Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Role Play What You're Wearing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 pm
"I like the sound of that," Ashoc told him. "I don't really know what to say, though. Hi, I'm Ashoc and I'm not an alcoholic." She looked at Hedron with concern. "What is it?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:04 pm
Hedron didn't like the idea of talking about himself around somebody that tried to kill him. Especially when they take it upon themselves to not participate. It was like he wanted to know more then just basics if he wasn't willing to say anything about himself. It sounded like a trap. At this point he didn't mind not being able to talk.  

Red Glacier

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:09 pm
"Hedron wants you to talk, he doesn't trust someone that tried to kill him and then won't talk about himself," Ashoc explained, then blinked. "Wow. That was even clearer than usual."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:09 pm
Roland snickered a bit at Ashoc's comment. "Anyway, yeah. Probably a good idea, if nothing more than a way to pass the time. Not much to be said here, I'm just an ordinary mercenary with some interesting toys" He said as he held up his gloves.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Spifflicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:26 pm
Sensing mixed feelings from the group, he nodded. "I suppose I am overstepping my rather limited bounds... er..." A troubled look crossed his face and vanished in an instant. "Alright," he said finally. "I'll start then."

He cleared his throat and racked his brain, wondering where and how to begin.

"I've been... I was a member of the Agency of Order for several decades. I have little memory of my life before that." 'My mortal life,' he thought. He remembered every detail of it actually. 'But telling them that would bring up more questions.' "I worked for the Agency as a shape-shifter. I am able to manipulate my molecules and those of any water surrounding me simply by focusing on it. My powers are limited, however, if I can't keep my mind straight."

Nerius remembered with a shudder the times he had lost control of his thoughts... become a torrent of emotion and passion... the damage he had caused, and oh, the punishments he'd received. Subconsciously he slid a hand across the old scar on his chest beneath his shirt.

"Here... allow me to demonstrate." He closed his eyes and exhaled. As he did so, his arms began to shimmer and tremble. After several moments, they were nothing but gaseous portraits of arms, large and flowing. He focused and condensed them into long, pointed rods of ice. He smacked the super-hard crystals together and then allowed them to return to their normal form. "A shape-shifter dealing solely with water."

"I've done things I'm not proud of... things no one would be proud of..." He looked up suddenly, directly at Hedron. "I'm not a bad person... I've only done what I thought was right..." He broke off on a tense note and looked at his feet. Then, taking a deep breath in, he continued.

"As I've said, Ashoc and I were partners before the split. Since she left not a day has gone by that I didn't wonder if I was doing the right thing... Only now do I discover that I wasn't..." He stopped there and closed his eyes. Then, folding his hands in his lap, he seated himself again. "That's me in a nutshell..."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Roland leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head. If he was in his own house he would have put his feet on the table, but he didn't since he wasn't. "Well, there's nothing more than can be done. You do what you feel is right. Upon later, if or when you find out you were wrong, you just do what you can to atone for that. Nothing more that can be done." He shrugged.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 pm
Ashoc wondered absently why he was hiding his memories of his human life. He'd told her bits and pieces of it, once, but nothing much. But now he wasn't acknowledging his memory at all. "I've done things I've regretted as well. Lots of them. Everyone does," she said softly, petting Hedron absently as she became lost in her thoughts.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:27 pm
Hedron had no regrets. he was a commoner in the art of genocide and was born thinking nothing of it. He really had no past he could remember. Ashoc knew more about his past then he did.  

Red Glacier

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:34 am
((I really hope no one minds, but I'm gonna jump forward a bit. Also, disregard my bunneh whore please, she's not part of this xd ))

Later that night, Roland laid in bed staring at the ceiling. After a glance at his watch, he saw that it was midnight. He froze time and walked outside, and sat on the banister as he waited for Nerius, staring at the sky with his arms folded across his chest.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:43 am
((Attaway, Rol'. Taking matters into your own hands. And... er... disregard my entire avatar for right now? xd Plzkthx))

Nerius rose from his half-sleep and stood in the darkness of the treehouse. He felt the others sleeping around him in various nooks and crannies of the enclosure. The entire house, village, and forest seem to breathe in and out with him as he faded into a misty haze and flowed downstairs toward the balcony. He paused a minute, casting a glance toward Elcia's room, where Ashoc lay asleep on a cot. He struggled but couldn't sense her dreams. He had never quite managed mind-exploration completely.

He returned to the present, shook the daze from his head, and walked out on the balcony. The mercenary was already waiting for him. Nerius cleared his throat softly and stood just behind and to the left of the seated man. "Thank you for meeting me. I'll make this brief." He paused here, trying to sense the mortal's tension, his mindset. Mortals were usually easier to read, but this one... he felt nothing. -Was- nothing. Perfect...  

Spifflicious

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:47 am
"Well, I'm listening. Why did you want to meet me at this ungodly hour?" Roland asked, and raised one eyebrow inquisitively.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:00 am
"I won't waste your time, mercenary. And as I said, I plan to pay you handsomely. I have ways, you see..." He smiled for effect and then continued. "To get to the point, I need you to go with me to the Agency of Order headquarters. I can give you complete schematics and instructions on how to infiltrate and do what I need you to do. This will be for the good of all of you, I assure you." He didn't have a set plan in his head yet, but it was beginning to come together.

"As I said before, they can't see you. You're essentially powerless to them without your gauntlets. Now sure, you have your own skills of martial and marksman arts, but they can't see that. No one in the Agency has been able to master mind-reading since Ashoc left. No one. Which gives you another advantage. You have a very simple, one-track mind." He stopped briefly, giving the mercenary a chance to react and respond.  

Spifflicious

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:05 am
Roland grinned a bit. "You know, that could be taken as an insult as well. No worries though, I get what you mean. Anyway, you say that you want me to infiltrate the Agency of Order. What is it your after?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:12 am
Nerius nodded. "It's good you don't misunderstand me." He stopped again, thinking hard. What -did- he want exactly. The mercenary alone, invisible though he may be, could never topple the entire agency by himself. The thought alone was laughable. He could, however, have a good chance of crippling the grip the Agency of Order had on the world. The headquarters building was massive, but it was nothing more than that. Just a building.

He smiled wryly at the mercenary. "Let's put it this way. It takes an army to topple a dynasty, but a single man to topple their greatest castle." With that he nodded and turned to leave. "I'll leave you with that, Roland... think about it, hmm?"  

Spifflicious

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:22 am
"Hrm. Before you go, I have a question. You say I'll be fine as long as I don't use the gauntlets..." Roland took them off and set them to the side "...how about this?" he froze time again and walked around Nerius. When he released the flow of time to normal, he was panting. The timestop was a lot harder to pull off without the gloves, but it could be done. It took a lot of energy though.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games