Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:25 pm
Raelin (HR)

"Zarike. Very well, then until--"

She stopped as commotion turned the sands into a small storm. The blue had apparently dove for--a tunnelsnake? Well if everything had been as haphazard as people said this clutch was, that wasn't surprising. No-one had had time to clear the place. She couldn't help but smile a little as the dragonet hauled his kill proudly to His. Another blue, hidden beneath his mother, popped out and twinned himself to brother brown, and another bronze -- just how many eggs were they hiding here? Raelin wanted to know exactly how many to anticipate and get over. Instead of making things quick, the clutching wanted to drag on.

"I didn't think a gold and white could hatch in the same clutch," she mused aloud, now putting a hand over her eyes, her earlier joke put aside for the moment. "How many more do you think they'll toss at us?" Hopefully not literally, like the poor egg that had rolled into them all. "I say two more greens."

Dizzy_Kat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:28 pm
P'rell

P'rell handed the shirt over as the apprentice laid the first cooling strip of medicated cloth across his skin. "hah! Cold!" Oh but it felt good. He held still while she draped more across his burns. The pain of contact faded quickly as the numbweed sank into his skin. "Thank the stars for numbweed." He smiled gratefully at Soui. "Thank you. Could I get a cup of water?"

"Lucky you" He smirked at Aly'on. "Tomorrow. You're going to glow like a gold on her maiden Flight while I'm going to look like a checkered quilt for the next two turns after this."

houllow

Shaddaling

Spicy Dizaster

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:31 pm
Elyk - High Reaches Candidate

"I see. So there's nothing we can or should do to influence their decision then."

Looking at the dragonets who were pairing themselves up with the Candidates whom they deemed were the right one for them, he couldn't help feeling a little disappointed that none of them looked his and Midais' way. It helped a little knowing that this wasn't a process that they as Candidates could do anything about other than simply letting nature run its course. Yet it stung his pride a little that none of the dragonets found him or Maidais a wee bit interesting to bother coming over to check either of them out.

It was getting increasingly difficult to keep track of just how many eggs/dragonets were left as he looked around to see what everyone else was doing and to see if he could try to spot Sa'do if the bronze rider was among them even. "Ya think this is going to end soon? Seems like a number of them have already found the ones they want."

stella cinere

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:34 pm
Akaris

"It's okay," she assured him, not concerning herself over the noise at all. "I'm sorry you've had to Stand so long. I mean, I - I'm not, because if you weren't still Standing, I wouldn't have met you, but I'm sorry it's hard."

She squeezed his hand - and stopped to stare wide-eyed at the gentle, sweet gold, and then had to collect her thoughts again, because...shards. And a blue unearthed and killed a tunnelsnake, and she may have shrieked a bit, and found it necessary to cling again, and an egg went and rolled into some people, and...

Hatchings were a terrible time to try to have a heartfelt discussion.

[quote="Shaddaling"  

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:34 pm
Aly'on

He couldn't help the laugh that left him at the comment. "I think that might have been the first time someone compared me to a virgin queen." He sat down next to P'rell and shook his head. "Maybe this will teach you next time not to forget your cream when going out."

houllow

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:36 pm
[ r'ose and sahrawith ]

With her baby brother off bothering their father, Sahrawith attempted to get herself back into whatever pleasant mood she'd had while sleeping. R'ose was looking her over for injuries, both knowing he'd find none, and the pale green sent affectionate waves towards him to let her know everything was fine now. He scoffed but rubbed at her head before standing up, stretching his arms.

"You're a little hungry again. Up for a tiny bit of meat?" R'ose was already moving towards the buckets, preparing to get at least a small piece to help take that edge off for her. It would perhaps lure her back to sleep, allowing for them to rest up before whatever happened...happened.

The rider pushed past all the others, unconcerned with their actions and anything else they were doing. Tunnel vision was a blessing and he had it in spades.

- - --- - ---

[ soui ]

"Water is fine, but you'll need to drink it slowly so you don't shock your stomach." Soui finished applying the strips about the man's chest, confident that the cool temperature on his core would help lower down any chances of fevers. With a glance at the man who said he was okay, she looked him up and down. "I'll get you some plain aloe for your face, and some water too. You may not be feeling it, but as he says you'll be in a lot of pain tomorrow."

Dizzy_Kat

Shaddaling

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Spicy Dizaster

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:36 pm
Zarike

"I mean. I suppose it's not impossible for it to happen... it just did. It's not odds I'd place for betting though." Zarike shrugged. "Haven't seen many whites hatch themselves either. I thought they always needed outside help." There weren't that many that he'd really seen at High Reaches. Whites were more a Western thing.
"If she starts throwing eggs I might just run!" He grinned at the thought. "Who knows? She's got a whole beach to bury them in... but if there are tunnelsnakes they might have gotten to them first."

"Two greens and I'll raise you a brown."

medigel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:37 pm
Vash - W

With everything that had been happening in what seemed a short time - really, it wasn't, but it felt that way with hatchlings popping out of eggs and Impressing - it could be forgiven that neither candidate had noticed a hatchling coming over.

"Oh Faranth, she's beautiful!" Vash beamed at Ezyzu. "Congratulations to you both!" The little adorable gold had found hers. The redhead felt very happy for her new friend she'd met. She returned the wave as she watched the new gold pair head off with a smile.

And then she was alone again and that tiny part of her that was nervous before began to creep back up. Except... this hatching didn't seem so scary. The hatchlings were all quite adorable in their own ways. And speaking of, there was a white! Shells, the little one all but blasted out of the rolling egg. Then there was some movement in the sand... and a little blue? Apparently, there was a hidden egg! And, as if it had been waiting just for the little blue, another egg hatched with a brown. How cute! Their tails were twined as they walked.

Prism Shine
heart

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:40 pm
The Solid Green Leaf Green continued to pick her way among the crowd. She honestly wasn't sure where she wanted to be -- or needed to be! She saw her white brother play with her father, and was tempted to run over....

On the other hand, there were so many people and they were all the most exciting ever!!

The little green ran up to Raelin and gave a happy cheep-cheep. She heard something about greens, and she was green, and wasn't she awesome? And oh! Oh, oh, oh, what about that over there? Giving a happy and gentle bat at the girl, she ran around Zarike in a circle, giving another play cheep-cheep.

Legs sure were fun!

And oh, oh who was that? A SANDMONSTER!!?

Running right back towards Rio the little grin pounced, but thankfully missed her goal. Instead, she landed at the feet of Esfir. Exuding nothing but giggles, the little green gave the girl an encouraging nuzzle, before prancing around both Ticene and Esfir. Ah, but then something else caught her eye....

Something shiny, and sweet, and absolutely perfect.....

Giving a bugle of joy, the little green leap in her excitement, hoping to land square on her chosen. Farensil! Were you daydreaming again? You should only think about your Zhenth and all the fun things we can do together! There's so much out here to do! Will you show me everything? I want to meet everyone... well, maybe after I eat!

User Image

the_muffin_puppy

DaisyMilk

medigel

dizzy_kat

Ruhane Chiisai

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:41 pm
Rylyrr

"Thank you," he replied, squeezing back and holding still as the queen approached, hopeful for his friend. What ever was said between them or not the beautiful little thing moved onward.

"Sharding fewments,"was the mildest things of what he wanted to say and probably why he let it escape as the blue dragonet went and killed a tunnelsnake and Akaris was clinging to him and then suddenly rolling egg into a candidate he might have remembered a bit from last hatching? Maybe?

Or at least noted as not one of his class and a tiny white impressed. The tunnelsnake killing blue found his, a green.

There was more hatching and a glint of bronze and it was getting to be a bit overwhelming to the point he had to shut his eyes and focus and just center before opening them again. Calm and control where key.

Meepfur
Akaris

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Rizdax

Instantly he was grinning from ear to ear and he moved aside from the path of the small green to stand closer to Shar and Nalacko. Farensil was a new friend but he was no less overjoyed that she’d found her partner, it looked as though she was going to have a lively one on her hands too!

“Ruhane Chiisai”

Riders
Vosin and Gold Killakeeth- W
Killakeeth warbled happily at the appearance of another bronze. This was good strong clutch! Susurinth must surely be pleased with the outcome so far. The gold sent strong feelings of encouragement to her favorite candidate, Mari.

Thaliawen
Mari

hattaki
Etansi

Ly’bur and Brown Hinburath- HR
Well. The gold was hiding another egg, and a bronze to boot! The pair watched the dramatics unfold.

magnadearel

magnadearel

High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
How many eggs were hidden here, he wondered. Was it normal for the golds to hide them under their wings and in the sand like that? Were there more eggs hidden somewhere on this beach? Makim looked under his feet for a moment worried he might have trod unknowingly upon an unhatched egg.

Nalacko
As if reading her thoughts, Nala flashed a happy grin at Rizdax as he took her hand. She gave a return squeeze, understanding the draw of the hatchlings. Just being part of the group made her happy. Nala gave a happy gasp as one of the greens came to claim Farensil for her very own. “Congrats!” She murmured to the new rider.

Hattaki
Rizdax

SilverLutz
Shar

Ruhane Chiisai
Farensil

Western Candidates
Rinis
Rinis adoringly watched the Solid Green Leaf green prance around. It looked like she wanted to go play too badly! Around and in, in and around the candidates the green went. Until she ended up at a small group and picked one of the lucky girls.

Aukai Oceansoul
L’saen/Solouth

hattaki
Etansi- I’m sorry. XD

Omurntas
It seemed dubious at best that one of these young dragons wanted him for their own. “I dunno,” he murmured back. His eyes ranging from the blue and brown dragons, to the egg with four bronze legs. “Those two hatched out alright, but it looks like the bronze is having a bit of trouble with his shell.” It looked like the four legs had found the only four weak points in the shell. He hoped the hatchling wouldn’t try to walk while it couldn’t see. As amusing as that would be, it could get him into trouble. Just look at the one egg that had gone rolling in to the candidates!

Thaliawen
For Mari

magnadearel

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:46 pm
Kyrieko

Zyanzi beamed happily as Ezy left the ring of Candidates to go care for her beautiful, sleepy golden girl. Ezy waved - he waved back excitedly, and then he was alone. But he did noticed another Candidate who waved as Ezy left. Zyanzi smiled and walked toward the other, almost dancing, trying to keep happy and positive, even as the amount of hatchlings diminished as they found Theirs. He bounced over to the other Candidate - Vash was the name if he remembered? Lightly, he linked arms with the girl and leaned against her shoulder. "Aren't they all delightful? This is amazing!"  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff