Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[ORP - Firekin] The Desert Comes to Visit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:26 am
Faruk passed a concern look to Zlatan, a small frown appearing. Perhaps he shouldn’t have taken him along… Maybe this was too much for this brother. But then, that made it easier for Faruk. It was easier to keep Zlatan by his side, safer to keep Zlatan by his side. It’s the siblings who like to run around, talking to everyone… his eyes strayed to Vedrina, grimacing. No, it would have been best if Vedrina stayed at home. But then, there was no telling what trouble may crop up. Too friendly. Too trusting.

His eyes went back to Zlatan, moving closer and nudging him lightly with his shoulder. ”I won’t let anything or anyone hurt you,” he vowed softly. ”Not any of you.” Well, only his family. He really didn’t care for anyone else as much. Maybe Arkaidia… although, he had a suspicion that she could take care of herself.

He really didn’t know how he’ll keep his vow. How would he be able to take on these massive, battle trained lions? Sudden nausea came over him at the thought. He didn’t know how but he would do his best, to hell with the consequences.

This sudden visit has made Faruk realize something, however; he was sure that he couldn’t protect his family thoroughly by just being a hunter. He needed training. He needed a position to know the going-ons in the pride. But, unfortunately, his class limited him. Frustration began to fill him. ”I’ll protect you,” he murmured under his breath, meant towards his siblings. It was a quiet, desperate attempt to deny the glaring facts.

Belloblossom

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 am
User Image Jinamizi'Mwezi had just settled into her new moon eye'd pride when these visitors had come and she...wasn't really sure of what to make of them. The sight of their blood red hides and their bulky forms made her perk an eye to be sure, as well as how many of the Mwezi' had actually turned out. Jina included.
As a guard, her formal duty was to defend in case a fight broke out - which she was unsure of given these visitors - but it gave her a chance to meet more of the pride and spot out distinctive figures here and there.

One of which tilted her head as she stepped up to oversee the visitors quietly whilst also keeping an eye on this male just as dark pelted as her, he looked a bit...downtrodden, odd.

"There are many." She commented in an idle manner in some attempt to spark a conversation, socializing was never her strong suit.

Syrius Lionwing

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:03 am
oo DeD

It really was him!

She had not seen any of her family in years! Since dispersal of the pride from the mountains really. And now, here her brother was, right in front of her, one of the visitors from the strange land.

"What? Where...? How have you been?" Being called by her former name did not bother her. She'd correct him later, it was no important at this time. When his head rested on her shoulder, she purred contently. "We've been here for a little bit now. We were looking for a new home. We finally found one that fit." She used the term we collectively, referencing the male behind her. "I never thought I'd see you or any of the family again."

Poor Maisha. He was confused as ever. "Navu?" He asked quietly, the questioning tone in his voice.

"Oh..Hati, this is Awali'maisha-pya," she introduced. "Maisha, this is my brother, Hati."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 am
Distracted as he was with gazing about at all of the mingling, he hadn't realized he was being approached. So when the two lionesses began speaking, Harakhty jumped and swiveled his head around to face them, his fur puffing out. He gave a subtle shake to soothe himself back down, before clearing his throat and responding back.

"Oh, I just find it easier to keep an eye on things from here." He tilted his head to the side, observing them for a moment. They certainly were an interesting looking duo. The blue especially was a stark contrast to all of the red.

Humming back, he tried to give back a friendly smile, albeit tentatively. "My name is Harakhty."

He took a glance back at the conversing lions around them, and then looked back. "How has your travels been treating you? I hope it hasn't been too taxing."

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It was getting harder to keep up with their children now that they were adventurous young adolescents, Stela had to admit. She relied greatly on their older half-siblings to keep an eye on them. Perhaps it had also calmed some of her own youthful energy, but if she knew one thing it was that the arrival of the red giants would certainly attract their attention. She was greatly releived when she spotted Zlatan, Vedrina, and Faruk.

"Thank you, Faruk" she sighed with relief, and gave the two 'little ones' a nuzzle before glancing their warm-hued visitors.

Oh my~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It was Astrith that came with the ghostly Utvara gliding along after him, elegant on her paws, while Astrith seemed to sink a bit, wary and guarded. Utvara neeeeded attention. Astrith really wished she hadn't been so interested in being seen.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 am
Oh, mother was there. A sense of relief washed over Faruk, followed by alertness. He really did wish he had more eyes. More selves would have been great as well; just attach himself to each family member, whether they were here or somewhere else. But he very well couldn’t do that.

”What do you think of this, mother?” Faruk asked, nodding his head in the direction of the big, red lions.

And then, another sibling caught his eyes. Utvara. Faruk was in a conundrum. She was over there. But he couldn’t very well leave Zlatan on his own. And he certainly couldn’t leave Vedrina to her own devices. However, his tension was relieved once he saw his older half-brother. Astrith was a guard. He had proper training. And he was with Utvara. Faruk could relax.

Well, as much as one could being as suspicious as he was, surrounded by big lions that could easily tear him limb to limb while making a vow he wasn’t sure he could keep.

- Mynsed -

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 pm
"I'm not sure," Stela replied, "I've only ever seen one lion that could rival these in size, and he was the colors of the swamp, and covered in scars. But he was a caring giant, and these do not seem to come baring ill intent."

It did seem a few other pride members knew some of these visitors? Or at least recognized family markings. It made her relax a bit, and she sat down, curling her tail around her.

"I think some may have relatives here," she smiled.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:47 pm
The education process had begun and Ukulwa was listening intently, ears perked forward and eyes on the lioness. "Well tradition is something we are familiar with." She gave a large toothy grin. "Although, none of it removes members from the pride. Isn't that a little harsh? Just because of their pelt they have to leave." Her ears turned back and she glimpsed around at the stark difference between the Mwezi pride members and the foreigners. "Do they go somewhere specific? Or are they just left to fend for themselves in the wild?" Her tone was relaxed and curious, even if her question was interrogative. "Would they leave as adults?" She gasped softly as she realized, what if they were sending little ones out? Was there someone to greet them as they left the only home they had known? Ukulwa wasn't sure whether to be outraged by the act or simply saddened.

Easing herself back down after such a hot topic she exhaled slowly.

"Ewww, well I'm lucky I talked to you then. If I ever get the chance to see it for myself I'll have to remember that." Her nose wrinkled and she laughed. "Did you get a chance to swim?" Her eyes widened again, but this time in an eagerness to hear the outcome of what had happened.

"I cannot believe that your family were rogues once. With your size you would think that you were made for the, what did you say, Firekin?" Ukulwa said the prides name as though she were taste testing it. "I have two brothers, one of which just expanded our family with nieces and nephews." Clearly a proud aunt she began to sit up a little more straight. "Two of them are just over there actually." Lifting a paw she pointed out the pair of pink and black adolescents caught up in a whirlwind of conversation.

"They're trouble, but they're cute." She chuckled warmly. "That goes both way, except you're right. It is hard to tell - I mean most of the royals and long term families have distinct colors, but really, if you weren't a member before then you probably wouldn't be familiar with them." She admitted with a shrug. "Oh! I see my mate over there." She smiled in Jitu's direction and waved a paw at him to join them. "His name is Jitu, he'll be so pleased to meet you." She hoped.

SyriusLionwing

mouselet

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:17 pm
Quote:

User Image
Sjena had come to witness the arrival of these "Firekin" with her family and looked at her mother with curiosity, then back to the foreigners. Relatives? Really? Save for gold and a sister with ruby-red markings, she and her siblings were mostly cool colors, sharply contrasted, it seemed, with these fiery lions and lionesses. But Stela would know better than she did about such matters.

Tonberry Queen X

Quote:
User Image
The ex-Stormborn had not been calling the Mwezi'johari his home for very long before these strangers showed up at their doorstep. The lion found himself almost in a frustrated mood. He had so many new names and faces to learn in the new pride that this would surely set him back at least a week. He knew he could somewhat rely on coloration to identify the strangers but it wasn't a sure thing. He tried to wipe the scowl from his face but occasionally caught himself making it now and again. His curiosity had gotten the better of him, though, and truly he was interested in seeing how things would develop, so he'd still come to watch.

Quote:
User Image
The Firekin lioness tried not to gawk at the moon lions. They'd been traveling long enough that she'd seen all colors of coats, but this was quite the gathering of blue-grays and purples and the like. The large, intensely red lioness stuck out like a sore thumb but she wasn't really self-conscious. She knew they were just as curious about her as she was about them. But she tried not to get distracted by idle chit chat. They were here for diplomacy!! ...But it was a little hard to help herself from listening keenly to whatever bits of conversation drifted over to her on the breeze.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:09 pm
AstoriaFallen

Quiyue eyed the other male lion cautiously, and for a moment it was difficult to discern if Quiyue was joking with him or seriously concerned about the lion's suddenly announced heritage. Considering Buyisiwe was a newer member of the pride and with the Firekin here, Quiyue felt like he was allowed to express some amount of caution.

Truthfully, though, he didn't think too much of the connection. "You're not very red," Quiyue gestured to his friend with a teasing expression on his face. "You're coat is far more suited for us, anyways."

"If my colors match so nice, perhaps I should extend friendly relations to our visitors." Mulika looked from Quiyue to Buyisiwe. It was definitely a bold statement, but Mulika had only said it to make her companions squirm a little bit. Quiyue was in the middle of a heart attack, and that was the reaction she was hoping to garner from them. It was so far out of her nature that it was clearly a joke - she was just really bad at delivering it.

"Don't you dare! I will die on the spot, Mulika."

She rolled her eyes, "I won't. I do think however we should try to talk to some of them soon and figure out exactly what they want." It wasn't really her place to. She would have to leave it to Hodari and some of the more privileged members of the pride.  

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm
Krysin

He laughed. "No, no I am not." He took his mothers coloring mostly and some of his dads. "A few of my siblings were very red though." He commented and then looked about the pride once more.

He was glad he was part of this pride and hadn't gone somewhere else. He knew Nkon as well, though he was a tad older than the male given he was still growing into his mane. But he had gone with the other group to the Tianxia.

He nearly choked on his words at her suddenly brash comment and he laughed. "I'd actually like to see that conversation happen. I could ONLY imagine how that might go." He shook his head.

"I think we should too. If anything could go support Hodari....." the poor female was looking a little confused.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 pm
MangoMeow
]

The two females just watched him curiously. Tera was still all grins while Sek was more solemn with her expression.

Sek had to agree about his view as to why he stood out to the side like this but at the same time she liked to get in there and show that she meant business most of the time.

"It's nice to meet you Hara." Said Tera taking a seat. "What do you think of us being here? I hope we're not too overwhelming."

Sek could never understand why she was so concerned about others but it was who she was. "It's been quite relaxing almost. I've liked the trip." Sek added.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:57 pm
"You would be surprised, I can be rather charming," Mulika promised. Suddenly, the gold lioness stood up and stretched her legs out in front of her. The stiffness in some of her joints eased - that was what she got for laying around for too long. Beside her, Quiyue showed absolutely zero interest in getting up with her. She wouldn't force her friend up, but she assumed he would rather follow her lead than get left behind.

"Please, I've seen you flirt before and you're terrible at it," Quiyue grumbled. Stubbornly he flopped over onto his side, removing to budge from his position of 'safety' even as Mulika threatened to leave. He doubted she would be so bold, especially since she had been comfortable enough staying a ways back from the 'meet and greet' between Firekin and Mwezi.

"We should just do something. I am done laying about and keeping you company when you've done nothing but tease me." Her words were not the least bit harsh - rather she was grasping at straws for an excuse to get to investigating some of the newcomers.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 pm
Well, a command from his beloved was something he should obey, even if he had no idea what she was talking about with the big red and white lioness. So Jitu came over in obedience to Ukulwa's waving paw. Nodding politely to the stranger, he offered his mate a smile.

"You wanted me for something?" Well, he hoped she did. He was rather...awkward at these types of gatherings. Not the best conversationalist or the most interesting fellow, unfortunately. It was one of those areas where Ukulwa was his better half in every way.

Ctrl F Greenie

Syrius Lionwing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huozin blinked some more as he considered the black lioness. She seemed to be utterly serious, but her words were insane. Did she not know anything about the Motoujamii? If not, the Hunter didn't think it was his place to give her an extensive history lesson. Or perhaps because the Mwezi'Johari placed such an emphasis on religion, she attributed the trait to every other pride. He honestly didn't know.

"No, gods are for the weak, who cannot stand on their own four feet," he replied instead, parroting a line he'd heard long ago. It sounded fine and worked for his argument in this case.

"And were I you, I would avoid talking about gods to any other Firekin," Huozin advised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lioness snorted at the stranger's rhythmic response. He was quick with his wits, that was for certain, but a godless lion was going to find himself easily lost. And his whole pride with him.

"So speaks a lion who is afraid to admit that he's mortal," she challenged him, taking a step closer. "And who is afraid to be ridiculed by his fellows." Oh, Nyeusi knew how her own pride had viewed her. How some still saw her, actually. But that was the difference. She didn't care what they thought. She knew what was right, what was wrong, and no force on this earth could keep her from speaking out.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:12 pm
When Faruk proved himself to be unenthusiastic about her endeavor to make friends and her skittish brother, Zlatan chose to stick by his side, she waved her tail at them.

"Enough of your doubtful attitudes!" She huffed. "If you two don't want to make friends, then I will make friends for you." She said and was starting to turn away when she saw her mother approach. Straightening up, she rubbed her cheek against Stela's, before moving away from her siblings.

She was passing another sister, Sjena and smiling at her pleasantly, before she walked straight up to a bright red lioness. She was mostly red, with some white on her chest and paws, but what most enamored her was the markings around her eyes, all swirls and speckles.
"Hello there!" She greeted the lioness. "My name is Vedrina and I love your eye-swirlies!" She smiled. "What's your name?"

- Mynsed -

Puhterodactyl
Vedrina is addressing Jahina. owo

Tonberry Queen X

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items