Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:49 pm
Martirae

Martirae, despite it being two hours, had refused to take a seat. She shifted from foot to foot. Got a drink of water. Put some aloe and screen on her face.

It was fairly boring.

---

Kinyegele

Kinye had sat down in the sand and was half dozing. If only she'd brought her sketchbook!

----

Juhvek

Juhvek stood, unmoving, and waiting. Maybe he'd fallen asleep standing up?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:51 pm
h'win and blue suuth (hr)

His help might not have been needed to get here, but he would be damned if he wasn't going to see everyone home. H'win waited under the cover of Suuth's wing, his unfocused stare on the sands until the blue egg shifted. The man sat up then, rising to his feet slowly as he thought encouraging thoughts at the hatchling within.  

Smerdle

Scamp

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:53 pm
Triton - Western Candidate

As time passed, they waited. And waited. And waited.

The excitement dropped off and the lanky lad ended up settling down into the sands.

And still they waited.

He got some water, but boredom quickly set in. He sat in the sands, shifting it around with his hands. He sighed heavily and repeatedly and started drifting off to sleep while sitting up.

Sooooo bored....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Finally, at long, long, long last, a little green snout poked out of the egg. Followed by a delicate, triangular head. A neck followed, and then the Green came tumbling out of her egg, to squeals of indignation. OH NO! That was not how she had wanted this to go! Blue Flower Green whined softly, but then looked up to her father for reassurance. Did she do right?

How fancy! A little somersault, and all. Very good.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm
Zyanzi quietly sipped on some water as he stood near the edge of the eggshell-laden sands. Watching. Waiting. Patient. And very happy, despite he would undoubtedly have a sunburn. Ah. Such was a Candidate's life. But despite the heat of the sun above, and the heat of the sands below. But he couldn't bring himself to leave. Not too far away. What if this was His? Nope. He just stood there, long hair and white robes soaked in sweat, sipping cool water to stay hydrated. "C'mon... come join us! ...when you're ready, my dear." He whispered between sips. And then... a small crack and out tumbled a Green! He held in a squeak. Oh, what a beauty! "Welcome little one!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:01 pm
Etansi

Everything still hurt, every noise and happy cheer was drowned out by her own loneliness and her ears were ringing so loudly at times that she could thankfully not hear always. Of course she’d heard Zinath’s words and she was trying to come to understand them, in her mind the Weyr has already thrown her out. Why wouldn’t they when she’d run away, it was one of the first things she’d been taught but never in their plans had Impression been part of it. Now that plan was likely dashed and she was formulating half cocked plans for what to do when they threw her away like all the others, for what food was an emotional mess like herself to them? She would never Impress to a dragon, she was told one needed to have a heart for that.

Well, of course before she hadn’t thought she had one, now she could feel it hammering as hard against her ribs as it could. It almost physically hurt.

At the green’s words she faltered and pulled her face back from the damp skin she had smashed it against. Her jaw dropped a bit and her eyes widened wildly. Was it good for her to feel relieved that he had come for her? No, that wasn’t right, why was he here!? A slight of anger flashed through her but melted away amidst everything else and she turned her head to look up at Zinath, tightening her arms on the green’s leg before nodding her consent to see her brother. Maybe they had sent him to tell her to leave. Nothing logical was in the girl’s mind in that moment.

“Sinders Path”

“Mx Cherie”

————————
Rizdax

Oh Shards was it ever hot out here! Riz was starting to become concerned for the egg, what was happening. Would it ever hatch? He wanted to see it hatch and meet it’s rider before he admitted that he was not at all feeling well. Bumps ran all over his skin and it was cracked in places, his body was going back and forth between hot and cold and weak. But the stubborn streak to see this through til the end had him standing with his back straight and his arms crossed. This was his first hatching! He would see it through til the end to greet the last egg as it was right to do so!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:01 pm
Zarike

Shards and Shells! He'd just been messing around she didn't have to go for the goods like that! "Oh shaff off." He huffed. Anything he tried to bite back with would just dig himself a deeper hole at this point. "What do you know of my stones anywa-" He choked on his last word as he followed her gesture and caught sight of the enormous bronze stalking towards them. Of course he wasn't going to run, even if the hatchling had a look to it that spoke less of interest and more of hunger. Dodging though, dodging was a fair option when it came to angry dragons.

Zarike, please come away from there. Your Chonth has many battles left to wage, and this one is almost to its close. Let us go see to the others, and find - Something to eat.

Raelin could claim she was right, Zarike did run after all, but it was towards the bronze rather than away from him. Without even a glance backwards Zarike turned from her and bolted straight for the hatchling that called his name. He practically tackled Chonth right there on the sand, rolling the both of them in his excitement. "I hate to admit it Chonth but I think I might have lost that one."

The rainbows in Chonth's eyes whirled down to a hunger edged green as he scrabbled at the sand, easily throwing Zarike onto his back. He spread his dark wings wide and tilted his head to peer down at his chosen rider. ~ And this one as well. How unfortunate. It is something we will have to work on later but for now? Food.~

Zarike just laughed and sat up, shaking his head vigorously to clear the sand from his hair. "If you say so!" Zarike got to his feet and followed obediently for possibly the first time in his life. He was a rider! Chonth was here and he was Chonth's as much as Chonth was his. Zarike, now Z'ke, held his head up high, straight and proud, as they made their way back to the feeding tables... albeit shedding sand the entire way.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:04 pm
High Reaches Candidates
Makimton
Hours passed slowly. Eventually the adults managed to talk the dragonet in to hatching. He smiled as the green entered the world.

Nalacko
She smiled in sympathy for the young green with all eyes upon her. It must be tough in her position. Now she could have her pick of the remaining candidates.

(( Hattaki @ Rizdax ))
(( SilverLutz @ Shar ))

Western Candidates
Rinis
Ah, there she finally appeared. She was well worth the wait in Rinis’ eyes. Rinis cooed encouragingly toward the young dragon.

Omurntas
He wondered rhetorically why they’d kept them out here. Eventually the dragon made her stumbling appearance. Omurn straightened up and brushed the sand from his robes. He’d like to get home and have a cool swim!

(( Thaliawen @ Mari ))  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:06 pm
Akaris

Well, so much for going for a swim after the Hatching. The very last egg took its sweet, sweet time, but given the circumstances, Akaris didn't actually mind very much. It gave her more time with Rylyrr, at least, before they had to go back to their respective Weyrs. By the timw the green finally decided to hatch, she had long since given up standing, shifting foot to foot. Nope, she was in the sand (even if it was awfully...sandy), leaning against her friend and doing her best to stay awake.

Shaddaling
just assuming some leaning+innocent cuddles, 'cause hey might as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Father says that I must hurry, the Blue Flower Green told all of her patient watchers. And wait they had, for which they certainly had her gratitude. She hadn't been ready, was perhaps still not ready, but...

RaelinMine, will you please help me check the meat, to make sure that it's as it should be? I don't know if I will like mine with ice.

User Image

But even if she did, she would have hers beside her to ensure it. Your Saith is very tired, and very, very hungry. For all that it was so very clearly her own doing. She could not even so much as move from her father's claws.

medigel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:54 pm
IMPRESSION POST: FARENSIL/HIGH REACHES

Farensil was happy to watch the proceedings, her own hopes gone quiet, but enjoying the day all the same. She was, indeed, lost in daydreams when the green bulk landed against her chest. On an instinct, she released her new friends' hands and hurried to support the dragonet's hind end with a hug, even as the leap through her back to the sand, to once again stare at the sky with an 'oof!'

Her mind abuzz with questions and answers and love and activity, it was a surprise to her that her own eyes weren't coated in rainbows, as she looked up at that gorgeous green dragonet and, hesitantly, afraid this might be some imagining or other, she raised her hands along that smooth, leathery hide and touched the wings at their bases, then wrapped the green in a hug, her eyes wet with glee to match the rainbows.

Farensil couldn't do rainbows, glittery tears were her closest similarity. "Yes, yes. We'll go see and meet everyone! Food first!" she chuckled, then rolled sideways to lift the pup off her chest and straighten up.

Farenmine, come! Let's go do things now! Ooh! Baihath! Baihath, look! I've found mine! Isn't she beautiful!? Yours is beautiful too! Faren jumbled to keep the green from tumbling onto the sands and sat her down gently. As the green took off for the feeding tables, she had to pluck at her robes to drain the sand from them and gave an encouraging, blissful smile at her new friends. She started to wave, when her head exploded again. Farenmine, I'm hungry and I want to play! Come along now! The little green sat and mewled by the table, and Faren abandoned her attempts to cheer her friends on, but did spare them a thought anyways.

Faren blinked when the playful little green beast bobbed past her and wrapped her friends in a hug. Farenmine says good luck. Bye now! and after that brief hug, the green bounded off again, head under Faren's hand and wing raised behind her hips to drag her off to the table. I want to see the blue around the island, and the blue in the sky, and where you came from!

Faren giggled and stroked her dragonet's soft, dried head. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" she chuckled at the green, walking to the table with her hound of a dragonet until she bounded off to go wiggle her tail end at the white while Faren set to sorting the meat in a bucket she'd grabbed with, what she felt, was best of the prime cutlets and set into chopping them into small bits for between play. (Any cook will tell you Faren has no cooking sense, even beyond the fact that all the meat was prime cutlets)

Between bouts of play, she handed little bits of the smaller, pathetically uneven cuts of meat to the dragonet, careful of her fingers with the playful snappings of her new best friend.

And that thought earned her a hug that lightly tilted the table before she could correct herself and the draconic weight on her shoulders as she laughed and snuggled it. "Calm down and eat, so I can oil your hide!" she laughed, rubbing the hatchling's neck. She interrupted her dragonet's next, faux-whiny thought. "Yes, yes, there's lots to do! But you need to eat and be oiled first!"

magnadearel

Hattaki
Rizdax

SilverLutz
Shar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:06 pm
Impression Post
Adar - HRW

Her musing of dragon genetics and disposition occupied her mind enough for her to drop her hands from her face, though her main focus was still on the familial bonding along side the sands. Adar kept an ear out lest she need to move out of the way or just move if need be. The triumphant creel of the brown dragonet drew her gaze and drowned out the soft rasp of quickly approaching footsteps. Oh, one of the cuddly boys found His!

And then she heard her name and then felt so very much more!

Adar! Oh, Adar! There you are, my most beloved. Your Yinth missed you, and needs you! Won't you look at me, instead of them? Today is far too sunny a day to be apart, and I don't want to be alone.

Her brows knit together as she gave an almost breathless laugh, elated tears pricking her eyes as she met the whirling rainbow facets of the dearest thing in the world. “Oh, Yinth, darling heart,” She began softly with trembling voice, reaching out to cup the dark and icy Blue’s delicately featured face. “From this day forward, there is no such thing as alone, for either of us.” She beamed, drawing Yinth close into a hug, pressing a kiss to his snout. “Sorry if I worried you. Let’s go get you fed and oiled, yeah? Might need a little something for my skin too.” She chuckled as she stood, keeping a hand on her little blue as she turned toward the tables bearing everything newly minted weyrlings would need.

Glancing into the gathered spectators, she picked her elder brother out of the crowd, an easy task seeing as he had both fists raises above his head, waving them around as he mouthed his cheering support. He wasn’t wanting to shout and disturb anyone or any of the babies, but he was thrilled to be able to see her find her bondmate. She’d definitely have to introduce Harol to Yinth before leaving, probably get crushed in a hug. No big deal.

‘Not actually crushed though, right, Adar?’ Yinth chimed in as they arrived at the tables. Upon being assured that imminent crushing death wasn’t something to be worried about, that the one she has been thinking of was her own brother, the blue calmed. He understood perfectly and very much looked forward to meeting His’ brother too.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:39 pm
Raelin (HR)

That was...theatrical, almost. Her pointing the way from Rider to Dragon. Raelin was honestly stunned as Zarike ran towards his lifemate without a second glance, one moment all wounded pride and the next nothing but laughter and love. It was a little wounding, but she knew better than to hold it against him. That was what they were all here for in the end, for the hatching--not to chitchat.

She couldn't help one more mocking bow as they left, however, whether the pair saw or not. No-one could say even too serious Raelin didn't have her childish side.

- - -

By Faranth, this was taking too long. Raelin felt like she was steeping in her own sweat. Numbweed could only do so much. She hydrated, crouched on the sands, mulled over but ultimately did not get a hat, helped fellow healers with the growing number of sunburns, and daydreamed about the novel she had been reading before this whole event had started. That, at least, kept the action moving rather quickly, or at least filled the spaces in between with dialogue and sneaking glances and fingertips glossing over another's arm and...

Father says that I must hurry.

Raelin jerked from her reverie briefly, only now becoming aware that the hatchling had finally appeared from her egg. She seemed particularly fussy about it all, and because the Candidate had been feeling the unpleasant burn across her arms and face for much too long now, she considered something less than polite. This was the longest hatching she could recall ever being in, and now, at this final hour (perhaps even literal hour), the last dragonet had to be like this. She might have been more sympathetic had she not felt like the sun was beginning to physically hit her.

You know what? It was over, practically. She ought to just--

RaelinMine, will you please help me check the meat, to make sure that it's as it should be? I don't know if I will like mine with ice.

Raelin stopped. The Green's eyes whirled an anxious yellow from beneath her father's calm. Against her gut impulse to avoid going near either parent, she approached. Slow, slow. Her mind was overwhelmed even before she felt their bond begin, but there was a part of her, distantly, that wanted her to stay calm. If there was one thing Raelin had hated about Impressions, it was having to stand stoically by while others openly shared their joy. Worse, she was alone--the others had gone long before. So: Quiet. Calm. No need to make a huge fuss of it. Only the shake of her hands gave her away as she bowed before Cordrath, followed by the quiver of her lips as she went to her knees and gathered the Green into her arms.

Your Saith is very tired, and very, very hungry.

Raelin gave a weak laugh as she buried her face into the hatchling's hide, for just that moment allowing herself to cry from the sheer emotion of it all. Quiet. (Don't let them hear. Don't remind them.) (They are not there, there is only us.) Nothing on the outside meant she could funnel it all inward, however, and she forgot what time was and why it mattered as she and Saith delighted in one another.

You made me wait, Raelin tutted, though in her current state even that sounded adoring.

Saith softly cheeped in mild embarassment and sat back on her haunches. Everything had to be perfect for Mine. My sisters and brothers rushed forward without a plan, but I had to be ready for my grand entrance.

Were you?

Saith paused and then dipped her head before replying. I will not lie. I...was not.

Raelin rubbed one of her knobs affectionately and leaned in, as if to whisper in the dragonet's ear. The truth, Saithmine? No-one ever is. But they saved the best for last, and you will never need to prove it to me ever again.

This seemed to ease her partner's anxiety some, and she leaned against Raelin's hand for a few seconds more before getting to her feet. Her exhaustion seemed to be overridden by her hunger. Ah, good. Yes. Now come, I think we both need a good scrub after that. And a nice, long sunning...

With the brightest smile she had worn all day, Raelin picked her up, ignoring how her skin protested, and led her away to the empty table of iced meat. At least for a short while, they could be in their own little world.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:54 am
Erastan and Aspalath

Erastan tensed and narrowed his eyes at Zinath, he was not about to let her stop him seeing his twin no matter what Etansi's thoughts were on the matter, she needed him weather she knew it or not, or was prepared to admit it after he had hurt her so.

Luckily Etansi still had enough sense to admit him entrance into her protection. As soon as the wing started to lift Erastan ducked under it, crossed the space between them in two strides and wrapped his twin in a tight embrace. "Dimglow." he scolded her gently. "Like I'd ever leave you like Mother or Ma."

Aspalath had been eyeing the adult green with great hesitation throughout the exchange but as soon as Erastan plunged forward he squeaked and shuffled quickly after his new rider, pretty much attached to his leg. He looked up as the twins embraced. He was new to the world and emotional complexities were still hard to grasp but he took the flood of warmth and affection he could feel from his rider and offered it up to Etansi as he hesitantly touched her mind. Hovering at the edges like a frightened rabbit that could bolt at any time.

"I am sorry sister, I know I am not like the other dragons, Not as good, but you are Mine's most important person, please don't hate me."

Erastan pulled partly away from the hug then to put an encouraging hand atop his new dragons neat triangular head.

"Etansi, he's not replacing you he's just...." Erastan brow furrowed and his face crumbled comically for a moment as he tried to think of the best way to describe it. "He's like, more me. So you have to love him to, cause he's just me, bit a bit different." That totally made sense right? But for Erastan who had just spoken more in a moment than he usually did in a week, it was a lot. Words were hard.

Hattaki

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 am
Etansi

There wasn't even a moment of time between when the wing moved and when she was suddenly bundled into the arms of her twin in a tight hug that forced a gasp out of her mouth. Tears still ran down her face but she changed the place she buried her face from the dragon's leg to Erastan's robe, shivers running through her thin frame at the mention of the Ma. Why was he here with his dragon, why was he showing her any affection at all when he was going to be whisked away from her to some place she couldn't reach and where she would never see him again? Under normal circumstances she would have bitten him and snarled for him to let go of her, but all she could do was sink her nails into his chest in an effort to hold onto him.

Something touched at her lightly in a way she'd never felt before, or at least not in that manner. It was much the way that Killakeeth would talk to her, or even Zinath just had, but it was light and it seemed to be deathly afraid. It dawned on her that this was the blue that had been so afraid when the other candidate had wandered towards it, the one that she had thought of as weak. Really... it didn't seem that it was so weak, though it did seem cripplingly shy, but more importantly it was the outward expression of her brother's fragile soul, the thing that she had been protecting for so many turns. Who was she to turn that away just because it was filling a space that she once had?

"Not good dragon for others... but good for Erastan." Etansi managed roughly, turning her head so that she could look down at the tiny thing by her brother's leg. "Just sad to see you leave to go somewhere else."

In her mind he was going for good to a new place, but here he was swearing that he wasn't about to leave her and though she was broken in every sense of the word in this moment she had always trusted what he said. Swallowing hard against her tears in an effort to make them stop long enough, she reached out a hand halfway towards the dragon before drawing it back. Maybe there would be time for that in the future, if they really weren't going away for good. For now she wasn't certain, she just knew that Erastan was happy with the dragon and in her worn out mind she would have to find some way to come to accept it. Otherwise she really would lose them forever and ever.

"Please... don't either of you leave." she shook roughly once more against her brother at the thought and she hated herself for her weakness. "But... I might have to go. Stay strong though, so someday we can meet again."

It all depended on what the Candidatemaster chose to do with her after she'd broken the first rules she'd ever been taught in his classes.

Sinders Path

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces