Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM1 - A Snagem Siesta in Paldea [Complete/Free Posting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:47 pm
SubonicXP

Aile nodded as Sub explained why he was comfortable with taking the vacation, relaxing a little bit. At least the trio accomplished something good for the team when they ran off without telling anyone. When Sub asked her about Paldea, however, she leaned back, thinking. “Hm. Let’s see… Maybe when we were on a cruise ship when I was a kid. The older I got, the fewer vacations we took. Or, at least I took.” Her gaze of annoyance and slight venom would be directed at a blank spot on the floor before she took a deep breath and simmered back down. “Let’s see… any other times… Oh, one time we stayed a few days in Porto Marinada. I think I was… ten, at the time? But I’m not terribly familiar with the overall region. Even if I had seen the whole region at that time, that’d be about…. Almost twenty years or so? And no, there was not a lack of money growing up. Other things, maybe, but not money.” With a shrug and a sigh, she sat forward, looking at her boss. “How about you? How much might you know about Paldea?”  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:59 pm
I got down on my knees so I could hug Ulla properly. "It's been a while. A lot has happened," I said happily. 'i'm really glad to see you."

"Ulla! Keiko cheered once she got to where we were and saw the Fairy Channeler in my arms. When I heard Keiko's voice, I let Ulla know, knowing full well how much my wife would want to hug her adoptive daughter. I decided to wait until she'd had her fill before I started filling Ulla in on what had happen while she was gone.

~*~

Absinthe looked at Leslie out of curiosity, not recognizing her voice at first. Then she shrugged. "You're not wrong," Abby admitted. "I was just thinkin' with how fancy this place is that I should try to work on as much of my body as I can. Legs ain't a bad starting point, though."

With that, Abby moved over to a machine and started doing squats.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:57 pm
MoniqueBrie

"I definitely remember always liking cute animals and pretty flowers..." Clare remarked absently. "It's good to know there's someone who knew what I was like there to say if I've changed any. It's reassuring." They stated with a smile a nod aimed more at themself than at Monique.

Reno Vantas

"That makes sense. Elesa says your look is your brand and you've got to brand yourself to make it big. That might just be modeling she's talking about, though?" The hybrid replied to Aria's explanation. "I'm still not entirely sure I'm up to it, though. It's a bit daunting." They didn't want to admit it was partly because they had no idea how to do video editing on their own. "That 'live streaming' idea might not be a bad idea but I think I'd need a bigger platform before it would do much good, huh?"

It was at that point that a voice would ring out from near the pool. "Hey... I know you! You're that new model with the Nimbasa Gym, aren't you! Uh... Clare. Clare Krystal. That's it!" It was a young woman with bright green hair pulled into a long, currently wet ponytail tied at the nape of her neck.

"Oh no... " Clare mumbled, lifting a glass-like hand to cover their face in an effort to hide behind it, though it did little good considering anyone who looked could see her face, though slightly distorted, right through the crystalline limb.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:22 pm
Ulla's ears perked up when she heard Keiko's voice. "That's mom!" She said as she listened to Ter for a moment then ran to Keiko with the biggest hug she could give. Leon and Kazu continued to watch on. "What an odd family" "Yes. But at least, she finally has parents of her own." Leon sighed of relief, as he was getting use to sensing more of Ulla's fairy presence then their mothers. He was only able to get the slightest hint of her, which was in her artifact, which grew more into instead of a hairpin. More of a half crown with a bunch more crystals on it.

Ulla listened to what Ter was saying, catching her up on everything she has missed while she was asleep. She was super happy that people were moving on with their lives. But, for some odd reason. She felt like, time just zipped on by. It doesn't feel that long ago. That she was sent to the Fairy Realm. She then snapped out of her thought process as Ter mentioned about their new baby. "I'm a big sister now?!" She said out loud as she felt the ship suddenly move. They were finally on the move. Ulla lost her balance as she tripped over her own hair that was touching the ground. "Maybe we should chop off your hair. Just a bit." Leon said as he helped Ulla up. "Where exactly are we going?" "A new region. Paldea." He said as Leon made a simple braid with his sister's hair so she wouldn't trip. He then tapped her on the shoulder as he gave her an old Pokeball. "...Is this an actual Pokeball?" "Yes. Make sure you take care of him."  

Cecile Silverstone

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:37 am
Reno Vantas

"You know," Aden couldn't help but smirk at Reno's apparent request. Psychic energy built up in his hands as he threw a punch into the hand he kept open, the impact seeing the energy flare briefly. Seeing his Reuniclus nearby, he was pretty sure the channeling partner would keep Reno safe enough. "Can't say I've had many ask me to punch them in the face. But if that's the gauge you've got in mind, well. Who am I to say no?"

Rushing headlong at Reno, Aden saw about throwing that first punch alright- a solid Psychic-infused right hook going for his jaw. Practiced as it was, there was bit less force that'd come than expected, a little hesitance there, a minute adjustment there. Even in the moment, he could tell it was still roughly as painted by Blizz's tutelage as ever, something he'd only recently been trying to fully shake.

---

Amaranth would listen to the others about Aria's apparent dealings, loading the apparent site in question on her SNAG to scroll through briefly, then looking at Aria's phone as she explained why the over-the-top-ness. "I... see..." She remarked with a little confusion, still not really understanding it. To her, it was more off-putting if anything.

"Would that count as having a big enough platform?" She asked only a moment later, right as Clare tried to cover their face in response to the voice speaking out. "Then again, running into someone that recognizes any of us is kind of another day now..."

SubonicXP

Espeon_Commander

"I mean, can't really flip someone off with a foot, so maybe don't lose that. The arm can be fancier about it," Cera quipped, narrowing her eyes after the remark about some apparent joyride in Ultra Space. "...suddenly, I think that was slightly my fault... um, lemme give context. The night after everything in the labyrinth, Aden checked up on me and when I was talking to him, said about a secluded village in Sinnoh I'd found once and thought they'd be able to help me if it was still around. I thought it was weird that he showed up not long after I did and finished only a few days later. I already figured out how he did it so fast, he did say it wasn't entirely his idea to come there too, but I guess that explains the 'why' about it. Or part of it."

Judging by Sub's tone, it was still a little bit of a sore topic but, considering the apparent trip and more Ultra Beasts, was pretty understandable. Probably a bit more to it too, she felt like it was a safe guess. "Considering the ripple effects, I'd imagine anyone involved would be a bit cross. Can't deny the results, but I wonder if there was a reason to do it the way they apparently did other than simply being told no."

At the question about Paldea, though, she shook her head, hand briefly to her mouth in thought. "Guess I might as well answer too, but I don't know much...? Nothing firsthand. I sometimes traveled away from the island when I felt like exploring beyond it, before being er, recruited. But I think the furthest away I went would've been maybe Sinnoh? Anything about Paldea, I would've heard from Sol in passing. Or from stray thoughts. Or it's the Girafarig thing, that one's come up a lot over the years."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:18 pm
Brian finished his meal, happy to have a full belly, then decided to walk around and explore. He never been on a cruise ship before, so this was a treat he likely wouldn't get a chance to have again for quite some time. That being said, he wanted to see what all the ship had to offer in terms of amenities and entertainment. When he came across a battlefield, he smiled. Perhaps it was time to train with his Pokemon a bit, so he let Lu out and faced her, taking a fighting stance. The Lucario recognized the stance he used against his mother's Lucario and knew he wanted to test her, to see how strong she was. She didn't utter a sound, instead taking a fighting stance of her own. The two sized each other up before Lu leaped forward while jabbing her right forepaw at Brian, who deftly dodged it. He and Lu were focused solely on each other, so they wouldn't pay any attention to any onlookers that decided to stop by and watch their sparring match.

--------------------------------

Amber loved the feel of the water in the pool. She'd always loved swimming, and this was no exception. While she didn't let her Pokemon out, on account of the other swimmers, she did make a silent promise that she would find a place for them to exercise and relax once they got to their destination. She could see several of her teammates not too far away, though she didn't join them just yet. She wanted to enjoy the water just a little longer, before she decided to get out.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:21 pm
"You sure are," I told Ulla with a wide smile. "She's currently visiting her grandmother, my mother, for now since we were worried that moving her around a lot would be a bad idea," I explained.

"I'm so glad you're back," Keiko said as she hugged Ulla, trying not to squeeze too hard since she'd been doing a lot of working out over the past month.

She let go when she felt the ship move, though. "Weird, I thought the boat started sailing already," I murmured. Keiko looked up at me when I said that. "I doubt we were the last ones to board," she replied. I could only shrug at though.

Our conversation was cut short when Ulla tripped on her own hair. Leon had the issue well in-hand, though. "I'd say I could take you somewhere to help you with that, but we'll probably be in Paldea for a while," I spoke up. This caused Keiko to give me a bewildered look. "You actually cut your hair?" she asked, to which I could only smirk. "Well, I'd rather not trip on my hair if I can help it. So yeah, I keep it trimmed to a point to where it's still long, but not long enough to hurt myself on."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:19 pm
Darksol88
"I heard," Sol remarked, looking to Freth briefly when she was brought up. "Largely by necessity, mind. I don't fancy a prying mood if it's not necessary, but I do have to agree with Freth. I feel like if her hunter friend could take her over, she'd have already done it. And if that was to happen, you'd be safer where we can respond without extra steps." He stopped leaning on the rail for a moment, noticing the sudden aside glance from Freth. The hunter making a remark was a safe guess, whatever that remark was.

He'd ignore it for now, with Tristen's question allowing for a convenient out if the topic didn't continue otherwise. "At least... 35 years or so? Around the time I would've taken a ferry from Levincia to Kalos and ended up setting in motion the eventual meetings in Orre with Gonzap, Sub and Ein. I guess less if you count a very brief visit to tend to something, but when I barely spent a day before departing again, does it really count as coming back before now? Still... it'll be nice to see home again. In fact, Blizzard," he'd pause, looking towards Blizz again. "You might be interested to know that for all the differences regions like Kalos or Galar use for battles, Paldea's fairly straightforward. Normal, I guess you could call it."

I stared at Sol in a bit of confusion. Thirty five years? And hasn't really been back in any major capacity since. Christ, I couldn't imagine being away for so long truth be told. And all of that just to go to a dustbowl like Orre. Go figure. I guess if nothing else after all that has happened he's got more than the right to go.

Another spout of confusion, but moreso out of intrigue when he mentioned that the Pokemon battles there were for all intents normal. "So, wait. No Mega Evolutions, no Dyna-whatevers, just...straight battling. No freakin' gimmicks or whatever. God, that would be a refreshing change of pace with all that has been going on. Seriously, when I actually broke down and done that dyna-stuff in Galar that one time, it REALLY didn't gel all too well to me."

"You say this and I know you got that Z-Crystal. One that was specifically meant for your Decidueye, at that, oddly enough." Freth spoke up.

"Lesser of evils." I said. "Using the kind of reasoning why I broke down and used that Dyna-somesuch in Galar. Yea, I could hold on to whatever principles I'd like, but no one else is going to hold to those and will just beat the hell out of me or my Pokemon. I'm going to need something when I'm staring down like...another ginormous Pokemon or a Mega Evolved one. Skill is only going to deal with so much. There may come the time where just raw, unbridaled power will dismantle whatever tactics and some such I might have. God knows that was the case unfortunately in more than one instance much to my dismay."

"...so you decided to use something that you hope will win you the fight in one final shot? That...sounds not like you."

"If we're in a position where the last hurrah is still not enough, then I'm probably good as done."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:09 pm
Reno didn't need to have Phemes out to pick up on a few of the details with Aden's punch. The weird way he was adjusting it mid-flight, the odd little hitches in the motion. He was doing his best to make sure he copied a motion he had seen before. Too focused on making sure it matched what he remembered instead of adapting it to better suit his own style. But he had been mouthy enough to welcome the first hit like this, so Reno was going to weather it. And as it hit him on the chin, Reno would feel....just a fist. It was a strong and powerful hit from that psychic energy, but it still was simply a punch. So taking advantage of the hit, Reno would plant his right leg and pivot around the metallic limb, swinging his left leg around to crash into the back of Aden's knees. And while it too was surrounded by psychic energy, the energy would release in a burst to smash into the hybrid's legs just after the kick impacted, aiming to guarantee that Aden's legs buckled.

"Using the energy as a sheath around your limb is effective, but you can't rely on using it as a knuckle duster and what you already have to get you by. Making it release on or just after impact for that simultaneous punch or odd after shock can end up way more effective." Reno said, already rubbing his jaw as he stared over towards Aden. He wasn't going to directly call out the slight jankiness in Aden's punch. Actively trying to force it into a more natural state immediately before he could throw a few more that might point out the problem directly to him would just make him throw the punches even more awkwardly as he both tried to keep those instincts and fight against them. "So then. Wanna get to the real showdown?"

------

Leslie would watch as Abby walked off, a little mystified her attempt to egg the other girl on had somehow been accepted as direct advice. Coughing a bit as she finally rolled out of the leg press machine, the girl would look to her SNAG and frown as yet another dead end had come up from GRAY. Was it really going to be that impossible for her to become a Mawile hybrid again?

-------

Aria would look quizzically at Clare as she mentioned that she might not have a large enough platform. "You are part of an organization known worldwide, are associated with a well known model, and have the whole cute, shy girl thing going. At this point, I should probably attach my brand to yours and ride that to the bank."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:08 pm
Sub nodded at Cera and Aile, confirming that even they had limited to no experience with the region of Paldea. With Aile's question he would look to Cera and give a comical scowl. "I know a bit, largely through Sol, especially when we got into the Girafarig argument over the years and to a lesser degree the Primape one. Cera was there for one of our worse spats back in Agate Village. Let's just say objects were thrown and Sol and I had to be separated. It was that argument that got us really close to taking a trip to Paldea to settle the argument once and for all but duty called." Sub said, a hint of shame and embarrassment over that recollection, all over whether or not the Girafarig species could evolve.

[That evening.]

The Snagems aboard the S.S. Sea Spirit had just finished dinner like the rest of the passengers when an announcement was made that they would be arriving in Porto Marinada, Paldea, shortly. The announcement would be accompanied with details concerning the small port city including its famous market including its auction of which people come from all over the world to participate in.

An hour after that announcement the ship would dock and be ready to let the passengers off. Sub was quick to prepare himself and was one of the first passengers to disembark from the ship as his feet touched the pier, not quit Paldea yet in his mind but he was almost there. He would ignore the announcement that they would be leaving for Alola tomorrow, a trip that he was not interested in.

The Snagem leader would wait for the rest of his team on the pier, deciding it would be nice if they all 'touched' Paldea together, that is feet on Paldean ground and not just on some wood jutting out of the water. "I wonder if they have a saying in Paldea like they do in Alola or other greeting like Kalos...I think Sol said something once." He said aloud, a nearby person hearing him. "¡Hola!" The local declared with a cheerful smile, however Sub jumped startled and spun around to glare at the guy, scaring him away. "How rude...eavesdropping on a conversation I was having with myself..." Sub huffed.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:26 pm
As dinner concluded, the announcement was made of their imminent arrival in Porto Marinada. "The world-famous market town is a tourist attraction far surpassing its size and one of Paldea's two principal ports," she heard over the PA system.

Monique shuffled around, grabbed her bags, and made her way to Sub and some of the others on the pier. She wondered how much Illusion she would need in this region, but for now in the late evening hours it wasn't much of an issue.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:54 pm
Deo just finished a meal of kings with dessert as well. It was his first time tasting some delicious sushi and he always thought it would be terrible. He thought he would be on the ship for BINGO, but that is out of the question now. Stretching while approaching the deck to see the land, he slid beside Monique and struck up a conversation "I never thought that I would ever go outside of my home in Sinnoh, let alone become a hybrid and the latter is what surprised me the most. How about you? What surprises you the most about the situation that we came in?"  

DeoLux

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:28 pm
Monique noticed Deo sidling up to her.

"Well, at least this is your home reality. I never thought I'd leave home cuz there wasn't anything else left beside it. At least you had a whole region you thought you'd never leave."

It was food for thought. Monique had turned into a world traveler with Snagem. She'd visited multiple cities in Hoenn and Kalos, seen Sinnoh and Hisui, made one trip to Unova, taken in the Crown Tundra of Galar, escaped on a Honchkrow from the depths of The Under in Orre, kept the peace in Goldenrod in Johto, and even found time to return to Alola.

From what the last rays of sunlight showed, the west coast of Paldea was rocky and rather sheer, a very cliffy face. Porto Marinada seemed to have been lucky to not need an elevator or monorail to connect two halves. Instead, it sat in a little bowl with a winding road down from the highlands. The brightest lights came from a big building in the middle of the town. _Must be the market they were talking about._  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:14 am
By the time the ship had docked in Paldea, Keiko, Absinthe, and I were all above deck, so we were able to join Sub on the pier in fairly short order. '"I think this is the first time I actually felt excited to see a new region," I spoke up, trying to start conversation

"How much do you know about it?" Keiko asked, as she knew how much I'd been trying to research this new region.

'Almost nothing," I admitted. "Most of the time I put into researching this place was spent trying to find info on it. I'm honestly kind of surprised how hard it was to find anything on it, especially since it was inducted into the Pokemon League some time ago."

"Well, you're finna see it first hand," Absinthe yawned. She'd spent most of the trip weightlifting, so she was understandably worn out, not that Keiko or I knew that at the time, as we had Ulla to focus on.

While we waited for the rest of the team to make it to the pier, Keiko noticed Monique nearby and waved at her.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:45 am
Blizzard120

"None of it, no. Sure, we did have some weird, rare Pokemon in the wild- what region doesn't- but that's about it," Sol added, looking to the screen of his Snag Machine for a moment. "As for gimmicks themselves as you put it... Think of battles as a sort of sandwich. The trainers are the bread, their Pokemon the main ingredients. A simple recipe that's more than fine as is, can't go wrong even as different selections and strategies change parts of it. But say it feels like it's missing something, needs an extra kick because you're feeling more adventurous that day, and that's when you start seeing the alterations a Kalosian or an Alolan trainer makes. Not every sandwich, every battle, sees the same changes. Sometimes making that alteration doesn't work. But it doesn't make them less principled, the core's still there and never left. After seeing so many regions and how each one goes about battles- regardless of the stakes- it's hard to see any of them as right or wrong. Just... diferente. Besides, didn't Kanto and Johto take a while to humor the idea of using two Pokemon instead of one at a time in some battles? These days, you'd think they always embraced it and you'll hardly find a region that doesn't dabble in the format."

"At the end of the day, they're another layer to the tactics in your arsenal. It'd do you well to respect them as such, or to use a Paldean saying, el que no arriesga, no gana."
He'd briefly put a hand on the Beast Ball clipped to his belt after his speech, having felt it shake for a moment as if the Buzzwole inside wanted out for a bit. Figuring they were safer with him than anywhere else, this still wasn't a good place to just be out and about. The shaking stopped about as soon, causing the Ho-oh hybrid to give a sigh of relief. "...something in some respects, I'm finding myself having to follow too."

Reno Vantas

"That seemed underwhelm-" Aden was quick to pick up on Reno's motions as he pivoted, trying to direct that psychic energy to his legs as a means to brace himself. It worked well enough for the impact, barely keeping him from buckling from the impact. But he wasn't as prepared for the follow up, the burst throwing off the defenses he managed and sending him to his knees with a brief shout. "...you know," he'd clumsily get back to his feet a moment later, rubbing the back of his knee briefly. "Think dad was saying something like that too. Something about taking to my own style more than I have."

After another moment, his knee felt fine and he'd crack his knuckles. "Yeah, let's do this." This was bound to be an interesting session.

Espeon_Commander
SubonicXP

"The Primeape one at least sounds plausible. Angry as they get, there's probably at least one that's so angry they refuse to die. Not so sure on it evolving for that, though- oh Arceus that night..." Cera would lay her head on the table with a groan, an old memory rushing back to her about that fight. "I still remember Azalea joking if you two needed to file divorce papers while she went to get Aden to bed, right before the throwing and screaming started. And then the couple of weeks afterward when Aden kept asking about 'grrafeerig' because it sounded like it 'meant lots to daddy and uncle Sub.' Which I think led to another fight, but that one had a funnier ending."

That Evening

After the dinner and relatively decent evening, and by some miracle, the S.S. Sea Spirit remaining in one piece, the four had disembarked with the rest and joined Sub at the pier.

"That," Sol chimed in, holding back a laugh. "Pretty similar vein to Alolan greetings now that I think about it. Or olá works too, I heard both a lot." He'd give a wave to the local despite Sub's glare, taking in the scenery for a moment. Though the marches of technology and time wait for no one- or no region- the port was still largely how he remembered it, its sights and smells unmistakable. Almost like he never left. Almost. "You know... I think the only regret is not taking a proper trip back sooner. Always meant to revisit the topic when things calmed down. Guess we both let things get away from us."

Aden, though a little sore from his and Reno's sparring, wouldn't have quite the same nostalgia. But being the first time he'd seen the region rather than just hearing about it, it gave him the chance to finally put an image to those stories. "So this is..." He trailed off a bit, but the sentiment was there. "I know this is just a port, but already I can tell the vibe here's different. Guess that holds true for any of the regions, but I'm feeling good about this."

"Sounds a little noisy, though..." Amaranth noted, though she wasn't too bothered by it. "Though, I can see why from what that announcement was saying earlier." She wished she had more to draw from, but chances were even if she did remember everything, she doubted she'd ever been here let alone hear about it. Like many of the others, this was entirely new and she was ready to set foot into Paldea proper. "Is everyone ready?"

"I think so?" Cera asked, still transformed for now. "You know, Sol, I don't think the mental images I ended up seeing every so often did things justice. Usually never had context with them either. This looks a lot better in person."

"Stray thoughts aren't always accurate," Sol remarked, shrugging. "Anyway Sub, want to count us down?"  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff