Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
How the Jaft Stole Phunkeh - Presents and Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the holiday season?
'Tis the season to make merry.
40%
 40%  [ 24 ]
I'm gonna frag Santa this time around.
32%
 32%  [ 19 ]
I'd rather just chill at home.
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

LishaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:42 pm
And right this second I feel like nawwing my HEAD OFF!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:45 pm
Here's my next hint, Bassie:

Quick and Dirty Test

:3 I hope these hints are working. *trying not to do Bassie's homework for him*  

Sentama Lin

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:52 pm
User Image

I appreciate the hints, but we're not actually being taught to code pages, which I'm highly annoyed about.

We're being taught to design them and put them together in dreamweaver. My tutor hates coding, and therefore won't teach it to us.

It's annoying, because we're not getting taught any code in any lessons. We're getting fed code in Flash games, but not taught what it means.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:53 pm
@ Tae: Well I was never realyl into CSI. I did watch Miami if I happened to come across it same with criminal minds, I prefer the latter, but I dont really watch much tv anymore. So unless the show is like EPIC I don't really watch it. Other crime/legal shows I didn't mind watching include Boston Legal, The Practice, Blue Heelers (Basically the only Australian cop show now finished).

The were a couple of others I might watch if was bored and it happened to be on like Crossing Jordon and Law & Order but very rarely did that happen. I prefer a show that you actualyl get to see sort of a life in the characters like in NCIS, I find that in CSI and Law & Order all the show is about is the crime and nothing else. Its Dead Body > Witty One Liner > Intro Credits > Take photos and swabs > Track down whos semen is at the scene > relise they got the wrong man again > in a twist arrest the pretsel vender man.

That last bit might be a little exhagerated but you get my point xd  

Surazal Dloc

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 pm
Oi, oi, oi! That's annoying. Alright then. I could just give a solution, I suppose, unless you want an explanation of what I'm doing. Give me a bit of time though; I totally flaked out on how to make the menu horizontal rather than vertical.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:57 pm
User Image

*huggles Lin*

Thaaaaaankies~

I could do with an explanation, but it's not vital.

And sorry for pestering you~

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:00 pm
Let me get back to you once I finish some things (and get some referrals from C&T; I totally flaked out on what to do).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:02 pm
User Image

whee Wub yew~

heart

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:03 pm
Surazal Dloc
@ Tae: Well I was never realyl into CSI. I did watch Miami if I happened to come across it same with criminal minds, I prefer the latter, but I dont really watch much tv anymore. So unless the show is like EPIC I don't really watch it. Other crime/legal shows I didn't mind watching include Boston Legal, The Practice, Blue Heelers (Basically the only Australian cop show now finished).

The were a couple of others I might watch if was bored and it happened to be on like Crossing Jordon and Law & Order but very rarely did that happen. I prefer a show that you actualyl get to see sort of a life in the characters like in NCIS, I find that in CSI and Law & Order all the show is about is the crime and nothing else. Its Dead Body > Witty One Liner > Intro Credits > Take photos and swabs > Track down whos semen is at the scene > relise they got the wrong man again > in a twist arrest the pretsel vender man.

That last bit might be a little exhagerated but you get my point xd

It's not even exaggerated, that's exactly what happens. x3 There is some story involving the characters in Law & Order and CSI, but you have to watch a gazillion episodes to learn even the tiniest things, which is as good as not revealing their lives at all.

That's why I like Criminal Minds. Especially in the second, third, and fourth seasons, they really play up the character's personal lives and history, quite often making it the focal point of the show. : D The leads are all diverse and kinda quirky, and I like that, too. I get the same impression from my rare glimpses of NCIS. I think if I took the time to watch it more, I'd really like it.

I could not stand CSI: Miami because of the lead character, Horatio. He just drives me bonkers. x3

I don't really watch TV (being that I don't have cable), I just stream stuff online.

And, isn't it funny? Neither of us are American, but we mostly watch US-based shows. x3 I think the only shows I've ever watched that were set in Canada were Degrassi, Little Mosque on the Prairie, and Corner Gas.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:04 pm
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiimple. heart

xd But, no, I wouldn't know left from right making one of those menus, or a webpage or anything. sweatdrop

So rock on, Bass. Rock on.  

Kufasir

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:17 pm
@ Tae: Thats why miami was watchable xd All of his one liners are hell funny. Jim Carrey did a good job of inpersonating him on David Letterman.

As for the whole watching American shows. You have to remember that at least in Australia about 80% of Tv is from America. We sorta dont have the money to make our own shows other than like lifestyle/kids/a cop show. And the odd reality tv show. Thats about hte only thing we actually make. It's much cheaper for the networks to just buy the American shows. But regardless many of them are worth watching. My favourite being Stargate SG-1 w00t!

But yeah that also what I liked about Criminal minds the hcaracters and that you did see a bit into their lives. Although I don't know his name, the like leader of the group I've seen him in a few shows an dI quite like him. Plus the nerdy looking dude amuses me blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:23 pm
I've seen that Letterman excerpt before. x3 It's full of win.

We have quite a few Canadian networks, but there's some sort of...law or regulation where certain channels are required to have x amount of Canadian content. We have government grants for people who want to produce and distribute content that's made in Canada.

But quite often the highest rated shows are still the ones on the big American networks, or come from there. I used to watch all these crime shows on CTV (Canadian TV, what an original name for a network).

We get a lot of kid's shows from Australia and New Zealand, by the way. o_O When I was little, probably half of the shows I watched were filmed there. I don't know why, but that stands out in my memory. x3 Maybe it's why I'm so fond of Australian people?

Edit: Like Round the Twist. I loved this show, although I don't remember why.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:31 pm
Haha. Well that is one of the thigns we are good at. Making interesting programs for kida and teenagers. And we have the ABC which is The Australian Broadcasting Corporation, basically our version of the BBC. Thats funded at least partly I'm not sure how much, by our government and it basically only has Australian shows on it as far as I know. I lot of them are docos and stuff. But there usually are a few good comedies/panel shows and its also the channel where all those Australian kids shows are put on.

Did you ever see a show called Spellbinder? I used to love that show.

EDIT: Yes Round the twist was quite an amusing show indeed. One of my favourites growing up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:36 pm
Spellbinders? I googled it, and it sounds really, really familiar. I would have been quite young when it aired originally, though.

There's another one that I really liked, and I can't remember now if it was Australian or British (we also had lots of UK imports, which is why I can't remember), about a witch. I'm thinking it was from the UK, though, because I can remember what one of the teacher's sounded like.

Edit: Ah, I was right, it was British. Called The Worst Witch. x3 Was filmed in Canada, apparently.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:51 pm
Haha yes I know that one. Although I wasn't that into the series I did like it when they made like a spin-off where she was going to college. That was better. And yeah, most of these shows are filmed in Australia/NewZealand/UK/Cannada. A lot of stuff coms from Cannada now days. Stargate was filmed there. InuYasha's english voice acting was done there. It's like America's cheaper place to film stuff.  
The Vault

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games