Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm
Damon looked obidiently at the blue, the derg with style. He was intrigued that the little superstar had waited until now to reveal himself again in the limelight.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm
The Wraith Green
This green finally drifted among the Candidates. She periodically bumped into them, like Rennati, Farensil, and Beligian but would always correct herself wordless, and carry on. Her movements were gentle as she weaved her way in and out, drifting over the sands like a ghost. Now and then she'd stop an freeze, as if lost, before she'd carry on again just as suddenly.

Where she was going, no one would could say....

Until the green quietly, silent, sidled up to a boy Tacelon. Ah-ha. Now this was the one who stood out from them all. Looking up at the young man, she offered a quiet trill, just for him, as her eyes whirled rainbow. She wrapped the boy up in her love, and sent him all her hidden affection and admiration. He would understand her best. My Tacelon... I've dreamed of meeting Mine for as long as I've been shelled. Never shall you need doubt yourself, for your Taivshath is here. Your dreams are my dreams, now, and I won't stop until they all come true. It was the most this little green had said . . . ever. And though it exhausted her, she did not care if he replied or not. They didn't need words... they only needed one another.

User Image

The Mauve Blue
WELL WASN'T THIS JUST GRAND.

No one was paying attention to him anymore, and his sisters were going crazy, and gosh darnit, everyone was worried about some dead Candidate than him! This wasn't right at all! How was he supposed to rise up in rank and show his incredible awesomeness when everyone was rattled up? Death sucked for those who died, but everyone needed to remember that they were still alive! Better yet, HE was still alive!

Well, this was going to have to be remedied. He pushed aside Candidates as he could, and stomped up to His... but left more than a few feet between them. Bugling loudly -- and no he didn't care who got upset by the noise -- dragon's eyes whirled rainbow as Impression was made.

My Phayton! Stop fussing with that girl and come to your Tinanath! Life won't stop, and I won't let it pass us by. Now, stop pouring your heart and soul into someone that isn't me, and let's go eat! I'm starved!
It's been a long day, and you need me more than ever.
He waited expectantly for the man to come over, sending him waves of love, affection, admiration, and more than a little expectation.

Ha! This would show them all! See? He was just as good at commands as Strigonth. Hmph!

User Image

mewrose

tatterpixie

Masterharper
Vice Captain

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

Insert wittiness here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

For a moment she stood still. Perhaps it would be better for a woman to help that particular green. Rinis sighed and moved to help Kieza and Suwayeth. She knelt down on the green's opposite side. "Let's carry her to the healers, ok?" She waited for the rider's orders before moving any closer to the green.

Mewsings of An Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm
A D A R

As distracted as she was by two greens and the white Impressing theirs, the call for help from the girl that Impressed the previously aggressive, mauling green. The poor little thing seemed just...exhausted. Help was being requested and she was needing to eat. With so much going on, it wouldn't be such a leap to think that there wasn't much left in the green's supply of energy. Wiping her face, Adar strode over, slowing as she neared, dropping into a squat next to them, her voice soft and a little hoarse from her roiling emotions. She sniffled and offered a smile. "Hey, my name is Adar and I'll help you get her off the Sands at least. Is she feeling any place that is feeling especially tender? Or does she just need a bit of a boost to the sidelines?" She looked up to Rinis and nodded. "What she said."

Mewisings of An Angel

magnadearel

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm
His awareness of the Djinn had never truly gone away through all that had happened, but the sudden mental attention had Oerlen standing taller once more, his eyes drawn to the little blue. He absently tilted his head to one side as he watched the dragon's strut, a smirk returning to his lips despite the death and the anger and his silly looking nibbled on robe.

The hatchling was the focus of at least one person on the sands, at the very least, though Oer expected that wouldn't be good enough.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 pm
Tsunake

magnadearel

Roana felt mentally and physically drained, on top of that she realized with some surprise, she was hungry. But not surprising really. The call had come before midday meal and now it was stretching into the long evening hours. As the sands emptied Roana was thinking less of impression and more of the chance of food and her bed, Nyeh to keep her company, and getting away with no more injuries or death. Surely not too much to ask for.

She saw the same bone deep weariness in Iathe but also the growing despondency as more and more of the hatchlings impressed. She also realized with a jolt that Iathe was of high reaches, not Western, if she didn't impress it was a possibility they would never see each other again. "Oh don't look so down.There are still a number of blues looking to impress. And the rider that searched me is a blue rider, she's....not so bad, but her blue is an utter sweet heart, there is still a good chance."

Then she latched onto Rinis' suggestion "Oh, thats a good point, I hadn't even noticed there was still an egg to hatch, the evenings not over yet." She tried to sound upbeat, even as two others left the sands with the last green and a blue.

Roana just wanted to get the hatching over with but since she was making an effort to keep on a positive face she turned to Rinis. "My name is Roana by the way, and this is Iathe." But nope. Rinis was gone too, off to help the poor despondent green that was still sprawled on the sands.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:47 pm
L'nik and Brown Hessianth

With his free hand, only free for a brief moment, L'nik motioned for a healer to be ready for them. Then he took up Dezerac's weight, bolstered by the pride that radiated from his bonded. Yes, he was doing his brown (his) proud and it would make the transport a little easier. "I can't say no - and I think Hessianth would have some choice words for me if we didn't try." I had no doubts you'd join me. the brown assured. Just like I don't think that boy is going to enjoy red meat for a while. I'll eat his share. That's awful. It is. But it's probably true.

Hessianth thrummed back at the bronze as he made his way across the sands, supporting his brother as they made their way towards the Weyrling's table and into the arms of waiting healers. While neither boy nor brown would relinquish their support readily, L'nik careful as he helped with getting Dezerac seated and Hessianth remaining next to Vedmath as the two settled down. Yours is of good stock as well. Not many would fight a fierce hatchling off of another. Here. I'll have mine bring food for both of us and I will stay with you. After all, he'd already enjoyed his chuckle at Strigonth and his chosen, and L'nik returned in record time with the two buckets of meat and a knife.

He clearly intended to chop meat for both dragons - though he carefully handed any pieces for Vedmath off to Dezerac to feed his own dragon. Hessianth didn't seem inclined to have any other hands near his head, so he simply assumed that Vedmath would be the same way.

Meepfur
I got them off the sands a bit. L'nik will take care of choppin' food while the healers see to the boys wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
~Phayton~

The number of Candidates and hatchlings were dwindling, Phayton noticed as he looked around. So were his chances of Impressing out of this clutch. Maybe that was for the better. Still, he was going to stick it out to the end -- it wasn't in him to quit.

A loud bugling off to his side startled him. My Phayton! Stop fussing with that girl and come to your Tinanath!

"...What?" He jumped at the sound and the voice echoing imperiously in his head and looked around for the source, finally noticing the bright blue dragonet standing there and staring at him, its eyes whirling rainbows. "You? Me?"

As soon as he said it, he knew it. Life won't stop, and I won't let it pass us by Tinanath continued with a bit of a hmph. Doubt? Not on HIS watch! Now, stop pouring your heart and soul into someone that isn't me, and let's go eat! I'm starved!

Phayton half-ran, half-stumbled over to the dragonet and fell to his knees in front of him. He'd been told, of course, what Impression was like, but even that and years of standing on the Sands couldn't prepare him for the actual feeling. It was more than love, more than... than anything he had ever felt, and the intensity of it brought tears to his eyes.

He touched Tinanath's head, running his fingers over the dragonet's knobs and eye ridges. Then he got his senses back and laughed. "Yes, let's go eat! I'm starved too -- I missed dinner for you! And klah! I need klah!" Standing, he led his bonded -- his bonded -- off the Sands. The grin that was on his face, lopsided and derpier than ever, wasn't going away any time soon.

Finally. FINALLY. And what a pair they'd make!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:55 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

Killakeeth rumbled softly and shifted on her spot. Vosin reached up to absentmindedly scratch the large golden head that lowered into her reach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

"Rinis," she replied to Roana by way of introduction. "Nice to meet you both. If you'll excuse me a moment?"

She gave a smile to the other candidate who also came over to help. At least the green wouldn't be snubbed for her mauling that resulted in a death. Not by them anyhow. She still wouldn't want to be this pair when they had to face the family of that boy. But for now the dragonet needed care and food, maybe not in that order either. She figured if they at least got her off the sands they could be taken care of properly by those who knew.

"I'm Rinis," she introduced herself to Kieza, Suwayeth, and Adar. Adar had a good point in asking if the green had any wounds. They wouldn't want to pick her up those. It would hurt!

Sinders Path

Mewsings of An Angel

Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:06 pm
Kieza and Green Suwayeth

The girl was shocked when not just one, but two came forward to aid her and a feeling of deep relieve rolled through her. Someone would help, she wasn't alone! Kieza smiled softly, looking up at the two. She did not know them, but she thanked them regardless! At Adar's words, Kieza looked down at her dragon again. My wing... my wing... It hurts so much! And my stomach gnaws so painfully! The dragonet creeled loudly, it's head raising to butt gently at the two girls' who were so close to her, filling them both with a sense of sorrow at the terror she had wrought. "She... her wing, I think it might be broken, or at least fractured." Kieza said, stroking the beautiful hatchling's neck softly. "And she is incredibly hungry, she is making my stomach clench with it!" A weak laugh left her mouth as she wiped sand and dried tears from her face.

She stood, her steps a touch weak, her knees blood and swelling, but she had not registered the pain in the least, or cared to think about it. Only her dragon mattered. "I'm... Kieza. Thank you, I can't put into words how much it means to help!" She said breathlessly, staring at the two. Suwayeth tried to let loose a pleasant bugle, but it came out more of diminutive squeak in her want to thank the two. She wasn't evil, please don't think she's evil!

magnadearel

Avid_RPer18

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:10 pm
Jagmund

If it had been any other day in any other situation, he would have put on the charm. Positive attention from someone had that effect on him. But right now he was too busy trying not to pass out and die to be much of a charmer. Not to mention his looks were not up to his usual standards at present.

"My ribs... anything for those?" He asked, talking with slightly more confidence now that the numbweed was working into his wounds. It still hurt to breathe, though. Who knew such an essential function could be so painful?

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:13 pm
She jumped a little at the words, flushing when Rinoa called her out. Had she been that obvious? The mention of a blue rider made her frown doubtfully. Of course there were female blue riders.... "Growing up in High Reaches...." She shook her head, grunting with irritation at herself. "The only way I ever thought I could help people would be to Impress a queen.... or, failing that, a green. People look to dragonriders to protect them from Thread. On a fighting dragon, I could do that much..."

Her voice trailed off, staring at the remaining hatchlings and egg. She could do that on a blue or a brown, too. And hadn't she told the Angel egg that she wanted to rise to the top so she could better protect those who couldn't protect themselves?

"I'm tired." She finally growled. She didn't want to think about the fact that she might not see Roana again--so she refused to. There'd be time for that later.

Sinders Path

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:18 pm
~Haukai and blue Corymth~

Haukai pondered for a minute. "Best I can do here is wrap 'em for you. They'll reset in time, and you'll be just fine." She leaned in conspiratorially. "I, um, can also slip you a tiny bit of fellis for the pain. Just a bit," she said with a wink. "You've been a model patient. Not even a yelp when you were getting sewn back together."

Sitting back on her heels, she put her hands on her hips. "Well, my friend, what do you say?"

ChaosTheories

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:26 pm
Isilje

She'd been about to be sick. Everything had hurt, tears still falling, fogging up red glass. Her body had pressed close to the comfort of her two new friends, as she tried to come to reason with what was going on on the sands. There had been so much blood spilled, so many people whose lives were senselessly lost to the claws and maws of small hatchlings. She'd watched something she couldn't remember seeing the likes of back at High Reaches...and the girl wasn't entirely sure how she felt about this. More than half of her wanted to go home by now, her heart aching, the tears falling faster...and so she fell to her knees. Her heart broke for each and everyone one...Whether she knew them or not, their lives were so important, so WORTHY for every moment they'd had....and one had lost it all...his twin was in agony, and-

Isilje, Mine. Fall upon me with your tears, your fears, your hurts, your anxieties. Your Brancath will protect you, and keep you from harm.
What? It took a moment for her to register that there was a voice in her head. Sure, she'd had dragons speak to her before, once or twice. But it hadn't felt like this. All of a sudden, it was like there was this warm wave of warmth that washed over her entire body, making her gasp. Slowly, very slowly, she pushed her hood back, tugging the crimson-tinted goggles up in to white hair, tangling ever so with the strands as she looked at a white hide. WHITE. Like her own self, and whirling rainbow eyes. Whites, she'd been told, were delicate little things, a rare color to see unless they'd been ripped from their eggs. To have two such in the same clutch....it was madness to a young mind.

I have waited for you, and like my Sister, I will fight for you, I will defend you, and I will die for you. I will be your shield, and all that you need, from this day forward. Die? No no no no. Her hands moved to touch a tiny, delicate cheek, gently tracing the curve of her jaw, pale blue-violet eyes stuck in whirling rainbow hues, "Please promise you won't ever die for me, Brancath...I don't want you to ever die or go Between..." Her voice was soft, shaking, as tears of abject sorrow became some of joy. Her heart was still breaking, though for different reasons. Faranth help her, the thought that this was her dragon was still so foreign, but as white wings wrapped about her head, obscuring her from Rio and Alya's view, she pressed her own forhead to the small white's, reveling in that private moment that they had, "As long as you stay with me always, little one, I'll be happy...I just want you....and your happiness."

As I want yours, Isilje mine. You and I will do great things, as all women are destined to do....we will show all of Pern what we are made of, and you? You are my dearest love. Her croon was plaintive and loving, as the tiny girl scooped her dragonet in to a hug, before slowly standing, leaving Hers the dignity of walking. Her smile turned on Rio and Alya, bright, tear-stained, "Meet Brancath....I...We should go eat something." She hugged Alya first, "It'll be okay." And then Rio, "Thank you so much." She ignored Brancath's mental scoff, a commentary of why exactly she shouldn't have hugged him rolling in her mind...and then they turned to be on their way. Time to go feed her hatchling.

Tsunake

Meepfur

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:27 pm
Oh, but it was awful. Venn no longer cared if he Impressed or not, he just wanted to get out of this alive. So far the dragons had spared him but he knew that could change at any moment. He just wished for the rest to Impress so they could all leave and no one else would be hurt or killed.

He was so caught up in his emotions and trying to keep at least somewhat in control of them that he didn't notice the slow, methodical gait of the green dragon approaching him until it was far too late. A heavy weight flopped against his legs and he gave a jump and a little shout of surprise, thinking he was being attacked. But almost simultaneously a voice echoed in his head, somber and a touch morbid.

Then let's let it end, Vennodrenmine. Life's too hard, and death is easy. If you go, I'll go. Unless you'd rather stay. You tell your Nzambith what you'd prefer, and I'll follow wherever you go.

Venn looked down at the dragon that had slumped against him, her rainbow eyes locking with his own as he felt a sense of completion, of being whole, of....of rightness filling him up, pushing out the sorrow and fear for a moment. He was frozen to the spot and the little dragon didn't seem to mind his silence as he struggled to find words.

Finally Venn simply crouched down, wrapping his arms around the little green. Tears were once again in his eyes, but this time they were for his relief and joy. She had found him. After all these years he had his One.

"O-oh...no, Nzambith, there's been enough death and pain for one day," he said weakly, sniffling softly as the green lifted her head to observe her rider curiously. She didn't say anything as she studied him, eyes whirling from yellow to blue and back so quickly that they looked green at times. Finally after a bit of thinking she pushed her head against Venn's chest, urging him to rise.

Then, if we are to stay, let us get something to eat. I am hungry. She waited for a moment to see if Venn would agree and the young man rose with a nod, his hand on his dragon's head to guide her.

"Yes, of course! Of course..." He was glad she was there to distract him. He had a partner to care for now, to feed and oil and clean and teach and love. He glanced up and made sure the way to the exit was clear before heading across the Sands, Nzambith by his side.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff