Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dungeon Classroom
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chadwick
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Dueling Club
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Might as well try

Finley was surprised a bit when Chadwick noted that he was the first one here. He was on time... did that mean everyone else was late, or did the club really lack members? Either way, it was definitely too late to turn and flee because he'd been called out. Oh well. He could do this... probably. "Yea, that's... surprising. I didn't think it'd be just the two of us. Maybe people are just moving to focus on exams. I really should be, but I figured dueling would be a new - and fun - practice."

After mentioning his lack of skill, Chadwick was gracious enough to note that he didn't have to be good, only willing to learn. If there was anything about Finley to know, it was that he loved learning new things. "Maybe me being the only one here will be a bonus. No one will be watching as I struggle. Ha! Eventually I'll be good, or at least well enough. Just don't go too wild against me, I'd hate to end up in care of the healers." He cast a grin over toward the Slytherin, then pulled his wand from his pocket. "Well, we should try this, I suppose. Feel free to critique me whenever. I'll never learn without the help. I don't think the book I read on the topic is going to be as helpful as hands-on experience."

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trying hard to fight these tears. I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head this fear I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out I can't take it
That's what being friends about. I want to cry I can't deny
Tonight I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right I gotta live in my life
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Push until you can't and then demand more
You and me together, we can make it better

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fourth year || Hufflepuff || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club beginner || Quidditch beater

First week back. Eden was feeling refreshed after the winter break. On the train back to school he’d rearranged his second semester schedule so he’d have time to offer to help professors or do extra credit assignments-- he had to make up that stupid, unreasonable, ridiculous point deduction Winchester had cost him before the break. Anyways, all that faded as he made his way outside--noticed the weather, and headed to the dungeon classroom that served as the Dueling Club’s backup meeting spot. He caught the tail end of a conversation new-club-captain Chadwick was having with another student--taller, by the height:

No one will be watching as I struggle. ... I'd hate to end up in care of the healers."

”Don’t worry, we were all there at some point,” he jumped in, hopefully reassuringly. He smiled though, feeling exactly like that himself most of the time. It would be nice to be better than an older student at something. He greeted Chadwick with a stiff nod: ”Congratulations on the captainship.”

Eden had been hoping for the Dueling Club captainship when Lavinia graduated, and he beat Chadwick in duels occasionally. Disappointed? Yes. More than a little jealous? Definitely. But Chadwick was also one of the few people Eden saw regularly and felt comfortable around. Merlin’s beard, Eden got half his dating advice from Chadwick (although he did question how much was valid since Chadwick and Sparrow...were no longer a thing).

He cleared his throat awkwardly and saluted. ”Anyways, I’m going to warm up and work on my shield technique. Let me know if I can be useful, Captain.”

setting Dueling Club, January 2052 || with Chadwick and... Chadwick's friend.
appearance 5’3”, 136 lbs || wearing uniform
status jealous of Chadwick and trying not to be too obvious about it

Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I would die
Without regret, I’d offer up my life
With zero reservations
I would fly
Into the sun
If that would keep our dream alive
♖♜
~"Hero" from RWBY, sung by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:57 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

seventh year || Ravenclaw || pureblood vampire
Adventurer's Guild captain and DM || Fite Club founder
Winter only: Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club senior

Aidene was up late for a winter. She had been hoping for some time outside since the sun was down, but a peek out the dorm windows informed her Dueling was going to be inside. She was a little sad for leaving the club to Lavinia only to end up overloading her before NEWTs. That...made unfortunate sense. It did help her get closer to Lavinia though, which was a very welcome side effect.

She made it downstairs to the Dueling Club room, picking up a lost Sparrow on the way. ”Sorry I’m late. Thanks for taking over, Chadwick. I’ll be around for about another month but then will also probably dip. You know, NEWTs and stuff.” she said vaguely because there were other people around. She flashed a mischievous smile, covering any doubts. ”So! I’ll leave it to you.”

She gave the new face to the club some scrutiny. He seemed….familiar. After a moment Aidene recognized the kid that sometimes practiced his trumpet in the common room while she was “studying” for mythology by having her dolls re-enact scenes. ”Ay Trumpet Kid! Welcome to Dueling.” She would have challenged this newcomer to a duel, but it seemed like Chadwick was already getting him started. ”Harper! Need someone to barrage you with attacks for your shield practice?”

Eden Harper of House Hufflepuff
Aidene Azura Kieran of House Ravenclaw

Farewell, I've gone
To take my throne above
But don't weep for me
Cause this will be the labor of my love

~"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, Cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:35 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fourth year || Gryffindor || pureblood
Drama club director || Music club || Quidditch announcer
Dueling Club (fall) || Fite Club (spring)

At the start of the school year, Sparrow had decided to show up at the Dueling Club to cheer on Chadwick and spend more time with him. ”Surprise! I just wanted to be here to cheer you on,”

Well, within a week of that they had broken up. Sparrow had gone back the next week, full of fury and ready to fight him for all she was worth, before getting there and realizing she not only didn’t know how to duel properly, but also there were so many other fun people to talk to when she wasn’t only looking at Chadwick. She had a grand time playing “duelist” and learning from the other club members.She had meant to go to Aidene’s Fite Club for Spring, but forgotten when it met.

Luckily Aidene would be at Dueling. After changing into something a little more her, Sparrow ran into the self-proclaimed “combat main” and en route to the dungeons confirmed that Chadwick had indeed accepted captainship of Dueling Club. Just the mention of Chadwick made her blood boil, even now. She supposed, for Chadwick, Dueling club wasn’t “a very big responsibility” that he “couldn’t handle’. No chance of him failing all his classes due to extra club responsibilities. After all, if Sparrow could run Drama, of course Chadwick would think he could run Dueling.

Either way, as Aidene went to barrage Eden with attacks, Sparrow greeted Finley with a cheerful ”Heya Finley! Are you joining the Dueling club? I wish I’d caught you last semester!”

Sparrow pointedly didn’t fill out a slip, not intending to stay since Chadwick was captain. All semester she’d made a point of never being paired up with Chadwick for assignments or never talking to him. She was burning with anger at Chadwick still. She knew she wasn’t a great duelist, but this was probably the last time she’d ever be in Dueling and be able to do this. For the first time since their breakup, she addressed Chadwick: ”You. I challenge you to a duel, Captain.”

setting Dueling Club, January 2052 || with Aidene smile , Eden smile , Finley biggrin , Chadwick scream
appearance 5'3", 123lbs || hair color rainbow pastel || wearing pink shirt and jeans outfit
status Last chance for some VINDICTIVE RAGE

I hate to break it to you babe, but I'm not drowning
There's no one here to save
Who cares if you disagree?
You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be?
Who died and made you king of anything?

♡♥
~King of Anything" by Sara Bareillis. Nightcore Cover.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:10 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fourth Year Slytherin

▬▬"Being the best is great, you're the number one."▬▬

Chadwick smiled at Finley’s enthusiasm to being the only one there, well they would have a fun time together at least, and Chadwick wasn’t going to hate it, no dirty looks for a club? That would be fine with him. He was about to offer some advice, and to ask about doing some practice dueling when Eden came in and made a comment about all being there at some point. Chadwick glared at him, ready to fight if he was rude to Finley, but then he moved on about the captain ship. Chadwick smiled at him, ”thanks Eden, I’m sure I’ll be asking some advice from several older students and teachers, but I appreciate the opportunity.” Eden then said he was going to go wrk on his shield technique, that was fine with Chadwick, he went back to going to tell Finley about dueling things, when Aidene showed up. Chadwick mumbled to Finley, ”So much for being alone here Finley, looks like we’re going to have a few club members after all.”

After Aidene sprinted off, Sparrow came in. Chadwick groaned. He wasn’t sure what kind of terms he was on with Sparrow, did she still hate his guts? She really should hate his guts. And when she came up to him and immediately challenged him to a duel, being snarky with calling him captain, after being so polite to Finley. He smiled at Sparrow, ”Oh look who decided to show her face near me and actually talk to me little Wi-“ He stopped himself, no he ended to be polite to Sparrow, to everyone. He couldn’t call her names or talk down to her, she had every right to be upset with I’m still ,to be angry with him. ”No wait. I’m sorry That’s not what I wanted. Sparrow, you’re doing great in leading drama, and I would be honored to duel you. I think Finley here could use some dueling observation.” That was nice, wasn’t it? Maybe?

▬▬"Being unique is greater, you're the only one." ▬▬

Where: Dueling Room
With Whom: Finley, Sparrow, a bunch of kids
Thinking about: Dueling sure
Wearing: black jeans, gray t-shirt

Miss GryffindorK

Addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:34 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Sparrow dipped her head in acknowledgement when Chadwick abruptly cut off his snarky comment to reply with an apology and compliment. She didn't believe any of his fancy words, of course, and was no less furious with him, but she could acknowledge he at leat tried to hold his tongue. Maybe three months of the silent treatment had some effect after all.

She drew her wand with a flourish, brought it up and bowed, again with flourish. Three steps away, pivot, and stance. She made sure her opponent was poised and ready before the polite expression on her face fell and she snarled: "Rictusempra!"

She wasn't about to give Chadwick any breathing room and immediately followed it up with "Impedimenta! Flipendo! Petrificus Totalus!"

A few went wide around Chadwick, and others deflected away. Sparrow had enough awareness to call out a "Sorry!" between her onslaught of spells when she heard a yelp, but was otherwise focused on the duel. Over the last few months her companions had very clearly taught her to not just throw a bunch of random spells like she might want to, and focus on deliberate spells, but after a little of the carefully-planned combination, she got more concerned with just keeping up an onslaught of launching any random spell she could think of. Not all of them were very offensively useful, and there was an occasional spell that just didn't quite work because she wasn't focusing so much on the spell as on hitting Chadwick and not giving him any ground. "Impedimenta! Um--Lumos! Vox Dementis!"

Practicing maintaining a shield against Aidene's steady rhythm of nonverbal spells, Eden was very focused until a stray spell struck him from the side. "Ow--HEY!" he whirled, throwing up another shield in case there was another stray. "Watch where you're deflecting, you id--!" Thankfully he cut off before he screamed profanities at them too.

Aidene cut off the moment she noticed the stray spell come in and glanced around to see Sparrow and Chadwick's battle get heated. She checked in with the collateral damage, ready--a little late--to shield any more stray spells: "They're really going at it, huh. Everyone ok?"

setting Dueling Club, January 2052 || with Aidene smile , Eden smile , Finley biggrin , Chadwick scream
appearance 5'3", 123lbs || hair color rainbow pastel || wearing pink shirt and jeans outfit
status Last chance for some VINDICTIVE RAGE

Miss GryffindorK

You are not me

♡♥

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:05 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fourth Year Slytherin

▬▬"Being the best is great, you're the number one."▬▬

Chadwick bowed and flourished his wand back to sparrow, when their duel was going full blast, Sparrow was not going to give him a chance to breath it seemed. Chadwick threw spells back at Sparrow, knowing this was good real-life practice, but wow she was strong. ”Sorry Archer not a great time for you to learn it seems!”

[RE: impedimenta, Felipendo, petrificus totalus]
He threw up a shield as Sparrow cast her next onslaught of spells - she really should be the captain of dueling. He cast the tongue tying charm at her , she avoided it but then he groaned, as it went wide, and hit poor unsuspecting Finley. ”Sorry Archer!” Wow he was apologizing to Finley a lot and the duel had just barely started.

[RE: Impedimenta Lumos Vox Dementis]
He readied himself for the next onslaught of spells, impedimenta, lumos? Was Sparrow getting desperate? Lumos wasn’t aggressive to use what was she thinking? He deflected the impedimenta, He laughed though, as Sparrow’s spell hit Eden, served him right for almost being rude. Chadwick was glad that Aidene was there this meeting, at least someone could bring in the duel if it got too out of control.

He watched as Vox Dementis was deflected by his defense, and that too hit Finley. Maybe.... Finley would get out of the way of their spells. The poor kid wouldn’t know how to talk at all by time this was over. He cast another spell at Sparrow, ”Impedimenta!” He wasn’t quite as quick as sparrow was with throwing the spells, so she was able to get a few more thrown in

[re: Whatever spells Sparrow throws after Vox dementis]
For the third bout of spells he grinned while throwing up shields and just trying to avoid Sparrow’s spells. He cast the Color Changing Charm toward Sparrow, aiming for her hair, wow that would hurt her more than any physical spell probably, the girl loved her hair. ”You’re doing well Sparrow, excellent form!” Maybe, an unexpected compliment would throw her for a loop? Since apparently throwing spells at her wasn’t. She was good at dodging or shielding, or he was bad at aiming. Or all three.

▬▬"Being unique is greater, you're the only one." ▬▬

Where: Dueling Room
With Whom: Finley, Sparrow, a bunch of kids
Thinking about: Dueling sure
Wearing: black jeans, gray t-shirt

Miss GryffindorK

Addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dungeon Classroom
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chadwick, Sparrow, Aidene, Eden
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Dueling Club
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why did they both hit me?!

Finley turned in surprise when a different voice chimed in, saying they were all beginners at some point. Great. There would be witnesses to Finley's demise. As they were talking about Chadwick's new captancy, Aidene and Sparrow walked in. Oh boy. Hopefully there wouldn't come a fight.... well, a non-regulation one anyway. She thanked Chadwick for taking over, then greeted Finley by calling him Trumpet Boy. Fair enough. "Hey Aidene." He responded, though his voice was rather flat.

Sparrow greeted him as well, her ever-cheery voice earning a small smile from the taller Ravenclaw. "Hi Spar---" His greeting was cut short when the Gryffindor spotted Chadwick. Oh no. She challenged him to a duel, emphasizing that Chadwick was the new captain. Their breakup was still sore for both of them, but either way, Finley was certain he didn't want to be in the middle of any sort of duel between them.

Chadwick immediately started on the defensive, but quickly cut himself off and started a more polite sentence. He mentioned Finley needing to observe, so the Ravenclaw shuffled over to the wall and prepared to watch the show. Sparrow immediately launched a barrage of spells, one of which was deflected right at Finley. Despite trying to dodge, he was hit. It caused him to yelp in surprise. Okay, no problem, he'd just cast the shield charm to prevent any further hits. He flicked his wand and tried the spell, but it was like his mouth was lazy. Crap. Had it been the stupid tongue tying hex? Damn it.

Just as he tried again to cast Protego, Chadwick shot a spell toward Sparrow (that missed by a mile, come on, Chadwick!), due in part to bad aim and bad luck, it hit Finley again. This one, he knew as the babbling charm. Joy. Immediately he started stumbling through words, sounding like a toddler with a deeper voice trying to talk. He stomped out of the way, debating on just leaving altogether. He heard Aidene ask if everyone was okay, so he walked over to her, lamely babbling on about the history of dueling to try and keep his anger down. "I woub pleed like sobe 'elp." He spoke aloud, mentally cursing his decision to come here for spell practice.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:11 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Along the bystanders, Aidene grinned before casting the countercharm for the babbling and tongue-tying charm on Finley before stepping out in front so there'd be less chance of the poor newbie getting hit. If he still did...well that was part of the perils of being super tall.

Meanwhile, Sparrow was trying to remember offensive spells she'd learned over the last few months. She shifted to dodge anything that got too close, throwing up a weak "Protego" if something got too close but generally favoring an aggressive offense over careful shielding. The glare on her face deepened when Chadwick threw a color=changing spell that went wide, followed by some praise of her form-- was Chadwick... taunting her? She felt her limbs slow with the successful hit of the impediment jinx-- and a split second later, her wand jumped out of her hand.

Sparrow felt a momentary panic before realizing this meant the duel was over. Very well. She took a deep breath, bowed, and held her hand out for her wand. "Congratulations then, on your captainship," she said, tone clipped and frosty still. Sparrow was certainly a little peeved she hadn't landed even a single hit, but that was how the script went sometimes. Sparrow tucked her wand away once receiving it back. "Very well. That's all I was here for today. Goodbye."

She moved to give Finley a hug and apologize he'd gotten caught in the crossfire--that was never the intention! Another apology and a promise of a song later she turned and headed away, waving cheerfully to the other members before leaving. Maybe she could have stuck around and learned more about dueling, get better at that...but she didn't have to learn under Chadwick. Plus starting tomorrow she was getting a crash course in hand-to-hand combat!

status Alright not as vindictive as I hoped, but whatever, time to learn to punch things.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Miss GryffindorK

You are not me

♡♥

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:31 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick wasn’t sure how he was going to run dueling this year. He knew he wanted to do some extra learning with how to fight if you were disadvantaged, no matter what that disadvantage was. Hard of hearing? Slow to come up with an appropriate spell to cast? Color Blind... He laughed when he thought color blind, and realized how silly all of these were really. Surely by time they were in second year or higher the students didn’t find themselves as being disadvantaged as much, like Finley wasn’t.... but... maybe If they did, they would find a place at Dueling Club? If anything, maybe it would be a good place to learn what others had to go through. He sighed, he would get ideas from his fellow dueling club members, once they arrived.

He also had hopes of having a few people duel this year, maybe next meeting after they did some reviewing this time?

He nodded to himself, sat out some forms for people to fill out, and waited for anyone to come in.

OOC: Please fill out this form on first post:
[b](CHARACTER'S NAME) of House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/b]

Steffy note: Going to try to open a second meeting of the club around mid-march; so try to get your kids to the intro meeting before then smile

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Dueling Club Opening
With Whom: No one yet
Thinking about: Here goes everything
Description: 5'7" blond teen with blue eyes

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dueling Club
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chadwick
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Dueling Club Prep
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Oheylookit'schadwick

Finley checked his watch, trying to make sure he'd get to dueling on time. Currently he was getting dressed and trying to locate matching socks. Once he finally looked presentable, Finley slid his feet into his converse, leaving the laces untied as he normally did. He grabbed his wand and his dueling guidebook, then headed off. Once at the dueling room, Finley walked it to see it was just him and Chadwick so far. Oh fun. "Hey there, Chadwick. You excited about this year? I've been reading lots of books so I think I stand a chance this time." He offered a lopsided grin, hoping that his friend was in good spirits.

Finley Archer of House Ravenclaw

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:00 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater and vice captain

Eden made his way down to Dueling Club Wednesday afternoon, ready to get back into gear. He had spent the summer studying, but there was only so much reading and memorizing could get him. Dueling was the best way to get back into shape with his combat practice and practical spellcasting!

He seemed to be a little early though, as only Chadwick and Finley were there. Finley Archer Eden had no issue with: the older Ravenclaw seemed a perfectly studious and friendly sort the short time Eden had known the boy in club. Plus he seemed a responsible prefect. But Chadwick...Chadwick Knapp, the first person outside of his sister that Eden dared think he could consider a friend, the first person he thought of as a rival....Eden had complicated feelings about Chadwick Knapp, but mostly this week they boiled down to Why in Athena’s name did you ask Calliope out after I expressly told you I was going to do so?

So when made it down, Eden just filled out a slip, gave a salty ”Hello.” and ”Good afternoon,” and went off to the side to practice a few simple spells in warm up.

Eden Harper of House Hufflepuff

setting Dueling, Fall 2052 || with Chadwick and Finley
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing uniform, sans robes
status S is for Salt

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 2nd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: an a-line plaid skirt, black turtleneck, and combat boots
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

First year at Hogwarts, Mattie had been honestly torn up by not getting the opportunity to join Dueling Club. She heard how awesome it was from Eden but due to her year in Hogwarts she was barred from joining. At least she had a multitude of other clubs and new acquaintances to keep up with last year. She feared next year she may have to cut some of her extracurriculars but she didn't like being told no, even if it was the amount of hours in a day telling her that something was not possible.

She cheerfully entered the dueling club ready to start learning to hone her magic for her protection and the protection of others. She happily spotted her brother and said, "Eden!" Grinning as she picked up a form to fill out she joked oblivious to the potential tension between her brother and the leader of the club, "Fancy seeing you here."

Matilda Rose Harper (Mattie) of House Gryffindor

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                ₘₐybₑ ᵢ'ₘ ⱼᵤₛₜ ₐ gᵢᵣₗ ₒₙ ₐ ₘᵢₛₛᵢₒₙ
                                                Bᵤₜ ᵢ'ₘ ᵣₑₐdy ₜₒ fₗy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:09 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater and vice captain

"Mattie!" Eden's surly mood dissipated a little as his little sister joined him in the Clocktower Courtyard. He had almost forgotten that this was the year Mattie could attend Dueling club as a full member. The Harpers weren't usually very touchy-feeling about greetings, but Eden nonetheless turned to the other present members of the club to introduce her "Excuse me," he interrupted. "I wanted to introduce my younger sister, Mattie Harper. Mattie this is Finley Archer, sixth year... Ravenclaw, right? And this is Chadwick. I mean, Chadwick Knapp, the current club captain." Chadwick's name had come up a few times before when Eden ranted to Mattie in private: sometimes he was a friend, sometimes he was a rival, sometimes he was just WhY???

In any case, he gave Mattie a moment before saying "Usually I start with a warm up, practice a few drills on whatever technique we're working on, and by then people have arrived and we get some mock duels running. For example, Captain Knapp has presented some interesting strategies for fighting when disadvantaged." Personally Eden thought the ideas were very interesting if not overtly useful, but he was still salty at Chadwick and would not suffer making a direct compliment.

setting Dueling, Fall 2052 || with Chadwick and Finley
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing uniform, sans robes
status S is for Sister!

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Clocktower Courtyard
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden and Mattie Harper, Chadwick Knapp, and Finley Archer
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dueling Club Introduction
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What to do, what to do?

After having been invited the previous summer, Callie had picked up a book on dueling etiquette. If she was going to join, she may as well know what she was doing. On the day of the meeting, the blonde tied her long hair back into a braid, then headed toward the courtyard. It took her a while to arrive since she got distracted by a lovely conversation with one of the paintings. Luckily, she didn't seem to be too late. No one was actively dueling... yet, anyway. Walking over to Eden, Callie offered a polite smile.

"Eden, hello! Thank you for inviting me to dueling club. I look forward to learning whatever is fated for me to learn." She also sent a wave over to Chadwick, who was captaining the club. Would it be weird to go stand beside him? Or should she stay with the one who had actually invited her? After a hesitation, Callie moved to stand somewhere in between the boys. There. That should work... probably.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff