Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Oh dear. Another one of their children was having a bad day. Zinath had been returning Akaris's wave when she took note of a little one fleeing the sands. Dearling, please do not fret. If you wish to come hide under my wing, you might do exactly that.

Her eyes whirled between yellow and orange-red as she heard a certain Brown's thoughts. Huff. But he was not important. Their children were important.

Etansi, dear.

Hattaki
Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:27 pm
Dr'cul and Harneth

Looking up from his task, Dr'cul turned to look at the bonded to the bronze Harneth had been helping. There was a pause some as he looked the boy over before he reached his own hand out and shook it. "Dr'cul." The name Harneth had picked for him was already pretty easy to roll off the tongue for him. Grey eyes moved to look back over what he was doing, making sure he wasn't going to cut himself, though with his surgical skills with a blade, that was very unlikely even if he was distracted.

"No." The answer was curt some, and he felt Harneth's push at him to be nicer about his words, to not just offer curt responses when someone asked a question. "I'm from High Reaches, so I'll be going back there."

Harneth, for his part, was pleased how easily Dr'cul amended his words towards Moseleth's Kamb'i and turned his attention back to his bronze brother as he continued to eat. As he should be. I am very pleased you have chosen such as yours brother. You two will be great together. A nod of the head at how this day had been going so far. You deserve a rest brother. We will join you being oiled once I have gotten my fill. I am quite hungry. His eyes moved back to look lovingly at his bonded, watching the man's slender fingers easily use the knife to cut and fillet the meat so that he could eat it. He truly had chosen just the perfect back for his.

~Kiana_Nala~

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:37 pm
The White Bunny Green continued to move about the Candidates. She watched as one ran off, but then turned back to regard the others. Why were they not all properly cooing over her? Why were they not smitten with her charm?

Finally, determined, the green slunk up to a tall Candidate, and wrapped herself well around him. Others might think the small delicate lady next to such a tall, bumbling man, might be strange... but to this green, it was nothing but perfection.

My sweetest, most faithful Adairan. Your Anxith isn't getting the attention she deserves. Will you not adore me? I promise, I will make the world see how beloved and most perfect you are, if you do the same for me. And with that, the green cuddled up close, content to have found Hers among all the Candidates on the beach.

User Image

DarkHikari

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:38 pm
Etansi

A small patch of calm had been coming over her as she watched the waves, their rhythm at least bringing her halfway back to a calmer state, when a green dragon landed gracefully in the water and set off every alarm she had. Eyes widening, Etansi stepped backward and whirled around to run, only to come face to face with a girl with a face she had seen before. The words she spoke were clear enough, but as the panic of realization that others had seen her blatant weakness and disregard for the most basic of her master’s teachings settled in a rush of tears came harder down her face and her thoughts scattered. Unretrievable in that moment, she scrambled against her gut instinct and every intelligent thought that screamed at her to not go into attack mode. Intelligence scraped a win past instinct and she ran towards the voice that presented itself in her head, the calmest one she’d heard and a recognizable one at that.

All but slamming into Zinath’s side, the small teen buried her face against the dragon’s skin and let a quiet but heart wrenching sob break free past her lips. This at least was a dragon she saw every day, she might not have had any trust built in the green yet, but she felt somewhat more secure under the dragon’s wing and tears ran harder than ever down her face. She was a disgrace, she knew that much and for her to show weakness in front of so many only wrenched at her broken heart more. Until this moment Etansi wasn’t even aware that her heart could feel like this, she thought she’d buried it fully for her own needs. But a heart knew exactly when to break and she had no control over it. Shame or not, all she could do was try and make herself small against the larger form of master A’ral’s green and wait to be thrown away from the Weyr for breaking the rules so thoroughly.

“houllow”

“magnadearel”

“Mx Cherie”

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Tenderly, Zinath curled her wing so that it hid the child from view. She gave the gathering a stern look, lest they disturb her charge. This little one had had a very rough day indeed, and needed some time to recover from the rigors of the day. No one else, after all, felt that they had lost their twin, and very best friend! No, this child needed security and a safe place to cry her heart out. Hush now, it will be all right. My A'ral has already agreed that you shall have your breaks when your brother does. All is not lost. Her soothing, gentle voice was for Etansi and Etansi alone.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:43 pm
P'rell

"I have cream back in my weyr. It's not like I planned on taking a last minute day trip south today." P'rell poked Aly'on's side. "Not everyone carries around two extra changes of clothing just in case." He walked as he talked, threading his way back through the crowd and towards the healers. Already, removed from the press of bodies, the breeze felt cool against his burning skin.

Shaddaling
Aly'on

houllow
If you want soui to step in there's a blond lobster walking your way

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:48 pm
???? The sand shook again. Susurinth did lean down, and with a brush of her nose, revealed exactly what had been hidden. Another egg, this one small, and a mix of pale orange and purple!

So it was, the egg gave a few more shakes, before out came a blue nose, and then a blue head. Though the egg was partially buried, it didn't take long for the little blue to roll out of his shell, and land with a squeak. Though he was sand covered, he looked up at the Purple Patterned Egg and gave an encourage cheep.

That was all the egg seemed to be waiting for.

With one big wobble, the egg fell to the side, cracking in the sand, as a brown dragonet pushed his way out. He stumbled to his feet, before heading over to where the mystery blue was waiting.

The two nuzzled up together, before deciding to face the crowd. Hmm. There were still so many to choose from! Twining tails, loosely, the brown and brown took their first steps towards the Candidates.... The blue hung close to the brown, a bit too shy to face down all these people alone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 pm
[ soui ]

Soui had managed to make her way to where she should be, or at least close enough, and she prepared for whatever lecture would come her way. The apprentice knew her actions were not what was expected of her and she certainly didn't behave in the way a healer should have, and maybe now she wouldn't even be allowed to come back and ever watch another hatching. Thankfully her lecture would be delayed thanks to the approach of a man who looked downright....toasted.

" . . . . " Soui quickly went out to him and motioned for the rider to get out of the sun. Likely he was suffering from heatstroke, if not at least some form of heat exhaustion, and she knew just what to do. "Go ahead and take your shirt off please, I'll be back with something cool." The healers had prepped things for just this reason, and Soui knew just what to do.

Dizzy_Kat

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:54 pm
How had that bully managed to Impress a bronze anyway? Marinel was trying to swallow the lump in his throat—maybe the guy was right. Maybe he wouldn’t be picked. Maybe he was in the shadow of his brother. He sighed and kicked at the sand.

He made his way to Omurntas, sighing. “Well, we’re still here.” He said, and studied his friend. “Killa’s going to be furious with me, she’s been counting on me Impressing.” But he hadn’t been standing for the gold. He’d never been standing for the gold.

“Think one of them is yours?”  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:56 pm
Zarike

Crisis seemingly adverted with the runaway candidate, Zarike stepped back into line. The number of eggs left unhatched seemed to be dwindling down. Even a white had cracked it's own shell!... sort of in a way. He watched as another blue crawled out of the sand then waited for it's brown brother to hatch, smiling when the two twined tails together. It seemed that a handful of the hatchlings here had paired off together before even cracking their shells. Zarike wondered if that was because of their isolation out here on the island.

Either way, this pair was painfully cute. He hoped they'd pick candidates from the same weyr.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:56 pm
Aly'on

He gave a less then elegant snort that half turned into a chortle at the extra clothing comment. "Well, I like to be prepared and I will give you that." Poor P'rell was turning into a lobster.

He gave a slight smile at the healer and chuckled more. "Do you want some privacy to take off your clothing?" He teased.

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:00 pm
Zyanzi let out a coo of surprise and delight when the queen revealed another egg that quickly hatched into a blue beauty. And then another happy noise as another egg hatched revealing a brown dragonet! Ahhhh! "Beautiful darlings!" He quickly stepped back, trying hard not make too much noise. These two beauties deserved two wonderful candidates and he did not want to inhibit that. Perhaps they could be his darling, perhaps not. But he was undoubtedly happy.

He let out a breath as he walked toward the other candidates, still wiping sand from his face and front. And this is when he noted that Ezy was gone. His eyes shot around worriedly until... was... was that a Gold?! He covered his mouth to suppress a squeal. "Ezy!!" He let the softest of squeaks, but did not want to impede by approaching her and her beautiful darling.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:00 pm
Kinyegele

"Oh!" the mother had unearthed another baby! A little blue it seemed - and just in time! The little green had headed off to find hers. She watched the impression with a content expression. Greens were wonderful, after all.

But then came another crack and another egg split open - the purple one! And out onto the sands came another brown, who seemed very content to start his walks with the blue! "They're friends!" she beamed, very happy for them.

-----

Juhvek

Ah! A little blue had been hiding, and it seemed he needed a dear friend to face the day. Justin time too, as a second brown spilled onto the sands and began to make his rounds, though most people were still assembled in their line from the bronze earlier.

Well, they'd have to see what came of this.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:03 pm
Harol - Western

Harol made a mental note to perhaps bring something to write with the next time he attended a Hatching, to make notes on eggs, hatchlings, notable interactions, and of course impressions! All things considered this had been a pretty mellow Hatching. Sure, there was that blue that briefly detoured for a tunnel snake hunt, and that poor girl was really upset. The green was doing well to help soothe her, give the youngster a break from the scrutiny of the gathered folks. Blue, the sleepy Queen, a white, and a green all found their bondmates I’m decently short order. So far no bloodshed. All in all, not a bad event, sun exposure not withstanding. Ah, there had been a hidden egg, from which emerged a seemingly shy little blue. He waited until a brown sibling joined him in short order. A close pair of brothers from the looks of it too. The Harper folded his hands on his lap, casually looking through the faces of the remaining candidates, checking in on his own sibling. She was doing fine, looking a bit sunburned but she was fine.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:04 pm
[ green oyath ]

With the girl running off to someone else, that was enough to satisfy the green. Taking back off into the air, she continued to circle and watch the hatching below. The release of a surprise egg was nice enough, but this still wasn't the bed she'd seen.

Overall it was 5/10 still watching, unsure why  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces