Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
Gay Marriages.(sp?) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reon-kun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:52 pm
Sadistic Samurai
1.) Gays rawk my little world. 2.) Homophobes should -all- die, unless they have a GOOD reason. 3.) If I was a boy, I'd be gay.

There. o_o;

stare more stereotypical gay boi fangirl sayings...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:41 pm
Reon-kun
Sadistic Samurai
1.) Gays rawk my little world. 2.) Homophobes should -all- die, unless they have a GOOD reason. 3.) If I was a boy, I'd be gay.

There. o_o;

LOL  

Seak

Water Spirit Haku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:58 am
Reon-kun
Sadistic Samurai

There. o_o;

Don't lable me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:52 am
Sadistic Samurai
Reon-kun
Sadistic Samurai

There. o_o;

Don't lable me. 3nodding

Though you do sound exactly like one... and I'm not labeling you, you are labeling yourself.  

Reon-kun

WaresTheBeef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:00 pm
Sadistic Samurai
Reon-kun
Sadistic Samurai

There. o_o;

Don't lable me. 3nodding
*uses labeling device* ummm S..T..E..R..E..O..T..Y..P..I..C..A..L..space..I..D..I..O..T *stick it to your forehead* THERE YA GO! You have been labled ^-^ Have a nice day  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:28 pm
You know what, i'm not apposed to it cause if they love eachother enough to take the leap (so to speak) and fight the system, they deserve to be married. Wow, i sounded old just now.  

whiskas5971

cherry haterade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:11 pm
whiskas5971
Wow, i sounded old just now.

Not really, were you trying to give some mystical revolutionary comment that would blow our minds?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:17 pm
whiskas5971
You know what, i'm not apposed to it cause if they love eachother enough to take the leap (so to speak) and fight the system, they deserve to be married. Wow, i sounded old just now.

Not really. You sound like alot of other people your age.  

Seak

whiskas5971

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:59 pm
OblivionKnight
whiskas5971

Not really, were you trying to give some mystical revolutionary comment that would blow our minds?
no it just popped into my head and i was watching Dharma and Greg earlier and larry always says fight the system and such so thats about all.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:16 am
whiskas5971
OblivionKnight
whiskas5971

no it just popped into my head and i was watching Dharma and Greg earlier and larry always says fight the system and such so thats about all.
...?  

WaresTheBeef

whiskas5971

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:16 pm
AegisEvo
whiskas5971
OblivionKnight
whiskas5971

...?
idk... i'll stop talking now  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:28 am
Seak
This being said, why should homosexuals have the right to marry? It seems to me that if there is no mental connection, if it's mostly based on phycial liking, and the relationship only considered because of sexual attraction, then why get married? It sounds like most homosexual relationships are based on physical desires and weak wills.

You there, fairly conservative yet intelligent Gaian.

How many gay people do you know? o_O?

I mean, not the Queer Eye guys... real life gay people. Preferably in relationships.

Of course relationships are based on physical attraction. I'm sure every straight romantic relationship you've had has been, at least in part, physical.

If a relationship is simply a mental connection, then why can't it be fluid? Mental connections are the same for boys as they are for girls, so based on that theory why are you more likely to be attracted to boys than girls?

I'd like some evidence that I'm not madly in love with my fiancee and that our relationship is solely physical? I can easily prove the opposite by simply not touching her and remaining in love with her.

Raingirl
A lot of stuff. It'd really be cluttered if I left it here

Okay, your turn.

You're right. You will not change my mind. I doubt I will change yours, either. I'm not that bleeding naive.... but that doesn't mean I'm not up for the occasional debate. I enjoy this and since it's something I am so deeply attached to I'm going to do this.

But that isn't just because of my opinion, it's because I'm experiencing this situation. I am female and in love with a woman. I have faith that it isn't wrong because of what I feel in my soul, or something. I don't think I'm closed minded, and I'm not going to say you are either. I, unlike MANY fevent nonchristians my age, have read the bible the entire way through. I agree with a lot of the stuff Jesus said, but I don't really agree with a lot of the other stuff. This is why I'm not a Christian.

But that's not why I'm here.

There are absolute truths, and God's existence and authority are among them. You can say the sky is red with purple polka-dots, but it'll still be blue, and God'll still be God.

No. No no no no no.

If you take a hundred preschool children of all cultures, nationalities, and religions out on the playground, set up a pallete of colours and had them point to the colour that was closest to what the sky was like, on a clear day the vast majority of those children would point to some shade of blue.

If I heard those same children back into their classrooms with a pen and crayons and told them to draw and write something about their respective religious deity you would probably get AT LEAST ten variations and quite a few kids in our day and age who wouldn't know what the ******** to draw and would just sit over their desks and crying because they don't want to get a bad grade.

God is -not- a scientific fact. Sorry toots. God cannot be:

a) Observed
b) Reproduced
c) Peer reviewed
d) Mathmatically proven
e) Published as a factual identity in any respectable scientific journal

Because outside of the bible, there is no proof that your God exists. He does not come down and talk to us anymore. God has been written about, but so has The Incredible Hulk. You cannot reproduce The Incredible Hulk, either.

I won't sit here and profess that God doesn't exist, because guess what honey? There's no actual proof for the lack of God, either, because we have not looked everywhere yet!

What you have is faith. Faith isn't bad, but it shouldn't be pushed off as fact. Wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if (insert religious domination you do not believe in here) told you that you had to do a solid fast a month out of the year and because they believe it to be their religious law and they hold a small majority in the country they enforced it as a law?

I'm sorry if I flipped out. That's always bothered me. When I was little they had me do fact and opinion flash cards often. I get annoyed when any belief/subject of faith/propaganda from either side is pushed off as an absolute truth. I can't say you're wrong, because that's an opinion. I'm going to say that you can't really prove you're right.  

walking spanish

Seak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:22 pm
offbeat genius
You there, fairly conservative yet intelligent Gaian.

Thank you. 3nodding

You there...inquisitive and informative Gaian.

offbeat genius
How many gay people do you know? o_O?

4 lesbians, 1 gay man, and 1 former lesbian.

offbeat genius
If a relationship is simply a mental connection, then why can't it be fluid?

I didn't say a relationship is simply a mental connection. I was responding to the previous persons statement that "There is almost never a pure mental connection for gay people, it's almost all based on physical likings."

And what do you mean by 'fluid'?? oO

offbeat genius
I'd like some evidence that I'm not madly in love with my fiancee and that our relationship is solely physical?

Iiiiisssss this a question or a statement?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:26 pm
Seak
Then what's to stop polygamy?

May I add to this..that just this evening on the news, it was reported that there is now a push for polygamy. stare  

Seak

walking spanish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:07 pm
Seak
I was responding to the previous persons statement that "There is almost never a pure mental connection for gay people, it's almost all based on physical likings."

I'm sorry about that one. I really don't have any short term memory and didn't remember reading anyone say that when I typed it.

I don't know what they've observed, but from what I've experienced that... just... isn't... true. I think my comment was more directed at him, than you anyway.

Tehmafrath Usagi
There is almost never a pure mental connection
for gay people, it's almost all based on physical likings. Yes, they do
enjoy the company of their partner, and they do "love" their partner, but
the only reason why they even considered a same sex relationship is
because of the sexual attraction.

I doubt this guy can prove this to be a fact, either. No, I take that back. He can prove that it all stems from sexual attraction... but I'm going to repeat myself here. So do straight relationships. Most people conveniently fall in love with someone who they're attracted to. This is SO true that when the person they've fallen in love with is no longer attractive to them, they make such a big deal out of it that they write Dear Abbey about the lack of spark in the relationship. o.o

Hell, if you WANT me to argue the fact that there is a mental connection then I can give you my completely anecdotal evidence that I've been in love with my fiancee for at least four+ years and during this time she has almost always had a weight problem. Her appearence has changed dramatically from the times that she's lost and gained weight. Some of these physical types aren't my favourite, but I stay with her because she's more than just someone I want to have sex with.

Short version: Your point being, Mr. Usagi? It doesn't -all- stem from sexual attraction, but it doesn't do so any more than any straight relationship I've ever observed. You'd like the girl you eventually marry to be someone you're sexually attracted to so you'd be more willing to make-a the bambino, right? You filthy sinner.

Seak
And what do you mean by 'fluid'?? oO

I overuse that term. I really do. Thanks for giving me reasoning to look it up, though. As it turns out I've been using it correctly for ages! Time to go affix a gold star to my monitor once more.

And what I meant by that was that fluid substances aren't easily contained without strict boundries. A "mental connection" isn't a strict boundry because both boys and girls have minds, and there isn't really any laws saying that two minds of the same gender can't connect. (Every book with those Mars and Venus references would have you believe otherwise, since apparently men and women need an instruction manual to understand eachother... O.o) Anyway, back to what I was saying. Sexuality being fluid pretty much means that chances are plenty of people have connected with something, or even lusted after something that doesn't follow the guidlines of member of the opposite gender within 3 years of your age. Ah yes, and there's this bulljive that actually used the phrase "Sexuality is fluid" so I'm going to include it here. I'm not even sure I agree with all this, though.

Mother of Pearl. I just thought of the fact that I could've meant... involving...fluids. I think we can leave that out of this discussion. It probably violates the ToS. >.<

Seak
offbeat genius
I'd like some evidence that I'm not madly in love with my fiancee and that our relationship is solely physical?

Iiiiisssss this a question or a statement?

Remember what I said about my short term memory? Yeah, neither do I. Sometimes I forget how I was trying to phrase something before I get around to punctuating it, creating all kinds of madcap fun in the punctuation department. It could be a sitcom.

That's supposed to be a period there. It's a request.

Jarvis meant:

I'd like some evidence that I'm not madly in love with my fiancee and that our relationship is solely physical.

Jarvis thought they wrote:

Can you give me evidence that I'm not madly in love with my fiancee and that our relationship is solely physical?

If you want to answer either one, be my guest.

For another thread: Tackling my tendancy to ramble. One of these days I'm going to publish the Cliff's Notes to my webboard posts.  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff