Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
How the Jaft Stole Phunkeh - Presents and Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the holiday season?
'Tis the season to make merry.
40%
 40%  [ 24 ]
I'm gonna frag Santa this time around.
32%
 32%  [ 19 ]
I'd rather just chill at home.
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:48 pm
Alack, commercials cater to the current likes of the current culture. Hell, if America wasn't so messed up in views, we could have videos like this on TV and commercials.

@Tsuj: This is pretty cool though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:50 pm
Heck I thought the mindset was you could eat as much brownies as you want and it wouldn't matter. I remember in the news that guy that sued macDonalds for making him fat after he ate a bigmac everyday for lunch because he believed it was 'Healthy'. xd Im ight not really be making much sense nor addressing the real issue in your argument there Sanzo, may be best to ignore my random silly comment xd

EDIT @ Tsuji: Haha, I've seen this before. Go Onion News xd  

Surazal Dloc

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:52 pm
I have mixed feelings on that Lin, while I wouldn't mind the US being less uptight about s**t I also think we have enough scantily clad women and sex being shoved in our face....

Oh you have no idea how much that guy pissed me off Laz, if you're going to eat like that accept the freakin consequences and don't blame McDonald's. He knew DAMN well it wasn't healthy just wanted to blame someone else for being so damn fat.

and after actually watching that clip... it makes me want to go out and slap girls who think they're all that...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:54 pm
Perhaps, Sanzo. I just don't like the whole double standard. Americans are so interested in sex and all that, but at the same time it's the most repressed subject to talk about -- even in mere education. As such, it's even hard to know anymore whether something is bad or good because everyone thinks of it, but says nothing.

And, this video has scantily clad men and women (but, alack, more women).

Edit: But it works for what the lyrics of the song are! (It's essentially repeating "You have the most beautiful a** in the world.")  

Sentama Lin

124-C

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:55 pm
http://www.bit-tech.net/columns/2007/05/12/pass_the_responsibility_please/1

@Sanzo — The AGU? But they bring up some good points. They take care of themselves and are attentive to their appearance, so why shouldn't the guys approaching them do the same?

@Lin — Alack, nothing. That plaid skirt is HOT.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:59 pm
@Lin well yeah I hate the double standard too, I don't think sex should be repressed and its something that should be talked about BUT I don't like having sex shoved in my face every five freakin seconds. There are tasteful ways to do things, and respectful ways as well.

@Tsuji look I'm not saying that people shouldn't take care of themselves but if someone doesn't look PERFECT it shouldn't stop you from talking to them. Girls like that are stuck up bitches that need to shut up... they're usually stupid as hell too.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:02 pm
About these moleskin books. What is the difference between and Large ruled book and a Large Reporter version?

EDIT: I think in general people are bitches. We all act differently towards and when with different people. We all try to get what we want, the difference between people being how much they actually care. We all do stupid things and all have our own view on how everyone else should act and think, even if we don't act or think the same way. The Human Race is a screwed up species indeed. We have the brain power to do more than any other species on earth nad yet we also have the ability to recognise all of our failures and bad points. Some would even argue we are not the smartest. Not really sure where this is goign ow... I think you get my point.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:03 pm
From which video, Tsuj? In any case, yes. I agree.

Also, that satirical article is awesome. I like it.

@Sanzie: At least you can differentiate. Some people just... don't. gonk In any case, what's nice is you can turn it off.  

Sentama Lin

124-C

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 pm
@Laz — The reporter style notebooks are bound on the shorter, top edge, not on the side. Think of the notebooks you typically see in old cop/detective shows and movies. Oh, and Moleskine, with an 'e'.

@Sanzo — Imagine if you spent an hour and a half to get yourself prettied up for a date at a nice restaurant and your date showed up wearing a pair of old jeans and a t-shirt. You'd be pretty pissed, right?

@Lin — I loved that essay. Unfortunately, I don't think he writes for that site anymore...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:08 pm
A pity. The essay read like prose; almost monologue-ish. It was enjoyable.  

Sentama Lin

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:09 pm
@Lin and that is the problem with being so freakin uptight about sex, the US can no longer tell between "look we're talking about sex" and "look we're showing you a bunch of people who have no self respect"

@Tsuji first, awesome satire piece there and second I can't possibly imagine myself taking more than 15 to 20 minutes to get ready... wait no no more like 35 to 45 minutes adding in the shower  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:09 pm
Ah I see. 3nodding Since I don't really know what I'd be using one for im not sure which kind I'd rather get. If any xd  

Surazal Dloc

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:12 pm
Hence, education -- not only about sex, but awareness to people that they are indeed being exposed to this stuff -- is a small cure. It's better than just saying "Nope, sex does not exist; don't talk about it or think about it." But perhaps I'm thinking of some slightly different agenda.

@Lazzie: Use them for anything. I switch between my Moleskine and my Newton for schedule taking, to-do lists, recipes, and quick sketches. Generally, whenever I need to write or do something with paper, out comes my Moleskine first, then my Newton. But they're usually together anyways.

@Sanzo: Oh! I just saw the commercial (the Extra ones). I find it amusing, and sad, but unfortunately that's the current mindset of the mass...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:16 pm
@Sanzo — See, 35 to 45 minutes would probably be a normal morning for these women, so an adequate partner would have spend a comparable amount of time on their own appearance. While I agree that you shouldn't expect another person to be perfect, you should be able to expect an similar degree of effort.

@Laz — Heh, most people that use them do so because they are attractive, robust, and made of high quality paper. They also use them to feel superior. I use mine for everything. Sketching, jotting down quick notes and thoughts, list making. It's terribly cluttered and would be extremely difficult for others to decipher

I suggest that if you don't have a burning desire or need for one, then just stick to the 79 cent ones from KMart. It's far cheaper. wink  

124-C

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:17 pm
I think if it weren't for that ONE line about caving on the brownie the day before it might not bother me as much. I just really hate the mindset of limiting your food because you have to fit a certain body type. If you're gonna limit the food you eat let it be for either health reasons or beliefs not something as trivial as "I need to fit into size 2 jeans!!!"

Oh and I agree on the sex education thing. My parents have been very active in my life in teaching me about sex and how to have safe sex and all that stuff. Didn't talk about masturbation but then they ARE Catholics... Anyway that's what's made me be a hell of a lot more respectful towards the topic of sex than those who get all "ZOMG YEAH SEX" or "ewwwww sex" I hope that made sense...

edit: @Tsuji I just don't see myself caring that much personally and I think those that do are rather stuck up. Particularly when they refuse to even TALK to the person, as if they had some sort of disease or something. It's disrespectful  
The Vault

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games