughed softly. "Maybe your's hasn't come by yet?" Miach asked of it gently, trying to send the reassuring vibes she had received from the Hunter Egg. "Or maybe you are like me and much more quiet." Miach wondered.

Kambri (W)

He grinned large at the response he received from the Gargoyle Egg. "Don't worry about not being as interested in the story, few do." Kambri said to the egg. Not many were interested in his tales that he made up on a whim and the egg's initial response didn't deter him. It seemed open still. "Maybe I can tell you a story later. Stories before bed are the best." He added. When there was brief lull in the candidates touching the egg, Kambri extended his arms a little to briefly hug the egg in an attempt to cuddle--but still trying to keep Vimiath happy.
"I'm going to let others get to know you for a bit. But there is a cuddle for the road." He laughed, rubbing the egg again in affection he willingly gave to everyone he met.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:03 pm
-----------------------------------------Jacquol-----------------------------------------

Oh, oops! Sorry about that love! Jacquol tugged her focus back around to fix on Gargoyle. Didn't mean to make you feel a third wing, precious! She cooed to it, her mental touch all teasing, but entirely well-meaning. Siren was lovely, but Gargoyle was nice too! The teal reminded her of shallow clear waters in the south. She could almost imagine a little fish swimming over the edge of the shell...Did the dragonet inside know what a fish was? What the sea was? Oh, how exciting! There'd be so much for it to see once it got out!

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

Oof! The boy almost physically jolted as the jab of fury lanced from the egg he'd left into his back. Rude! He cast a querulous glance back at it, then huffed and turned back to Vampire. Can you believe how touchy some of these siblings were? Honestly. He waited a few beats longer, debating as the egg debated about him in turn, waiting to see if either of them came to a decision. He could feel that same vague boredom wanting to ripple to life in the back of his skull again though...poor Vampire. Honestly it wasn't it's fault. His heart just wasn't quite in this, or not for the right reasons, not today.

He stepped away from the long egg after another moment, casting about blankly. And definitely not deigning to look at Angel again!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:13 pm
Lennik

Sufficient wasn't bad, but....

I am uncertain if I'm becoming an adult some days or if I've turned my back on what I am. I don't want to be the best, I just need to be the best me. Lennik confided in The Angel Egg, content to stay a moment longer, even as the egg chased another away. He looked after the young man with a sort of startled expression. Goodness, was this little egg full of righteous fury that he'd somehow been well enough off to not bring down upon himself?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:14 pm
Farensil had been towards the back of the line, taking pains to ensure that she quelled her fears about this clutching. The last one had left her with a mild distaste for those of the medicinal profession, and given her some time afterwards to wallow in her chores and finally distract herself from the whole... being passed over thing.

She kept telling herself it would happen! Surely, it would happen!

Well, here's another chance! The thought left her excited, and she had now to quell her bouncing eagerness, as she started to step aboard the sands. This part was familiar, of course. She smiled up at the gold and her rider, and the apparent clutch-father... and respective rider, of course. A soft bow followed. "Thank you for opening your sands to allow us to meet your flight and your eggs." She hummed, then moved along, knowing that, despite being towards the back, she may not be the last.

With trainedly careful steps, the lanky girl moved among the eggs, wondering why now, of all times, her arm had to feel stiff as an unoiled hide. She flexed it along her side as she moved to one of the eggs, hoping not to horn in on anyone else's time too heavily. She made her way carefully to the moderately-sized Hellhound and bent gingerly to settle the flat of her palm against that silky-smooth shell. "Hello." She hummed, following the simple word with a soft tune ringing through her mind; a song of welcome and comfort. "You're so vibrant and pretty. I'm excited for when you'll be ready to come about."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Nilah44

Goblin Egg

Yes! The egg was ready to hatch right here and now! Maybe if Varinia tipped its shell just so it could join in on the fun. Oh, give it a good shove, eh? Come on, it just wanted to have fun with everyone else.

tatterpixie

Djinn Egg

It did like being pawed at. A deep grin seemed to form below that shell, although that was quite impossible. Why don't you find out? it seemed to ask, beckoning Phayton just a bit closer.

Hattaki

Angel Egg

As quickly as the Angel's anger had arisen, so too it submerged. Instantly aware that it had alarmed Amra, the egg regarded her with a careful eye. Had she been wounded? It had not meant to hurt her. She might be made of mischief, but she was not malevolent, not like... others. Indeed, it did not care to brag of the shell that was merely its home, for that was the doing of its parents. Not the egg. It would, however, certainly appreciate the dedication required to make a dragonet shine, no doubt.

Teiha

Vampire Egg

An illusory brow seemed to raise as Joshala spoke to the egg. Indeed, it was full of potential. How kind of her to take note. Mm. What might she want of the Vampire?

~Kiana_Nala~

Gargoyle Egg

How lovely. It had not expected Kambri to keep his word, although it did seem pleased. That it might have to wait for the tale did not disappoint it. It was quite capable of waiting. And it did like the cuddles that it was getting from him. A shame that he had to leave.

ShinosBee

Gargoyle Egg

No matter. It was not one to hold a grudge, and certainly she had been kind enough to it. It didn't mind, terribly, that she had been intrigued by its sibling, but was grateful still for the apology. Also, what was a fish?

Vampire Egg

If his heart wasn't in this, perhaps he might step aside and let others grace its egg. For indeed, the Vampire had no interest in half-hearted attempts. Still... it did approve of his implied apology. Do find something else to occupy yourself with, if you are quite so bored.

demon_pachabel

Angel Egg

The egg was not full of righteous fury. Not at him. He had not acted inappropriately, or offended the egg. And it was quite true that one should be the best of themselves. Trying to be the best was an exercise in both pride and futility, and surely Lennik was better than that. Yes, being his best self would do.

Ruhane Chiisai

Hellhound Egg

Oh. Was it... pretty? It had never considered that before. It had so many siblings that it must guard. They were all surely beautiful. It didn't know what to think about most Candidates, it seemed, but Farensil was frightened, and that drew a protectiveness from the egg that seemed to suffuse the girl.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 pm
He didn't particularly need to be there, he wasn't a candidate. At least, not as far as he was concerned. But Norathoman felt a draw, regardless, to the eggs. He told himself it was the excitement, the ability to see happy faces as the candidates touched the eggs and felt the life within their shells stir. He smiled as he stood near the entrance of the cavern, arms crossed as he watched. He contemplated joining them, but decided that, perhaps, he wouldn't. He wasn't a candidate anymore, after all. Surely he was too old now.

The healer thought back to when he'd been Searched by High Reaches, still a young lad with bright eyes and just ready to do some healing on his own without his mother's watchful eye. He'd been so eager to go, to do his mother and little brother proud. Him, a dragon rider! But then the Turns had dragged by, and no hatchling came his way. When he'd been sent to Western, his hopes had risen again, only to peter out into nothing. And now, here he was, feeling too old to be there, despite at least one person being about his age. Where had his hope gone to?

Drawing in a breath, Nora tampered down his emotions. He had to be happy for these people, who still had a chance. And he'd be there, to patch them back up when they got clawed by an eager baby dragon, along with the other healers of the Weyr.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm
"You didn't hurt me lovely, but I do look forward to seeing your beautiful form someday and I'm sure they'll take excellent care of you." Amra took care to see that she left no print on the beautiful shell as she departed, a feeling of calm having settled over her at last.

Finally she understood how a Touching was meant to go, how she was meant to meet each egg and offer up a piece of herself. Maybe even learn what they were all about. Surely the eggs could see something in each of the candidates that they didn't even see in themselves. At least not entirely.

Turning to take in the entire area, Amra's mind filed away images of what was happening around her. Who was standing near what egg, the faces of the High Reaches Candidates, Vimiath and Blundarth watching over the proceedings with a mix of experience and excitement. She took it all in and dumped it into her mind, sure that she would have to spend nearly an hour organizing tonight. The information was valuable, what she could learn might help her. Might bring an understanding to her next chance if this one passed her by.

Closing her eyes to shut off the overactive part of her brain, the girl opened them again and found herself staring at a dark blue egg she had seen no one around. The Banshee was quiet when she put her hand on it, questions in her mind.

"Are you lonely, or are you watching everything to learn?" Amra whispered to it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 pm
Farensil blinked and smiled at the comforting feeling of the egg wanting to protect her from her own insecurities. "You are so sweet. I really am excited to see you and your siblings in all their glory." She bent low and pressed her forehead to the egg. "I can only imagine how extravagant you all will be, until you're ready to show off those beautiful hides." She hummed and stood. "I will be careful with your siblings, and keep an eye out for you when you're all ready to hatch."

She smiled, revelling in that wonderful feeling of connecting something on such a deep level. It was beautiful every time. She glanced about at the others for a moment, peering through the maze of eggs patiently. Finally, she decided to stick with the easiest option and shifted sideways some to make sure she was out of the way as she bent to trace the rainbow pattern on the Siren's shell as though they were hieroglyphs in a long-abandoned cave dwelling. The colors' multitudes made her smile, thinking of the soft rainbow in the evening after a soft rain had fallen.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Hattaki

Banshee Egg

An aching burst of loneliness so powerful that it might well bring a grown man to his knees sped out from the Banshee, who could not keep the feeling tucked away. There was something more beneath that shell, also, and that was a terrible understanding that someday soon, someone it loved was going to die. It... it just knew. Someone died every day, didn't she know? Oh, it was awful. Awful! The most tragic thing in the world, and there was nothing that Banshee could do to stop it! The egg gave a keen, eerily similar to that of a dragon mourning another's passing.

Ruhane Chiisai

Siren Egg

What a lovely girl! The Siren was pleased as punch to make her acquaintance. Come now, dear, sit. Bask in the Siren's beauty, for it was a gorgeous egg, was it not? Take a moment to rest beside it, and give it the attention it so richly deserves.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 pm
Jailla hurried to the Djinn egg, once she spotted Phayton. She had lagged a little, lingering between eggs but not quite daring to touch any of them, yet. She took Phayton's hand.

"What happens when you touch them?" She asked. Did they say anything? ...She wanted to try. She pressed a hand against Djinn's shell. "Hello," she said. "I'm Jailla. Nice to meet you."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:55 pm
Mx Cherie

The Mummy
Kellan would get a long look from the egg. Hmph. At least this Candidate was of better stock than the child sent its way earlier. At least he wasn't asking it stupid questions -- how good of him. Now carry along and leave it be.

Ryala

The Wraith
Once again, it would take a moment for the Wraith to respond. Hmm? Oh, yes, thank you. Good of you to-- And without finishing the thought, the Wraith would drift away once more.

ShinosBee

The Demon
Dolmar's touch and his thoughts would be regarded. Oh-ho! Whatever have we here? There as a budding amusement within the egg, and a warmth that is perhaps too tender. There is power in the egg, and it feeds it into Dolmar. Well then, child, tell me what makes you so certain I have any need of you? Tell me what you might offer an egg such myself. Tell me your secrets, and maybe, I'll tell you mine.

demon_pachabel

The Mummy
Mmm, well, perhaps there's hope for this day yet. The egg would regard Martirae for a moment before giving the equivalent of a dismissive wave. She can move along now -- the Mummy has seen enough. Ta ta.

Thaliawen

The Demon
Oh, and who might you be? Marinel. The Demon would regard the other with a cordial nod. And what might you bring the Demon? What are your secrets, and what use might you be to the Demon? Do stay and tell -- this egg wants to know more.

Nilah44

The Werewolf
Is that a good thing? What's a moon? What's your shell look like? Oh, do stay! Tell it more, more, more, more!! The egg would wriggle and jiggle, all but pulsing with pleasure.

magnadearel

The Hunter
The Hunter would stare down Rinis and offer assurance. There is no need o hope for the best around the Hunter. It is not a bad egg -- not like some out there. Protect who you can, and the Hunter will protect you. Be safe, be strong, and be good.

Smerdle

The Demon
Ah, another one. Why yes, it does seem to have attracted quite the crowd -- but fear not, it has time enough or everyone. And what of him, hmm? Are you popular? Do many swoon over your touch or listen when you speak? Are you a man of power and worth or are you struggling to find your way?

ChaosTheories

The Hunter
The Hunter would turn to Jagamund, before recoiling in disgust. This egg has not time for the likes of you! How dare you taint its egg. No, this Candidate will find no kindness or welcome here!

SilverLutz

The Werewolf
Hello to you too!! Wow! So many people, so many hands, this is just brilliant as far as the Werewolf is concerned! This egg is still full of excitement and pleasure, and it would wrap around Venn like a warm blanket. It is the most exciting! Be excited!! EXCITE!!!!!!!! It was almost a command, as the egg continued its excited twitching.

Teiha

The Demon
Oh, do not look so distraught, child. Not all the eggs here are the most courteous -- but you've come to the right egg. Warmth and power and confidence would flow from the egg, sharing such feelings with the other. Rest upon the Demon for a spell, until your spirits are restored. Tell me, what plans have you? What makes you interesting? The Demon has met many a unique soul, but would like to know what sets Farinalgo apart. What are your dreams and desires? This day isn't about me...but you.

~Kiana_Nala~

The Mummy
Or maybe, this egg doesn't care. Honestly, nobody ever asked it if it agreed to such treatment. So do be a dear and hurry along to harass someone else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:02 pm
Farensil blinked and couldn't help but smile at the egg. She felt... invited, almost, as though some highborn had called her to their livingspace just to sup and have tea with her! As she started to tuck her legs up under her, the hot sands reminded her of more... present, royalty. She gave a wry smile and chuckled, stroking the egg gently.

"Would that I could, but I do not wish to upset your mother." She hummed. "There was a bit of a upset at the last hatching I attended caused by such a thing." She had started to rise and paused, shrugging and settling her legs beneath her anyways, hunkering into as comfortable a position as she could manage atop the burning sands. "Another moment or two couldn't hurt, I suppose." She smiled, letting her mind wander over some other lovely scenery she had seen. "I will move on in a moment."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:05 pm
Venn felt the egg vibrating beneath his hand with excitement and the delight that enveloped him made him laugh softly. This was one delighted dragon to be sure! He had a feeling this would be one of the first, if not the first egg to hatch when the time came.

"It is quite exciting, isn't it?" he said to the egg, giving it a gentle pat so as not to dislodge it from its place in the sand. It had made it's little hole a bit bigger with all the shaking it was doing, so Venn quickly push a bit more around the base of the egg to ensure it didn't tip at all before standing again. He gave the egg fond farewell vibes before heading on to another egg. This one was tucked away behind a larger egg, hidden from view from the front. He crouched beside the Mummy Egg, pressing a hand to the deep, rich shell. Already the feelings from this egg were about the polar opposite of the one he had just visited, but he gave it the same warm, positive greeting that he had given all the others.

"Quite a lot going on, hm?" he hummed softly to the egg. "It'll calm down soon, not to worry."  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff