Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:04 pm

At last, the reason that Susurinth had not moved herself even at the sight of her hatchling battling a tunnelsnake became clear. The egg that had cracked slightly so early on in the Hatching was revealed when the clutchmother lifted her wing. Purple Peep egg shuddered, a tremor ghosting along its shell. At first it seemed ponderously slow, but then quite suddenly the whole egg lifted off of the sands for a time, only for four bronze legs to push through.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:08 pm
P'rell

Yes. Yes he did as a matter of fact! Why did it seem people were trying to get him undressed today? He might not have complained on any other day but now, he wasn't feeling good. Away from the distraction of the hatching and he was finally noticing how entirely rotten he actually felt. He could feel a headache coming on that wasn't just from being told off by another's dragon.

P'rell sighed and loosened the rolled sleeves of his borrowed shirt before reaching over his head and dragging it off. He hissed as even the smooth fabric felt like burlap on his burned arms and neck. Harsh lines showed where the shirt had done some good in protecting his fair chest and back. They were pink, but that only emphasized how incredibly red the rest of him was. "Oh." He hadn't realized. "Oh my poor skin!" What horror had he done to himself!

He looked up at Aly'on and gestured with the shirt in his hands. "I can take it back and have it washed if you'd like."

houllow
[ soui ]

Shaddaling

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:14 pm
Riders
Vosin and Gold Killakeeth- W
She was pleased to see Susurinth reveal a small egg hidden in the sand. They are lucky the tunnelsnake didn’t get it, Killakeeth commented to hers. She nodded and smiled as a blue emerged from the tiny egg and got together with a newly hatched brown from the Purple Patterned. What a cute pair they made!

Thaliawen
Mari

hattaki
Etansi

Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath- HR
The pair was oblivious to any criticism toward them. Ly’bur was pleased when another brown finally hatched from Purple Patterned. This clutch had been seriously lacking in browns in his opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:15 pm
High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
Makim was delighted as another egg was freed from the sands and a happy blue dragon came out. Along with encouraging one of the few remaining eggs to hatch. He thought the pair was pretty cute together. Nothing like having a friend right?

Nalacko
She sighed softly at the adorable blue and brown pair. They were certainly giving each other encouragement. Kind of like some of the candidates were doing with each other. She liked having friends around too.

Hattaki
Rizdax

SilverLutz
Shar

Ruhane Chiisai
Farensil

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:15 pm
Western Candidates
Rinis
Rinis sighed softly to herself. She’d tried to help, but at least the girl had run to a green. Feeling better the girl had someone to look after her, she turned back to the hatching dragons. The sweet White Bunny green had easily made her match.

Alone again, Rinis gave her attention to the dragons. It made her feel just a tiny bit lonely to see the blue and brown happy together. No matter! She had L’saen and Solouth. Always and forever. And Chaek.

Aukai Oceansoul
L’saen/Solouth

hattaki
Etansi- I’m sorry. XD

Omurntas
An egg hidden in the sand? He wouldn’t have thought it had been good for the contents, but what did he know of dragon eggs? Omurn eyed the blue, but couldn’t tell anything different between it and the other blues who’d hatched. Whatever worked right?

Omurn blinked as one of the candidates from before joined him again. “Aye, I guess so.” He tilted his head curiously. Omurn figured he was speaking of the gold search dragon. “Why? I mean beyond the obvious?” Everyone standing wanted to impress right? Erm, well he wasn’t totally sure about himself yet either. He was still waiting to see, and wasn’t convinced yet the gold hadn’t made a mistake. He glanced over the dragons walking around. “I dunno. You?”

Thaliawen
For Mari

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:16 pm
Baihath snickered at the indignant response, rearing on his hind legs once he'd backed off to playfully paw at the air. No, I'm not! We can play now, Sahrawith! He giggled and rolled in the sand until he was on his back, all four legs clawing at the air. Alya suppressed a giggle too, rushing over to beam at the green's rider. "Sorry, sorry! He's just feeling really playful!" He was always playful, she could tell, but no need to let him no that.

Papa! Baihath cried, immediately rolling to his feet and bolting towards the huge bronze and his mother. Papa! Play? He wriggled from head to tail, lining himself up before he pounced with delight at enormous father's forepaw. Alya gave another squeak, but was covering her mouth to keep from laughing. Baihath, come back!

The white dragon was affectionately gnawing at his father's foreclaws, his tail thumping at the sands. Play with him, dad!

houllow

Mx Cherie

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Rizdax

He of course had seen some of the chaos happening outside of the sands, but his attention was drug back by the sudden appearance of not one but two new eggs from beneath the queen and the sand. Excitement made his heart race a bit as Riz pondered the chances he had to impress surrounded by so many. Would he even be lucky enough to?

Reaching out he took Nalacko’s hand once more and squeezed it gently to let her know he was really paying attention. Really! He was just pulled towards the last of the eggs and hope...

“magnadearel”

[ b]soui ]

It only took a few moments for the apprentice to come back with several strips of something in her hands. There was a strong smell on them, plus they looked wet, and Soui came over and carefully laid one strip right across the man's chest. It was really pungent, but certainly it would feel cool and cooling against flesh not entirely burned.

"These strips have aloe on them, which are good for healing, plus a tiny bit of numbweed for the pain." It explained the gloves she appeared to have on her hands, and as she finished resting all the strips she looked at the man who was with this patient. "Are you in need of treatment too? No need to be modest, if you're in pain I'd like to try and help." As if she hadn't seen more than her fair share of naked people.

Dizzy_Kat

Shaddaling

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm
Aly'on

"Ooh dear, I didn't know it would be that bad P'rell."That was rather awful and suddenly he was so thankful for his own warm toned skin and that he rarely burned and such his sibblings had less of a chance. They were all darker toned then he was. "Don't worry about the shirt. I can clean it..."He replied, reaching out to take it.

He blinked at the healer and smiled brightly. "Ooh, no. I am perfectly fine, but thank you for asking." He might be a bit sweaty but certainly not burning.

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

Small edit
houllow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:18 pm
Juhvek

Another bronze!

Juhvek looked at the egg that had been so carefully tucked behind his mother's wing and the limbs that emerged. Well, perhaps there would be some hope for the boys who were dreaming of a bronze of their own a reality still. He wasn't sure if that interested more than the blue and the brown.

Maybe some sullen faces would brighten up at this additional luck.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:19 pm
————Jacquol————

Awww, how cute! The buried blue (hidden treasure, some part of her mind thrilled!) was walking step by step with his brown brother...though he looked a bit shy. No worries, little guy! Brown bro won't let anything go wrong, she was sure. And then seeing what...was, well, basically an egg on legs just about made the rest of her day. Forget impressing, this clutch had been full of fun, friendly dragons! No one'd been bitten or anything, and they'd gotten quite a show out of it all! Obviously it wasn't over quite yet, but who cared? This clutch was an A+ in her book!

————Zelaya————

Zelaya did her very best to linger in the depths of the crowd. Enough candidates around her and you could barely tell that she wasn't dressed to code. The temptation to leave the beach was in full swing now, but they'd been told quite firmly to not irritate any babies, and to not try to leave. She'd forgotten upon walking down into the mob, but had since recalled. At least the hatchlings around seemed gentle. The sight of the blue and brown almost embracing warmed her heart, and she found herself, maybe for the first time since hitting the beach, smiling.

The egg-on-legs, however, made the smile falter. Uhm. Shouldn't somebody help them so they could...see? Careful not to fall over!

————Oseathiol————

"Oh! Really? Well, that'd be quite the treat!" He was all a flutter at the thought! Getting to sit with a rider atop their...what? Green? Maybe a fine strapping blue? It was like a dream! Sure, his brother'd let him atop his bronze several times before, but that didn't matter. Any time, it was just a treat. "Has, hasn't the clutch been just splendid!" With the awkwardness passed (or perhaps with the prospect of dragon interaction filling his mind) the man seemed almost...well. On earth he'd have seemed like a bit of a nerd, really. Just ready to gush about his favorite obsession. It was somewhat tempered at least by his continued sense of propriety and decorum. "That charming little gold, and the bronzes, and now those brothers, walking almost arm in arm. Or is it, ah, tail in tail?"
Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:20 pm
Ezyzu - Impression Post - Western Weyrling

Things were certainly rolling right along! The little blue’s impression, the little green’s sad cry--another green hatching, just full of life! It made her smile, so happy to see things were going so smooth now after the scare of the tunnelsnake. With just a few eggs left to hatch and babies to make their choices, the hatching was certainly on its way to wrapping up nice and without much drama.

A wave of happiness at seeing another hatching complete, of dragons choosing their riders, had left Ezyzu a touch short-sighted. Perhaps that’s why she failed to notice when the bright golden dragon came to her side. The voice in her head, the sleepy dulcet tone in which her name was said so reverently. Khamaith. A name that nestled in her soul like the piece she never quite realized was missing. Ezy is barely able to look down at those wondrous rainbow facets before Khamaith is half leaping up--and she barely catches an arm under her forelegs to not send them toppling into the sand. Tears start to gather in her eyes, turning her head to nestle against Khamaith’s under her chin. “You are most precious to me, Khamaith. I have waited a very long time to meet you.”

Was it worth the wait? Her voice is soft, half drifting off in the comfort of her new bond’s arms and the warmth of the sand and sun.

’I would wait as long as I had to for you, my precious sunshine.’ As the tears had gathered, so now they started to fall. Ezyzu dips her head down, pressing a gentle kiss to Khamaith’s eye ridge. The sleepy queen crooned, soft and gentle. ’I know you desire naps, dearest. But aren’t you the least bit famished? It has been such a long day.’

Khamaith took a moment to answer, and for a moment Ezyzu thought for sure her most beloved had fallen asleep. I suppose I am. But I would very much like to nap afterwards.

“Perhaps a nap while I get you oiled?” Ezyzu giggled, gently lowering Khamaith back down to the sand. The little gold nestled against her leg, a warm, quiet agreement as they started for the edge of the sands and towards where their fellow weyrlings. Ezyzu peeked over her shoulder, waving to Vash and beaming at Zyanzi as she went. Hopefully there would be time later where she could visit with her new friends. But first, to get a sleepy queen nice and fed.

Kyrieko
For a wave ♡

Mewsings of An Angel
For a wave ♡

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Cordrath bent his neck, letting his immense bulk shift slightly, allowing the little White to play with his wedge shaped head. My dear son, do try to remember to eat. You will need energy to play as hard as you might like. All the same, he nuzzled his child, giving an affectionate rumble.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:23 pm
“Dunno,” Mari said, and offered the other candidate a shrug. “Maybe that one’s yours,” he pointed. “Or that one.” He paused and looked around. “Look, a bronze!”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:23 pm
Rio

He had sand everywhere. In his hair, in his robes, and sticking to sweat-damp skin. Also in his mouth. But that was fine. It was all fine. He sat as he was for long enough to catch his breath before hopping to his feet, a motion that looked smooth and coordinated but was, just possibly, not the best idea he'd ever had, after diving into the sand, being thwacked by an egg, and getting bounced on by a hatchling. He winced a bit, but...still fine. Yep.

Once upright, he shook what sand he could out of his hair and robes before grinning at his remaining companions. "Well, that happened."

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas