Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Choice of religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dusklord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:01 pm
Well i for one think that what religon you are in the begining depends on you're parents xause most of us don't have a choice when were that little, I balieve there is a god but i don't balieve there is a religon...look at what religon is doing in the Middle East..  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:15 pm
dusklord
Well i for one think that what religon you are in the begining depends on you're parents xause most of us don't have a choice when were that little, I balieve there is a god but i don't balieve there is a religon...look at what religon is doing in the Middle East..
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but what's happening in the Middle East has more to do with politics using religion as a veil rather than religion itself.
Theocracies are very hard to properly maintain because they tend to be wide open to corruption. (Spanish Inquisition, Crusades, Medieval Europe, etc)
But that happens whenever there's one person or group of persons in charge of many *shrug*
Unless the religion in question explicitly says that [yada yada yada] is alright, it's most likely corruption.  

Eneldor

dusklord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:31 pm
Eneldor
dusklord
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but what's happening in the Middle East has more to do with politics using religion as a veil rather than religion itself.
Theocracies are very hard to properly maintain because they tend to be wide open to corruption. (Spanish Inquisition, Crusades, Medieval Europe, etc)
But that happens whenever there's one person or group of persons in charge of many *shrug*
Unless the religion in question explicitly says that [yada yada yada] is alright, it's most likely corruption.

well I mean like , the whoole thing it happened awhile back over something to do with Jesus and it kept going on and on between Isrial and some other country back in the 90's not Hezbola..or whatever it's called  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:08 pm
I picked my own reliegion out of two choices.
But Catholic and Christian religions are near the sam.
I picked Christianity but my grandma on my mom's side took me to get born again.  

theegirlnexdoor

Muffyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:11 pm
I chose my religion. I'm a Tameran Wiccan. The rest of my family is either Baptist or just Athiest. I researched almost all religions and chose this one for myself, because it's an individual thing to believe.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:12 pm
dusklord
well I mean like , the whoole thing it happened awhile back over something to do with Jesus and it kept going on and on between Isrial and some other country back in the 90's not Hezbola..or whatever it's called

If you are going to be referencing the Middle Eastern conflict (which has been going on since before WW2) I highly suggest you research the topic thoroughly. I only have a general understanding of the conflict as a whole, so I feel that my views would be inadequate to properly explain the situation.

Nonetheless, it's an argument for another thread, and is rather off-topic.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Wisdom_in_Scars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:50 pm
I like what the Bible says about religion...in James 1:26,27 ( If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Most folks think religion = church=temple etc.. But the bible says it's widows and orphans.....and still...it's a choice eh?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:06 pm
i'm buddist right now but im going back to catholic.. i wasn't baptise.  

Kazuma San

CabooseRIF

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:00 pm
hmmm...i supose i'm Christian, I go to church every week, ect. but i'm pretty much open to all religions, and have a few theorys and ideas of my own.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff