Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Anonymous Gift Giving Thread - It's Back! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 723 724 725 726 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you participate?
  Yes, this sounds like fun!
  No, this is lame.
  Gold!
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:21 pm

Eee! Thank you for the fauna shirt 'n sweater thing. ^^

Aretoo: Goes alright. ^^

Durn people and their lack of wishlisties... mad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:23 pm

Things all well on the home front, I hope? ^_^

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 pm

aretoo
Things all well on the home front, I hope? ^_^

Yep. Having a slight issue over lack of space (one-room and two people doesn't leave much in the way of personal space), but we're both neat-freaks so it's as good as can be expected.

How are you?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Ciel Avec Cafeine
Eee! Thank you for the fauna shirt 'n sweater thing. ^^

Aretoo: Goes alright. ^^

Durn people and their lack of wishlisties... mad

^_^

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:26 pm

Going well! Snuggling with the BF, while he plays Ratchet & Clank: Dead Zone and I stake out the iBook. ^_^ (about to drag out the last of the peach-apricot cobbler I made the other day and polish it off for desert...) ^_^
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:30 pm

aretoo
Going well! Snuggling with the BF, while he plays Ratchet & Clank: Dead Zone and I stake out the iBook. ^_^ (about to drag out the last of the peach-apricot cobbler I made the other day and polish it off for desert...) ^_^

Aw, nifty. ^^ I'm sure the peachy-apriwhatever cobbler is good. I've never been one for peaches, apricots, or baked goods, so it doesn't sound like my kinda thing, but I'm sure it's great. x3

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:34 pm

Ciel Avec Cafeine
aretoo

Aw, nifty. ^^ I'm sure the peachy-apriwhatever cobbler is good. I've never been one for peaches, apricots, or baked goods, so it doesn't sound like my kinda thing, but I'm sure it's great. x3

Well... it's not quite how I made them in Scouts (I don't currently have a dutch oven, nor a firepit...), but it turned out rather well, I think. ^_^

I grew up on a farm, so I'm pretty into the fruits and baked goods... mrgreen

And thank you, Mr. or Ms. A.B., for the nifty shorts... they're so nice and summery! wink rofl
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:37 pm

aretoo

Well... it's not quite how I made them in Scouts (I don't currently have a dutch oven, nor a firepit...), but it turned out rather well, I think. ^_^

I grew up on a farm, so I'm pretty into the fruits and baked goods... mrgreen

And thank you, Mr. or Ms. A.B., for the nifty shorts... they're so nice and summery! wink rofl

My brothers were in Cubs and then Scouts, but I never joined. I got to go hiking with them, though, which was fun.

I grew up around farms, but not actually on one. Hometown = majorly small. Drive in any direction for 2 minutes and you'll come across cows. Or llamas. 4laugh

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:43 pm

lol Well... I had to drive 5 miles to the nearest town (of about 100 people at the time... it's gotten bigger since); 7 to 10 miles past *that* was where the post office said we live; and a 15-minute drive in one of three directions is where you went if you wanted any real groceries... ^_^ My graduating class was a bit shy of 100... but thank GOD I didn't live one street further back, where the graduating class was 16, and the high point of the year was the rodeo... *shudder* And... my dad never quite knew what to do with me (go figure), as I didn't like hunting or fishing. Now, CAMPING and HIKING... mrgreen

aretoo is an Eagle Scout, by the way... it's surprising how many Eagles are, ahem, part of the tribe... wink
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:47 pm

aretoo
lol Well... I had to drive 5 miles to the nearest town (of about 100 people at the time... it's gotten bigger since); 7 to 10 miles past *that* was where the post office said we live; and a 15-minute drive in one of three directions is where you went if you wanted any real groceries... ^_^ My graduating class was a bit shy of 100... but thank GOD I didn't live one street further back, where the graduating class was 16, and the high point of the year was the rodeo... *shudder* And... my dad never quite knew what to do with me (go figure), as I didn't like hunting or fishing. Now, CAMPING and HIKING... mrgreen

aretoo is an Eagle Scout, by the way... it's surprising how many Eagles are, ahem, part of the tribe... wink

My grad class had 40 people in it, so I understand. x3 Most of my classmates would have been in your situation, as far as living away from the town.

And, for some reason, I'm not really surprised to learn that about the Eagle scouts. x3

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:53 pm

hehehe Yeah... funny how that works, huh? Of course, the OFFICIAL line is that they couldn't possibly be gay... yeah, right... wink

By the way... I like your list of movies. I own several of them. ^_^

(I LOVED both Saved! and Latter Days... and I'm really a sucker for sappy happy endings, like Saved and Latter Days both had...) mrgreen

EDIT: I suppose I *should* get a wish list together one of these days, shouldn't I? ^_^
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:58 pm

aretoo
hehehe Yeah... funny how that works, huh? Of course, the OFFICIAL line is that they couldn't possibly be gay... yeah, right... wink

By the way... I like your list of movies. I own several of them. ^_^

(I LOVED both Saved! and Latter Days... and I'm really a sucker for sappy happy endings, like Saved and Latter Days both had...) mrgreen

EDIT: I suppose I *should* get a wish list together one of these days, shouldn't I? ^_^

Yes, yes you should! So maybe "anonymous benefactors" could get you something you actually want, rather than, say, dancer bottoms. blaugh

I really liked Saved! since I've been through the whole omg-Jesus thing with my relatives. Two Catholic youth retreats are enough to put anyone with a brain off of being Gung-ho about the Lord. sweatdrop

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:02 am

...aretoo was a church kid 'til he got tired of "love one another *unless*"... and *then* he was a Boy Scout for a good decade and a half (with Mormons and Catholics and Lutherans all sponsoring troops)...

And, frankly, I have the same problem at holidays... My mom and I have this little dance of she asks me what I want, and I say I don't know, and she says I'd better come up with something... ^_^
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:12 am

The Scouts here don't seem to have the same religious affiliation that they do in the US. It didn't have any connection to the church here. o_O

My mom just gives each of us (me and my two brothers) money and orders us to shop for each other and stick a tag on it from her. x3

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:16 am

Well... not *all* troops (perhaps not even a majority of them) are church-sponsored, but they do have rather a strangle-hold on the National leadership. Hence the "gay=bad" stigma still lingering. Give it another 20 years... confused

And that sounds rather... well, efficient, really; presumably, if you haven't ticked your brothers off lately, you'll end up with something closer to wat you'd actually want... ^_^
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 723 724 725 726 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games