Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:48 pm
Zelaya - They/Them/She/Her

And here they came...! A strapping bronze split shell first, and Zelaya felt a little rush of joy, almost wanting to applaud the traditional omen of good fortune. The shining fellow wasn't alone long though, and in moments it seemed, a blue and a second bronze had joined the goings on! The blue seemed quite rambunctious... though they kept a watchful eye when his mood seemed to sour, and he went stomping up to two of the other candidates. Whatever had happened... hopefully it would smooth over. He was a lovely blue, after all, they all were lovely so far—and any candidate would have been lucky to be picked by any of them. Of course, the odds were not in their favor for being picked by any of the three (bronzes were certainly out, and blues still often seemed to pick boys over girls, after all), but that didn't change a whit of their interest in them. They were beautiful, noble beings, taking their first steps, and worth all due attention and focus.

They looked away from the blue long enough to give a soft smile to the creeling bronze, trying to think encouragingly, welcomingly, even if he wasn't for them. Someone here would be beyond happy to meet him, sweet little thing that he seemed to be. Come along then, you can do it!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:50 pm
Oh this wouldn't do.

Come now, Aubergine Bronze, now seemingly the least interesting thing to their blue brother moved over to Cloudy Skies with a supportive croon, stretching his neck out to touch his nose to his brother's cheek.

---

Teal and Blue Spiral egg gave a small wiggle, rolling in their wallow before settling with what seemed to be a small huff.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:58 pm

Fianth had been settled on a ledge, eyes a bright blue-purple as she hummed greeting to the littles below. She sent Mictecath nothing but warmth, love, and pride. Congratulations, dear heart. You've done well and made High Reaches proud. They all are little darlings. And weren't they just? Already there were two bronzes on the Sands, as well as a rambunctious blue. Such sweet grand babies, and of such a fine lineage, too.

How very blessed the Weyr had been. Anakumath and Elzebuth's darlings had rung in the new Turn, followed by Banshideth and Balizarth's brood. And now there was sweet Mictecath and Iweth's, each one a sight to behold. Her hearts were happy, and she could not help but be pleased.

It was a bittersweet moment, but ever so important for the young hatchlings. This was the last moments of Mictecath on the Sands--but a new dawn for each, precious Hatchling.

Eveleth was on her perch, as was her right. Her eyes whirled a content bright green, though now and then hues of purple could be seen near the edges. She sat proudly, watching each egg Hatch, humming along with the rest of those in her Weyr. It was an important day for both the eggs and Mictecath. Eveleth herself was not often overly attached of affected, but she was still a dragon, and the little ones represented hope and a bright future.

She was particularly pleased Western Weyr and its Candidates weren't present. This was a time of intimate celebration for the native Candidates, and one High Reaches would enjoy. Anakumath and Mictecath had come into their own with successful first clutches-- and this pleased the queen, greatly.

Sweet Symmetry
Some Mom love and vague grandma acknowledgment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:59 pm
Nisadee - she/her

Though she'd be loathe to ever admit it, even to herself, Nisadee did appreciate Razanel's familiar company. She just knew better than to get attached to anyone, when sooner or later, for some reason or another, they'd leave or else be done with her. Counting on people past a certain point was only inviting disappointment. Still, Razanel was pleasant, enjoyable company, settled comfortably within the spectrum of personalities she found agreeable. She certainly appreciated that, while he did come over to chat, he wasn't crowding especially close or bouncing with excitement...or worse, gushing. She got it, sure, the hatchlings were amazing, but some people really needed to learn to keep themselves a bit more together.

"Mm," she agreed with his assessment of the blue, paying less mind to the bronzes for obvious reasons. Though the one did greet them all, so she sent a polite little 'Hello' back for Cloudy Skies. "Either they're friends, or he's full of it, grabbing a bronze's tail like that."

It was hard to tell, but he soon went off elsewhere, leaving the truth a mystery for now. For her part, her attention shifted to the Purple and Grey Space egg, and the yellow-orange eye peeking through the hole. But no, she uh...realy ought to keep her attention on Green Spotted and what it was up to.

Uta

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:59 pm
Izaryel
Izaryel listened to his sister, and gave a small, rueful grin. "I don't know," he confessed at her query. "I'd like to--" But he stopped as soon a blue came bounding over, eyes a mix of red-orange. While it wasn't always easy to remember what the colors meant, he knew red was not a good color--not at all.

They had been trained that Candidacy could mean injury, or even death. It wasn't uncommon for dragonets to act out, and while he thought it would be easy to keep from upsetting them, now that they were moving among the throng, he wasn't so sure. Still, he tensed as the Blue Spotted Green approached, taking a moment to pull Tyara partially back behind him. The voice that he heard sounded cross and none too pleased.

Eyes going wide, and cheeks flushing red, Izaryel honestly was baffled. To be so called out, he felt his stomach drop, and shame well up in him. "I don't think that all," he hastily tried to explain. He honestly didn't know where the blue was getting that assessment, since he certainly hadn't said anything. He might have been vain about his appearance, but he didn't expect it to matter whatever color dragon he was destined for. If he was destined for one at all.

"You're a very stunning fellow! Anyone would be lucky to have you," he tried hard to reassure, feeling very called out. Surely, everyone in the Cavern was looking at him--or looking at them. Was this right? Were they going to get in trouble? His first interaction with a dragon, for his very first Hatching, and somehow, he'd already messed up.

Meepfur
I don't have Izaryel signed up for the Hatching but he's good for injury if ... his groveling doesn't work. Or things go south. LOL

Dea and #Teddy#

Razanel
He was glad that Nisadee didn't seem to object to his company. She was a very pretty girl, and he liked their easy going arrangement. There was no term for it, and he was in no hurry to label it as anything more than good fun. They were both independent sorts, which he respected. "Looks like he's got other plans. Those eyes don't look none too cheerfl," he mused. But oh, wouldn't a blue be grand? His father had a blue, and Razanel wouldn't object to Impressing so fine a fellow!

That the two Candidates appeared to be getting dressed down did make him wince a bit in secondhand embarrassment. "Hope they don't upset him any further," he mused quietly. One wrong step was all it took.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Soui and White Museth

It was safe to say that Museth was beyond delighted to be there, at the hatching of her sister's clutch. It had been such an honor to be allowed among the eggs themselves, whenever Mictecath had called for her company, and now it was another honor to watch the lovely dears hatch and find their own lifemates.

For Soui, sometimes it still seemed like only a sevenday or so ago that she Impressed herself, yet it had been Turns and her dragon fully grown. They were proud fighters of Thread, members of a wing, and now delighted aunts (at least, Museth was) to wonderful dragonets. The arrival of a bronze, then another, and a blue onto the sands was wonderful and welcome.

"Oh, look - look. I can't believe Mic's really a mother." Museth rumbled with a soft, bell-like laugh at Soui's constant reaction. It had been like this off and on since the flight, and yet somehow never grew tiresome. "I hope we get to meet them."

Of course we will, Mine. The white crooned softly, and her eyes whirled the loving purple of always as she looked down at her wondrous nephews.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:33 pm
Tyara

Tyara was glad to see that aubergine bronze didn't seem too upset by his blue brother's pouncing on his tail, though sounded like maybe surprised. The little white tiger egg seemed to move some and crack, but she couldn't tell color from where she was. Then green vine seemed to shiver as its brother sniffed or nudged it, she wasn't exactly sure what to call it. She noticed Whren come over, nodding her head about them having another one. She listened as her brother began replying to her question, when the blue came over to them. Her brain went through what she remembered of eye color..red..yeah, wasn't good. She gulped lightly, it seemed the baby had caught her thought about her brother and the bronzes. Oh dear, she had not meant to upset any of the babies, cause she really thought they were all amazing. And she felt Izaryel slide her behind him, working on trying to appease the angry blue. She was scared, but she couldn't let her brother do this alone, so she carefully scooted out a little from behind him.

"I am sorry if I upset you, I do not think he is too handsome for you. Or for me either, if anything, I think you are too amazing for me. I have always found all dragons amazing, every time my family visited the Weyrs. You are a handsome baby,"Tyara told the blue truthfully and in a soft voice. There was nothing but respect for the baby in front of them.

Uta
Sorry brother!

Shaddaling

Meepfur
You are amazing, baby blue!

Samuel Carlin

Zaikt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:37 pm
Butterfly Wing Egg gave another jerk, and this time, a fine crack could be seen, running right down the middle. So close! Unfortunately, the egg stilled. That was sure a lot of work, and whoever was in side needed a breather. Unless of course...

Brothers! Surely you'll offer a claw and assist?

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Mollified by his brother's boop, the Cloudy Skies bronze nudged Aubergine Bronze's nose back, and then went to investigate Butterfly Wing Egg, which seemed to be a bit tired. With a friendly chirrup, he placed a delicate paw against its shell, and pushed. Surely that ought to do the trick?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:48 pm
((RIP))  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:49 pm
The call from its sibling was enough to rouse the Purple & Grey Space egg, and after another deliberate shudder, the egg shattered to reveal a blue dragon. He shook himself carefully, sending egg goop and shell scattering every which way before making his way towards the Butterfly Wing egg. He did pause to eye the Cloudy Skies bronze for a moment, crooning softly before fixing his full attention upon his sibling's egg. Carefully, he raked his foreclaws against the shell, applying just enough force to help break the egg.

Mr Cheri

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:54 pm
Whren

Ooh and a blue was moving towards them. Whren watched the hatchling a slight level of concern as it seem to have a mission of some sort... ahh. He had done similar things before so he wasn't going to judge a stray thought. The blue was beautiful. The bronzes were cute in their care for each other. He wasn't' sure if one would be his and ooh, was something going on with one of the eggs?

He kept an eye on the blue and looked every so often at the butterfly egg... it looked like the hatchlings were going to crack it for the hatchling inside.

Dea and #Teddy#

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:58 pm
ISHA

An egg needing help hatching was usually a sign of a white dragon, right? At least that was what Isha recalled as she watched a blue dragonet move towards and actually claw an egg. No one seemed distressed (outwardly) and the blue was helping, right? It was interesting to watch and see, and...

Wait, were there only bronzes and blues out on the sands right now? That was actually pretty interesting too - something certainly to write down later. Another illustrated page in her documentation of this hatching maybe?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:05 pm
Tex She/Her

Shifting from foot to foot as the sands beneath her sandals grew hotter. Her eyes stayed on th eggs, watching for any movement when she heard someone speak to her. Turning her head to look over at Rosa, Tex smiled at her before looking back at the eggs. "I spoke to the White Tiger Striped egg the most. Did you have a preference? If you impress are you hoping for a certain color?"

A loud crack had Texiar turn her head to look at the Aubergine egg as it cracked in half and a bronze was seen. The dragonet was beautiful and looked so proud but she knew he wasn't for her. There were a couple of more cracks and Texiar noticed the blue and bronze that were on the sands now. She was pointing the blue out to Rosa when she saw that White Tiger egg had cracked and the woman held her breath, waiting to see what dragonet was inside, but the baby didn't emerge as she let the breath out slowly.

Sweet Symmetry
Sorry for the late reply.

-------------------------------------------

Dextelia

The young girl's eyes moved from each egg as they began to hatch, watching as the dragonets emerged from their shells. There was excitement to meet these new young ones even if she wasn't going to be chosen by any of them.

--------------------------------------------

L'ius and Blue Tierth

Landing upon the heights Tierth let out a trumpeting call of joy at the events that were taking place. The babies were here! They were coming into this world! Oh the prospect of new family members excited the blue so much. The emotion was spilling over towards L'ius as he moved through the stands to find a place to sit. Blue eyes scanned all of the candidates searching for where Zelaya was standing.

I see them over there! I'll send them a message and your love!

Tierth's words had L'ius pause as he lifted his head to see where the light blue was seated. "Love? Wait Tierth!" He knew the blue was already reaching out to their friend and all he could do now was sit and wait, as well as hope they stayed safe and were able to find theirs.

Tierth's eyes were whirling a very happy blue as he reached out to Zelaya. Zelaya! L'ius and I are so excited for you! I hope you are able to find yours in this clutch!

Shinos Bee
Friend!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:09 pm

Thankfully, not one, but two brothers came to the rescue, and Butterfly Wing Egg was nothing but pleased. One of them had even hatched to come to its rescue--my, my, my, how heroic! The egg brimmed with pleasure, and between both brothers ministrations, the egg finally cracked fully. Shattering down the center, the egg revealed a shining metallic queen.

How good of you to come to my aid. The queen's eyes whirled a bright green-blue, though she was in no rush to leave. She hadn't actually needed the help--but it was nice her clutchmates had been so obliging. It had saved her from needing to get her claws dirty, after all.

Leaning forward, she offered the Purple & grey Space Blue a thrum and a small boop, before rubbing her cheek lovingly against Cloudy Skies Bronze. Yes, a bronze should be at her beck and call, after all--not to mention all her chromatic siblings.

She did turn her neck just so, and looked fondly up at Mictecath, who was nearby. Wasn't she just perfect?

.... She'd wait for all the ooh-ing and ahh-ing to commence, not just from Mama, but from the crowd. It was her due, after all.

Sweet Symmetry

Tsunake
Thank you, peon! <3

Mr Cheri
Thank you, knight errant! <3

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items