Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals: O RLY? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O RLY?
  NO WAI!
  YARLY!
View Results

chibishan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:54 pm
Mara_Brightwing
WARNING *Opinion to follow* WARNING

I believe animals should be treated ethically, inasmuch as they are living creatures.

I do not believe, however, that they are more important than humans. I believe that we are meat eating, leather and fur wearing, pet loving, zoo visiting, safari going people.

I personally own a rabbit coat, a mink stole and a fox fur collar. I wear leather shoes, eat steak and chicken, love my dog, and take my kids to the zoo and the aquarium. And know what? I don't feel the least bit guilty.

If PETA thinks that their militaristic, terrorist-based actions are going to get me to change the way I live, they are dead wrong...just like the Islamic extremests are not going to get me to change the way I live.

*End Opinion*

while i agree with the above, i have to laugh. good lord! did someone have a bad run in with PETA?? personally, i don't wear anything that's endangered if i know it, and i'm not a fan of fur (but that's just a me thing, not an ethics thing). leather, yeah, but again, if cows were endangered i wouldn't wear them. now, as for animal testing. i'm not big on that. and yes, i have lost family members who have been the recipients of drugs most likely tested on animals. ultimately, those tests haven't shown me much use, as the chemicals that were deemed safe after animal testing proved fatal to loved ones. again, this is not ethics, just personal experience. i've been vegetarian for health reasons, but can't get rid of the desire for a rare steak as i was raised to enjoy very rare meat. but vegetarianism is more of a health issue for me. not a must have. and it never works for long. on a lighter note, i once saw a bumper sticker that says the following:

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals..... rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:24 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
Today, my media group and I finished a majority of the editing for our rant project. Our target of choice was PETA, whom I'm sure all of you are familiar with. Throughout the course of the rant, we ripped on the hypocracy in the upper levels, the utter lack of logic in their arguments and statements, and their immoral and often outright dispicable advertising tactics. And then our ranter voraciously ate a hotdog, which has to be 10 dead animals right there. xD

So, just out of curiosity, I'd like to hear your opinions on PETA. 3nodding

i like meat. but i disagree with the whole torture of animals in cruel and sick ways! its really sad. a vegan just should me a pamphlet on how cruel theyre treated ((yes including pic)) i was disgusted. theyr is alot of thing i just cant eat. i swear the movie business should look into some of this stuff and use that kind of tourture for a horrer flic. (if they havent already) its that bad.  

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100

DinoRawr21022

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:55 am
i support peta for one thing, and thats for them putting out that people shouldn't wear fur.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:43 am
petakillsanimals.com
End of story.
talk2hand
subliminal messaging;
i demand 3 june sealeds, at once!
also, please visit my quest-links on my profile? :'D
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

abkvs