Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:37 pm
DaisyMilk
Esfir

Rylyrr

A boy had died and it did happen...but it never failed to make his stomach drop and heart clench that life had been cut short. "That...is up to her." She had seemed to waver, but for now she was taking comfort with her sister. "She probably do better once she finds her...do you want to go to her? It might help, for her to know that she isn't rejected."

"Not to touch her, but to stand near by, so she can see that she is still wanted it." He looked at them. "I can't come with you. So it has to be your choice, and I will understand either way Esfir."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:38 pm
Kieza

The girl watched in confusion and a mixture of horror, a hand placing over mouth as she watched more fighting occur and a green dragonets eyes turn white. Please don’t. Please don’t. Please don’t. She thought, worry filling her. Please stay. Please stay here. Kieza didn’t want to witness a hatchling going between forever. Somebody stop it. She couldn’t bring the words past her lips... please stay!  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 pm
~Phayton~

A tear trickled down Phayton's cheek and dropped into Jailla's hair as he held her tightly, listening to Zinath keen. A'ral would be devastated at the loss of one of his children -- and they were all his children, all of the Candidates, even if they were grown adults. He was truly like a surrogate father to them.

And what of poor Huarwar, who had lost his twin brother? Phayton could only imagine what the boy was going through, remembering his own grief when he'd lost his dragonrider mother to Thread. She'd gone between, though; he fortunately had not seen what the deadly silver rain had done to her. This... he was practically front and center.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked Jailla.

Thaliawen

~Haukai and blue Corymth~

The keening of a dragon was one of the hardest sounds for a Healer to hear. Haukai turned away from Farellen so the broken boy wouldn't see the tears welling in her eyes. It meant that they couldn't get to the victim in time, that there was nothing they could do, or could have done, to save them.

She looked out across the Hatching Ground and saw a white dragon -- a second one! -- trying to calm the green that had been rampaging through the Candidates. Where had it come from? She wished the little white luck in dealing with its sister and returned to face Farellen -- to see him sitting up. "What are you doing? You need to lie down!" she scolded, gently pressing on his shoulders to force him back down. "There's nothing you can do anyway..."

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:41 pm
Tsunake

Roana started to shake as the keen confirmed what they had all feared. se was more than happy to have Iathe there, arm around her waist keeping her from falling in more ways than one. She looped an arm around the girl's shoulders in turn, drew her in and hugged her fiercely as they shared a grief for a boy they hadn't known. But it was all so sad, and the she had already proven herself sensitive to dragon emotion, both the candidate masters dragon and the poor battered bronze.

Then the white was out and rushing to the defrence of her sister green who seemed to come back to herself in that moment and quail under the weight of what she had done. And so she should!

But then, some sanity returned. The one thing the candidate master has told them again and again was that the dragons could not be held to account for their actions, not before they impressed and knew.

"Right!" Roana declared "Enough is enough, We've seen it, this stops when she impresses." She turned around to face ALL the other female candidates.

"Look, all of you, we know this ends if this green impresses, if you can stomach it, step forward! Call out to her. Make sure her rider, whoever she is.." For she had no doubt the green would choose a women. "..knows she wants her."

Shrugging off the support of Iathe for now (she didn't want the girl forced along with her against her will she stepped forward). Trying to get in the right frame of mind and force the image of the boys corpse from her mind she looked at the green and sent out a...sort of welcoming message. 'Stop it, enough of that, come now, we all might be scared, but no one would be here if they didn't want you.' She wasn't all together with what it took to speak mind to mind with a dragon but she thought it would translate. But Roana wasn't perfect, even she was struggling to forgive the green its murder.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:41 pm
Farellen tried to stop breathing hard/upset. it hurt, which made him want to sob as well ... "but who? ... what....What happened?" he said a little more strongly, adrenaline kicking in, but allowing himself to be forced back down, he hurt too much to resist the pressure on his shoulders.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:42 pm
Keening in a high voice when she felt her sister's pain, the confusion and anguish, the little green knew that there was nothing that she could do from here but to see one of her beloved sisters go between? No!

Protect her Sister! Do not let such pain and knowledge drive her Between when hers is still out there!

There was no desire in her to run onto the sands once more, she had made her choice early on and there was more than one reason for that. Amra had been hers from the moment she had stepped onto the Sands and she had not wanted to dance about her decision when her brothers had made such a disgrace of the entire affair so early on. The strong hands that still stroked her back and neck in adoration kept her from running to her sister and the words coming from her brothers...

"Don't, you might wish to punish them but there has been enough already." Amra's heart was in her throat at Zinath's keening and she could stand to see no more bloodshed that might dredge up even more foul memories. Certianly she would not look away, that would be dismissive to such a sacrifice and it surely was a sacrifice. To save one's own brother over themselves, she had no siblings herself and could not even entertain the idea of what the pain must feel like.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:42 pm
Varinia had heard the other dragons plea for the girls to try and stop the green, but she heard the candidate master, and knew what she had been taught. She had no intention of getting herself mauled. At least she'd made the right choice, Vari thought, as a newly hatched white calmed down the man hater and called her to her side. With a sigh, the girl looked around and saw someone kneeling on the sands. Varinia attributed it to the dragons keening, due to the one boys death. While she was maintaining her composure for the time being, internally she felt like the girl ahead of her. Varinia jerked her head in the direction of her before pulling Damon along with her. "Hey, it's going to be okay. I know it's tough, but it'll be okay. If you stay in the sands for too much longer like that you'll likely have burns, here, can I help you?" She offered Serfie a hand.

Aukai Oceansoul

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:44 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy
Ok, because of things I'm going to assume that Blundarth would let his little blue jellyroll off once Jalarus arrived. < < I just don't want the little guy to fall off his Dad's head. I would not object to a backdated reply though! <3

J'lar & blue Loreleth
It felt like ages, but the large man finally made it to where Blundarth stood. The rainbow-eyed baby was perched atop the bronze like crown, and stared down anxiously. When the bronze finally, carefully, cautiously, lowered his head to let his son dismount, the little blue didn't even wait to touch the ground.

No, he gave an awkward, chubby leap/fall once he got within range, certain that His would catch him. And he was quite right. The blue was not as large as some of his clutchsibs, and though he was heavy for his size, it wasn't anything that Jalarus -- J'lar now -- couldn't handle. The moment he had the baby in his arms, the blue pressed his head against his face, and crooned ever so melodiously.

He stood there as the world slipped away, lost in the beauty of those opalescent eyes. Time seemed to stop. The joy, the love, the affection -- it wrapped the two up in their own world. Never, ever, had J'lar felt so loved. His fears, his worries, his insecurities, his pain. . . none of that compared to the devotion and affection and fondness from Loreleth. For a few moments, Loreleth did not need to focus on the pain and hurt and loss and chaos going on around them. This was all the blue needed, all the blue had wanted. Snuggles, cuddles, protection, and someone who understood the pain. Someone who knew what loss was and could help the little one cope.

Granted, J'lar knew his coping mechanisms weren't always spot-on, but now that he wasn't simply living to die. . . Now that he finally had someone to live for, he certainly could do away with the alcohol.

The moment was perfect, beautiful, and would stay with J'lar forever.

. . . but it was not a moment that was meant to last.

How much time had passed, he didn't know. Suddenly, quite suddenly, in fact, there was a change. The rainbow eyes went yellow, then white, then grey. Claws dug into his shoulders, and an emotional pain so overwhelming it dropped him to his knees surge forth from the blue. First Zinath keened, and then she was joined by Loreleth. The baby's keen seemed to harmonize with the greens, but it brought a dissonence with it that was befitting the pain.

HE'S GONE! HE'S GONE, HE'S GONE, HE'S GONE! DEATH! DEATH ON THE SANDS!! HE'S DEAD!! IT FOUND HIM! IT TOOK HIM! IT HURTS!! IT HURTS!! THEY HURT!! Do something, Mine!! Pleeeeease! Throughout his melodious -- but heart-wrenching -- keen, the blue desperately begged his to make the world right again.

As if J'lar had such power, hmph.

Oh! No, no... I know it hurts. I know it's sad. It's okay to cry, it's okay to let it out. J'lar knew it was distinctly not okay for anyone right now. He didn't know what happened, didn't know who had fallen, and still had his back turned to the crowd. But it didn't matter -- right now, he had a very upset blue, and he had to try to temper down on all that built up grief. Like with Kharin -- the grief he tried to ignore bubbled to the surface.

But death was a part of life... And while J'lar knew this, he wasn't sure how to explain it to Loreleth. Not yet, at any rate. The joy he had felt was no shrouded in grief -- but he did not judge. Just cry it out, baby. It's okay to mourn.

And cry the little blue did. For the Candidates who were hurting and scared. For the guests and weyrfolk who were stunned. For those who would never find Theirs. For Huarwar, who now had to live his life alone. For Loreleth's unknown friend Henwas the Fallen.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:46 pm
Esfir

Did she want to go and comfort a being who'd killed? She wasn't entirely sure, but something deep within felt that she needed to. The green was only a baby and sometimes babies didn't act wisely or predictably. And this baby seemed to be hurting so so much.

In the end, Esfir moved from Rylyrr and nodded firmly, offering up a shy smile.

"I don't think it's a case of want to so much as need to. Even if she wants nothing to do with me, I don't think she deserves between. If it were me, I think I would want someone sympathetic nearby."

Silently promising herself that she'd talk more with her new friend later, Esfir slowly approached the crying green and without a word, sat herself on the sands a foot or two away. She would not intrude and she would do her best to not judge. Instead, she thought and tried her hardest to project her sympathy and her wish that the little dragon stay and find hers. And all the while, she was also thinking at the green's sibling, thanking it for being there for the poor thing.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 pm
G'ryl and Brown Sarcoth
G'ryl's back had been turned to the hatching sands proper for most the drama that had unfolded after the bronze that had savaged him had impressed. His attention was fixated on filling his brown's hungry belly. When the screams started up once more and shouts and fear became palpable once more, then the green keened. G'ryl's hands paused in their task as he looked down, finding them trembling. Sarcoth... He thought, quietly, mostly to himself, a spike of fear and nausea rolling through him.

But the brown was attentive and rumbled as he turned to look, to guard. The brown dragonet provided a shield between his rider and the rest of the hatching as unwanted fear rolled through the newly impressed rider. Do not worry, Mine. None shall hurt you again. Sarcoth nosed his rider's neck, sending soothing thoughts to G'ryl.

There are many on the Sands right now... a green has taken great offense to males and a white has hatched to berate them all. The brown replied, sharing his vision with his rider.

G'ryl blinked as his world shifted and it seemed as if he could see all around, albeit from a slightly different perspective.

“Who... who...?” He mumbled, good eye shut as he tried desperately not to be overwhelmed by the knowledge he'd come within millimeters of death today... and that this hatching had, indeed, claimed a life. How many of them would walk funny for weeks, would never see quite right again, would have aches in their bones from the fractures because of these rowdy, vicious dragonets? He'd never, in all his life, encountered such a group.

Overwhelmed and at a loss, Gavryl turned to his dragon and buried his face in the brown's neck and shoulder. He hurt... he'd been spared only because of Sarcoth's bravery, and he was overwhelmed with the wonder of Impression, with the deep belly ache of hunger, with the fear and sadness.... G'ryl didn't know what to do and he felt panic starting to rise in him.

The brown crooned, his calming thoughts intensifying and he felt the other's mind tense. I am here, Mine, I will always be here. Breathe... close your eyes listen to my voice and nothing else... He tried to ease the young man's anxiety, glancing up to find the green had run to her sister. Beneath him, G'ryl's sheer force of will was battling against the intense emotions he'd shoved away most of the hatching, trying to avoid a public breakdown.

[Tag to those at the Weyrling Table]

Waiver

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:50 pm
Serfie barely registered others coming near her until she was spoken to, she looked up at Varinia with tear streaked face, all the fight was gone out of her right now ... she was feeling the heat, it wasn't unbearable yet but she knew the girl was right, she didn't say anything but accepted the hand and stood, giving the girl a nod before moving automatically away, her instincts keeping her apart from others.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm
(Sorry I'm so behind... my time was not my own today. XD; )

Lucayr and brown Tikth (HR)

Lucayr sat in the stands, keeping up a constant commentary with brown Tikth, who had a birds’ eye view of the hatching from above. These events were almost always intense, and this one was about as intense as that of the clutch Tikth was shelled from. Moreso, if the harper were to be honest. But honesty didn’t often make for a good story.

What he was honest with himself about was how he felt about his little brother. Lucayr had been a grown man when he Stood for Tikth’s clutch. Silviu was just a lad, with no worldly experience and precious little exposure to real danger. And, press as he might, Lucayr had been unable to get the boy to tell him why he wanted to Impress so badly. He assumed that Silviu was just trying to find a way to be close to him, which wasn’t a problem in itself – but to throw away his Harper career? Had he made his desires known, Lucayr could have easily arranged regular visits to High Reaches for the boy, or perhaps even convinced Harper Hall to let him come apprentice under someone at the Weyr. And, judging by the small miracle that was unfolding below, that possibility was all out the window. Silviu would be one of Western’s, now.

L’ayr, look! A blue...!

Silviu and blue Aramath (ex-HR)

Silviu’s new friend was such a nice person, overlooking the shamed red of his cheeks and not making fun of the tears (or the meal) he’d shed in front of her. That was so embarrassing when people did that. When he followed Kieza’s gaze up to the little blue hatchling riding upon its father’s head, a wide smile crossed his face. Barring the violence that had come before… dragons were wonderful!

He blissfully continued to watch them, as Blundarth moved about the sands with his child, until a horrible shriek split the air. Oh, no. What now? He braced for the sight of more gore and nearly threw up again. There was a dragonet headed straight for him, a blue – maw, chest, legs, paws, even its wingtalons – covered in ichor. Its eyes were locked on him, the thickening green lifeblood of its own sibling still dripping from its teeth. So this was what it was like to stare into the eyes of death.

With the knowledge of his impending doom, something seemed to click within Silviu, and he stepped in front of Kieza calmly, her warning tug on his arm gone quite unheeded. She’d comforted him, and now he would protect her, as a man ought. He took a deep breath, and prepared to push the girl in whatever direction seemed safest when the assault came.

But first, there was a voice:

Silviu, Mine, please don't go. Your Aramath has done wrong, has hurt his brother, and needs you. Today is a hard day... but maybe, with me, you will feel better. Please, Mine. Hold me.

And the gruesome blue creature was upon him, shoving him back with the flat of its head. Silviu went down onto his backside, the creature’s face pushing against his unprotected stomach. But there was no fear, and no pain felt by the boy. Instead, waves of remorse coursed over him, fear and embarrassment greater than anything he’d ever known himself, even after his stupidest mistakes. And these emotions... were were the dragon’s.

Silviu reacted exactly the way his mother had when he was a babe. He gathered the hatchling to him, not caring about the putrid green ichor that now covered them both, nor the stings from the talons on the infant’s wings as he pressed them down to better embrace his Aramath.

“Shhhh. It’s going to be all right. It will be okay. I’m here.”

I’m here.

”Mewsings of An Angel”
Silviu sort of heard her congratulations, but he was so focused on the dragon that he thought she was trying to warn him of danger, LOL! To her it probably would have just looked like he was stepping forward to meet his lifemate when she stepped back.

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Martirae

Martirae did not step forward to try and soothe the green and let her know it would still be wanted by her. Not because she did not want it - though in truth, Marty kept herself from desiring any dragon until it desired her first. Because it had seen her. They had touched for a moment. Then, she had moved on and Marty had been left alone.

This green had already seen her and Marty knew inside of her that they were not meant for each other. There was no need to coax it back into her arms unless it came to them and asked her to open them for her.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:52 pm
Tell the green who’d murdered a candidate that they wanted her? Jailla looked up, staring at Roana with disbelief. That dragon had killed.

But...did she really want the green to between? But what if she called her over and the green hurt Phayton?!

...she didn’t want to risk it. She stepped forward, awkwardly. “Stay back, Phay. I don’t want her hurting you.” Or anyone else.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 pm
Alya

A girl's voice carried across the sand, and though tears were still streaming down her face, Alya tried her hardest to think at the green, now cowering by her white sibling.

Don't... don't go away! Please! Everyone would miss you... Your rider would miss you so much.... The thought was enough to make the tears begin anew, and Alya wept. Yes, this green had killed a person, but would her death make anything better? Please don't go!

--

Iathe

Roana's words made her take a deep, steadying breath of her own, and Iathe defiantly raised her chin up high. She, too, would take a step forward to stand by the redhead, but there was still plenty of space between them and the pair of dragonets.

It's alright. She thought, forcing herself to stay calm. As calm as one could be. Yours is here looking for you. Don't be afraid. A long, long pause. It wasn't your fault.

It wasn't. Though it was easy to blame the little creature for her seemingly ruthless actions, she was a baby. She didn't have anyone there to guide or support her, and, as angry as she had been, she had lashed out at those whom she'd perceived as a threat.

Sinders Path

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces