Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:32 pm
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
'Cause nothing's going right
And everything's a mess
And no one likes to be alone
Isn't anyone trying to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?

User Image

Rick had been sitting for a bit when out of the darkness surrounding him, the sound of hooves approaching reached him. Fighting off the urge to just turn and run, he watched as a face appeared from the darkness. Exhaling a breath he didn't even know he was holding, he realized he was shaking again. He fought with himself, trying to calm down enough to keep himself from freaking out again, when he realized that it was just one lone thestral. Blinking, he stood quietly, approaching the equine creature.

When his hand hesitantly reached out to touch the thestral, he let out a shaky laugh. It was real. Merlin, he wasn't going crazy. "You're real, aren't you? I thought I was imagining it, but you're real." He almost wanted to cry with relief. He was so certain that he'd gone completely bonkers. "I'm sorry, I must look a fright, don't I? Or, well, um, maybe that's not the right thing to say. You kind of look that way yourself. Bloody hell, I must be a mess."

----------------------------------
State: Nervous, tired
OOC: Not a part of Ronyo and Essy's timeline.

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 am
User Image

Kiroil the Thestral

_________ ______________________________________________ __________

A breath of anxiety, a shake. Kiroil wasn't the only one conscious of one another, it seemed. The thestral blinked, feeling the skin against his bony self. Yes, to this little boy, Kiroil was real. To those who had lost their innocence, he was real. To those who remain oblivious, he was just a figment of imagination. The magical creature scoffed at what the boy said next. He didn't necessarily appreciate being called "a fright", though didn't deny it. Kiroil took a small step forward, then nudged the boy's head with his nuzzle. The thestral would've bit him if it weren't for his fragile state of mind he witnessed back when Hogwarts just started.

Lonely, perhaps. Yearning, definitely. Wishing, hoping, dreaming.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm
With a thousand lies

Tell me all your plans and I'll laugh back in your face

And a good disguise

Preach me your religion if you're dumb enough to pray

Hit ‘em right between the eyes

Look what I became, honey

§ ··¤(` ×[¤ i¢h ¢αʇiא ¤]× ´)¤·· §

Wearing

ஆ৳»§lytherinஆ৳»קurebloodஆ৳»Ŧhird Yearஆ৳»
Volare

User Image User Image
Michelle listened quietly as the two spoke. Although she was watching her wand spin between her fingers, she could feel his eyes on her. At that moment she knew that he knew that she had seen him. She looked up slowly, meeting his eyes and slipping her wand into her pocket. Tilting her head just slightly, she watched him. When Ronyo spoke she switched her attention to him, a smirk dancing briefly across her lips. "Hmm..." She hummed quietly, watching him leap off into the trees once again. She wondered briefly if he ever moved on the ground. Silently she returned her attention to Tay and ran her fingers through her hair, pulling a few knots free.
User Image
OOC:...

When you walk away

What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say

Searching for disaster

See the lightning in your eyes

Watching my whole life flash in front of my eyes

See ‘em running for their lives

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:14 pm
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
And everything's a mess

User Image

Rick blinked as the thestral. Frowning, he realized that he must have said something to offend the creature. What did... Suddenly the realization hit him hard. He must have just insulted it by calling it a fright. Hanging his head a bit, he swallowed, and bit his lip. Well, more proof he was an idiot. He backed away a bit and wrapped his arms around himself.

"I, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I..." He stuttered to a stop. What was he supposed to say, anyway? He really didn't mean to offend the creature, and now he probably was going to drive it away. He cursed himself mentally. Merlin, could he get anything right?

It's a damn cold night
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm
User Image

Kiroil the Thestral

Kiroil tilted his head a bit, slightly confused. The thestral looked into the boy's eyes and observed his demeanor, coming to the conclusion that he was cuckoo in the head. Nudging his nuzzle against Rick's cheeks, it would hopefully convey the message that Kiroil held nothing against the Ravenclaw, that there was absolutely nothing to worry about. A small sound, a slight whimper escaped the thestral's throat, coming out sounding like a sad melody playing in the wind on a cool and dark night.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 pm
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
And everything's a mess

User Image

Rick looked back up. Well, he wasn't exactly sure why the heck the creature was still willing to be around him at this point. He reached out a hand again, patting the creature on the neck again. He was kind of wishing that this wasn't such a one-sided conversation. Of anyone at the school, no one had really been through what he had. The very thought that it made him unique made him wish he could have just stayed home and listened to his father the first time during summer. Now, he was such a mess he didn't know what pieces he was broken into now.

"So, how do you deal with it, anyway? being known as the creature that supposedly is bad luck? I mean, only people who have seen death can see you. Does that, I dunno, kind of make you depressed?" He shook his head. He was talking to the horse, expecting it to talk back. He must be crazy. Honestly, what kind of idiot was he?

It's a damn cold night
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:27 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☽ ☾

Lore shivered, trying to walk silently as she trudged over the roots. A couple times she almost fell, but righted herself by placing her hand on the tree trunks. She had followed Rick down from the castle; she had had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach when he left. Now, she saw him seemingly talking to himself. She placed her palm on her forehead and swept her hair back.
"Rick, are you okay? What are you doing down here?" She threw her hands in her pockets, trying to stay warm.

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

Dry lightning cracks across the skies
Those storm clouds gather in her eyes
Her daddy was a mean old mister
Mama was an angel in the ground
The weather man called for a twister
She prayed blow it down

Theres not enough rain in the world
To wash the sins out of that house
Theres not enough wind in the world
To rip the nails out of the past

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
And everything's a mess

User Image

Rick blinked as he heard Lore. He swung around, seeing his best friend right behind him. Suddenly he realized how this must all look. Here he was, out here late at night, and he was talking to thin air, to her knowledge. If anything, it made him look about as crazy as he felt. He ran a hand through his hair distractedly. How was he going to explain this?

"Umm, hey Lore. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you this, but remember the horses I told you about? The ones that didn't look alive? I, I wanted to prove I'm not going crazy. It's a thestral. Only, well, only people that have seen someone die can see them..." No, that didn't sound crazy at all. He had a feeling that she wouldn't believe him, even if he had told the truth. "Look, if you don't believe me, then come over here. He's right here, and you can touch him if you want, I think." He glanced back at the thestral, hoping for some indication it was all right.

It's a damn cold night
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:21 pm
User Image

Kiroil the Thestral

If Kiroil could talk, he would. All while Rick was talking, the thestral debated opening himself up to the boy. In a couple years, this boy would graduate from Hogwarts and start a life of his own, forgetting Kiroil or simply remembering the horse-like creature as one of the thousands of thestrals, creatures of Death. To Kiroil, he would remember the student for the rest of his life.

A voice chimed in the distance, and swinging his head towards the sound, noticed a little girl. These two seemed to know each other, but it did not stop Kiroil from being wary of the newcomer. Steady eyes followed Lore's movement. The thestral raised his head high above, just in case the girl would swing her hand towards him in an attempt to touch him. After all, Kiroil didn't want to get slapped.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

Lore's eyes widened.
"A- a Thestral? Only someone who's seen death can see them?" Lore fought the urge to get the boy to the Hospital Wing. Tempted as she was, she reluctantly felt to where he was gesturing. She felt it was her responsibility to make sure he knew she knew he wasn't hallucinating, even if she didn't quite believe Rick. What doubt there was dissipated, however, when her outstretched hand came into contact with an invisible stretch of cool, smooth skin. She looked at Rick quickly, startled.
"This is a Thestral?"

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

She prayed blow it down

Kai Sparrowheart

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 pm
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
And everything's a mess

User Image

Rick watched as Lore placed a hand on the thestral and her eyes widen with shock. Well, it certainly had to be disconcerting to feel something that wasn't there. He should know, since he still felt Drae's eyes on him while he slept. He rubbed his left arm absently, then flinched when he realized he was doing it. He hoped Lore didn't notice the gesture, but then again he was certain that Lore had a tendency to notice a lot of things about him.

"I was almost afraid you were going to think I was barmy. Heck, I still think I'm barmy. You know, about the whole seeing invisible things bit. I know most people would..." Rick ran a hand through his hair distractedly. He wasn't sure he wanted to say what was still bothering him about, well, trying to act normal. It was such a massive task that he wasn't sure he could pull it off mos days, and doubted he succeeded in any attempt. "I'm sorry, about not saying anything. I just didn't know how to bring it up."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm
User Image

Kiroil the Thestral

Kiroil stood there, not a flinch or a breath, letting the girl touch him. The thestral was happy that his existence was known, even if he cannot be seen. But on the other hand, he didn't want someone innocent to death to know of a dead-looking creature such as himself. Well, the two kids seemed to have a hearty talk. Young love. It was always sweet.

{Derping o3o}

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 pm
User Image
Lorelai Emma Brookwater
Gryffindor Third Year
13-Halfblood

"Well, I'm glad you did, even if it took this long." She gave the invisible thing one last surreal pat before putting her hands in her pockets. She looked at Rick carefully, and thought he did look anxious. As anyone would be.
"Rick, how have you been holding up? Tell me the truth." Of course, she would probably be able to tell if he was lying or not regardless.
☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽ ☾☽
☾☽

She prayed blow it down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 pm
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
And everything's a mess

User Image

Closing his eyes, Rick thought about Lore's request. It was probably both terrifying and perhaps even relieving to hear that someone that he trusted wanted to hear about how he was. He knew he freaked out his fellow housemates, and spent as little time around them as possible. Sighing, he patted the thestral absently, wondering if the creature could feel his apprehension with the situation.

"Honestly, I, I can't sleep. Every time I try, I see Drae and his family, still murdered. Every one of them blaming me. I could have stopped it, could have decided to go with my mum, but I didn't. I think I'm slipping in all of my classes. I freaked out Professor Athis. We were doing dementors, and..." The image of Drae and Lucy's bodies flashed through his head, and he pressed the palms of his hands against his eyes to try and erase the mental image. "I'm losing it. Then again, did I even have anything to lose to begin with?"

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 am
User Image

Kiroil the Thestral

Kiroil simply listened as the boy talked. It's not your fault, the thestral wanted to say to him. What could he do to tell Rick? It wasn't like Kiroil could conjure a voice or something to talk with. Heck, he could only do weird wails here and there. Grrrr.

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games