Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm

The pain was too strong to hide, try though A'ral might to put on a strong front for his children. He shoved his free hand as a fist into his mouth, letting his long hair act as a shield for the moment. Sobs silently shook the Candidatemaster as he struggled to hold everything in. Nothing could bring Henwas back, and it was so hard to watch his killer Impress. It was so hard. So hard to know that one of his children had died and he would have to see his murderer every day.

... And it wasn't really the dragonet's fault. But that left him with nothing to blame but himself. Perhaps as it should be. He'd...

His words from before came back to him, careless and cold. Let's nobody die tonight.

Oh Henwas...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 pm
~Haukai and blue Corymth~

"Human," Haukai told Jagmund soberly, slathering more numbweed on his wounds. "One of the other Candidates. Henwas, I think." Her jaw was set as she tried to contain her emotions and focus on helping those who could be helped. Like Jagmund.

"Now hold still, I'm going to have to sew some of these shut. This won't hurt..."

ChaosTheories

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

She discretely wiped a tear away, and then looked back down on the sands. The newly impressed dragons were moving off with their riders. That was good. Who would be the next to go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

Rinis gulped down tears as the girl reacted to the dragon's wish to die. No they'd comfort one another now. She was getting quite rung out and they still weren't done yet. Were the rest of the eggs going to be as dramatic? She steadied herself before focusing once more on the dragonets. Hers might still be here. She would wait until the very end if needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:55 pm
Huarwar

Seeing the green suddenly stop, white showing in her whirling eyes made Huarwar feel somewhat satisfied. She should be afraid, she should hate what she did and feel guilty for it. Yes, she was a dragonet and he had heard countless times that what they did before they impressed shouldn't be held against him but, that was his brother. There had been no hesitation as she tore into him, as she bit down and killed him.

Seeing her impress, Huarwar's eyes were steely, the tears were gone for the moment. He would have to see this dragonet grow up and her bonded seemed to be daring anyone to do anything to get vengence on her. He wouldn't do such a thing but, his lip curled into a sneer. Let her be in his shoes, how would she feel if she had lost a sibling or friend to that creature.

He turned his back on everything, on the other dragons, he had no mind for impression anymore. He didn't care about anything and the dead body of his brother...his twin, laid before him. His mirror image was dead upon the sands, something neither of them would ever think to happen before. He reached Henwas' body and fell to his knees, not feeling the heat of the sands, everything was dulled out of his mind, all he could see was his twins dead body. "What am I supposed to do now..." His voice was soft, as if there was no life left in it for himself.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

The Eggshell White White
The white dared any to touch her trembling green sister, and her eyes whirled red with anger. Still, she kept her wings spread, and stared down any man that dared approach. They would stay back, or there would be more blood.

Thankfully, her beloved sister had more sense than that.

Once she was certain Suwayeth had Impressed and found hers -- with a sensible girl, thank you -- she gave one last sneering huff at the men nearby and immediately turned to find hers. She pushed her way over to where Hers resided, and if she gave a mistrustful glower at any man too close, she deliberately chose not to provoke them. They weren't why she was here, anyway.

Isilje, Mine. Fall upon me with your tears, your fears, your hurts, your anxieties. Your Brancath will protect you, and keep you from harm. I have waited for you, and like my Sister, I will fight for you, I will defend you, and I will die for you. I will be your shield, and all that you need, from this day forward.

So it was, the white wrapped her wings around the girl, so this moment might be shared only with them.

User Image

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

The Peacock Green
Chaos had erupted, and while the Peacock Green had been startled by the keening, the weeping, the fighting, she had not stopped completely. While the Candidates had stared in shock, and moved around, this one had taken stock of each one she'd passed. The men had been ignored, though a few she found beautiful like Cedarian and Rio meant she did win a glance from her. But it was the women she was interested in, and Hers was among them.

Hers, who was the most precious, most beautiful, most wonderful of them all. Hers, whom she would keep and love forever.

Their.

Right there. Hidden away, but there all the same.

Running past the white robes she bugled her joy -- a pleasant and radiant sound after the sad keens of others. My beloved! My most precious Lissa! Your Hall might have dolphins, but they do not have me! Would you rather a shipfish than your sweetest Kiemeth? Tell me I am not worth a hundred of them, if you can! There was a pang of jealousy, before it blossomed into pure love. Kiemeth had waited long enough for Lissa, and she would not lose her to the sea.

User Image

DaisyMilk

Jagmund

"Damn... this Hatching..." He said through the effort to breathe, looking at Haukai with sadness. The woman no doubt felt as down as he did, but she had to keep working through it.

He lay back and allowed her to continue. He found himself thinking about mortality, the fragility of life... he had never thought of it until Talela got sick, and now all this pain and death...

He suddenly felt very grateful towards Haukai. "Thank you..."

tatterpixie

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:56 pm
magnadearel
[
Tsunake
[]

As soon as the green dragon impressed Roana sagged and took a shaky step back. Secretly, she was happy that the murderous green hadn't impressed to her or Iathe. Because what had happened here on the hatching sands would forever colour how each and every person viewed the little dragon. Especially the boy's family and friends, it was clear just from looking he had at least one brother.

She looked over at Rinis who had stepped up beside her to offer support. there was others of course, including the girl that had impressed, but Rinis was closest after Iathe. "Hey, thanks, I didn't think anyone was actually going to listen to me." She told the girl, while at the same time realizing her voice sounded tight and strained. This whole thing was getting to her and she was thinking more and more she should have gone back to Rivercrest after the touching.

Wordlessly she offered Iathe her thanks with a gentle squeeze to her arm. She had been her support while on the sands and in that moment she felt very close to the younger stern candidate. It was good to see impressions start to pick up more smoothly after the sorrowful murder green had made her bond with the white and another green both picking people from the crowd.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:05 pm
Alya and Isilje were both weeping now, and there were tears on Rio's cheeks, too, because it was tragic and terrible. They were all told the risks, but it was one thing to be told and another to know, to see them firsthand, and it hurt. He hadn't known the boy who died, but it hurt anyway, and the keening and the crying hurt more, because he wanted to fix it, but he couldn't. He pulled Alya closer, provided she would allow him to do so, and was about to reach for Isilje when the white came for her, and glowered at him so mistrustfully.

That hurt, too, a little. So he would wrap his arms around Alya while she cried and he did the same, though his own tears were silent ones. Another green passed by, and he regarded it with some concern, but it only glanced and was gone to find its rider.

Tsunake

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Meepfur
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:07 pm
Kiri’s optimism only lasted for so long. Another dragon, a green this time, went on a rampage and Venn could only stand by and watch. It happened so quickly he didn’t quite realize what exactly had occurred for a few moments before it hit him. A Candidate had died. Killed by a dragon.

He had no words. There was nothing but shock and sadness and pain. Although he didn’t know every Candidate well, he had been here for so long that he knew most of those here at least in passing. To see one perish before him hit him hard and it was all he could do to remain on his feet.

Tears formed in Venn’s eyes as he lifted both hands to his face, hiding his expression from the Sands and those there. His shoulders shook slightly as he allowed himself a moment of grief, ignoring everything for a minute or two. This Hatching was brutal and vicious and nothing like the ones he had seen before.

“Please let this end soon,” he said weakly, his voice trembling slightly.

“Masterharper”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:08 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

The pair watched as the second white and then another green paired off. They were slowly whittling down the number of dragonets left to impress. She glanced over to see how her twin was handling it all. Vos figured Ves would probably want to talk it out later. Her eyes drifted back to the sands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

Rinis gave an unsteady smile to Roana. "You'd said the same thing I'd been thinking actually. It only made sense, and it was easier to move with someone." For the first time since this hatching started, Rinis felt like part of a group. It was a nice feeling. She looked longingly over the remaining dragons. "Only a couple handful more," she murmured as if to herself.

Sinders Path

magnadearel

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 pm
Farensil let the boy fall from under her hand and watched with eyes familiar of the scene. The holdsmen who had moved her to the hall she had lived at didn't think she had seen her parents' bodies before she'd been moved, but there was much she hadn't shared with her 'new family', and much she was still interested in keeping her own.

WIth a resolute nod, she moved off to the nearby healers, who'd come to try and help if they could, and asked where to find a blanket and stretcher to relocate the fallen candidate with. Once it had been provided, she carried it back to Huarwar to set up next to the other boy. It didn't take much to realize the other boy would be too much for her alone, so she gingerly set up the blanket next to the body so it could be pulled over when the boy was ready.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:16 pm
BastetAmun
Huarwar

Rylyrr watched Esfir move away towards the green and gave a soft smile at the girl before moving over to the group around the too limp body. He brushed his hair back, looking down and then looked at Huarwar. "I am sorry," He said softly and sincerely. "I can help move him off the sands... If that is what you want."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:16 pm
"Even given the amount of blood, it doesn't look like anything was punctured that's a quick death, like a major artery or organ." The further he cleaned, though, the worse it DID start to look. Nora let out a displeased hum, then waved another healer over. Norathoman was soon far too absorbed in what he was doing, carefully stitching wounds that needed it so nothing was trapped in them and they would stop bleeding, to pay attention to the hatchlings. Other healers were busy, and he had his own task right now. He didn't think he could save the eye, unfortunately - Nobody could. Farellen had a hatchling plow them over now to Impress to him, he was probably never going to Stand for a hatching again.

Letting out a worried chirp, Plague rubbed her face against the least bloody part of Farellen's face she could find, reassuring him as best the flit could.

Sinders Path

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm
~Haukai and blue Corymth~

Haukai looked up at Jagmund's statement of gratitude and met his gaze. "Only doing my job, but you're welcome." The Trauma Healer didn't like getting too close to patients, but she felt a bit of sympathy for this one, and gave him a lopsided smile in return. "Yeah, this Hatching is something else, isn't it? Been keeping me on my toes, that's for sure."

Finishing off the first suture and snipping off the thread, she moved to the next. "How you holding up? Need more numbweed? I've got a whole bucket of it."

ChaosTheories

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm
Lissa

Through all of the chaos and horror and wonder, Lissa had kept herself well off to the side, more and more convinced as she watched that no dragonet would ever have her. What did she have to offer after all? A knowledge of dolphin greetings and how to clean.

Well, she could catch and clean fish too, thanks to her upbringing.

But how did any of that help here? Where one boy lay dead and too many had been hurt? Had she not been sure that she'd be caught, she would have slunk from the sands and called her fire lizards and crept to some out of the way place to weep out her heart-sickness.

No, there was no doubt about it. This hatching would be her last. There was simply no point in staying and wasting Weyr resources.

Even as she was ready to simply give up, she heard a dragon bugling joyfully and found herself smiling wistfully at the sound. At least someone was happy. And then, the world turned upside down as she found herself faced by a green dragonet whose eyes were, for a moment, all the shades of a rainbow.

My beloved! My most precious Lissa! Your Hall might have dolphins, but they do not have me! Would you rather a shipfish than your sweetest Kiemeth? Tell me I am not worth a hundred of them, if you can!

Staring for a moment in sheer, dumb shock, Lissa reached out a trembling hand to the dragon, uncertainty flickering in her eyes. Then, she felt the outpouring of love coming from her Kiemeth and sank to her knees with tears streaming unchecked as she threw her arms around the little green. A soft warble from Kiemeth elicited a hiccupy giggle. No, there was no dolphin that could ever come close to being this wonderful.

I thought not, the thought wasn't smug. Much. Please, Lissamine. I'm hungry and we both must have a break from this chaos.

Well, that was true enough. Planting one last kiss on Kiemeth's snout, Lissa rose to her feet and began to usher her dragon to the tables where food waited.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff