Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Character Pages & Journals
[J] Pach's Crew Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:02 pm
I'han of Blue Houleth
Original Profile

Name: I'han
Nameday: 3558.01.07
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Lol
Weyr: High Reaches Weyr
Rider Rank: Weyrling
Previous Rank/Craft: No official craft
Physical Description: I'han is fairly average in height for a Pernese man, with dark brown hair, medium tan skin, and dark eyes. He has a perpetually tired look to him with dark circles underneath his eyes.
Personality: I'han really doesn't want to have to reacher higher than he absolutely has to. Responsibility doesn't suit him. Rank chasing has long lost it's appeal and frankly he likes the idea of riding a dragon without all of the...added padding of being in charge of others. Unfortunately for him, all of that is really what his father has expected of him his entire life. Yawn.

There is a tired air around I'han that makes him look permanently disinterested in the happenings around him. Everybody's business isn't his own and he's happy to not stick his nose in it...but man if he could put a little more effort into his own dealings that would be great. He is not the kind to drink himself silly after what should be a great disappointment, or wholly invest himself into a relationship that may end within a week or two. Friendships with I'han are on the difficult side - he just doesn't quite have that Oomph to show he cares.

I'han is sharp as a tack and uses what wits he has to keep from having to work harder than he has to, whether it is appeasing his father's wishes or chores that need to be done by him getting completed to 'acceptable enough to not be asked to fix it and maybe they won't ask me again next time'. It isn't that I'han exactly has anything better to do, he simply doesn't want to be doing this! I'han has no grand ambitions - he simply moves away from pain, rather than towards pleasure.

On the flip side, he is a very easy person to please and doesn't require a lot of attention. He's very low maintenance and is happy to take as much minimal effort as he puts out. Forgotten Nameday? Forgiven. Forgot his name? That's fine! He can be taken for a ride if someone shows a larger amount of interest than expected, however. His lack of desire keeps him from holding grudges or having it in him to be angry, leaving him very mellow.
Positive Trait List Smart, Low Maintenance, Mellow
Negative Trait List Disinterested, Uninvested, Unmotivated
History: I'han was born Icthan, son of bronzerider I'ian, and as far as I'ian cared his only child was his first born (as far as he knew) son. Icthan was laiden with his father's expectations from an early age. Born on the Southern Continent, his father's ambitious mindset slowly pushed the man farther away from Southern Weyr, where he'd lived with his son. When the boy turned 15, his father was transferred to High Reaches Weyr - barely in time to be considered for a recent clutch.

He would be grateful to not impress. I'ian would be less pleased that the single bronze of the clutch, a large and strong one at that, didn't even seem to give his son a second glance. But the clutch did give Icthan something else to mull over - a girl with the same face as him who had impressed a blue. The similarity in name didn't go unnoted either. When asked, his father would give a dismissive 'possibly' to the notion that the girl, Ichta of Blue Aurinkoth, was his sister.

Icthan would not pursue posing the same question to her, however. He had no reason to find out the answer to such things. Instead, he would duck his head and keep from standing out - which would perhaps be why the next few clutches looked over the young man. He didn't worry for it, however.

Just as he didn't fuss during the chaos of The Magic Clutch as dragonets launched themselves at candidates and each other. What would come would come, after all, and - NO! NO NO! THIS IS NOT WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING! despite yelling as loud as he could, the little blue's baby voice seemed to be doing nothing. He stomped, he postured, and he huffed. And you! Do you even want to impress a dragon? Honestly! Icthan was taken aback by the sudden burst of raw feeling from the little blue.

"Nothing I do will make them want me harder..." he defended meekly, drawing the little blue's ire further.

HOW CAN THEY WANT YOU IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM? he howled, making the boy wince and cover his ears - as though it would help.

"I never said I don't want th-"

Then say you want me! It wasn't a demand - it was a plea.

"I....I want you...." it was impossible to not reneg to it, especially as the little blue inched closer, head resting against the boy's stomach and looking up at him pleadingly.

Again.

"I want you," It was easier to say that time.

Good. Because you were going to belong to your Houleth whether you said it or not.

I'han's father would not be pleased with the choice, but I'han would hear nothing to the contrary - it had been Houleth's choice, after all.
Other: Half brother to Ichta.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

DRAGON
Name: Houleth
Origin of Name: Houle was believed to be an imitative sound that later became the basis of the word Howl.
Inspiration: A Howler is a blood-red letter sent to signify extreme anger or to convey a message very loudly and publicly. When it is opened, the sender's voice, which has been magically magnified to a deafening volume, bellows a message at the recipient and then self-destructs itself by burning. If it is not opened or there is a delay in opening it, the letter smolders, explodes violently, and shouts the message out even louder than normal.
Personality: Everybody watch out - headache incoming! Houleth is a very particular dragon and he has no problem making sure everybody around him knows what is expected. He likes his meals a particular way, he likes what company he keeps to act a particular way, and he would like everybody to stay in their assigned seats please! Yes, this blue is a traditionalist at heart and sees absolutely no problem with that - doing what you're told is how you stay alive thank you very much!

Underneath the surface of his particular soul bubbles endless frustration - and everybody is going to hear about it. Houleth is no small amount of a tattle-tail and will be prone to fighting with his siblings both verbally and physically. If a dragon higher up the chain than him expresses rules to be a certain way, you bet your tail he is going to play the enforcer to make sure everybody knows that they've done wrong when they step out of line. This does include himself, however, and should he break even the smallest of rule Houleth will be running into the claws of punishment to accept what he has earned.

In turn, Houleth is a very reliable dragon. He will always be where he was asked to be when he is needed. He will twist himself inside out to make sure everything expected of him does not fall short. He is honest and true to his core - and expresses himself accordingly. No feeling is tucked away. Affection and anger are both expressed to the fullest. He will never be a malicious dragon - he simply wants what is best for everybody. If only they could see that.
Size: 24'
Physical Attributes: Already a small dragon for his size, Houleth is not particularly muscled, nor is his lankiness particularly lovely to look at. His chest is almost comically large compared to the rest of his body - a perfect echo chamber for his naturally booming voice.
Additional Notes: Houleth has a naturally louder-than-almost-everybody-else voice - something he'll have to be reminded to keep to indoor tones.

As part of staying in his assigned seat, Houleth will never be inclined to chase golds (he saw u all last flight). Greens are 10/10 where it is at. How he'll feel about being caught himself remains to be seen.

Why Me: Icthan doesn't want to climb the ladder and thank goodness for that! Houleth could never pick someone who wanted to go farther than he could take them - and they both seem to agree that playing on a lower seat is the place to be. Icthan's lack of burning passion will hopefully be ignited by the large amounts of it that Houleth has and perhaps it will even take the edge of of the blue's bitier emotions and help him take a bit of a chill pill. They're both good hearted boys and their love for each other will ground them when their fire and ice battle it out a bit.

Dragon Art or Proof of Obtainment: NPC Disney Song & Harry Potter Clutch Contest: Winners!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:03 pm

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:04 pm

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Character Pages & Journals

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games